PDA

View Full Version : Sundays subs

JimBHibees
13-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Personally thought that his changes second half were very good. While taking off LG took away some of our threat on the break the bringing on of Kuqi gave us a bit more defensive aerial cover which IMO helped. I also think Ivan for DW was a good move as his fresh legs brought more protection for Maybury against the dangerous MacKay-Steven.

Of course it is easy to say they were good moves after a win however personally thought they were very smart moves.

clerriehibs
13-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Scary at the time tho

staunchhibby
13-11-2012, 01:24 PM
Nice to see Sam Stanton getting on the pitch albeit for a short time

jw1410
13-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Ivan could do with more game time I think, and Kuqi is a beast, would love to see him coming on at half time if one of the strikers is having a mare.

JimBHibees
13-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Ivan could do with more game time I think, and Kuqi is a beast, would love to see him coming on at half time if one of the strikers is having a mare.

I think the fact we havent seen more of Kuqi is very much down to the form of both Doyle and Griffiths which is a great sign.

jw1410
13-11-2012, 02:31 PM
I think the fact we havent seen more of Kuqi is very much down to the form of both Doyle and Griffiths which is a great sign.

Definitely, they've both started the season very well, I'm just worried about injuries, our squad isn't that deep, and I'd rather we eased ourselves in with back up strikers rather than threw them in there when we have no other choice. Thats my problem with our rearguard at the moment, but best not complain too much since we're doing so well :D

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Personally thought that his changes second half were very good. While taking off LG took away some of our threat on the break the bringing on of Kuqi gave us a bit more defensive aerial cover which IMO helped. I also think Ivan for DW was a good move as his fresh legs brought more protection for Maybury against the dangerous MacKay-Steven.

Of course it is easy to say they were good moves after a win however personally thought they were very smart moves.

Really! I thought Kuqi was embarassing to watch and actually laughed out loud at him, runs (or tries to) like he is pulling a caravan.Still we won so Pat was right.

Saorsa
13-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Really! I thought Kuqi was embarassing to watch, runs (or tries to) like he is pulling a caravan.Still we won so Pat was right.I'm with you, thought he was poor (and I think that's being kind). He was a player at some point though, I think we'd have seen better by now had the reserve league still been in place.

LancashireHibby
13-11-2012, 03:16 PM
I can see where it will work with Kuqi (eventually). Worked his nads off, did a largely good job of keeping hold of the ball and winding the clock down. Tried a little too hard if anything which was why he gave away a couple of daft free kicks when losing possession etc.

Stevie Reid
13-11-2012, 03:29 PM

Completely agree, good subs (which I wasn't in agreement at the time they were made).

Re: Kuqi - still too many people keen to write him off (and the comedy episode when he turned 360 degree in about 10 minutes didn't help) but there was merit in bringing him on and his strength is there for all to see. Will be a threat/good cover at set pieces and even if he can only run between two CHs, he will still have value to us - still happy to have him.

JimBHibees
13-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Really! I thought Kuqi was embarassing to watch and actually laughed out loud at him, runs (or tries to) like he is pulling a caravan.Still we won so Pat was right.

He was brought on to provide better defensive cover in the air due to United's height advantage and he did ok in that regard. He isnt there for his speed he is there as a different option up front. He isnt getting game time because our other forwards are doing so well. I am sure he will contribute more in time. As it was he did an important job IMO to protect our lead on Sunday.

JimBHibees
13-11-2012, 03:43 PM
I can see where it will work with Kuqi (eventually). Worked his nads off, did a largely good job of keeping hold of the ball and winding the clock down. Tried a little too hard if anything which was why he gave away a couple of daft free kicks when losing possession etc.

Agree with that. Re. the bit in bold one of the free kicks the one near the benches was Thomson having a laugh IMO.

JimBHibees
13-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Completely agree, good subs (which I wasn't in agreement at the time they were made).

Re: Kuqi - still too many people keen to write him off (and the comedy episode when he turned 360 degree in about 10 minutes didn't help) but there was merit in bringing him on and his strength is there for all to see. Will be a threat/good cover at set pieces and even if he can only run between two CHs, he will still have value to us - still happy to have him.

Agree with that he will contribute in time probably against teams sitting in when we need a late goal.