PDA

View Full Version : Giving as much as you can to the cause!

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
14-11-2012, 07:42 PM
The great start to the season & the players attitude has inspired me to do all i can for the Famous Edinburgh Hibees - today i have ordered an East Terrace Stone with a replica at a cost of £100 with delivery - on tuesday i will get a ticket for the Scottish Cup against the wee team :greengrin and also purchase my half season ticket at £220 (i have been to all the home games paying cash so far) - and as always i will spend approx. £100 at the club shop on xmas pressies for friends n family!...this year for once it actually feels like an investment! :agree: GGTTH

Jonnyboy
14-11-2012, 10:49 PM
The great start to the season & the players attitude has inspired me to do all i can for the Famous Edinburgh Hibees - today i have ordered an East Terrace Stone with a replica at a cost of £100 with delivery - on tuesday i will get a ticket for the Scottish Cup against the wee team :greengrin and also purchase my half season ticket at £220 (i have been to all the home games paying cash so far) - and as always i will spend approx. £100 at the club shop on xmas pressies for friends n family!...this year for once it actually feels like an investment! :agree: GGTTH

Shining example mate - well done :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
14-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Plenty ways to support the cause at the moment.

Brilliant that Russell and his team have got half seasons out so early - starting on boxing day and with more than a half season of matches..great.

The Hibernians - sign up to a DD each month and support youth development....the next bright young things that will grace ER

Plenty Christmas gifts in the catalogue

And more to come

Devilstorment
14-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Same here mate Season Ticket bought in June. 1 top bought (and 1 free! great deal!!!), extra ticket bought for the Mrs to the ICT game. 2 extra tickets bought for the Hearts cup game. Hoodie from the club shop bought and today a scarf from the club shop bought.... by my reckoning by the end of the season i will have easily given Rod at least a grand.... When we do the double it will be worth it though!!!

monktonharp
15-11-2012, 12:59 AM
The great start to the season & the players attitude has inspired me to do all i can for the Famous Edinburgh Hibees - today i have ordered an East Terrace Stone with a replica at a cost of £100 with delivery - on tuesday i will get a ticket for the Scottish Cup against the wee team :greengrin and also purchase my half season ticket at £220 (i have been to all the home games paying cash so far) - and as always i will spend approx. £100 at the club shop on xmas pressies for friends n family!...this year for once it actually feels like an investment! :agree: GGTTH I started a thread smilar to this, last week. for some reason it dissapeared. wont stop me from spending most of my xmas pressie dosh at the Hibernian shop. hope I didnae upset any lurking jambos with my comments last week:rolleyes:I ken a guy that plays auld records, and got emptied fur that.

euansdad
15-11-2012, 04:45 AM
Aye will have to get a few things from the shop for Xmas. Half season ticket and turn it into a full one and then one for euan when he's a toddler

Bay Area Hibees
15-11-2012, 05:59 AM
That's great, nice one!

A couple days ago I answered Rod's call and bought a mid-size East Terrace stone and a replica plus I renewed my annal subscription to Hiberian TV. Re. the latter, honestly the site is brutal and I can get all the goals for free on other sites but wanted to show my support. I only get back from the US once per year and try to coincide with a game, it's amazing how much the team can mean even if I'm not going to games. All about one's roots I suppose.

Anyway, a massive congrat's to Pat Fenlon for re-building the team and to the fans that have stuck in there and to those that has started to come back. Got to think that an average of 11-12,000 should be a realistic target. Seem to remember we were getting that for some ER games when flying high in the First Division.

One observation about us Hibs fans though is that I think many of us (me included) are WAY to critical and keen to think of ourselves as experts. We've got on the back of some players un-necessarily and the've gone on to do well elsewhere. Being self-critical detracts from making ER a fortress. Thankfully James McPake seems to totally get it that this is partly the nature of football and the team needs to "win fans over" but that said think it would be great if we could just have an overtly more positive attitude (ala Norwich, Southampton etc in EPL).

