PDA

View Full Version : Who have you enlightened?

Boyle89
13-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Hello all.
I have seen threads on here before about why do you support hibs and it got me thinking about if you have ever been the reason somebody supports hibs?
Apologies in advance is there has been a thread on this before but I will blame that on being new :wink:.

I myself have enlightened two people. My ex (weird i know) and her little brother. Before she never really had any interest in football but I like to think cause of me she now follows the only team worth supporting. What is better is that I rescued her little brother from supporting the lesser greens. He was young and under the influence of his glory hunting dad who had already bought him celtic tops. I felt bad for the boy, I couldnt stand by and let him support them. And so after some work I can now say both are dedicated hibs fans (maybe even more so than me) who are season ticket holders and the wee chap is a hibs kid and loves everything to do with hibs. I may have treated her like shhhh when we were together but I'm sure she appreciates what I have done for her in helping her find her way to hibs:wink:. I have also been working on my best pal who is a part time hun but have had mixed results :grr:.

Anybody else enlightened some poor soul?

McHibby
13-11-2012, 01:52 AM
I enlightened my mate who had moved up from Ipswich and was missing going to the football on a Saturday. Unfortunately the match was an utterly dire 0-0 job with Aberdeen. However he still came back :flag:

deeks01
13-11-2012, 02:51 AM
Enlightened my mate who was an Arsenal fan and moved up from Southampton to here. First game vs Hamilton in the Old East Stand and he loved it. He's since been with me back to ER on several occasions and to Tynecastle , Ibrox and Fir Park. Hate it when I have to invite him though as he's a tight fisted f*** , always end up out of pocket as I feel sorry for him sitting without a pint or whatever and he's usually a few quid 'short' of the ticket money which he always forgets to repay but its better than going on my lonesome to every match. Still though I can now safely say he's at least a part-time hibby! Although that is much like myself these days sadly.

Also not really an enlightenment but took my mate , who's a dedicated killie ST holder and will be for life I don't doubt , to a derby at ER in the old east (finished 1-1 with Stokes equalising late on for us... I think) and he took me to a Killie vs Ayr game to see if we could settle a debate on which was the 'better' derby. He seemed to enjoy himself but still refused to concede the point and he can say the same about me. Was a good experience for us both though I'm sure!

Hibercelona
13-11-2012, 03:18 AM
Me and my old man enlighten each other. :aok:

When one of us swears that we're never going back, the other one drags the other along to the next game. :greengrin

ChooseLife
13-11-2012, 03:51 AM
about 4 people that would now consider themselves hibs fans, but would never go to a game without me, better than nothing :greengrin

I was enlightened by "cynic" who posts on here, I sent him a PM after the final questioning why.

Slicer
13-11-2012, 03:54 AM
My sister's Geordie boyfriend started coming with us to games during 'The Adventure' and enjoyed the novelty of standing at the back, under the gantry in the old East. We took a trip to Gorgie farm one day with our neice, and my sister assured him that it wouldn't be an issue wearing his new Hibs top, purchased v Falkirk on presentation day. I wasn't clued up with what was happening in the SPL at the time and never realised Hearts would be at home on the Sunday. We had to walk through the putrid smell and after a few chants of Pen1s, Pen1s and a couple of whispers in his ear we made it out alive.

A hatred of all things Hertz duly followed and he has had a season ticket for the last 6/7 years. Still fills me with joy watching a 'newbie' kick and head every ball from the stand during a derby :greengrin

heretoday
13-11-2012, 06:53 AM
The only reason I support Hibs is because they wear white sleeves.

euansdad
13-11-2012, 06:54 AM
Nephew. Got him into the hibs and getting him a half ST this year

California-Hibs
13-11-2012, 07:21 AM
My wife is American, and although I've not managed to get her to a game yet, I've gave her the Hibs bug. Every Saturday I'm up at 7am to watch/listen to the games, and over the past couple months she's been asking for me to show her the highlights, starting to refer to Hibs as 'we', telling me how important it is that we keep Griffiths, and even got up early on Sunday to watch her first live game!

Oh and I have a sneaky feeling she's going to buy me a canvas picture of Easter Road to go up on the wall in the Livingroom! I've been dropping hints left right and centre! :D I guess we'll see..

JollyGreenGiant
13-11-2012, 08:31 AM
My wife - her family are all yams and I wind her auld man up regularly about it.

She was never really interested in fitba when I first met her but she really got the bug after taking her to the cup final we won against Killie 5-1. The funny thing is after taking her to the cup final in May, she has developed a real disliking for all things yamish including some of her more stupid yam family members!

She has been begging me to take her to the next cup game against the yams - I reckon she now hates them more than me and she is praying they go bust.

tbfhibs
13-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Partners nephew. His dad supports an old team from Govan. We had season tickets in the west for a few seasons he's now eighteen and goes to the games with his mates. Probably my partner aswell, don't know if she was that interested until she met me.

hibs0666
13-11-2012, 09:19 AM
My mate converted Laszlo the Hungarian brain surgeon, who was at the Western doing research into mad cow disease, into following the Cabbage. The bloke never took a half-time pie mind.

Nevi1875
13-11-2012, 09:36 AM
My girlfriend for me. Never wants to miss a game and even made a song up about doyle haha. She also gets really wound up by yams. She's a good las I guess.

GGTTH

Future17
13-11-2012, 11:19 AM
My mate converted Laszlo the Hungarian bran surgeon, who was at the Western doing research into mad cow disease, into following the Cabbage. The bloke never took a half-time pie mind.

Csaba? Plenty mad folk to research round Tynecastle way...not many brains though.

Hibee Ryan
13-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Got a girl mate of mines to start going again recently. She used to go with her dad until he sadly passed about 4 years ago and since she didn't have anyone to go with stopped going but I dragged her along to a few games last season and this season we've been to park head and fir park and she's saving up to get a half season ticket next to my group! I can see quite a few half season tickets being bought this year

Bad Habits
13-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Been at it for years, where I live hardly anyone had a decent understanding of Scottish football, never mind Hibs . I havn't quite convinced anyone to be a full blown supporter but all my pals check up on the scores, tell me about transfers etc. and now, having moved to uni I'm trying to get some of my flatmates up for the cup match, and some of them sound very interested! my boss (arsenal fan) from my job back home has also said that if Hibs get into Europe me and him are going to an away match, fingers crossed it's somewhere cheap!

:flag: