PDA

View Full Version : Stadium announcer sacked / Club Statement, Post 195 (merged)

Pages : 1 [2]

hibee_nation
14-11-2012, 12:06 AM
[QUOTE=Hibbyradge;3412905]If I employ you and give you a perfectly simple and legal instruction, but you deliberately disobeyed it because you think you're being funny, what chance do you think you'd have of getting more work?

I'm not arguing that Hibs have done anything wrong re employment laws etc. He was at fault for breaking Hibs strict instructions not to upset Hearts by playing any song likely to do so and recieved his jotters like he probably knew was going to happen to him.
I on the other hand wish my club had said to the announcer hope you have got some good songs lined up to rib our neighbours.

HibeeMG
14-11-2012, 12:07 AM
If I employ you and give you a perfectly simple and legal instruction, but you deliberately disobey it because you think you're being funny, what chance do you think you'd have of getting more work?

I think the point being made there was that Hibs shouldn't be making any demands of the DJ in the first place. Not the rights or wrongs about the 'sacking' (he actually wasn't sacked but hey ho).

For me, the worst thing to come out of this isn't that some part-time DJ will have to do an extra kids birthday party per week but that Hibs put the sensitivities of other clubs before the matchday experiences of their own fans.

As has been said, the DJ should have been allowed free reign from the moment he stepped into his announcing booth to play any and all songs ripping into our near rivals.

hibee_nation
14-11-2012, 12:11 AM
If I employ you and give you a perfectly simple and legal instruction, but you deliberately disobeyed ignore it because you think you're being funny, what chance do you think you'd have of getting more work?

Thats twice you have told me that. :greengrin

Pete
14-11-2012, 12:14 AM
If I employ you and give you a perfectly simple and legal instruction, but you deliberately disobeyed ignore it because you think you're being funny, what chance do you think you'd have of getting more work?

I'd employ him. I'd also tell him he's lucky to be out of there!

Hibbyradge
14-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Thats twice you have told me that. :greengrin

That's smart phones for you!

You may think the dj should have had free reign, I don't, but that isn't the point.

Hibs employed the guy to behave in certain way and he deliberately disobeyed them.

The_Sauz
14-11-2012, 01:08 AM
So according to some Hibs fans on here, the club were way out of line by getting rid of someone who clearly broke the clubs rules :rolleyes: While we are at, why don't we just let the players go out on town and get p****d every other night, I mean they are only human after all, and who cares about all the bad press it brings and how bad it looks on the profile of the club :brickwall

For years the club have been ridiculed by the media and by our own fans for the LACK of discipline shown by the manager/board about players when they go out on the town and make not just fool of themselves, but also the club and it's supporters! So guy's what is going to be....rules for all or no rules at all! For me, the clubs did what it was forced to do in regards to the DJ. For all we know, the club might have just gave the guy a slap on the wrist, but when it became a public ( I heard it was also a written)complaint by an official Hearts Supporters representative, the club then had no option on the action they took. Hearts fans & players might think it was harsh, but they are the ones that caused this to get out of hand.....not the Hibs board!

The slagging and the banter should be left for the supporters, and leave the players & club officials to act like professionals......that what they get paid for!

Dinkydoo
14-11-2012, 06:04 AM
So according to some Hibs fans on here, the club were way out of line by getting rid of someone who clearly broke the clubs rules :rolleyes: While we are at, why don't we just let the players go out on town and get p****d every other night, I mean they are only human after all, and who cares about all the bad press it brings and how bad it looks on the profile of the club :brickwall

For years the club have been ridiculed by the media and by our own fans for the LACK of discipline shown by the manager/board about players when they go out on the town and make not just fool of themselves, but also the club and it's supporters!

Very different situations IMO.

How much bad press does a club get when their playing staff are seen wasted up the town every week, getting into bother?

A lot - it drags our name and reputation for professionalism through the mud.

How much bad press has the club created for itself by setting these rules and subsequently sacking the DJ for not adhering to them?

Quite a lot - we have Facebook petitions and it is all over the Scottish news. A bad PR move.

How much bad press has the DJ actually generated for Hibs by playing part of a song to annoy the yams and have a little banter?

Had he not been sacked; probably none.

I don't disagree with the guys sacking for breaching instructions set out in his contract governing the way he behaves whilst employed by ourselves. However, it's quite sad that we had even asked him (presumably) to not play anything that would be seen as making fun of the Hearts situation. Why not? What possible harm could it do?

hibsbollah
14-11-2012, 06:11 AM
If you ask me I think the club know exactly how important it is for us to win this derby and don't want to get involved in anything that will give them any more motivation.

Excellent point:agree:

Peevemor
14-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Excellent point:agree:

Also, I doubt Hibs want to raise tensions in the town - we don't need any more players getting their jaw broken in the street.

hibsbollah
14-11-2012, 07:11 AM
Did the Hun sack Gascoigne for his flute blowing effort and the possible fall out from it?

Following Rangers' example isnt the best idea as a rule. Lets face it, their stadium announcer in the same position would probably have played 'Refugee' by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers followed by a nice ballad by Skrewdriver.

CropleyWasGod
14-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Very different situations IMO.

How much bad press does a club get when their playing staff are seen wasted up the town every week, getting into bother?

A lot - it drags our name and reputation for professionalism through the mud.

How much bad press has the club created for itself by setting these rules and subsequently sacking the DJ for not adhering to them?

Quite a lot - we have Facebook petitions and it is all over the Scottish news. A bad PR move.

How much bad press has the DJ actually generated for Hibs by playing part of a song to annoy the yams and have a little banter?

Had he not been sacked; probably none.

I don't disagree with the guys sacking for breaching instructions set out in his contract governing the way he behaves whilst employed by ourselves. However, it's quite sad that we had even asked him (presumably) to not play anything that would be seen as making fun of the Hearts situation. Why not? What possible harm could it do?

Did we, though? I haven't seen a list of the requirements, and I doubt many on here have either.

However, (as it was a game shown live on TV, as the statement said), I am sure that one of the requirements was "don't play anything with any profanity in it". He failed to comply with that.

ZS DOOM
14-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Also, I doubt Hibs want to raise tensions in the town - we don't need any more players getting their jaw broken in the street.

Aye. Because that's going to happen due to our stadium announcer playing a beatles track. Half the folk in the stadium probably didn't even hear it let alone recognise it. Ffs

CropleyWasGod
14-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Aye. Because that's going to happen due to our stadium announcer playing a beetles track. Half the folk in the stadium probably didn't even hear it let alone recognise it. Ffs

Go to your room. :rolleyes:

ZS DOOM
14-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Go to your room. :rolleyes:

Phone autocorrect mate

CropleyWasGod
14-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Phone autocorrect mate

Send the phone to your room :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
14-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Don't automatically obey Presidential directives if you disagree or if you suspect he hasn't considered key aspects of the issue. - Donald Rumsfeld

Well it was Bush we're talking about ;)

I think the club will draw a line under this and focus on the next instalment of "Us Versus Them" ;)

Hibbyradge
14-11-2012, 08:47 AM
I support Hibs before any rogue announcer and if the board want to show they have a sense of humour and enjoy a bit of banter, maybe they should allow the next guy to play this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AlH2oYedfk

If you don't like the rules, leave the job, but don't deliberately break the rules and expect to stay.

