PDA

View Full Version : McGivern in the Irish Independent

Prawn Sandwich
13-11-2012, 07:25 AM
Some Hibs content about needing to be playing first team football. Read into that what you want?

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/mcgivern-boosted-by-portugal-performance-3291966.html

EuanH78
13-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Mcgivern was brilliant on Sunday and to be fair has been solid in every game I have seen him in. Enjoying his time here, is out of contract in the summer and wants (above all it seems) to be playing 1st team football :hmmm:

Would be an excellent signing if we could pull it off

offshorehibby
13-11-2012, 08:11 AM
The fact he's enjoying his football at ER and now getting a start for NI might convince him the his immediate future is at ER.

SMAXXA
13-11-2012, 08:18 AM
I agree, if ever there was a selling point to come to hibs on loan or full time look at him, mcpake, claros and now sparky getting international recognition where it could be argued, would they have done so if they didn't come here, I don't think they would.

IndieHibby
13-11-2012, 11:03 AM
I'll probably get shot down for this, but watching him on Sunday (and in every other game, tbf), I think he is our (joint) No.1 CB, at the moment.

Consistency and experience put him Joint with McPake, but very soon I reckon he will be No. 1 on his own.

As a full back, he is clearly our No. 1.

If we sign him on a permanent deal I will be delighted. I remain unconvinced we will manage it though.

If we get him to the end of the season I will be very pleased.

MAKE IT HAPPEN PETRIE!!!!! :grr:

jgl07
13-11-2012, 10:43 PM
There is a mention of Ryan McGiven and Hibs on the MCFC site:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2012/November/Loan-watch-13-November

down-the-slope
13-11-2012, 10:59 PM
I'll probably get shot down for this, but watching him on Sunday (and in every other game, tbf), I think he is our (joint) No.1 CB, at the moment.

Consistency and experience put him Joint with McPake, but very soon I reckon he will be No. 1 on his own.

As a full back, he is clearly our No. 1.

If we sign him on a permanent deal I will be delighted. I remain unconvinced we will manage it though.

If we get him to the end of the season I will be very pleased.

MAKE IT HAPPEN PETRIE!!!!! :grr:

The only shooting is putting him on par with James - JMcP has been very poor last 4/5 matches. Unless his injury clears up and form improves he is the one who is 3rd in pecking order for CH

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Got to agree with the previous post.

hibees 7062
14-11-2012, 07:47 AM
The only shooting is putting him on par with James - JMcP has been very poor last 4/5 matches. Unless his injury clears up and form improves he is the one who is 3rd in pecking order for CH

:agree: