PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen away rescheduled

hibee92
14-11-2012, 10:19 AM
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2612025783/8ggy6hh0x6odyhqxfdpf_normal.pngPie and Bovril ‏@pieandbov (https://twitter.com/pieandbov)
#Aberdeen (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Aberdeen&src=hash) v #Hibernian (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hibernian&src=hash) scheduled for 26th Jan 3pm has been moved to Sunday 27th Jan 1230pm. Moved for SKY Sports. #SPL (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SPL&src=hash)

Hibercelona
14-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Madness :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
14-11-2012, 10:25 AM
GTF SKY

that is all

Golden Bear
14-11-2012, 10:26 AM
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2612025783/8ggy6hh0x6odyhqxfdpf_normal.pngPie and Bovril ‏@pieandbov (https://twitter.com/pieandbov)
#Aberdeen (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Aberdeen&src=hash) v #Hibernian (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Hibernian&src=hash) scheduled for 26th Jan 3pm has been moved to Sunday 27th Jan 1230pm. Moved for SKY Sports. #SPL (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SPL&src=hash)

The price of success I guess!

The longer we hang about at the top of the table then the greater TV coverage we'll receive.

givescotlandfreedom
14-11-2012, 10:29 AM
When did we last play there on a Saturday at 3pm? Must be a couple of seasons anyway.

Keith_M
14-11-2012, 10:33 AM
Given the current improvement in both team's fortunes, I'd have bet (if the game had been Sat 3pm) on a massively improved attendance over recent encounters. It's as if they did this kind of thing deliberately to spoil games :bitchy:

Cabbage East
14-11-2012, 10:37 AM
**** off SKY. Actively ruining the match day experience for supporters in Scotland while the clubs sit back and watch.

Keith_M
14-11-2012, 10:41 AM
You know, I actually can't remember the last time Hibs took a decent support to Aberdeen. Normally, our support is only in three figures up there, yet we can often take 1,500-2,000 to other away games.

Can anyone else think of the last time we had a really big support there? I'm sure we used to get more in the 80's, even though our teams then were mostly sh*t.

Hermit Crab
14-11-2012, 10:43 AM
What about Celtic at home? Has that been moved at all?

green&left
14-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Least with Setantas 2pm Sunday kick offs, or even Sky Sports' 1.30pm/4pm for EPL you get a chance to have a bit lunch, pint etc. 12.30 on a Sunday, is there public transport from Edinburgh that gets you in at that time?

A good away day/piss-up spoit once more. AMF!

TheEastTerrace
14-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Ridiculous - how do they expect fans to travel for 12.30 on a Sunday? And you wonder why people say there is empty seats during live SPL matches - this is why.

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Absolute joke, yet again......

Sunday 27th at 12.30 in Aberdeen, and the following Wednesday away in Dingwall.....Do the fans ever get considered, definitely not.....Football fans being shafted right, left and centre........:fuming:

cabbageandribs1875
14-11-2012, 11:43 AM
why the **** can the football authorities in this country not use simple common sense, it's staring them in the face the most sensible thing to do is have the likes of aberdeen/inverness/ross co play each other in any midweek games or early KO's, total ignorance of the very people that pay to keep they ****s in jobs in the first place ffs

hibee92
14-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Confirmed

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20121114/dons-away-date-changed_2262950_2980073

YehButNoBut
14-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Can't believe that the Celtic game on 29/12 will remain a 3pm ko on a Saturday that is also bound to change for tv.

yeezus.
14-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Great, another early start from Stranraer

HibeeN
14-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Can't believe that the Celtic game on 29/12 will remain a 3pm ko on a Saturday that is also bound to change for tv.

Leaving it late though! Considering they've already announced the Hearts game on the 3rd and now the Aberdeen game on the 27th, I'd have thought they'd know by now whether they are moving the Celtic game or not. I've been holding off picking up my extra ticket for it because I know if it gets moved to the Sunday I won't be able to make it. So it would be nice to know!

Hibee87
14-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Leaving it late though! Considering they've already announced the Hearts game on the 3rd and now the Aberdeen game on the 27th, I'd have thought they'd know by now whether they are moving the Celtic game or not. I've been holding off picking up my extra ticket for it because I know if it gets moved to the Sunday I won't be able to make it. So it would be nice to know!

I will be purchasing 2 tickets for that game regardless so if they do move it ............:greengrin

lbouncer
14-11-2012, 01:11 PM
just looked at trains to aberdeen on the 27th and it looks like the trains are only running to dundee and you have to get the bus from there :grr:

ZS DOOM
14-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Absolute joke. **** sky

Hermit Crab
14-11-2012, 03:02 PM
just looked at trains to aberdeen on the 27th and it looks like the trains are only running to dundee and you have to get the bus from there :grr:

Engineering works nearly always takes place in a Sunday.

The Sea-gull
14-11-2012, 03:20 PM
why the **** can the football authorities in this country not use simple common sense, it's staring them in the face the most sensible thing to do is have the likes of aberdeen/inverness/ross co play each other in any midweek games or early KO's, total ignorance of the very people that pay to keep they ****s in jobs in the first place ffs

Aberdeen is not that close to ICT and Ross County. Hellish roads and takes about 2 - 2.5 hours. Dingwall is closer to 3. You can just about do Edinburgh to Aberdeen in the same time.