ZS DOOM
14-11-2012, 09:20 AM
I support Hibs before any rogue announcer and if the board want to show they have a sense of humour and enjoy a bit of banter, maybe they should allow the next guy to play this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AlH2oYedfk

If you don't like the rules, leave the job, but don't deliberately break the rules and expect to stay.

So one breach of contract Means instant dismissal? does it ****! You'd be raging if your work fired you for doing something wrong

Unless this guy had form then it should have been a warning. And the club statement never said anything about previous incidents, it would have if there was

CropleyWasGod
14-11-2012, 09:22 AM
So one breach of contract Means instant dismissal? does it ****! You'd be raging if your work fired you for doing something wrong

Unless this guy had form then it should have been a warning. And the club statement never said anything about previous incidents, it would have if there was

You're missing the point.

He was not employed by the club. The club hired his services. The club called the shots. He didn't deliver. His services were dispensed with.

Employment Law has nothing to do with this.

ZS DOOM
14-11-2012, 09:40 AM
You're missing the point.

He was not employed by the club. The club hired his services. The club called the shots. He didn't deliver. His services were dispensed with.

Employment Law has nothing to do with this.

Maybe so, but that implies the club binned him because they have got no humour. One song played to poke fun at your rivals should not mean dismissal. He didn't vocally take the pass out of them like the guy at tynie does to us or anything near as bad.

There is no argument which puts the club in a good light here. It really shows how poorly they acted when the jambos agree with us

Hibbyradge
14-11-2012, 09:41 AM

He wasn't an employee. We didn't sack him, we just don't want to hire him again because he can't be trusted to do as he is asked.

I work freelance. When I get a contract, I sign to accept the Contractor's rules. If I breach them, I will lose the remainder of my contract and they will not employ me again. No warning. No second chance.

If my contract was to for example, announce things and play music, and my contract required me to adhere to specific instructions, I would do so. If I didn't, I wouldn't expect another contract.

Regarding your other point, there are many instances where people are justifiably dismissed for one breach of rules.

e.g. how many times should someone be allowed to swear at a customer in Tesco before being dismissed?

Gross misconduct is determined by the employer, not the employee.

CropleyWasGod
14-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Maybe so, but that implies the club binned him because they have got no humour. One song played to poke fun at your rivals should not mean dismissal. He didn't vocally take the pass out of them like the guy at tynie does to us or anything near as bad.

There is no argument which puts the club in a good light here. It really shows how poorly they acted when the jambos agree with us

It implies that the contractor and the contractee had an agreement in place, which the contractee chose to ignore.

How about the argument that says that he was dismissed because he played a song with the F word in it, before a game that was being shown live? That seems to have been glossed over, in favour of the opportunity to have a go at Hibs.

Hibbyradge
14-11-2012, 09:46 AM

Of course the Jambos are criticising us. They attack everything our club does, but on this occasion, it particularly suits them to do so because it justifies their utterly unprofessional behaviour when they play us. Just wait to see what happens in January, if we get there.

We're above that, they hate that fact, and I don't want us to sink to their level. I very much doubt that Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger would allow their announcers to wind up the opposition for the sake of a cheap laugh.

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Still cant understand why the playing of the song against Dundee Utd, is enough to get rid of DJ....Are we as a Club being too nice, that we can't have a laugh at our neighbour's expense?

Hibbyradge
14-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Still cant understand why the playing of the song against Dundee Utd, is enough to get rid of DJ....Are we as a Club being too nice, that we can't have a laugh at our neighbour's expense?

They are two different issues, Steve.

The DJ will not be employed again because he deliberately disobeyed simple, agreed instructions.

Whether a professional football club should be publicly enjoying the imminent liquidation of a rival, is a separate question.

I like the fact that Hibs official position is to retain dignity and resist the temptation to mock our less fortunate neighbours for the sake of a cheap laugh. Hearts are not worth lowering our standards for and I think that really, really annoys them, hence the criticism we're now getting from that direction.

The fact that they allow their officials to mock us tells me 2 things. 1. We're way too important to them and 2. They have no idea as to how to conduct themselves. Can you ever imagine RP or the CEO of any other football club, sticking his fingers down their throats at opposition supporters, a la Romanov?

I know others have different opinions, but for me, Club Officials and employees are right to refrain from these childish antics.

We, the fans, however, will continue to give them it tight at every opportunity.

So, our club looks classy and their fans still GIRUY.

Win/win.

lord bunberry
14-11-2012, 11:12 AM

Stop it

Dinkydoo
14-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Did we, though? I haven't seen a list of the requirements, and I doubt many on here have either.

However, (as it was a game shown live on TV, as the statement said), I am sure that one of the requirements was "don't play anything with any profanity in it". He failed to comply with that.

It is heavily implied in this part of the club statement:

Before our recent home match against Dundee United discussions took place and specific instructions were given. The individual concerned has admitted that he deliberately breached the terms of the instructions the Club had given. The Club was left with no option but to take the course of action it did"

One of the requirements probably was "Don't play anything with profantiy in it." however, the extract above states that the DJ has admitted deliberately breaching the terms of the instructions given by the club. I think it's fair to assume that he/she didn't purposefully play a song with swear words in it.

CropleyWasGod
14-11-2012, 11:50 AM
It is heavily implied in this part of the club statement:

One of the requirements probably was "Don't play anything with profantiy in it." however, the extract above states that the DJ has admitted deliberately breaching the terms of the instructions given by the club. I think it's fair to assume that he/she didn't purposefully play a song with swear words in it.

So whose fault was it that the Green Day song was played?

Dinkydoo
14-11-2012, 12:03 PM
So whose fault was it that the Green Day song was played?

His, of course.

Do you think he "deliberately" played the song knowing it had uncensored swear words in it?

Clutching at straws a little.

CropleyWasGod
14-11-2012, 12:07 PM
His, of course.

Do you think he "deliberately" played the song knowing it had uncensored swear words in it?

Clutching at straws a little.

I have no idea whether he did that.

In the same way, none of us "know" the full story... which is the point I am making. The story has grown of itself out of an assumption... partly because of Hibs' reticent PR policy.... and I am not going to criticise anyone on the basis of an assumption.

I know that there is no direct quote here, but add this to the pot of assumption and conjecture. From today's EEN:-

It is also understood he previously received a dressing-down from club chiefs after playing an unedited version of the Green Day track “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” during an underage game at the stadium.

clerriehibs
14-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Seems to me that we're hertz bitches so far as management are concerned.

JimBHibees
14-11-2012, 12:17 PM

The DJ will not be employed again because he deliberately disobeyed simple, agreed instructions.

Whether a professional football club should be publicly enjoying the imminent liquidation of a rival, is a separate question.

