PDA

View Full Version : Where will hibs be sitting at christmas?

Hibeesmad
12-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Hibs league fixtures between now and christmas along with my predictions:

Dundee(A)- WIN
Aberdeen(H)- DRAW
St Johnstone(A)- DRAW
Inverness(A)- WIN
Motherwell(H)- WIN
Kilmarnock(A)- WIN

The way we are playing at the moment i cant see us losing in these fixtures, then again this is hibs we are talking about.
Going back to the the title of the thread i think we will be second at christmas.:cb

allezsauzee
12-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Top, I think a better question would be.... How many points clear will Hibs be at Christmas?

euansdad
12-11-2012, 04:47 PM
I think we will be joint top with sellick

Hibeesmad
12-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Top, I think a better question would be.... How many points clear will Hibs be at Christmas?

:thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
12-11-2012, 04:49 PM
dunno but I think we'll be solvent.
Not every club will see 2013 :-)

Pretty Boy
12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Inverness away will be a tough, tough game. They are a decent side.

I'll go win, draw, win, loss, win, win and we'll be joint top at Xmas.

Ringothedog
12-11-2012, 05:02 PM
I would suggest that anything in excess of 8 points would be brilliant. So 2nd or 3rd.

YehButNoBut
12-11-2012, 05:18 PM
If we are joint top or within a few points of top at Xmas the game on the 29th at home to Celtic is going to be a cracker, let's hope that is the case. :pfgwa

deeks01
12-11-2012, 05:24 PM

Dundee(A)- WIN
Aberdeen(H)- DRAW
St Johnstone(A)- DRAW
Inverness(A)- WIN
Motherwell(H)- WIN
Kilmarnock(A)- WIN

The way we are playing at the moment i cant see us losing in these fixtures, then again this is hibs we are talking about.
Going back to the the title of the thread i think we will be second at christmas.:cb

Here is another point that reinforces the differences from last season. I think we can all look at every one of those games and say 'that is very winnable'. Absolutely no chance in hell we could have done that last season.

Disclaimer - I am not for a minute predicting we WILL win every one of those games (I am a hibby after all ;)) but there's none of them I won't go into confidently based on current form.

Pete
12-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Top. We have nobody to fear and nothing to lose by aiming high.

YehButNoBut
12-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Would go for

Dundee(A)- WIN
Aberdeen(H)- WIN
St Johnstone(A)- DRAW
Inverness(A)- LOSS
Motherwell(H)- WIN
Kilmarnock(A)- DRAW

Would give us 11out of 18 points, hope it's more though and this team has continually exceeded my expectations this season, hope they can keep doing that.

hfc rd
12-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Would go for

Dundee(A)- WIN
Aberdeen(H)- WIN
St Johnstone(A)- DRAW
Inverness(A)- LOSS
Motherwell(H)- WIN
Kilmarnock(A)- DRAW

Would give us 11out of 18 points, hope it's more though and this team has continually exceeded my expectations this season, hope they can keep doing that.

Probably agree with that. Hope we are still top two at least.

12-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Would go for

Dundee(A)- WIN
Aberdeen(H)- WIN
St Johnstone(A)- DRAW
Inverness(A)- LOSS
Motherwell(H)- WIN
Kilmarnock(A)- DRAW

:agree:

Hibs Class
12-11-2012, 06:22 PM
Would go for

Dundee(A)- WIN
Aberdeen(H)- WIN
St Johnstone(A)- DRAW
Inverness(A)- LOSS
Motherwell(H)- WIN
Kilmarnock(A)- DRAW

We won twice at Inverness last season with a team that was poorer than what we now have. I'd be disappointed if we didn't get at least a draw there.

Broken Gnome
12-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Happily take four points from the next two games, and go from there.

A lot of teams in the SPL have looked incapable of winning then find a month of form from nowhere. Really don't want to get carried away here; all those teams will see us as beatable on a bad day, just as we're capable of winning the majority of them if we keep to the standard of the last three weeks.

