PDA

View Full Version : Greggs January Targets

Leighonel
13-11-2012, 05:13 PM
http://sportsnewsireland.com/soccer/soccer_irish/hibernian-set-to-sign-two-st-pats-shamrock-rovers-starlets1213/

Good to see we are looking at a winger. Need right sided defensive cover though.

YehButNoBut
13-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Looking at the article it seems we have a bit of competition from Sunderland & Ipswich, hopefully it does not come down to wages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pat Fenlon is plotting a double raid on the League of Ireland this January as he seeks to bolster his Hibernian side by taking two of the league’s most promising players.

The former Bohemians supremo is expected to launch a bid to take Chris Forrester from St Patrick’s Athletic and Ronan Finn from Shamrock Rovers, who both impressed this season and at 19 and 24 respectively are expected to have bright futures ahead of them. Both players remain under contract to their current clubs and will command a fee.

Hibs have enjoyed a great start to the Scottish Premier League this season and currently sit top, putting last year’s relegation dog fight and cup final heartbreak firmly behind them in the process.

A club employee revealed that the move for the duo is firmly in the pipeline, saying, “Pat obviously has great connections in Ireland and it is something the club have been working off. We have been examining numerous videos of players throughout the season and both Forrester and Finn excelled”.

Hibs will face a battle from Sunderland to net Forrester’s signature, with Martin O’Neill having watched the fledgling youngster in the Supersaints recent FAI cup final defeat to Derry City. It is also believed that new Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy may be considering a bid for the former Bohs ace, who he previously had on trial at Wolves.

However it is believed the Dubliner would favour a switch to Easter Road, where he would be re-united with Fenlon with the source adding, “Pat’s knowledge and past experience of working with Chris will be crucial in his final destination”.

JimBHibees
13-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Looking at the article it seems we have a bit of competition from Sunderland & Ipswich, hopefully it does not come down to wages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pat Fenlon is plotting a double raid on the League of Ireland this January as he seeks to bolster his Hibernian side by taking two of the league’s most promising players.

The former Bohemians supremo is expected to launch a bid to take Chris Forrester from St Patrick’s Athletic and Ronan Finn from Shamrock Rovers, who both impressed this season and at 19 and 24 respectively are expected to have bright futures ahead of them. Both players remain under contract to their current clubs and will command a fee.

Hibs have enjoyed a great start to the Scottish Premier League this season and currently sit top, putting last year’s relegation dog fight and cup final heartbreak firmly behind them in the process.

A club employee revealed that the move for the duo is firmly in the pipeline, saying, “Pat obviously has great connections in Ireland and it is something the club have been working off. We have been examining numerous videos of players throughout the season and both Forrester and Finn excelled”.

Hibs will face a battle from Sunderland to net Forrester’s signature, with Martin O’Neill having watched the fledgling youngster in the Supersaints recent FAI cup final defeat to Derry City. It is also believed that new Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy may be considering a bid for the former Bohs ace, who he previously had on trial at Wolves.

However it is believed the Dubliner would favour a switch to Easter Road, where he would be re-united with Fenlon with the source adding, “Pat’s knowledge and past experience of working with Chris will be crucial in his final destination”.

Sounds very promising. Would make some sense in that Hibs would be less of a jump from the Irish league than the other leagues mentioned. Hopefully PF can encourage a few more decent Irish players here as it is IMO a very good source of good players.

bounty
13-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Finn still has a year of his contract to run, so would require a fee.

Northernhibee
13-11-2012, 05:32 PM
I can reveal that in January that the jambos will be signing....

...on

:lolyam:

Wheat Hound
13-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Kenny Miller on loan from Jan to March.........

Franck Stanton
13-11-2012, 05:58 PM
And so it begins...... now we will be set to sign him, her, his cousin her aunty, Aaaaaaaa hate the transfer window set-up. To be honest would be happy enough just signing Griffiths, Claros and McGivern .

Thecat23
13-11-2012, 06:02 PM

Your maybe joking but he wants to play for us again. He'd Prob take that.

Hermit Crab
13-11-2012, 06:04 PM
We can't compete with Sunderland or Ipswich on wages, reckon these boys would rather go there for decent money??

hfc rd
And so it begins...... now we will be set to sign him, her, his cousin her aunty, Aaaaaaaa hate the transfer window set-up. To be honest would be happy enough just signing Griffiths, Claros and McGivern .

Agree. Those three have got to be our top priority. But if those two Irish players are good enough and will strengthen the team, then I fully back Pat to go and get them. But like you said, getting McGivern, Claros & Griffiths is majorly priority number 1.

Hermit Crab

He does??

erin-go-bragh87
13-11-2012, 06:05 PM

Has he said so?

hfc rd
13-11-2012, 06:07 PM

Where did you hear that he wants to come here?

scott7_0(Prague)
13-11-2012, 07:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ScLap9bSYU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHq68J89yD8

Heisenberg
13-11-2012, 07:55 PM

PETRIE!!! :deal:

HibeeSince85
13-11-2012, 08:00 PM

I just got told this not 5 mins ago, no sources at all(just a mate) so probably sheight but its one for the rumour mill.

SouthMoroccoStu
13-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Are we not meant to be looking at a young Partick Thistle winger?