I like the fact that Hibs official position is to retain dignity and resist the temptation to mock our less fortunate neighbours for the sake of a cheap laugh. Hearts are not worth lowering our standards for and I think that really, really annoys them, hence the criticism we're now getting from that direction.

The fact that they allow their officials to mock us tells me 2 things. 1. We're way too important to them and 2. They have no idea as to how to conduct themselves. Can you ever imagine RP or the CEO of any other football club, sticking his fingers down their throats at opposition supporters, a la Romanov?

I know others have different opinions, but for me, Club Officials and employees are right to refrain from these childish antics.

We, the fans, however, will continue to give them it tight at every opportunity.

Win/win.

Agree with that. Move on and horse them in the cup tie.

Baldy Foghorn
14-11-2012, 12:31 PM

Win/win.

Put it the way you have Dave, it is hard to disagree....

Hibs, Class from 1875.....:agree:

clerriehibs
14-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Agree with that. Move on and horse them in the cup tie.

And if we don't horse them? How about this scenario - we're already doing our bit, what if they take us to the pbs? Another full house that the mad one keeps all the money for. Maybe they beat us there - what an incentive that is for them to kick on.
And all from playing a team they can't afford.

We should object about their playing players they can' t pay. I'm fed up being a hertz bitch.

JimBHibees
14-11-2012, 01:50 PM
And if we don't horse them? How about this scenario - we're already doing our bit, what if they take us to the pbs? Another full house that the mad one keeps all the money for. Maybe they beat us there - what an incentive that is for them to kick on.
And all from playing a team they can't afford.

We should object about their playing players they can' t pay. I'm fed up being a hertz bitch.

If we dont horse them we are out the cup. :greengrin

CraigHibee
14-11-2012, 02:12 PM

In the same way, none of us "know" the full story... which is the point I am making. The story has grown of itself out of an assumption... partly because of Hibs' reticent PR policy.... and I am not going to criticise anyone on the basis of an assumption.

I know that there is no direct quote here, but add this to the pot of assumption and conjecture. From today's EEN:-

It is also understood he previously received a dressing-down from club chiefs after playing an unedited version of the Green Day track “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” during an underage game at the stadium.

if he was emptied for the greenday song then fair enough, if what the EN says is true then he hadn't taken on board the warning!

If hibs have said he was emptied due to the tax man song then whoever emptied him needs to get a sense of humour! it's hardly going to create another world war

Tattie
14-11-2012, 02:44 PM
This thread needs closed. The guy has been sacked for not obeying instructions, whether these instructions were too strict is another question but Hibs as a club have set the bar on that and we can't do anything about it. End of discussion IMO.

Sir David Gray
14-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Read this yesterday and really couldn't believe it to be honest.

I understand the statement Hibs have put out yesterday, stating that they had agreed a set of rules and guidelines with people who work on behalf of the club, such as the stadium announcer, but I honestly think this is too much.

It's a laugh at the expense of our rivals, it's not offensive or out of order and it's not hurt anyone.

If the guy's signed up to, and agreed with, a set list of guidelines then he's foolish to have deliberately disobeyed those but, really, the hierarchy at Hibs have had a huge sense of humour bypass here.

IMO, of course.

Lucius Apuleius
14-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Bottom line is that if I have a contractor working for me and he blatantly goes against what I deem to be the company policy and ethics his company would be informed that he was no longer welcome to work for me.

Yep it was a laugh, cannot disagree but he went against Management orders. Bum, Windae, Oot.

Mac
14-11-2012, 03:51 PM
I am guessing what made it worse was it was live on TV, he has been given a script as a contractor, he has disregarded his direct instruction and therefor there is no alternative, if you are told to do something by your boss and you dont do it you will lose your job, same thing.

Spike Mandela
14-11-2012, 03:58 PM
When will somebody at Hibs grasp the nettle(mettle) and feed in to the collective mentality of Hibs supporters, the siege mentality the 'noone likes us we don't care attitude' that other clubs use to give us the edge that we are lacking.

These grey suit hiding behind a snooty corporate etiquette and supposed professional standards have turned us in to doormats and losers.

Time for a bit of fire in our belly Hibs FFS.

marinello59
14-11-2012, 04:00 PM
When will somebody at Hibs grasp the nettle(mettle) and feed in to the collective mentality of Hibs supporters, the siege mentality the 'noone likes us we don't care attitude' that other clubs use to give us the edge that we are lacking.

These grey suit hiding behind a snooty corporate etiquette and supposed professional standards have turned us in to doormats and losers. Time for a bit of fire in our belly Hibs FFS.

Speak for yourself Spikey.

Spike Mandela
14-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Speak for yourself Spikey.

I am, but imo that is our clubs image with other fans Marinello and I can't say I blame them.

marinello59
14-11-2012, 04:15 PM
I am, but imo that is our clubs image with other fans Marinello and I can't say I blame them.

Do other fans think that? I doubt it. Meanwhile across in Gorgie they continue to define 'doormats and losers.'

Hibbyradge
14-11-2012, 04:17 PM

These grey suit hiding behind a snooty corporate etiquette and supposed professional standards have turned us in to doormats and losers.

Well, you may have turned into a doormat and a loser, but I haven't and neither, clearly, has the team. They're top of the league.

How does allowing a contractor to ignore the club's instructions create a siege mentality?

Spike Mandela
14-11-2012, 04:23 PM
Do other fans think that? I doubt it. Meanwhile across in Gorgie they continue to define 'doormats and losers.'

They didn't look much like doormats and losers in May Marinello. I thought that day was supposed to be a watershed for us? Pat Fenlon talking in supporters meetings about Hibs not being a pushover any more.

Why couldn't Hibs have done absolutely nothing about the stadium announcer? If any Heart fan or media do gooder levelled any criticism at us we could have said something cute like the announcer was a Beatles fan or something. Why can't we have fun and enjoy taking the moral high ground at our rival's expense. To my mind this would bond us all together.

marinello59
14-11-2012, 04:30 PM
They didn't look much like doormats and losers in May Marinello. I thought that day was supposed to be a watershed for us? Pat Fenlon talking in supporters meetings about Hibs not being a pushover any more.

Why couldn't Hibs have done absolutely nothing about the stadium announcer? If any Heart fan or media do gooder levelled any criticism at us we could have said something cute like the announcer was a Beatles fan or something. Why can't we have fun and enjoy taking the moral high ground at our rival's expense. To my mind this would bond us all together.

How do they look now? May happened for a myriad of reasons, we have discussed them to death on here. It's gone though.
Do you think this seasons team looks like a bunch of pushovers? Do you think this years support has been notable for being populated by doormats and losers? If you want to keep picking over the scabs and wallowing in self hatred go right ahead but for the majority of us it's pretty good being a Hibby just now.

greenlex
14-11-2012, 04:31 PM

Because he deliberately did what he was asked not to do. The hoo ha came when everyone (me included) and particularly the media assumed someone had complained before he was booted. Surely letting anyone connected with the club do exactly as they please whether it goes aganist the clubs ethos is not what you want. Its a minor thing but the thin edge of the wedge. I just hope the club are just as "ruthlesss" when others, and in particular employees bring the clubs ethos into disrepute. (I hope new contracts have this written in).