GGTH

I felt compelled to show my support, I was a season ticket holder and then moved to the US with my job 7 years ag

PatHead
15-11-2012, 08:54 AM
I also noticed the thread about contributing to a Fighting Fund for the Manager. There are already iniatives providing funds ring fenced for the manager- season ticket and tiles.

There are other areas of the club which have funds earmarked such as youth development through the Hibernians scheme. For those of you who were saying you would be happy to contribute to the club that would be the perfect method. A direct debit from £10 per month. Link from Hibs website is below. Help create a new Golden Generation!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TheHiberniansMembers/0,,10290,00.html

matty_f
15-11-2012, 11:04 AM
There was a comment at the Let's Work Together meeting last night that if the Hibs support mobilsed in the same way as the Hearts fans have had to over the last week, it could give Pat Fenlon the means to take us to 'the next level'.

Come on folks, you know it makes sense!!
Dig deep!

lyonhibs
15-11-2012, 01:21 PM
There was a comment at the Let's Work Together meeting last night that if the Hibs support mobilsed in the same way as the Hearts fans have had to over the last week, it could give Pat Fenlon the means to take us to 'the next level'.

Come on folks, you know it makes sense!!
Dig deep!

I'd really rather not buy £110 of hocus pocus shares and cancel my bairn's Christmas thanks very much. I do bake a mean carrot cake though.................

The Hibs support as it is is quite nicely mobilised, and the longer this run of form/good performances continues, the more it will continue to do so. Organically, not jolted from its slumbers by the rectal insertion of the cattle prod of liquidation.

matty_f
15-11-2012, 06:57 PM
I'd really rather not buy £110 of hocus pocus shares and cancel my bairn's Christmas thanks very much. I do bake a mean carrot cake though.................

The Hibs support as it is is quite nicely mobilised, and the longer this run of form/good performances continues, the more it will continue to do so. Organically, not jolted from its slumbers by the rectal insertion of the cattle prod of liquidation.

you could spend that £110 on the East Terrace though, and the difference would be that your £110 would go to some use, as opposed to the Yams' pishing it down the drain.

Or take our £110 and pay it in tenner instalments to The Hibernians...

Getting a surge of income into the club from a position of strength could and should have a very positive impact. Sure it was Liverpool back in the day that said the time to strengthen was when you were successful.

SouthamptonHibs
15-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Hibs Tv, does anyone no what % of money actually goes to Hibs? Monthly payment £5pm = £60 per year.

Looking at other way's to contribute to the cause

Currently contirbuting
1. Club Member
2. Hibernians scheme (£250 per year)
3. One home top purchased (£40), should have been another £40 an away top but we sold out my size before season started
4. Hearts ticket for SC purchased
5. Been to a couple of games so far at ER this season

(Prob only do one or the other)
1. The East terracing stone
2. Half Season ticket

Hail Hail

euansdad
15-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Well get a terrace stone. Can't do the big four hundred pound jobby though!

FranckSuzy
15-11-2012, 08:02 PM

Have you just cleared the bank a/c by buying a new laptop? You're never off here! :greengrin

euansdad
15-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Nah nothing like that mate. Day off today with nothing to do. Mrs currently watching the soaps so I'm here through the mobile.

ronaldo7
15-11-2012, 08:11 PM
you could spend that £110 on the East Terrace though, and the difference would be that your £110 would go to some use, as opposed to the Yams' pishing it down the drain.

Or take our £110 and pay it in tenner instalments to The Hibernians...

Getting a surge of income into the club from a position of strength could and should have a very positive impact. Sure it was Liverpool back in the day that said the time to strengthen was when you were successful.

And look where it got them, they've only won two games out of 11 league matches:rolleyes:

Back on topic. A visit to the club shop for santa is needed.

HH81
15-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Have you just cleared the bank a/c by buying a new laptop? You're never off here! :greengrin

Always flirting I see, fs...

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

SouthamptonHibs
15-11-2012, 08:17 PM

Just had a look at the £400 stone, checked the price which includes a replica stone = £700 +pp! Too rich for me

At best the £100 stone for me!

The wifes wanting a new 3D 50" inch TV for xmas, wait till i tell her i got the big stone haha

Hail Hail