Can't remember the name

Surely PC will put a good word in for us

truehibernian
13-11-2012, 08:05 PM

Can't remember the name

Yes we are - Chris Erskine

Billy Whizz
13-11-2012, 08:05 PM

Can't remember the name

I think he was called Chris Erskine

Greenblood70
13-11-2012, 08:06 PM

Looks a real player from the youtube clips, well balanced, composed, great touch. He'll do for me!! Get him signed Roderick.

ancient hibee
13-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I just got told this not 5 mins ago, no sources at all(just a mate) so probably sheight but its one for the rumour mill.

Your mate must read the same paper as me-Miller's not sure if he'd get a game now we're top of the league.

We should get Griffiths to sign a pre contract in December tieing him to us with the promise that he'll get a signing on fee in the region of the amount we would have to pay Wolves for his transfer.

euansdad
13-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Fenlon will have a good knowledge of Ireland, great market tap into for young players

D7 Bohs
13-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Forrester is one of those footballers who can make you feel privileged to have seen him.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Forrester is one of those footballers who can make you feel privileged to have seen him.

That's a great endorsement

frazeHFC
13-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Yes please! Not seen them but especially the younger one sounds very promosing!

superbam
13-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Forrester is quality, genuine natural talent.

He is a bit of a lightweight though, but a few months of the Eoin Doyle porridge diet and he could be a great player in the SPL.

both quality goals as posted above against the hoop **** here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynyxe6pnJ7c

zlatan
13-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Has he said so?

I remember reading an interview with him after he had gone to Turkey and he mentioned wanting to finish up at Hibs.

Jaz
13-11-2012, 10:32 PM
http://sportsnewsireland.com/soccer/soccer_irish/hibernian-set-to-sign-two-st-pats-shamrock-rovers-starlets1213/

Good to see we are looking at a winger. Need right sided defensive cover though.

Wouldn't mind seeing Gary Harkins of Kilmarnock at Hibs.

hibees 7062
13-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Will he come oan fir Murray

Leishy1995
13-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Keep Kenny Miller away, sign the loanees up, sign that winger and develop him.

VickMackie
13-11-2012, 11:24 PM
For the first time in years the January window hadn't crossed my mind in terms of new players. I'd just like to see us keep what we've got til the end of the season at least.

SMAXXA
14-11-2012, 08:29 AM
For the first time in years the January window hadn't crossed my mind in terms of new players. I'd just like to see us keep what we've got til the end of the season at least.

I hear ya, but I think this is the best time to be doing it strengthen when we are doing well. Also means we don't have another mass exodus come the summer and we need to get another dozen players.

Add little and often going forward should be the way ahead.

1875er
14-11-2012, 09:03 AM
I hear ya, but I think this is the best time to be doing it strengthen when we are doing well. Also means we don't have another mass exodus come the summer and we need to get another dozen players.

100% Spot on.....:agree::agree::agree::agree:

I think Paddys knowledge of the LoI market could be of a real benefit to the club in the future.

Paisley Hibby
14-11-2012, 10:39 AM

Agreed :agree:

BonnieFitbaTeam
14-11-2012, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=SMAXXA;3412996]I hear ya, but I think this is the best time to be doing it strengthen when we are doing well. Also means we don't have another mass exodus come the summer and we need to get another dozen players.

Exactly. Strengthen because we want to, not because we have to.

number9dream
14-11-2012, 12:01 PM
St Pat's fans talking about £1m for Forrester!

Griffiths, McGivern, Claros have to be top priorities for January, as well as a new contract for Wotherspoon.

A speedy winger would be nice since Sproule & Galbraith are on the way out.

Erskine at Thistle is something of a late developer, having come through the Ayrshire juniors. On song, he is an entertainer (left sided but not quick) and the improved fitness programme Jackie Mac junior has introuduced at Firhill has worked wonders for him.
Jags using Glasgow Uni sports scientists and nutritionists. The manager will be keeping an eye on Jaconelli's cafe on Maryhill Road to make sure none of his players are nipping in for the mega breakfasts or an ice cream with that toxic 'rasperberry' goo.
Ex-Motherwell guys Lawless & Forbes doing well for Jags, Sean Welsh suffering from a few injury problems again but well thought of by Thistle fans.

Pretty Boy
14-11-2012, 12:32 PM
A couple of the guys at Queen of the South could well be worth a look.

I was well impressed with a few of them when we played them and they are flying in the league.

Golden Bear
14-11-2012, 12:41 PM

I was well impressed with a few of them when we played them and they are flying in the league.

:agree:

If I remember correctly PF did say that he would be keeping an eye on a couple of their players.

The Tubs
14-11-2012, 12:43 PM

Carmichael, the winger who scored, was mentioned at the time.

Edinburgh Green
14-11-2012, 12:44 PM
He does??

Has he said so?

TBF anything Kenny Miller related, Thecat is your man :wink:

Leishy1995
14-11-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm sold already on that winger.

Thecat23
14-11-2012, 12:54 PM

Spoke to him Sunday.

Golden Bear
14-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Kuqi out and Kenny Miller in ---------------------- that would be a no brainer for me!

hibeequinn
14-11-2012, 01:01 PM
http://youtu.be/fABoox50irM

Dinkydoo
14-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Kuqi out and Kenny Miller in ---------------------- that would be a no brainer for me!

That would do for me. :agree:

Golden Bear
14-11-2012, 01:02 PM
http://youtu.be/fABoox50irM

A wonderful trick but I think the keeper must have arthritis in his knees.

:wink:

hibeequinn
14-11-2012, 01:06 PM
were we not intrested in that killian brennan

http://youtu.be/gHbSUwIt4Zw

VickMackie
14-11-2012, 01:07 PM

I agree.

I didn't fully get my point across. What I meant to say was that its great that I hadn't even considered new players when I'd normally be thinking about what we need in advance of previous windows (everything!). Trying to get a few tied down and adding a couple would be excellent.

Centre Hawf
14-11-2012, 01:20 PM
I think if we we're to some how get Kenny Miller on a short term loan it would be amazing. Experienced and still has the legs to run all day. I know we all get on his back regarding Scotland but surely he can do nothing but good if he was to join us?

truehibernian
14-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Spoke to him Sunday.

For a host of reasons I hope he gives it (and Hibs give it) serious thought mate - I'd love to see Kenny back and it would give the club a huge boost at an important time in the season. Experience in bucketloads, good finisher, tireless worker even now, great spokesperson as well - and great for young Danny, Ross and Jay Doyle to have on the training ground to bounce off.

Get back on the blower to him cat my man !

hibsmad
14-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Ok lets see we manage to keep a hold of Griffiths, Claros, and McGivern through a mixture of extended loans/contracts. Plus we manage to add one or two players who come in and hit the ground running and start contributing almost immediately.

I would say this scenario would be unlikely but certainly not impossible.

What do people therefore think we could go on to achieve this season if this did happen?

Personally, I think that if we were lucky with injuries and Celtic continue with the way they have been dropping points so far then we just could take our challenge at the top quite far if not right to the death.

lyonhibs
14-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I think if we we're to some how get Kenny Miller on a short term loan it would be amazing. Experienced and still has the legs to run all day. I know we all get on his back regarding Scotland but surely he can do nothing but good if he was to join us?

No, no he does not. Precisely the reason a lot of folk get on his back for Scotland. He's got 20-30 minutes a game of that all-action Kenny Miller who has been very effective in his career. Would still take him back though, as Kuqi seems to be a total non-entity. If he isn't fit by now, he never will be.

jacomo
14-11-2012, 01:56 PM

Given Kuqi's lack of impact, I'd release him and replace with Miller without hesitation.

Future17
14-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Forrester is quality, genuine natural talent.

He is a bit of a lightweight though, but a few months of the Eoin Doyle porridge diet and he could be a great player in the SPL.

both quality goals as posted above against the hoop **** here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ynyxe6pnJ7c

I don't have sound in work, but is that James Chambers in the video? If so, what is he like as a player as I've heard good things.

Leishy1995
14-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Given Kuqi's lack of impact, I'd release him and replace with Miller without hesitation.

I don't rate either of them. Miller might be better than Kuqi but I'd prefer we signed younger players. If the choice is Miller or Kuqi it's a no brainer though

Dibben
14-11-2012, 02:58 PM

:agree:

Thecat23
14-11-2012, 03:35 PM
For a host of reasons I hope he gives it (and Hibs give it) serious thought mate - I'd love to see Kenny back and it would give the club a huge boost at an important time in the season. Experience in bucketloads, good finisher, tireless worker even now, great spokesperson as well - and great for young Danny, Ross and Jay Doyle to have on the training ground to bounce off.

Get back on the blower to him cat my man !

Right mate I've just spoke to him. I know a few boys aren't keen but I think he'd bring what we need as in experience for the young lads and he could still score goals. He just said if he thought Hibs were interested he WOULD sign on in Jan. What's Pats contact number lol. Wonder if I'll get a cut of any deal?? ;)

SteveHFC
14-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Right mate I've just spoke to him. I know a few boys aren't keen but I think he'd bring what we need as in experience for the young lads and he could still score goals. He just said if he thought Hibs were interested he WOULD sign on in Jan. What's Pats contact number lol. Wonder if I'll get a cut of any deal?? ;)

E-mail Hibs :greengrin

Thecat23
14-11-2012, 03:44 PM
E-mail Hibs :greengrin

What's the email these days? I had one ages ago but not sure if it was the boards or someone else. I'm going to email see what happens!!

SteveHFC
14-11-2012, 03:47 PM
What's the email these days? I had one ages ago but not sure if it was the boards or someone else. I'm going to email see what happens!!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Directory

A long list of e-mails here :greengrin

HibeeN
14-11-2012, 03:49 PM
I have to admit I was really looking forward to seeing what Kuqi would bring to the side, but after Sunday I have my doubts. If we had the chance to bring in Miller for a couple of months then I think it would be an excellent move. Great experience and good role model for the younger players.

Thecat23
14-11-2012, 03:51 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Directory

A long list of e-mails here :greengrin

Cheers Steve, let you know if I hear back :D

SteveHFC
14-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Cheers Steve, let you know if I hear back :D

:aok:

hibsmad
14-11-2012, 03:54 PM
I thought the big guy was immense on Sunday!

Near the end when we were really hanging on he got the ball and it took him about three minutes to turn with it.

Really helped wind the clock down!