Hibercelona
12-11-2012, 06:30 PM
I'll be the first to say "one game at a time" then....

Northernhibee
12-11-2012, 06:34 PM
First.

There's not a single team in the SPL that we should fear. With Sparky, Big Ben, McPake, Claros, McGivern, Doyle, Spoony and Cairney all on form there is not a team in the SPL that would not fear us.

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2012, 06:40 PM

Dundee(A)- WIN
Aberdeen(H)- DRAW
St Johnstone(A)- DRAW
Inverness(A)- WIN
Motherwell(H)- WIN
Kilmarnock(A)- WIN

I think we will be sitting comfortable at the table with a huge Turkey to laugh at, a couple of crackers signed and a rather large pudding released :greengrin

Hermit Crab
12-11-2012, 06:47 PM
We've yet to have our dip in form

yeezus.
12-11-2012, 06:56 PM
We should win against Dundee but I think we'll struggle against Aberdeen and St. Johnstone. As for Kilmarnock - they could lose to Stranraer today and beat Barcalona tomorrow so I wouldn't be sure of 3 points in Ayrshire.

danhibees1875
12-11-2012, 07:07 PM
I'll be the first to say "one game at a time" then....

:agree:

None of the above are easy games. Dundee looking to scramble points together, Aberdeen and St.J's are flying high, Kilmarnock -and to an extent Motherwell - feeling cheated from previous games.

It'd be far too easy to lose a couple and let heads slip.

So, probably top. :greengrin

Keith_M
12-11-2012, 07:36 PM
4th, but only three points behind the leaders.

Is there a prize?

Sir David Gray
12-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Far too much football to be played between now and Christmas to make any kind of solid prediction on where we'll be on December 25th.

I think it's doing us well just taking one match at a time. With that in mind, our only focus should be on beating Dundee on Saturday. They're now unbeaten in two matches so it may not be a foregone conclusion but I certainly think that if our main players play as well as they can do then we'll get the three points.

We have had a good start to the season but it's in no way unthinkable that we could suddenly slide down the table. There's not a whole lot between any of the sides in the SPL, apart from Celtic, despite their patchy form so far so we need to just concentrate on one opponent at a time.

Jim Herriot
12-11-2012, 08:18 PM
We will be safe from relegation, liquidation or administration. And we might still be top of the league.

Liams
12-11-2012, 08:33 PM
**** it, 100% honest here... I cann see us wimnimg them all IF we beat Dundee, that and inverness are the only "dodgey" teams!! I can say 18-14 points

Craig_in_Prague
12-11-2012, 08:43 PM
One game at a time and all but the team shape, fight and quality going forward gives us a chance.
It was great to have beat utd, we have struggled to get anything against them in recent times.

Dundee will not be easy, they look like they are finding their feet a little.
Aberdeen, St Johnstone and ICT are all very hard games. Keeping up a strong home record would be really pleasing, buts that not to say we shouldnt be taken some points on the road too, but beating utd and Aberdeen at home really will indicate we are very much on the right track.

Lets hope Pat doesnt let standards slip and if we continue to work as hard, we will create our own luck and also as said, we are looking great going forward.

Isnt it nice to feel wonderful about the hibees again though! Even sweeter that our pink chums are hanging onto their future and with a grip that gets weaker by the day.

ggtth

FromTheCapital
13-11-2012, 03:32 PM
(Away) Dundee - WIN
(Home) Aberdeen - WIN
(Away) St Johnstone - DRAW
(Away) Inverness CT - LOSS
(Home) Motherwell - WIN
(Away) Kilmarnock - WIN

This would give us 13 points out of a possible 18, I think we will be top by a point or two and that will give the Hibees another little present. :thumbsup:

WarringtonHibee
13-11-2012, 03:34 PM
If results go our way this weekend, and we beat Aberdeen then I hope we can get a small gap between us and third, fingers crossed. My heart says 2nd, but my head says we'll maybe drop some silly points and look to sit around 3-4th which is no bad thing at all.