Hibbyradge
14-11-2012, 04:48 PM

I realise that it's unlikely that we'll ever agree on all this, but don't you think there's a certain irony in worrying about other clubs having a go at us for the way we deal with our affairs, whilst at the same time calling for a "no-one likes us, we don't care" attitude from the club?

Spike Mandela
14-11-2012, 04:53 PM
I realise that it's unlikely that we'll ever agree on all this, but don't you think there's a certain irony in worrying about other clubs having a go at us for the way we deal with our affairs, whilst at the same time calling for a "no-one likes us, we don't care" attitude from the club?

I wish clubs were having a go at us but they're not, they are laughing at us and our prudent little ways whilst they continue to rip the pish.

However I do accept that we will have to agree to disagree on this one Radge. :agree:

Hibbyradge
14-11-2012, 05:04 PM
I wish clubs were having a go at us but they're not, they are laughing at us and our prudent little ways whilst they continue to rip the pish.

However I do accept that we will have to agree to disagree on this one Radge. :agree:

I haven't heard any club officials criticising us for what happened on Sunday, just their knob end fans.

I don't know about you, but I'm ripping the pish out of them too, and for a lot more than deciding not to re-employ a disobedient DJ.

lucky
14-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Hibs have embarrassed us as a club with this petty decision. No need to sack the guy. FFS Colin Calderwood did a lot worse with his management of the club but bizarrely we fought keep him. Just shows Rod is still a control freak

The_Sauz
14-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Hibs have embarrassed us as a club with this petty decision. No need to sack the guy. FFS Colin Calderwood did a lot worse with his management of the club but bizarrely we fought keep him. Just shows Rod is still a control freak

Post like that make me embarrassed to be a Hibs fan :brickwall

NEWS FLASH
Hearts play the "Mind Card" against the Hibs support and win........AGAIN!

Dinkydoo
14-11-2012, 09:17 PM

But you will defend someone on the basis of an assumption....?

I fully understand that none of us without connections to the club know the full story here.

That exert does admittedly add a little more weight to the idea that the DJ perhaps was 'sacked' because of the uncensored swear words within his song choices, however, if this really was the case, would it not have been sensible for the club to simply state within their official comment that the stadium DJ will not be asked to provide his services on behalf of Hibernian FC again, because he played (on multiple occasions) songs with unedited swearing in the lyrics - this violates conditions set out in his contract...blah blah.

I don't think anyone here is itching to have a go at the club for the sake of it; rather that the circumstances involved and the wording of the official statement from Hibs makes it more than likely that this guy will not be our stadium DJ again, on the grounds of ripping the Hearts financial situation.

CropleyWasGod
14-11-2012, 09:20 PM
But you will defend someone on the basis of an assumption....?

I fully understand that none of us without connections to the club know the full story here.

That exert does admittedly add a little more weight to the idea that the DJ perhaps was 'sacked' because of the uncensored swear words within his song choices, however, if this really was the case, would it not have been sensible for the club to simply state within their official comment that the stadium DJ will not be asked to provide his services on behalf of Hibernian FC again, because he played (on multiple occasions) songs with unedited swearing in the lyrics - this violates conditions set out in his contract...blah blah.

I don't think anyone here is itching to have a go at the club for the sake of it; rather that the circumstances involved and the wording of the official statement from Hibs makes it more than likely that this guy will not be our stadium DJ again, on the grounds of ripping the Hearts financial situation.

I'm not defending anyone. But I can't condemn anyone until I know the facts.

No-one comes out of this very well, but how well or badly??.... the jury is still out for me.

RIP
14-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Did we experience outrage when Brian Kerr was binned? Or Agogo? No. They were asked to do a job and they failed to deliver.

This guy was asked NOT to play windups. He thought he would ignore management. He was basically saying FU to the bosses. So his contract was terminated.

He was sh ite anyway. A top of the league club needs a real announcer, not a DJ with an ego.

Not Hibs class. Bring on proper pre-match music!

CropleyWasGod
14-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Did we experience outrage when Brian Kerr was binned? Or Agogo? No. They were asked to do a job and they failed to deliver.

This guy was asked NOT to play windups. He thought he would ignore management. He was basically saying FU to the bosses. So his contract was terminated.

He was sh ite anyway. A top of the league club needs a real announcer, not a DJ with an ego.

Ten Guitars by Englebert. Get it at Bandparts. :agree:

euansdad
14-11-2012, 10:06 PM
True mate. He never played s club 7. Outrageous

Kato
14-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Hibs have embarrassed us as a club with this petty decision. No need to sack the guy.

Speak for yourself.

PatHead
14-11-2012, 10:29 PM

Gogs

Doesn't matter how good or bad the guy was or how good the music was.....................he was a contracted person who was given instructions as to what he should not do. He disobeyed the instructions and contract terminated.

Don't agree with the instruction myself but it was made clear before the game and he should have adhered to it. Now suggestions for the new playlist- Money,money,money followed by taxman followed by Money for nothing and what became of the broken Heart(ed).

Finally doubt there is a DJ without an ego!

tamsonsbairn
14-11-2012, 10:42 PM
I've worked in the pub industry for over 39 years and I've never had a DJ do the exact job he is asked to do, the ones that didn't got the heave. DJ's have a mind of their own when they're behind their decks, any instructions given to them beforehand are completely ignored. That's my take on DJ's and I've had run ins with quite a few over the years. :pfgwa

Dinkydoo
15-11-2012, 06:45 AM

No-one comes out of this very well, but how well or badly??.... the jury is still out for me.

Ok, fair play.

I think we're all a little frustrated over this situation, either way.

oregonhibby
15-11-2012, 07:04 AM
In considering such action care is needed not to react instantly but to decide on a proportionate response to the issue. In deciding the course of action one needs to consider all the ramifications including the potential reaction and damage to reputation in making a hasty decision and one that is disproportionate to the issue.

This issue has now become viral and is being used as a rod (no pun intended) to beat us. Similar incidents elsewhere such as the Jonathan Ross issue ended with a more proportionate response which in the end led to his resignation from the BBC - putting aside the heinous events that are unfolding today at the BBC.

I imagine a written warning may have led to the announcer deciding to go anyway in a more elegant way. The media will keep this going not just to support the announcer because it is a story in itself. It could have been avoided completely with a more measured response.

Just a view.

PatHead
15-11-2012, 07:40 AM
"

"Doesn't matter how good or bad the guy was or how good the music was.....................he was a contracted person who was given instructions as to what he should not do. He disobeyed the instructions and contract terminated."

These are the facts. You can make your mind up based on that......................

marinello59
15-11-2012, 07:44 AM
I blame Petrie's obsession with Manc miserabilists The Smiths. Panicked and hung the DJ. FFS Rod, it's pop music, not a manifesto.

(We can only be thankful that his Gangsta Rap phase was short lived.)

CropleyWasGod
15-11-2012, 07:57 AM
"Doesn't matter how good or bad the guy was or how good the music was.....................he was a contracted person who was given instructions as to what he should not do. He disobeyed the instructions and contract terminated."

These are the facts. You can make your mind up based on that......................

On those facts, I am at ease with the club's action. It's the other stuff, the assumptions and conjecture about the Taxman/Green Day songs, that is bugging me.

They're both shecht... the sooner we get back to Ten Guitars the better. :greengrin

PatHead
15-11-2012, 08:04 AM
On those facts, I am at ease with the club's action. It's the other stuff, the assumptions and conjecture about the Taxman/Green Day songs, that is bugging me.

They're both shecht... the sooner we get back to Ten Guitars the better. :greengrin

Just to help you practice. Want you out at half time after the Happy Hibby draw leading Section 43 in song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEI0BFEfui4&feature=fvwrel

Niffy
15-11-2012, 08:05 AM
I've worked in the pub industry for over 39 years and I've never had a DJ do the exact job he is asked to do, the ones that didn't got the heave. DJ's have a mind of their own when they're behind their decks, any instructions given to them beforehand are completely ignored. That's my take on DJ's and I've had run ins with quite a few over the years. :pfgwa

Why not just say 40 years ????

CropleyWasGod
15-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Just to help you practice. Want you out at half time after the Happy Hibby draw leading Section 43 in song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEI0BFEfui4&feature=fvwrel

I have a tear in my eye. :greengrin

What was the other one that I used to "love"? The March of the U.S. Marines? Jonny Boy will know....

CropleyWasGod
15-11-2012, 08:09 AM

It may be 39 years 4 months.....:na na:

Hibbyradge
15-11-2012, 08:12 AM

Ah, but that would be inaccurate.

Saying "nearly 40 years" might suggest to some that he had worked in the industry for a period which could have been less than 39 years, so saying "over 39 years" is the best option.

It's good to get these things right.

Why you felt the need to pull him up on it is another matter...:wink:

Edit: Cue a debate about what the phrase "nearly 40 years" means. :greengrin

JimBHibees
15-11-2012, 08:21 AM

Because 39 sounds less? :greengrin

happiehibbie
15-11-2012, 11:15 AM
I have been involved in DJ ing compre etc etc for a lot of years. I always follow what my customers want (the person paying me) If this was not done in your pubs clubs etc then yes you tell the DJ dont come back or you have a word with him and ask him to follow your instruction.

I think our guy was doing a good job in a difficult situation. but i think there may have been other issues i take this by reading clubs statement.

just some things the guy has to put up with

We have a bunch of supporters who think they know how to prepare / entertain a crowd

i will give you one suggestion i saw No music 15 mins before the game to allow the fans to build the atmosphere (REALLY have you been in the ground 15 mins before ) anyway the Stadium anouncer is under strict rules of what to play and what Hibernian are looking for.

a sound system thats not the best

9k of people to pls driven by 250 of them that think they know best.

Please dont think the job is easy its not when you have so many people wanting different things what we all must take on board is its ENTERTAINMENT, its SHOW BIS, its part of the match day experiance the Kids at halftime on the pitch the mascots if its your birthday people love to be part of that match day experiance even YOU in the crowd.
its no secret i wanted the job and went for it i did not get so be it good luck to the next one i wish him well

GGTTH

The_Sauz
15-11-2012, 12:15 PM
For those who support the DJ and who have joined the Facebook page on getting the guy reinstated, have any of you asked this guy... Derek Watson, chairman of the Hearts Supporters Club on why he went running to the press with this in the first place, You could also ask the Hearts fans/ Players (on Facebook/Twitter) who are jumping on the band wagon about "Hibs Board Being Harsh" over a bit of so-called bit of banter that they are now calling it, as to why one of there own representatives thought it was so upsetting & unprofessional for Hibernian to allow this to happen on live TV.

Speedy
15-11-2012, 02:12 PM
In considering such action care is needed not to react instantly but to decide on a proportionate response to the issue. In deciding the course of action one needs to consider all the ramifications including the potential reaction and damage to reputation in making a hasty decision and one that is disproportionate to the issue.

This issue has now become viral and is being used as a rod (no pun intended) to beat us. Similar incidents elsewhere such as the Jonathan Ross issue ended with a more proportionate response which in the end led to his resignation from the BBC - putting aside the heinous events that are unfolding today at the BBC.

I imagine a written warning may have led to the announcer deciding to go anyway in a more elegant way. The media will keep this going not just to support the announcer because it is a story in itself. It could have been avoided completely with a more measured response.

Just a view.

It's entirely possible that a warning had previously been issued. I have no idea if that is the case.

Either way, Hibs actions are perfectly understandable for me.

Imagine you want your bedroom painted, you hire someone (may or may not be Ian Black) and give him specific instructions to paint it blue. He decides that he prefers pink so he takes it upon himself to paint it pink and explains himself as follows "Yes, I know you said blue but I thought pink was better so I decided to go for pink".

Later you decide that you need your living room painted, would you hire the same guy?

matty_f
15-11-2012, 02:44 PM
It's entirely possible that a warning had previously been issued. I have no idea if that is the case.

Either way, Hibs actions are perfectly understandable for me.

Imagine you want your bedroom painted, you hire someone (may or may not be Ian Black) and give him specific instructions to paint it blue. He decides that he prefers pink so he takes it upon himself to paint it pink and explains himself as follows "Yes, I know you said blue but I thought pink was better so I decided to go for pink".

Later you decide that you need your living room painted, would you hire the same guy?

:top marks

Pete
15-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Maybe it's time to end all talk of this on this forum.

Its snowballing and it would be bizzare if a matter like this was allowed to affect our new found unity and good start. Nothing will change by discussing the matter any further.

Speedy
15-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Maybe it's time to end all talk of this on this forum.

Its snowballing and it would be bizzare if a matter like this was allowed to affect our new found unity and good start. Nothing will change by discussing the matter any further.

I disagree.

Now on SSN, making the club look like bullies for the "sacking".

Perhaps the time to stop talking about it is when people understand what has actually gone on and and when people listen to the facts rather than dodgy news reports and talk in the pub.

Phil D. Rolls
15-11-2012, 03:53 PM
I think they were a bit spineless to sack the man. I can't think what the agenda is, but I just don't see who would have been offended by this. It's another one in the heart for freedom of speech IMO.

oregonhibby
15-11-2012, 04:07 PM
It is entirely possible. It also may be possible he did not.

In any case I would in the first instance give him/her the opportunity to rectify and improve before the bullet. No rectification then the bullet.

Hibbyradge
15-11-2012, 04:11 PM
It is entirely possible. It also may be possible he did not.

In any case I would in the first instance give him/her the opportunity to rectify and improve before the bullet. No rectification then the bullet.

This is an absolute storm in a teacup.

Hibs didn't sack anyone.

They merely told the contracting firm not to provide someone who had disobeyed a simple instruction cos he thought it would be funny to do so.

Presumably, for next Saturday, they will just have to provide someone else.