Thecat23
14-11-2012, 04:05 PM

Near the end when we were really hanging on he got the ball and it took him about three minutes to turn with it.

I'm in a really quiet hospital waiting room and I just burst out laughing reading this!! Never had so many dirty looks in my life. Cheers HM :D

Golden Bear
14-11-2012, 04:06 PM

I'm not quite sure who's doing the winding now!

hibsmad
14-11-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm in a really quiet hospital waiting room and I just burst out laughing reading this!! Never had so many dirty looks in my life. Cheers HM :D

No worries.

If you can broker Kenny Millers loan deal then we'll call it quits :wink:

YehButNoBut
14-11-2012, 05:30 PM

Brilliant, p*ssed myself laughing. :top marks

Big_Franck
14-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Would be great if we could get Kenny Miller in. At his age he isn't going to be the same player he was 4 or 5 years ago but I have no doubt he could still do a job in the SPL, and as some have already mentioned i'm sure he would be useful in bringing on the likes of Caldwell and Handling.

I would hope he has now made more than enough money to set him up for life and that he wouldn't be too difficult to deal with re wages.

Come home Kenny :agree:

Leishy1995
14-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Every page I am going to comment about how I love that winger until he signs.

Wotherspiniesta
14-11-2012, 07:05 PM
TBF anything Kenny Miller related, Thecat is your man :wink:

I'm sure thecat told us that Miller was signing for West Brom from Rangers a couple of seasons ago.:wink:

Thecat23
14-11-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm sure thecat told us that Miller was signing for West Brom from Rangers a couple of seasons ago.:wink:

Lol he was, 11th hour the deal feel through. If you know any footballers or agents the deal is never done till its done. He just couldn't turn down the cash in Turkey.

Talking of wages, Kenny is set for life and just wants to finish up were he started and feels he still can offer Hibs something if they want him.

truehibernian
14-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Lol he was, 11th hour the deal feel through. If you know any footballers or agents the deal is never done till its done. He just couldn't turn down the cash in Turkey.

Talking of wages, Kenny is set for life and just wants to finish up were he started and feels he still can offer Hibs something if they want him.

You just tell him there's a right good few Hibees would be absolutely thrilled to see him pull on the green n white again, me being one of them mate. Loads to offer still. Well done agent cat.....no spending your cut all in one go now eh ;-)

Top man.

Ozyhibby
14-11-2012, 07:29 PM

Let's get the deal done, would be a great signing.

hibsbollah
14-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Will we go back in for Paddy McCourt i wonder?

YehButNoBut
14-11-2012, 07:35 PM

Would love this to come off, I'm sure Kenny, who is only 32, would still do a good job in the SPL and would be a great signing for us, as long as we still held on to Leigh that is.

January will be an interesting month for us and will tell us a lot about our chances in maintaining a challenge at the top end of the league.

Wotherspiniesta
14-11-2012, 07:37 PM

:aok:

Would like to see Miller in a Hibs strip, think he'd still be an asset in the SPL :agree:

euansdad
14-11-2012, 07:44 PM
I'd like that. He isn't getting much of a run at Celtic so he would surely be keen on a move to a club like us

Thecat23
14-11-2012, 07:59 PM
You just tell him there's a right good few Hibees would be absolutely thrilled to see him pull on the green n white again, me being one of them mate. Loads to offer still. Well done agent cat.....no spending your cut all in one go now eh ;-)

Top man.

I've sent him the link to this thread with a message saying "looks like some folk want you back after all lol" will let yous know what he says :)

VickMackie
14-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Ok lets see we manage to keep a hold of Griffiths, Claros, and McGivern through a mixture of extended loans/contracts. Plus we manage to add one or two players who come in and hit the ground running and start contributing almost immediately.

I would say this scenario would be unlikely but certainly not impossible.

What do people therefore think we could go on to achieve this season if this did happen?

Personally, I think that if we were lucky with injuries and Celtic continue with the way they have been dropping points so far then we just could take our challenge at the top quite far if not right to the death.

It's unlikely Celtic will continue in the same manner with their greater squad depth.

I posted a thread recently and Celtic had te same amount of points this season as they did last season and look how that ended up. Hope I'm wrong.

I'd like to see anyone win the league over Celtic with the exception of the obvious.

VickMackie
14-11-2012, 08:04 PM
I've sent him the link to this thread with a message saying "looks like some folk want you back after all lol" will let yous know what he says :)

Dear Kenny,

I apologise for shouting at the TV during Scotland games when you've ****ed something up. Like the time against holland when we were winning one nil and you for the ball on the edge of the box and ran at the wrong angle taking you away from goal and narrowing the angle and lost the chance.

But I did go mental when you scored against Italy so that cancels it out.

See you soon!

3pm
14-11-2012, 08:05 PM
I'll be amazed if Miller signs.

And if he did, I'd be hoping for something a bit longer than 2 months.

