PDA

View Full Version : Grand Slam of Darts

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-11-2012, 11:54 AM
Anderson sneaks through to the 2nd rnd after squeezing past O'Shea 5-4.

euansdad
13-11-2012, 09:33 PM
On the subject of Anderson, is it true he is a hibee? Can't see him going all the way I'm afraid

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-11-2012, 12:10 AM
I believe it is. Thornton through to the next round as well. Not sure what to expect from the Anderson v Lewis match now that Lewis can't qualify.

jodjam
14-11-2012, 04:31 AM
Some shirts he's been wearing this week. Had a look at the makers website. Dinny think I will be buying anything from them :)

euansdad
14-11-2012, 05:19 PM
I believe it is. Thornton through to the next round as well. Not sure what to expect from the Anderson v Lewis match now that Lewis can't qualify.

Lewis has a right attitude so hoping Anderson can beat him

Hiber-nation
14-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Anybody see Ted Hankey last night? Lost 5-0 to Van Gerwen. He averaged 59, was staggering about, couldn't keep tabs on his score, kept stopping to rub his eye. Claimed he had a chest infection - looked absolutely bladdered!

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Tremendous 147 (treble 19, double top and the bull) Checkout by Lewis in leg 7 as he beats Anderson 5-4.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Anybody see Ted Hankey last night? Lost 5-0 to Van Gerwen. He averaged 59, was staggering about, couldn't keep tabs on his score, kept stopping to rub his eye. Claimed he had a chest infection - looked absolutely bladdered!

Plays up to the crowd then gets humpty when they get on his back, the mans an erse, I was glad to see it!

euansdad
15-11-2012, 01:23 PM
He does come across as a petulant, boorish miserable sod

DaveF
15-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Start of 2nd round tonight

Dean Winstanley v Arron Monk - Winstanley to win that.
Mervyn King v Kevin Painter - Both lose if possible, but will back King.
Michael van Gerwen v Phil Taylor - MvG
Scott Waites v Robert Thornton - Thornton

DaveF
15-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Did anyone see Hankey \ MVG the other night? Hankey looked totally bladdered and was thumped 5-0.

Some people thought he'd even had a stroke but the official line is that he was ill with flu \ chest infection.

There are a couple of cracking pics and video's on this thread (http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?10225-Hankeys-Boat) over on a darts forum so you can make up your own mind

DaveF
15-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Winstanley beats Monk 10-5

sambajustice
15-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Van Gerwen is a right fat dutch prick!! Just dont like the guy at all! Looks a right ******

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-11-2012, 08:42 PM
MVG tucks Taylor away 10-5, get in there! :thumbsup:

DaveF
15-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Van Gerwen is a right fat dutch prick!! Just dont like the guy at all! Looks a right ******

I think he's lost weight recently :greengrin anyway, he's kicked Taylor's erse 10-5 with a 108 average.

He was absolutely brilliant.

Hibbie_Cameron
15-11-2012, 10:57 PM
I think he's lost weight recently :greengrin anyway, he's kicked Taylor's erse 10-5 with a 108 average.

He was absolutely brilliant.

Taylor obviously losing as he lost his rag near the end of the match.

He does not like people doing the things that he himself uses to his advantage

DaveF
16-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Taylor obviously losing as he lost his rag near the end of the match.

He does not like people doing the things that he himself uses to his advantage

Yep, that was great to see. He's been the best player by a mile for years but your time is up Phil so take defeat like a man or pack it in.

euansdad
16-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Taylor likes to act the gentleman but now he is losing it, his true colours emerge. Don't like the fella sorry

sambajustice
16-11-2012, 12:37 PM
People keep writing Taylor off but he keeps coming back, i'm not so sure this time though, I think the game is maybe up for him. I neither like him or dislike him to be honest!

He missed 3 bulls last night that would've probably put him in the driving seat but missed them all and Van Gerwen cleaned up.

MvG, Lewis, Anderson can all heavily outscore him, Anderson on his game is an incredible scorer. Thing is Taylor has been deadly on his finishing and if he's scoring well and finishing he's unstoppable, that may have gone now.

I dont think any of the top guys really fear him any more and MvG was just not intimidated by him at all in that match.

I think the reason I dont like MvG is his angry, agressive banter! The same with Mervyn King, I despise that clown!!!

On another note, Ted Hankey is absolute ledge!! He's comical although that farce the other night wasn't so funny!

DaveF
16-11-2012, 02:47 PM
People keep writing Taylor off but he keeps coming back, i'm not so sure this time though, I think the game is maybe up for him. I neither like him or dislike him to be honest!

He missed 3 bulls last night that would've probably put him in the driving seat but missed them all and Van Gerwen cleaned up.

MvG, Lewis, Anderson can all heavily outscore him, Anderson on his game is an incredible scorer. Thing is Taylor has been deadly on his finishing and if he's scoring well and finishing he's unstoppable, that may have gone now.