SteveHFC
14-11-2012, 03:24 PM
****ing joke

The Sea-gull
14-11-2012, 03:25 PM

Yip, bound to be changed to either an early start on the Sat or sometime on the Sunday.

With it being holiday time it could be moved to any day really though.

Ross County game on Boxing Day (the Wednesday) should safe guard it from being any earlier than the Sat though and as things stand, Celtic down to play Motherwell on Wednesday 2nd Jan so looks like it will be either Sat 29th or Sun 30th. Who knows though.

Can't undertsnad why they are rescheduling games taking place after this one and not announcing anything about this one. You would think Hibs v Celtic would be a banker for TV at the best of times but with Hibs up near them at the top then even more so.

bongo'd
14-11-2012, 03:56 PM
You know, I actually can't remember the last time Hibs took a decent support to Aberdeen. Normally, our support is only in three figures up there, yet we can often take 1,500-2,000 to other away games.

Can anyone else think of the last time we had a really big support there? I'm sure we used to get more in the 80's, even though our teams then were mostly sh*t.

Seem to remember a midweek cup game up there where we won on penalties and there was a pretty decent crowd. Possibly around 1997ish. I do agree though that we never seem to take a healthy support to Aberdeen.

monktonharp
14-11-2012, 04:02 PM
just looked at trains to aberdeen on the 27th and it looks like the trains are only running to dundee and you have to get the bus from there :grr:unreal

marinello59
14-11-2012, 04:08 PM

It seems to be the norm on Sundays through January every year. It isn't so bad, you jump off the train at Dundee and the buses are waiting there for you to complete the trip to Aberdeen.

marinello59
14-11-2012, 04:11 PM

It's easier and quicker to get from Edinburgh to Aberdeen than it is to get from Aberdeen to Inverness. There are so many early kick offs now it would be impossible to restrict them to near neighbours. Some of the journeys faced by fans down South make ours look like a short hop though.

cabbageandribs1875
14-11-2012, 05:10 PM
It's easier and quicker to get from Edinburgh to Aberdeen than it is to get from Aberdeen to Inverness. There are so many early kick offs now it would be impossible to restrict them to near neighbours. Some of the journeys faced by fans down South make ours look like a short hop though.

Edinburgh to Aberdeen 126 miles 2hrs 50mins
Aberdeen to inverness 105 miles 2hrs 30mins

yer 20mins nearer :greengrin

Edinburgh to Dingwall 168miles 3hrs 45mins
Aberdeen to Dingwall 116 miles 2hrs 44mins

but i certainly wouldn't fancy the travel for a carlisle v plymouth game

Billy Whizz
14-11-2012, 05:11 PM
I'll be able to get and down in the daylight

YehButNoBut
14-11-2012, 05:22 PM

You can do Edin to Aberdeen in just over 2 hours, (remember & slow down for all the speed cameras) as it's dual carriageway all the way.

Aberdeen to Inverness is a nightmare of a road, single lane almost all the way and passes through several towns at least 2 hrs 30mins and that's on a good day. :greengrin

marinello59
14-11-2012, 05:23 PM

Twenty minutes nearer? In your TomTom's dreams.:greengrin Have you ever driven the Aberdeen to Inverness road? I have many times and I have also made a few trips between Aberdeen and Edinburgh. It's quicker, safer and much less stressful travelling between Aberdeen and the capital. (Can I add FACT?:greengrin)

R'Albin
14-11-2012, 05:30 PM
My games are on Saturdays so this is great news for me :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
14-11-2012, 05:31 PM
You can do Edin to Aberdeen in just over 2 hours, (remember & slow down for all the speed cameras) as it's dual carriageway all the way.

Aberdeen to Inverness is a nightmare of a road, single lane almost all the way and passes through several towns at least 2 hrs 30mins and that's on a good day. :greengrin

i had a funny feeling it would be a back road :greengrin

Twenty minutes nearer? In your TomTom's dreams.:greengrin Have you ever driven the Aberdeen to Inverness road? I have many times and I have also made a few trips between Aberdeen and Edinburgh. It's quicker, safer and much less stressful travelling between Aberdeen and the capital. (Can I add FACT?:greengrin)

AAautoroute :) surely it takes into account slowing down going through villages etc though ? i can only imagine the bits in bold are indeed FACT :agree:

marinello59
14-11-2012, 05:34 PM
i had a funny feeling it would be a back road :greengrin

AAautoroute :) surely it takes into account slowing down going through villages etc though ? i can only imagine the bits in bold are indeed FACT :agree:

I think the only way to settle this is with a Top Gear style challenge. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
14-11-2012, 05:42 PM
I think the only way to settle this is with a Top Gear style challenge. :greengrin

can we not just have a northern/southern league instead :)

Aberdeen
caley
Ross Co
peterhead
deveronvale
Thurso FC
Arbroath
Brechin
Montrose
Forres mechanics

:)