SteveHFC
14-11-2012, 08:07 PM

Tell Kenny he is a legend :greengrin from me thanks

Craig_in_Prague
14-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Used to bevvy with Kenny when he was just breaking thru into Hibs team, top guy and would be delighted if he joined us ..even if its a couple of months only.

euansdad
14-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Worth a punt. Wouldnt mind seeing him back at Hibs

Northernhibee
14-11-2012, 08:21 PM

Dunno, I think he's perfectly happy presenting Take Me Out.

truehibernian
14-11-2012, 08:26 PM

Magic, well done mate and wherever he goes I wish him well - I just think he'd be brilliant for the young strikers we have. Young Danny reminds me of Kenny in so many ways - mannerism, attitude, style of play, temperament - Danny could be his wee padawan :-)

Kenny was one of the brightest talents I've witnessed at Easter Road for years and years - I was gutted when he left and I thought Hibs could have doubled their value of him - he had everything in my opinion. For all his detractors of late I tell you what, the boy hasn't half worked hard for what he's got - not many his age still playing with the energy and enthusiasm he has - that's why I think he'd be crucial to the new Hibs ethos under Pat.

hfc rd
14-11-2012, 08:27 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing him at Hibs. Think he is a good player but is just not getting a fair chance under that clown Lennon. But then again, would Celtic be interested in selling a player, who on his day can tear defences to shreds, to one of its title rivals? :)

Thecat23
14-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Magic, well done mate and wherever he goes I wish him well - I just think he'd be brilliant for the young strikers we have. Young Danny reminds me of Kenny in so many ways - mannerism, attitude, style of play, temperament - Danny could be his wee padawan :-)

Kenny was one of the brightest talents I've witnessed at Easter Road for years and years - I was gutted when he left and I thought Hibs could have doubled their value of him - he had everything in my opinion. For all his detractors of late I tell you what, the boy hasn't half worked hard for what he's got - not many his age still playing with the energy and enthusiasm he has - that's why I think he'd be crucial to the new Hibs ethos under Pat.

I know for a fact he will appreciate reading that. I was of the same mind as you. Thought we may have got more if he stayed on. But again the chance to join Rangers with the money he was getting was just to much to turn down. He has worked hard for everything he's got. He'll tell you himself he's no the beat finisher but at least he's kept the head and done well out a short career.

SMAXXA
14-11-2012, 09:24 PM
I know for a fact he will appreciate reading that. I was of the same mind as you. Thought we may have got more if he stayed on. But again the chance to join Rangers with the money he was getting was just to much to turn down. He has worked hard for everything he's got. He'll tell you himself he's no the beat finisher but at least he's kept the head and done well out a short career.

I think hes had quite a long career, seems to have been around forever :greengrin FWIW I would take him at Hibs in a heartbeat

HibeeBigFly
14-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Would love to see kenny miller in a hibs strip again!

green glory
14-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Would love to see kenny miller in a hibs strip again!

I agree, still plenty to offer at 32 and Paddy would have him fit as a fiddle.

**** me can't believe he was in the same team as Darren Jackson, seems years ago.

California-Hibs
14-11-2012, 09:37 PM

Agree with this COMPLETELY! I loved going along to Easter Road to watch Kenny Miller, he was a great player for us! Scored alot of important goals for us and some beauties too! I have NEVER understood the amount of criticism that some people dish out to Miller. As you say, the guy is a very hard working man and shows incredible energy and enthusiasm. Heck i've still witnessed him scoring some cracking goals in recent years with Scotland, Celtic, Rangers and Cardiff. People who don't rate Kenny Miller are off there heads IMO. Great player and as you say, would fit in perfectly in the way that Pat is developing us with his ethos.

I'd be DELIGHTED if we signed Miller, delighted!!

:agree::flag:

S.sct
14-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Think KM would be a great signing. He's always had a first class attitude and fitness does not seem to be a problem. Would do well in our current set up.

hfc rd
14-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Signing Miller & those two Irish lads plus contract extensions for the likes of Doyle & Wotherspoon and getting McGivern, Claros & Griffiths nailed down could potentially make us unstoppable this season.

Rod, you know what needs to be done!

Dinkydoo
14-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Miller became my favourite Hibs player for a short while when I was a child. We were losing 2 - 0 to Kilmarnock (I think) and brought Kenny on just before half time; we went in at the break level on 2 - 2. I don't remember much at all about this game aside from the fact that when we brought him on the game changed dramatically, with him getting a goal and an assist (I think). I also remember that I wasn't in my seat in the FF so it could have either been away from home/cup or prior to me having a ST.

He's not the same player now, obviously, but I have no doubts that he still has something to offer a club like ourselves.

Its funny the little snippets of things we remember as kids.

SMAXXA
14-11-2012, 10:02 PM
one thing I would say is I would hope Kenny would make it possible and not look for much of a wage if he did come, he's made his money and could come back to where it all began and pay back the club for giving him the platform to such an excellent career. Obviously it was his talent that got him there but we gave him the chance and he was idolised whilst he was at Hibs.

Is there still genuine good guys left in the game that can see past the coin? I hope so.

kentao
14-11-2012, 10:02 PM
The first player i was starstruck over. He was only 4 years older than me when i met him in the almond suite after he was just breaking into the team, He was down to earth and happy to chat away and enjoy a drink with the fans. The guys a true gent and still has the ability to put on a show in the SPL.

Hope to see you back at the Leith San Siro

All the best

Thecat23
14-11-2012, 10:16 PM
one thing I would say is I would hope Kenny would make it possible and not look for much of a wage if he did come, he's made his money and could come back to where it all began and pay back the club for giving him the platform to such an excellent career. Obviously it was his talent that got him there but we gave him the chance and he was idolised whilst he was at Hibs.

