PDA

View Full Version : Sir Patrick of Stanton inducted into the Scotland hall of fame

H18sry
11-11-2012, 08:08 PM
Hampden Experience ‏@Hampden_Museum
The second inductee is pat Stanton

Well done SIR PAT :not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

Jonnyboy
11-11-2012, 08:10 PM

Worthy of that in the extreme :agree:

Eyrie
11-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Long overdue.

basehibby
11-11-2012, 08:19 PM

Congratulations oh-God :not worth :thumbsup:

ancient hibee
11-11-2012, 08:24 PM
I've nominated him 4 times-my next project is the one and only Joe Baker.

Purple & Green
11-11-2012, 09:05 PM

Just checked my nomination - I wrote a detailed proposal for Stanton, Baker & Hugh Shaw. I publicised this nomination process so I hope I helped. Well done Pat.

iwasthere1972
11-11-2012, 11:35 PM

Fantastic and not before time.

Can someone tell me why Terry Butcher was inducted in 2011 and also R.S. McColl the newsagents the same year. :confused:

http://www.scottishfootballmuseum.org.uk/hall-of-fame/2011.html

Haymaker
12-11-2012, 03:36 AM
About ****ing time too. :agree:

hughio
12-11-2012, 09:02 AM
:not worth

euansdad
12-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Long overdue.

This

H18sry
12-11-2012, 10:54 AM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/feat/ed14/hibs_legend_pat_stanton_inducted_into_scottish_foo tball_hall_of_fame_767739/index.shtml :thumbsup:

--------
12-11-2012, 11:47 AM

I applaud your ambition, ancient, but maybe the fact that Joe played for England might be a wee bit of a problem???? :wink:

Apologies - if Butcher's in there, Joe certainly should be.

But then HE didn't play fro Rangers ....

frazeHFC
12-11-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.hibernian-mad.co.uk/feat/ed14/hibs_legend_pat_stanton_inducted_into_scottish_foo tball_hall_of_fame_767739/index.shtml :thumbsup:

"An interesting bit of information, and proof of just how deep Hibernian runs in the Stanton family, Pat is the great, great nephew of Michael Whelahan, one of the two men who founded the mighty Hibernian FC in 1875. Whelahan was also the Hibees first ever captain."

:thumbsup:

Stantons Angel
12-11-2012, 04:25 PM

I have nominated him so many times in the past and am so chuffed that at last he can take his place as one of the GREATEST players in SCOTLAND!

It is long overdue and would have been presented years ago if he had been wearing the other colour of green shirt

Congratulations Pat!

ancient hibee
13-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Just in case anyone wants to nominate Joe:

1. First player to be picked by England while playing for a Scottish club.

2.Still the only British player to be transferred from a Scottish club to a top flight Italian club.

3.Scorer of over 100 goals on both sides of the border.

IWasThere2016
13-11-2012, 10:12 PM
My hero :not worth

superfurryhibby
15-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Long overdue, especially when you consider some of the past inductees.

When I was a boy Stanton was the King of Easter Road. He was playing midfield and had it all, pace, skill, determination and an eye for a goal. What makes this even more remarkable is that he was playing out of position during the Turnbull era! Pat has said many times that he preferred playing at the back and that was his natural position. Stanton and Blackley would have been an awesome partnership, although in saying that he would have been irreplacable in midfield.

I worshipped him as a laddie and when he left for Celtic I remember disbelief that Turnbull had actually ousted him, although it had been on the cards for a while. At least Pat got the medals he deserved in the season he played with the lessers.

My youngest laddie is named Patrick Stanton Taylor. The great man seemed a wee bit embarrassed when we met and I introduced the boy with his full moniker. The greatest player I've seen at Hibs and there's been more than a few