Phil D. Rolls
15-11-2012, 05:31 PM
I'd go for Lee Scratch Perry.

leggeto
15-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I take it you haven't read the official statement.

fair enough if he was told not to do anything cheeky beforehand, maybe he thought it was worth the bullet:flag:

Jonnyboy
15-11-2012, 08:26 PM
I have been involved in DJ ing compre etc etc for a lot of years. I always follow what my customers want (the person paying me) If this was not done in your pubs clubs etc then yes you tell the DJ dont come back or you have a word with him and ask him to follow your instruction.

I think our guy was doing a good job in a difficult situation. but i think there may have been other issues i take this by reading clubs statement.

just some things the guy has to put up with

We have a bunch of supporters who think they know how to prepare / entertain a crowd

i will give you one suggestion i saw No music 15 mins before the game to allow the fans to build the atmosphere (REALLY have you been in the ground 15 mins before ) anyway the Stadium anouncer is under strict rules of what to play and what Hibernian are looking for.

a sound system thats not the best

9k of people to pls driven by 250 of them that think they know best.

Please dont think the job is easy its not when you have so many people wanting different things what we all must take on board is its ENTERTAINMENT, its SHOW BIS, its part of the match day experiance the Kids at halftime on the pitch the mascots if its your birthday people love to be part of that match day experiance even YOU in the crowd.
its no secret i wanted the job and went for it i did not get so be it good luck to the next one i wish him well

GGTTH

I'm not following these points. Can you expand/explain please?

GORDONSMITH7
16-11-2012, 12:23 AM
This is an absolute storm in a teacup.

Hibs didn't sack anyone.

They merely told the contracting firm not to provide someone who had disobeyed a simple instruction cos he thought it would be funny to do so.

Presumably, for next Saturday, they will just have to provide someone else.

Oh did they. No contracting firm involved amigo. Willie is an individual lifelong Hibernian supporter who got the spot with the help of his good friend and lifelong Hibernian supporter Grant Stott. Facile ' He disobeyed instructions' must even for an apologist like your good self weigh against the international (yes international) mockery that the club has experienced by normal minded fitba fans who look upon our club as miserable, humorless dafties. Kick on with yer daft analysis but at least get yer facts right.

GGTTH

BIG G

lucky
16-11-2012, 03:44 AM
I think they were a bit spineless to sack the man. I can't think what the agenda is, but I just don't see who would have been offended by this. It's another one in the heart for freedom of speech IMO.

Agree 100%

CropleyWasGod
16-11-2012, 06:07 AM
Oh did they. No contracting firm involved amigo. Willie is an individual lifelong Hibernian supporter who got the spot with the help of his good friend and lifelong Hibernian supporter Grant Stott. Facile ' He disobeyed instructions' must even for an apologist like your good self weigh against the international (yes international) mockery that the club has experienced by normal minded fitba fans who look upon our club as miserable, humorless dafties. Kick on with yer daft analysis but at least get yer facts right.

GGTTH

BIG G

So what are the facts?

KWJ
16-11-2012, 06:30 AM
This was in the New Zealand Herald yesterday!

CropleyWasGod
16-11-2012, 06:41 AM

GGTTH

BIG G

So what are the facts?

matty_f
16-11-2012, 07:16 AM

GGTTH

BIG G

Hold on a minute, it wasn't the club that caused this situation, it was the dj. Hibs went out of their way to AVOID a situation but found themselves in one because one person decided to go maverick and ignore instructions.

This isn't Hibs' fault.

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2012, 07:18 AM
can whoever is doing the music when we play the cup game, if we play the cup game, please play this song before kick off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1gfZwejPv8

happiehibbie
16-11-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm not following these points. Can you expand/explain please?

Johny

What i am saying is that a small group of people think they know what everyone wants ie what they want I will group it itno section 43 ( may be wrong here ) but the mateial i have read sugests this

On the other poiint 9000 people all want diffrent things Hibernian have to try and make everyone happy which is not easy

Look as far as am concerened Wullie was doing ok, way better than the last guy Tony, whati think will happen is that we will end up with the jambo guy from Forth, Monkey funny thing is thats his nick name Mark martin his real name again can do the job as he was always on standby

cheerr

Tha Cabbage Kid
16-11-2012, 12:55 PM
:agree:

Tha Cabbage Kid
16-11-2012, 01:01 PM
this whole thing about our DJ actually reminds me of a situation here in poland when i was away shopping for food.

I was walking threw the isles of similar scotmid type supermarket. and as i was walking i was listening to a song on their radio or compalation CD. without realising where i was at that moment i thought to myself "i know that song" and then a few seconds after i realised what was actually playing and got the shock of my life! i was p***ing myself laughing as to what i was hearing.

Now i obviously dont know if all you guys will know this song but im sure a few of you will and will have a chuckle at the thought of it. then i thought to myself 'imagine this happening in scotland'. (obviously due to it not being an english speaking country it wasnt really an issue. but for me it was one of the funniest things ive ever experience on this earth.) everyone was looking at me think "whats up with this guy"? probably thought i was some sort of weirdo.

it was a song by metallica called "so What"

can you imagine seeing little old ladies looking for thier tined peaches litening to this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XoyDqFy5pU) <<<<<<<<

and think about our dj doing the same thing hahahahah

:thumbsup:

Nazz
16-11-2012, 01:15 PM

In a similar vein, the gym I go to regularly plays F**? You by Lily Allen. Always brings a smile to my face. Poor guys, they obviously think it's a 'top tune' to exercise to. I haven't the heart to tell them.

Nazz
16-11-2012, 01:28 PM
In a similar vein, the gym I go to regularly plays F**? You by Lily Allen. Always brings a smile to my face. Poor guys, they obviously think it's a 'top tune' to exercise to. I haven't the heart to tell them.

Tha Cabbage Kid changed his post and mine just looks stupid now!

GORDONSMITH7
16-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Hold on a minute, it wasn't the club that caused this situation, it was the dj. Hibs went out of their way to AVOID a situation but found themselves in one because one person decided to go maverick and ignore instructions.

This isn't Hibs' fault.

The line as punted by David Forsyth at the 'Let's Work Together' meeting which both you and I attended . I despair. Proportionality obviously not in their vocabulary.

BIG G

Tha Cabbage Kid
16-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Tha Cabbage Kid changed his post and mine just looks stupid now!

sorry mate i made it a new thread as i thought maybe it would get seen!

RIP
16-11-2012, 02:11 PM

This isn't Hibs' fault.

The line as punted by David Forsyth at the 'Let's Work Together' meeting which both you and I attended . I despair. Proportionality obviously not in their vocabulary.

BIG G

No quite big G. That 'line' actually came from Matty's lips - he was sat down front right of the seats on Wed. David gave us a different line about the difference between a staff member and a volunteer or service provider IIRC

You obviously ken Willie so must be a sair yin. However if it's true that the pre-match briefing said specifically 'don't' and if it's true that WD thought 'I'll do it anyway' then that's where the problem started.