Is there still genuine good guys left in the game that can see past the coin? I hope so.

Believe me mate he's made his money, all he wants is to come back to where it began and like you just said repay the club for giving him the chance to make it.

After the Scottish cup final he called and said if "we" don't win it In my playing days with Hibs I'll win it when I'm manager". He honestly loves Hibs and I've never met a footballer who hates Hearts as much as him. He would be a great addition to Hibs on and off the park. I'm maybe biased as I always want to see him do well but I think what he's learned over the years would help the young lads. Even having Kenny as a sub and bringing him on with him and Leigh up front would be a CH nightmare.

SMAXXA
14-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Believe me mate he's made his money, all he wants is to come back to where it began and like you just said repay the club for giving him the chance to make it.

After the Scottish cup final he called and said if "we" don't win it In my playing days with Hibs I'll win it when I'm manager". He honestly loves Hibs and I've never met a footballer who hates Hearts as much as him. He would be a great addition to Hibs on and off the park. I'm maybe biased as I always want to see him do well but I think what he's learned over the years would help the young lads. Even having Kenny as a sub and bringing him on with him and Leigh up front would be a CH nightmare.

As I said mate I would love him to come back. If he is so serious and has such a big desire to come back surely he would approach Hibs at declare his interest and mave himself available?

Jonnyboy
14-11-2012, 10:45 PM
I was a huge admirer of young Kenny as he broke into the first team at ER and have followed his career with interest. Always hoped he'd do well (except at Ibrox :greengrin) and to be honest I reckon he's made a positive impact wherever he's gone.

Scored a fair few for Hibs but my favourite was his goal at the PBS in the Millennium Derby :thumbsup:

hibees 7062
14-11-2012, 10:46 PM
http://www.footballmemories.org.uk/images/14.jpg which one :greengrin

Thecat23
14-11-2012, 11:40 PM
As I said mate I would love him to come back. If he is so serious and has such a big desire to come back surely he would approach Hibs at declare his interest and mave himself available?

Not up to him mate, as he's with another club just now it would have to be Hibs who enquire about Kenny. His agent Dave may be able to sort something. I've left a message with him too so see what happens.

Devilstorment
14-11-2012, 11:58 PM
I think if we could get all our Loanees signed up, there is not many areas of the park that i think we really need to strengthen. Just look at adding a bit of depth to the team.

Saying that i would take Kenny Miller back. I can imagine Wolves will be having a rethink on Leigh if he keeps banging them away or Celtic will buy him to ruin his career (see exhibit A. Deeks)

HoboHarry
15-11-2012, 12:02 AM
For the life of me I have no idea why we would want Kenny Miller back here other than sentiment. We need up and coming players who we can sell on later a la Fletcher and O'Connor. Even if he took a cut in wages he would still be one of our highest, if not the highest earner. Young blood is what we need.

Diclonius
15-11-2012, 12:45 AM

Is he a boyhood Hibs fan?

lord bunberry
15-11-2012, 04:39 AM
For the life of me I have no idea why we would want Kenny Miller back here other than sentiment. We need up and coming players who we can sell on later a la Fletcher and O'Connor. Even if he took a cut in wages he would still be one of our highest, if not the highest earner. Young blood is what we need.

We might want him back as he is a decent player who would add something to our team we already have a few up and coming strikers at the club

PeterboroHibee
15-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Coming to Hibs would probably give the young guy the best chance of playing, but the lure of massive wages at those other clubs might tempt him.

First and foremost Id hope we can get the 3 loanees signed up (whether on an extension or permanently), then look at bringing in other players. I actually wouldnt mind Kenny Miller, I think hes rubbish at international level but Id be happy enough for him as back up in the SPL!

euansdad
15-11-2012, 07:04 AM

Think he was mate

Thecat23
15-11-2012, 07:50 AM

He actually never grew up supporting anyone as he said he always played on a sat and just enjoyed watching football. When he signed on at Hibs that's when he started to support us and when he left we would still go back to watch Hibs. Sadly the game against Hearts at ER was his last. The one where we won 2-0 and Cruiz scored after 36 seconds or something. When we left he was spat on and got dogs abuse and called called a Hun B*****d. His dad and bro are Rangers fans but Kenny defo isn't.

euansdad
15-11-2012, 08:13 AM
Shame that. Is it right he was forced out of Celtic and wanted to stay there? That's the impression I got. Celtic made a big mistake because he roasted them in a few old firm derbies after that

Thecat23
15-11-2012, 08:41 AM
Shame that. Is it right he was forced out of Celtic and wanted to stay there? That's the impression I got. Celtic made a big mistake because he roasted them in a few old firm derbies after that

He really enjoyed it there and yeah he was pretty much told he wasn't in their plans and to move on. A decision that still leaves a bad taste in his mouth to this day.

euansdad
15-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Well they paid for it! He scored quite a few against them when he went back rangers

blackpoolhibs
15-11-2012, 09:15 AM
I'd love him to return, he's still a very good player by SPL standards. He's had his critics when playing for Scotland, mainly due to the system we have played.

He's always given his all, he's always turned up when others have had mysterious injurys that miraculously have disappeared by the weekend.