I dont think any of the top guys really fear him any more and MvG was just not intimidated by him at all in that match.

I think the reason I dont like MvG is his angry, agressive banter! The same with Mervyn King, I despise that clown!!!

On another note, Ted Hankey is absolute ledge!! He's comical although that farce the other night wasn't so funny!

You can add Kevin Painter to that merry band. His slow walk to retrieve his darts is a total pain and one reason I don't watch him.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Taylor likes to act the gentleman but now he is losing it, his true colours emerge. Don't like the fella sorry

I've been saying that for years, easy to be the good guy when you are winning all the time, theres nae arguing with what he has done for the game, but, he is a thoroughly dislikeable, patronising git. At least he cannae blame anybody for trying to get on the stage, although he doesnae mention that much right enough! ;-)

jodjam
16-11-2012, 05:32 PM
You can add Kevin Painter to that merry band. His slow walk to retrieve his darts is a total pain and one reason I don't watch him.

Same with me. Whenever painter is on I switch channels. Looks like he needs a good wash

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Anderson loses 10-9 to Hamilton, great game. I wish the stewards would stop Hamiltons Mrs from getting into the arena, I feel the need to gie her a good slap whenever her puss appears on the screen! Some fine checkouts and amazing scoring on the 19s made the slight difference in the Englishman's favour.

DaveF
16-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Anderson loses 10-9 to Hamilton, great game. I wish the stewards would stop Hamiltons Mrs from getting into the arena, I feel the need to gie her a good slap whenever her puss appears on the screen! Some fine checkouts and amazing scoring on the 19s made the slight difference in the Englishman's favour.

Top Darts. Hamilton just about held it together in that final leg but it was great to watch.

Hibbie_Cameron
16-11-2012, 11:41 PM

Hamiltons wife is annoying:agree::agree:

Gary seems to be getting better everytime i see him play. Seems to be getting back to his best, slowly but surely

jodjam
17-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Hamiltons wife is annoying:agree::agree:

Gary seems to be getting better everytime i see him play. Seems to be getting back to his best, slowly but surely

My partner is darts daft but Hamilton she just can't stand. She reckons the Hamiltons look more like brother and sister.

Think its gonna be MVG v Hamilton in final.

euansdad
17-11-2012, 10:04 AM
I live in stoke on Trent which seems to be the darts capital f the world. Phil Taylor, Adrian Lewis and Anthony Hamilton all hail from here. All ********s to. All of them have an attitude about them. At least Lewis and Hamilton are hinest in showing their attitude though. Taylor is the one that irritates me the most. Nice guy when everything has been going well and he has marched to titles but now his crown is slipping, the facade is to. Plus there was that incident in Scotland to

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-11-2012, 10:32 AM
I live in stoke on Trent which seems to be the darts capital f the world. Phil Taylor, Adrian Lewis and Anthony Hamilton all hail from here. All ********s to. All of them have an attitude about them. At least Lewis and Hamilton are hinest in showing their attitude though. Taylor is the one that irritates me the most. Nice guy when everything has been going well and he has marched to titles but now his crown is slipping, the facade is to. Plus there was that incident in Scotland to

I considered mentioning that "incident" in my Taylor post, I'll let you explain! ;-)

jodjam
18-11-2012, 11:11 AM
I considered mentioning that "incident" in my Taylor post, I'll let you explain! ;-)

To quote the acapelo Housemartins classic song. "Caravan of love" ;)

euansdad
18-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Groped two women in Dunfermline and thee reports at the time intimated he was a leech

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Did anyone see Hankey \ MVG the other night? Hankey looked totally bladdered and was thumped 5-0.

Some people thought he'd even had a stroke but the official line is that he was ill with flu \ chest infection.

There are a couple of cracking pics and video's on this thread (http://www.thedartsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?10225-Hankeys-Boat) over on a darts forum so you can make up your own mind

He had actually suffered a stroke.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Good to see Barney tuck Hamilton away.

RVB v MVG Final.

MVG scored his 3rd 170 checkout in two matches as he dismantled Winstanley this afternoon.

jodjam
18-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Good to see Barney tuck Hamilton away.

RVB v MVG Final.

MVG scored his 3rd 170 checkout in two matches as he dismantled Winstanley this afternoon.

Can't remember the last televised final not including an Englishman ?

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Fantastic final, RVB wins 16-14.

euansdad
18-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Should be a shot in the arm for him. Got to admit I thought he was a spent force

DaveF
19-11-2012, 08:32 AM
He had actually suffered a stroke.

I'd read that there were reports of a stroke on thedartsforum and see that it has now been confirmed. Does not say much for the PDC organisers who let him play in that condition as to the naked eye, he looked wrecked and if you had seen it live I'm pretty sure you would have been of the same opinion.

euansdad
19-11-2012, 09:02 AM
He was and I also watched it back. Plain to see all was not well