The manager concerned (who is every bit of a Hibby as Willie) would have been made to look like a complete clown in front of the Board and Farmer. I've nae doubt that manager got a bollocking and it was down to him how to act

If only Willie had applied common sense he would still be there, his relationship with management would be first class, there would have been no adverse press and we wouldn't be talking about this now. We would be celebrating being Top of the League instead

happiehibbie
16-11-2012, 02:20 PM
No quite big G. That 'line' actually came from Matty's lips - he was sat down front right of the seats on Wed. David gave us a different line about the difference between a staff member and a volunteer or service provider IIRC

You obviously ken Willie so must be a sair yin. However if it's true that the pre-match briefing said specifically 'don't' and if it's true that WD thought 'I'll do it anyway' then that's where the problem started.

The manager concerned (who is every bit of a Hibby as Willie) would have been made to look like a complete clown in front of the Board and Farmer. I've nae doubt that manager got a bollocking and it was down to him how to act

If only Willie had applied common sense he would still be there, his relationship with management would be first class, there would have been no adverse press and we wouldn't be talking about this now. We would be celebrating being Top of the League instead

well said Case closed :)

16-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Absolutely ridiculous if true! As mentioned in a previous post, that dick that does the stadium announcements at the maroon dump in gorgie ridicules hibs at every opportunity yet one little song for the sake of banter over here that might wind up our rivals is forbidden. God forbid a having a light hearted giggle at our bitter rivals expense! Absolute nonsense and its because of this nicey nicey attitude our club has towards our rivalry with hearts that we have been humiliated by them so many times! Hearts absolutely hate us, right down from the board room, everything they do is about having a go at us and winding us up. For example, last season at Tynecastle in the derby when they introduced their "derby heroes" onto the pitch at half time in an obvious attempt to rub it in our faces and rile the hibs support. We would NEVER do anything like that at ER to them, because oh no some hearts fans might get a bit upset! Time the people in the hibs board room toughened up and realise that rivalry is what its all about and that hearts are not just another team to us and then we might actually start humiliating hearts for a change!

PatHead
16-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Absolutely ridiculous if true! As mentioned in a previous post, that dick that does the stadium announcements at the maroon dump in gorgie ridicules hibs at every opportunity yet one little song for the sake of banter over here that might wind up our rivals is forbidden. God forbid a having a light hearted giggle at our bitter rivals expense! Absolute nonsense and its because of this nicey nicey attitude our club has towards our rivalry with hearts that we have been humiliated by them so many times! Hearts absolutely hate us, right down from the board room, everything they do is about having a go at us and winding us up. For example, last season at Tynecastle in the derby when they introduced their "derby heroes" onto the pitch at half time in an obvious attempt to rub it in our faces and rile the hibs support. We would NEVER do anything like that at ER to them, because oh no some hearts fans might get a bit upset! Time the people in the hibs board room toughened up and realise that rivalry is what its all about and that hearts are not just another team to us and then we might actually start humiliating hearts for a change!

Whilst agreeing that I thought it was over the top banning the record in the first place, Hibs line is that they do not want and have tried to avoid being dragged into the Hearts conversation. It is nothing to do with Hibs and they want to keep their distance. By playing that record the DJ got us into the Daily Record who commented on the song. Even if Hibs hadn't taken action I can guess that would have been picked up by other papers and Hibs would not have looked in a good light and been asked to comment. The papers have ignored the official line so far and I am sure they would have printed what they wanted anyway. This was before the DJ was told not to come back.

This whole saga is down to the DJ behaving like an erse and that should not be forgotten. The guy was representing Hibs and has badly let us down.

PatHead
16-11-2012, 03:57 PM

By the way last time we did something like that it backfired massively- parading the Cup.

16-11-2012, 04:18 PM
By the way last time we did something like that it backfired massively- parading the Cup.

Agreed. But that wasn't done necessarily to wind up the hearts fans, it just so happened that the derby was the first home game we played since winning the cup. We would have paraded the cup that day regardless of weather we were playing hearts or not.

hibee_nation
16-11-2012, 04:21 PM

Agreed it backfired big time, why was that do you think. It was because yet again we were trying to be nicey nicey and lets sit patiently till all the yams have left, we don't want to upset them by showing them the cup. We should have paraded it before the game to girut or gie them 10 mins to bolt after the game. But no no not us we have to sit there like numpties while they rip the pash. Some may call it not stooping to their level or it's not Hibs class, well after that final i'm sick of them and would like my club to do everything in it's power to get it up them.

16-11-2012, 04:26 PM
Agreed it backfired big time, why was that do you think. It was because yet again we were trying to be nicey nicey and lets sit patiently till all the yams have left, we don't want to upset them by showing them the cup. We should have paraded it before the game to girut or gie them 10 mins to bolt after the game. But no no not us we have to sit there like numpties while they rip the pash. Some may call it not stooping to their level or it's not Hibs class, well after that final i'm sick of them and would like my club to do everything in it's power to get it up them.

Totally agree. If it had been the other way about, they would have done it before the game when everyone was in the stadium, right in front of the hibs fans to really rub it in our faces. They would have done everything they possibly could to show off the fact they had won a cup to us. As much as I think a lot of this type of stuff that the yams do is petty and classless and shows there creepy obsession with us, I think we need to cut out the "nicey nicey, oh no lets not upset the hearts" attitude.

clerriehibs
16-11-2012, 08:03 PM

we're hertz bitches and I'm sick of it ... it's time our club took the GIRFUY route each and every time there's an opportunity to do so.

Jonnyboy
16-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Johny

What i am saying is that a small group of people think they know what everyone wants ie what they want I will group it itno section 43 ( may be wrong here ) but the mateial i have read sugests this

On the other poiint 9000 people all want diffrent things Hibernian have to try and make everyone happy which is not easy

Look as far as am concerened Wullie was doing ok, way better than the last guy Tony, whati think will happen is that we will end up with the jambo guy from Forth, Monkey funny thing is thats his nick name Mark martin his real name again can do the job as he was always on standby

cheerr

I think you are being very unfair suggesting S43 are trying to tell us all what we want. They're doing an increasingly fine job in encouraging a positive atmosphere.

Afraid I'm not following your final paragraph!

Hibbyradge
16-11-2012, 08:16 PM

we're hertz bitches and I'm sick of it ....

Speak for yourself.

Hibbyradge
16-11-2012, 08:17 PM

we're hertz bitches....

Speak for yourself.

Kato
16-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Is their anyone else who couldn't give a monkies about this?

clerriehibs
16-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Speak for yourself.

Notice how you edited what I said to take it out of context.

The_Sauz
16-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Totally agree. If it had been the other way about, they would have done it before the game when everyone was in the stadium, right in front of the hibs fans to really rub it in our faces. They would have done everything they possibly could to show off the fact they had won a cup to us. As much as I think a lot of this type of stuff that the yams do is petty and classless and shows there creepy obsession with us, I think we need to cut out the "nicey nicey, oh no lets not upset the hearts" attitude.

And do you think the Police would have let this happen......................NO!

hibee_nation
16-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Speak for yourself.