Its not his fault successive managers have kept picking him for the national team, and being a proud Scot he has never refused the offer, even though a lot of us have wanted someone else picked.

Come back Kenny, i'd personally love to see it.:thumbsup:

SMAXXA
15-11-2012, 09:51 AM
Not up to him mate, as he's with another club just now it would have to be Hibs who enquire about Kenny. His agent Dave may be able to sort something. I've left a message with him too so see what happens.

I understand that mate but surly he would have to make the first move, I can't see hibs approaching his current team who probs pay 10 times his wages unless Kenny has approached hibs to say he wants to come and at minimal cost, or his agent whatever way.

Point still stands I think Kenny would have to make this happen and not necessarily hibs to instigate.

Thecat23
15-11-2012, 10:29 AM
What I mean mate is his club could take legal action as he's under contract with them. Unless he says he wants a loan deal maybe he could do it that way.

southfieldhibby
15-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Kenny was top of the pops when he broke thru, and took part ( and scored) in my favourite ever game, can mind the entire Roseburn sucking the ball into the net.One of my pals worked in a furniture shop where Kenny bought a few items from, he told me he was a genuinely nice lad with no airs or graces.I'd love to see him at ER...maybe doing his badges at the same time?

Cocaine&Caviar
15-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Ideal scenario for me would be:

Griffiths extended until summer, then sign up on a free
Claros extended until summer, then negotiate for a permanent
McGivern extended until summer, then sign up on a free

Sign the two Irish boys in January, with transfer fees
Kenny Miller 2 month loan in January

Then just one more CB brought in Jan

and we're set for a bright season, with Petrie not having to splash too much cash in terms of fees.

jodjam
15-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Seems a no brainer to me. If he wants to come for a short term deal and the finances allow then it's a perfect fit. Hibs results sometimes dip after a good start and this would help keep the feel good factor around ER. Allow for the current strikers to rotate, should LG stay in Jan, and then a push from March onwards with a fresher LG and ED.

J-C
15-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Looking at Miller's Wiki, can't believe he only played 45 times for Hibs, just shows how the memory banks play tricks, could've sworn he played more than that for us.

Showed yesterday that he'd cruise the SPL, at 32 may be done internationally but not at club level.

Thecat23
15-11-2012, 11:42 AM
I've just emailed the clubs board but got a system fail. So called them and the girl said try again but sent it to the club one and she will forward the email on. I've left contact details so if Hibs want to enquire about it they have all they need. I've done my part :greengrin

WestEndHibee
15-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Kenny Miller was my all time favourite when I was a kid after I saw him play in a friendly against Fort William. My dad went into Easter Road with a card before my 8th Birthday and asked if Kenny could sign it. He wrote quite a long message in it too. It was my prized possession for years. Would love to see him in bottle green. He gets criticism for his Scottish displays but imho that's nothing to do with him and all to do with the way the team is set out. Always gives 100%.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Seem to remember Big Mixu playing an important part in Kenny's development when he first broke into the first team, I had a ST in the enclosure in front of the old main stand and you could hear Mixu constantly giving him advice. Turned out to be a job well done!

Stevie Reid
15-11-2012, 12:14 PM

I would argue that when he broke into the Hibs first team he was a natural born goal scorer and great finisher, as exemplified by the type of goals that he scored (away at Dundee and Tynie, goals against the OF at ER to name but a few), but that got knocked out of him after he moved elsewhere and was played out of position (think Glenn Hoddle had him playing wing back at Wolves at one point) - but his adaptability has no doubt prolonged his career in international football and at the level he was playing league football at until recently (Kris Boyd and many others have learned that if you can't play up front on your own, you won't play in many really big games for Rangers or up front for Scotland).

Would love to see him back at Hibs but is he not on a lot of money at Vancouver? If he were to come on loan we would have to cover at least some of that, regardless of whether he has made his money or not.

ahibby
15-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Seem to remember Big Mixu playing an important part in Kenny's development when he first broke into the first team, I had a ST in the enclosure in front of the old main stand and you could hear Mixu constantly giving him advice. Turned out to be a job well done!

Now that you mention it I remember Mixu having that influence. Is my memory playing tricks or did Kenny make his debut when Tony Rougier was at Hibs? I'd like to see Kenny at Hibs again, too.

Thecat23
15-11-2012, 12:24 PM
I would argue that when he broke into the Hibs first team he was a natural born goal scorer and great finisher, as exemplified by the type of goals that he scored (away at Dundee and Tynie, goals against the OF at ER to name but a few), but that got knocked out of him after he moved elsewhere and was played out of position (think Glenn Hoddle had him playing wing back at Wolves at one point) - but his adaptability has no doubt prolonged his career in international football and at the level he was playing league football at until recently (Kris Boyd and many others have learned that if you can't play up front on your own, you won't play in many really big games for Rangers or up front for Scotland).

Would love to see him back at Hibs but is he not on a lot of money at Vancouver? If he were to come on loan we would have to cover at least some of that, regardless of whether he has made his money or not.