I do, it's what message boards are for. Bit of a stupid comment. So who do you speak for then. :confused:

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Article in the sun about it

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/papercolumnists/robingalloway/4647196/Hibs-sacking-is-Heartless.html

THEY may be top of the SPL but they’re rock bottom of the human resources table.
You see banter-less Hibs have sacked their stadium announcer.
Hapless Willie Docherty thought it a good idea to play The Beatles’ Taxman as a tongue-in-cheek jibe at the expense of city rivals Hearts and their current financial predicament.

Nazz
17-11-2012, 06:54 AM

no worries. just have to post quicker next time.

Nazz
17-11-2012, 07:01 AM

no worries. just have to post quicker next time.

Frazerbob
17-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Just got mentioned of Soccer AM!

NYHibby
17-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Is their anyone else who couldn't give a monkies about this?

Yes. I couldn't care less about this story.

Billy Whizz
23-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Do we have a new one for tomorrow?

Phil D. Rolls
23-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Whoever they are, they'll have been told that they must not play The Alarm, The Stereophonics, Manic Street Preachers, Tom Jones or Shirley Bassey. Who knows who they might offend!

jgl07
23-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Whoever they are, they'll have been told that they must not play The Alarm, The Stereophonics, Manic Street Preachers, Tom Jones or Shirley Bassey. Who knows who they might offend!

He also need to avoid playing Grandad by Clive Dunn in case Craig Brown takes the hump!

iwasthere1972
23-11-2012, 05:03 PM
He also need to avoid playing Grandad by Clive Dunn in case Craig Brown takes the hump!

:greengrin

Or any music composed by Hans Zimmer.

JimBHibees
23-11-2012, 05:30 PM

Brilliant. :greengrin:top marks

dp00
23-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Mark Martin from forth one would be my guess ?

Piqué
23-11-2012, 09:00 PM
It was the DJ and not the announcer wasn't it?

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2012, 09:02 PM
It was the DJ and not the announcer wasn't it?

Are they not one and the same?

Piqué
23-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Are they not one and the same?
Yes, maybe you're right. So is that the same guy that comes on the pitch at half time and runs the half time 'entertainment'?

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Yes, maybe you're right. So is that the same guy that comes on the pitch at half time and runs the half time 'entertainment'?

I think so :dunno:

SaulGoodman
23-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Well put it this way; You really think Rod would employ two people when one person can do the two jobs? :wink:

Kiddo
23-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Do we have a new one for tomorrow?

Yeah, Barry Wilkins, massive Hibs fan

Scouse Hibee
23-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Yeah, Barry Wilkins, massive Hibs fan

Is this to save him squeezing through a turnstile then?

zlatan
23-11-2012, 10:06 PM
When did Gavin Pearson chuck it?

StokePogesHibs
24-11-2012, 01:46 AM
Hope they have the smiths...'hang the dj' on the playlist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JohnStephens91
24-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Hope they have the smiths...'hang the dj' on the playlist

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The song is actually called Panic :wink:

NOLA
24-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Hope he plays eton rifles. Or some Ska would be nice :)

Spike Mandela
24-11-2012, 08:53 AM
Start off with 'money's too tight to mention' and it could be the shortest tenure as dj yet.:hibees

ivan03
24-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Barrie is a DJ and also does radio work, good friend of mines I think he will do a great job! Best of luck to him today!

SMAXXA
24-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Barrie is a DJ and also does radio work, good friend of mines I think he will do a great job! Best of luck to him today!

How did he get the gig? A bit different from shanghai, hope he does a better job at ER than some of the gash played in there :-)

LioNeilMessi
24-11-2012, 11:52 AM
How did he get the gig? A bit different from shanghai, hope he does a better job at ER than some of the gash played in there :-)

Surely you can't mean that 8-minute nightclub trance song played every game before kick-off? :dj:

greenlex
24-11-2012, 01:57 PM
If we have a new stadium announcer he needs shooting. Been in half an hour and the music has been utter pish. Get it sorted man.

Lucius Apuleius
24-11-2012, 02:08 PM
If we have a new stadium announcer he needs shooting. Been in half an hour and the music has been utter pish. Get it sorted man.

Any T Rex? That wid be guid!!!!

ivan03
24-11-2012, 02:10 PM

haha he hasnt played in shanghai for a good few months now. Hibs approached him, possibly through doing local radio show.

greenlex
24-11-2012, 02:51 PM
Any T Rex? That wid be guid!!!!

If only G.

Elephant Stone
24-11-2012, 04:49 PM
It was woeful! And what in the name of Christ was it that was played just before kick off?

Not happy.

1875HFC
24-11-2012, 04:54 PM
some shocking remix was played during warm-up and could hardly hear the announcer before the game started wasnt the best.

SteveHFC
24-11-2012, 04:56 PM
He played Conor Maynard at least twice. Not Good Enough :fenlon

Hiber-nation
24-11-2012, 04:56 PM
And he made a bit of a chorus and verse of the HT scores.

iwasthere1972
24-11-2012, 05:00 PM
He could play the theme to The Sound of Music and The Birdie Song for all I care. So long as we win.

SteveHFC
24-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Does anyone know the name of the song before KO? I thought that was a choon :greengrin

Rivers Cuomo
24-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Haha will pass the feedback on to Barrie lads

GreenCastle
24-11-2012, 05:05 PM
The dance song before kick off was Mirage by Armin Van Buuren - thought the Hibs songs and this song were fine.

His reading of the half time scores was a little rushed and all over the place though :greengrin

SteveHFC
24-11-2012, 05:05 PM
The dance song before kick off was Mirage by Armin Van Buuren

Cheers :aok:

Quailty Tune

Devilstorment
24-11-2012, 05:54 PM
It was woeful! And what in the name of Christ was it that was played just before kick off?

Not happy.

eh.... That was Sunshine on Leith wasnt it?!?! :confused:

hibee
24-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I wish they wouldn't bother at all, I'd rather be able to speak to my mates and let the fans do the singing.

Jonnyboy
24-11-2012, 06:58 PM
I wish they wouldn't bother at all, I'd rather be able to speak to my mates and let the fans do the singing.

This.

hibsbollah
24-11-2012, 07:01 PM

silverhibee
24-11-2012, 07:02 PM
This.

cocopops1875
24-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Linkin Park at Full time gets a :thumbsup: from me and ****** it one of these too:rockin:

StevesFamau5
24-11-2012, 09:32 PM
wait what???? he played Armin???? such a legend!!! :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

PiemanP
24-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Thought the dance tune before kick off was good, got me in the mood.

Agree with others though that I wish they would let the fans create their own atmosphere without the need for commercial tunes to be played.

CallumLaidlaw
24-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Honestly! It's the guys first day in his new job. Give him a break!!!

Swedish hibee
25-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Start off with 'money's too tight to mention' and it could be the shortest tenure as dj yet.:hibees

:faf:

Ultrabee1-0
28-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Why didn't he just leave the beatles - tax man, untill sunday surely would have been more worth it!

drifter533814
29-11-2012, 12:47 AM
Why didn't he just leave the beatles - tax man, untill sunday surely would have been more worth it!

Was it the same dj that played moby during the 6-2 game?. If so.................legend.