When he first broke through he had that rawness that a new players has. Where he fears nothing and will just shoot on sight. When he had time to think that's when i think he maybe missed most of his chances later in his career. Your correct about Hoddle playing him right back a few times. Kenny at the time couldn't believe it but now he thinks playing other positions has vastly improved his game and the reason i also think managers still pick him today. His awareness is great. (My opinion anyway) he works hard as well and by doing that i think that would free up space for say Leigh as Kenny can drag CH out of position. I think Leigh works the channels well and if we had both those guys up front even if it's only a couple of months the young lads could also benefit from it. That's obviously just my view anyway.

WhileTheChief..
15-11-2012, 12:26 PM

green glory
15-11-2012, 12:49 PM

EEN has Fenlon quoted as saying this is "absolute rubbish".

stokesmessiah
15-11-2012, 12:53 PM
EEN has Fenlon quoted as saying this is "absolute rubbish".

Meanwhile, Fenlon has described reports claiming he is set to make a move for two players – Chris Forrester of St Patrick’s Athletic (http://www.hibs.net/#), and Shamrock Rovers’ Ronan Finn – in the January transfer window, as “absolute rubbish”, the Hibs manager making clear his first priority is to extend the deals of loan stars Leigh Griffiths, Jorge Claros and Ryan McGivern.

Jonnyboy
15-11-2012, 09:52 PM

You need to think in bigger picture terms mate. A seasoned pro, proven goalscorer and a guy who lives his life the right way would be a major asset both on and off the park

euansdad
15-11-2012, 10:01 PM
Think fenlon is right. The January market is always cheap and it's right to extend the loan deals and consolidate what we have built

Thecat23
16-11-2012, 08:48 AM
You need to think in bigger picture terms mate. A seasoned pro, proven goalscorer and a guy who lives his life the right way would be a major asset both on and off the park

Exactly this!

Golden Bear
16-11-2012, 08:57 AM

Presumably that's why we signed an unfit but an up and coming 36 year old in Shefti Kuqi! :rolleyes:

A fit and still keen Kenny Miller would be an inspired signing so let's hope it can be done.

3pm
16-11-2012, 10:01 AM
I've just emailed the clubs board but got a system fail. So called them and the girl said try again but sent it to the club one and she will forward the email on. I've left contact details so if Hibs want to enquire about it they have all they need. I've done my part :greengrin

How long is he planning to stay in Canada?

Thecat23
16-11-2012, 10:19 AM
How long is he planning to stay in Canada?

He's not sure mate, just depends if he gets other options or if they want to keep him longer.

truehibernian
16-11-2012, 10:49 AM
At the 'business end' of the season a player like Kenny would (or will) be vital - Hibs this season have been fortunate that the creative players and those that score goals have been injury and suspension free - Cairney, Doyle and Leigh (and Dee) account for our goals and to an extent our points tally.

I'm always a champion of young players and whilst I am eager for Danny Handling and Alex Harris in particular to get a chance and progress, when we get to 10 games to go, Hibs hopefully being in the top 4 and pushing for 2nd/3rd, you need a player who, if we get a wee injury or two to the players mentioned, can step in without even thinking about it, play the pressure games, and provide the same level of workrate and commitment.

He still is an international player remember - and still scores goals at that level too. Absolute no brainer for me - get him in for the last 4 months and get a Euro place secured and a few really good wins under our belts against the teams we have struggled against the last wee while (top 6 teams).

JeMeSouviens
16-11-2012, 11:05 AM
At the 'business end' of the season a player like Kenny would (or will) be vital - Hibs this season have been fortunate that the creative players and those that score goals have been injury and suspension free - Cairney, Doyle and Leigh (and Dee) account for our goals and to an extent our points tally.

I'm always a champion of young players and whilst I am eager for Danny Handling and Alex Harris in particular to get a chance and progress, when we get to 10 games to go, Hibs hopefully being in the top 4 and pushing for 2nd/3rd, you need a player who, if we get a wee injury or two to the players mentioned, can step in without even thinking about it, play the pressure games, and provide the same level of workrate and commitment.

He still is an international player remember - and still scores goals at that level too. Absolute no brainer for me - get him in for the last 4 months and get a Euro place secured and a few really good wins under our belts against the teams we have struggled against the last wee while (top 6 teams).

Slight technical flaw - the MLS season starts again in March, so Jan and Feb is all we could get.

LancsHibs
16-11-2012, 11:06 AM

Agree 100%, would love to see KM in the green & white again! If whatever reason we are unable to secure the services of LG past January somebody of Kennys quality in front go goal would be a must.

JeMeSouviens
16-11-2012, 11:14 AM

Stevie Archibald without the strops. :wink:

Tha Cabbage Kid
16-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Ideal scenario for me would be:

Griffiths extended until summer, then sign up on a free
Claros extended until summer, then negotiate for a permanent
McGivern extended until summer, then sign up on a free

Sign the two Irish boys in January, with transfer fees
Kenny Miller 2 month loan in January

Then just one more CB brought in Jan

and we're set for a bright season, with Petrie not having to splash too much cash in terms of fees.

i think i read somewhere that paddy doesnt want the two young irish lads

Ritchie
16-11-2012, 11:53 AM
I've not felt so excited by a thread on Hibs.net in years!

get the Irish lads signed, the loans extended & miller in and the league is ours......................... :greengrin

Scooter
16-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Kenny Miller even for a few months would be a great signing not only can he still cut it in spl he would along with kuqi give priceless experience for the like off handling and Caldwell