PDA

View Full Version : Today's ratings

FromTheCapital
11-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Williams (7) - Can't fully blame him for their goal as I think Hanlon should've put it out of the park but Williams didn't help, other than that thought he done very well.

Maybury (7) - Thought he dealt with Mackay-Steven well when he came on, his block was awesome aswell.

Hanlon (7) - Done well today, mix-up between him and Williams for the goal but in general, good performance.

McGivern (9) - Absolutely immense today, had Jon Daly in his back pocket all game, Superb.

Stevenson (8) - Didn't know how he would cope today but he was brilliant, also considering people might say he was out of position.

Wotherspoon (7) - Drifted in and out of the game, worked hard for the team.

Taiwo (7) - Best game so far IMO, worked well with Claros and got stuck in well.

Claros (9) - Magic performance, composed on the ball, rarely gives it away and is very hard working and good in the tackle.

Cairney (9) - Absolutely amazing performance, best Hibs game without doubt, contribued excellently for both goals and to top it off... he will probably be on Showboat on Soccer AM next week for his cheeky nutmeg for Doyle's goal.

Doyle (7) - Worked hard, got into good positions. Maybe his strength lets him down a touch but took his goal extremely well.

Griffiths (8) - Worked hard, created chances and scored again. He's only scored one less goal than the whole Hearts team this season. Get him signed Petrie!

SUBS

Sproule (6) - Wish he would look up once in a while but not going to get negative tonight, good pace and worked hard when he came on.

Kuqi (4) - Ermmm... his shot was a little bit, ermmmm..... weak?

Stanton (No Time).

Gutsy display and we'll be top for a week, happy Sunday Hibees! :thumbsup:

:hibees :flag: :pfgwa

Franck Stanton
11-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Williams (7) - Can't fully blame him for their goal as I think Hanlon should've put it out of the park but Williams didn't help, other than that thought he done very well.

Maybury (7) - Thought he dealt with Mackay-Steven well when he came on, his block was awesome aswell.

Hanlon (7) - Done well today, mix-up between him and Williams for the goal but in general, good performance.

McGivern (9) - Absolutely immense today, had Jon Daly in his back pocket all game, Superb.

Stevenson (8) - Didn't know how he would cope today but he was brilliant, also considering people might say he was out of position.

Wotherspoon (7) - Drifted in and out of the game, worked hard for the team.

Taiwo (7) - Best game so far IMO, worked well with Claros and got stuck in well.

Claros (9) - Magic performance, composed on the ball, rarely gives it away and is very hard working and good in the tackle.

Cairney (9) - Absolutely amazing performance, best Hibs game without doubt, contribued excellently for both goals and to top it off... he will probably be on Showboat on Soccer AM next week for his cheeky nutmeg for Doyle's goal.

Doyle (7) - Worked hard, got into good positions. Maybe his strength lets him down a touch but took his goal extremely well.

Griffiths (8) - Worked hard, created chances and scored again. He's only scored one less goal than the whole Hearts team this season. Get him signed Petrie!

SUBS

Sproule (6) - Wish he would look up once in a while but not going to get negative tonight, good pace and worked hard when he came on.

Kuqi (4) - Ermmm... his shot was a little bit, ermmmm..... weak?

Stanton (No Time).

Gutsy display and we'll be top for a week, happy Sunday Hibees! :thumbsup:

:hibees :flag: :pfgwa

Would agree with all of the above other than saying Williams not at fault for Unt's goal. Thought Hanlon did well shepherding the Unt player away from goal and Williams should have just blootered the ball upfield/out the park, instead caught in two minds and did neither. Just my opinion like.

FromTheCapital
11-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Would agree with all of the above other than saying Williams not at fault for Unt's goal. Thought Hanlon did well shepherding the Unt player away from goal and Williams should have just blootered the ball upfield/out the park, instead caught in two minds and did neither. Just my opinion like.
Everyone's allowed an opinion mate, I think Hanlon should've cleared it earlier but Williams didn't help with his explosion touch... as long as we score more than we concede in games... that will do! :greengrin

SMAXXA
11-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Did anyone else see Kuqi ragdoll one of the UTD players prior to UTD getting a freekick against him when I think the boy just ran into him :greengrin

He had a comical shot but he is some unit I tell ya, im sure he will have a part to play this season, just a shame he wont get much game time (for him) as griff and doyler are doing so well and staying injury / suspension free, touch wood

green glory
11-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Did anyone else see Kuqi ragdoll one of the UTD players prior to UTS getting a freekick against him when I think the boy just ran into him :greengrin

He had a comical shot but he is some unit I tell ya, im sure he will have a part to play this season, just a shame he wont get much game time (for him) as griff and doyler are doing so well and staying injury / suspension free, touch wood

The United players were just bouncing off him.

hibee_girl
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Williams 6 - He tried to be too smart and it cost us, he did have a number of good catches though so not all bad

Maybury 7 - played well
Hanlon 7 - would have been more if not for the mix up with Williams
McGivern 9 - pretty solid, had a good partnership with Stevenson
Stevenson 8 - had a great game, especially when you consider he's not played a full 90 for months

Wotherspoon 8 - thought he played really well yet again
Cairney 9 - amazing from him today, he is some player
Claros 9 - he gets better every week, he controlled that midfield with ease in 1st half
Taiwo 7 - better than last week

Doyle 8 - worked hard, fantastic strike for his goal and perfect pass for Griffiths' goal
Griffiths 9 - excellent goal

Subs:

Kuqi 4 - wasn't overly impressed with him, kept giving ball away
Sproule 6 - thought he did really well in the short time he was on, much better than we've seen from him lately
Stanton 2 - didn't really have time to make an impact.

hibbymick
11-11-2012, 07:13 PM
I thought wotherspoon worked his socks of backtracking and doubling up wi maybury. My man o the match.

tomhorn
11-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Kuqi doesnt look anywhere near fit. Would have preffered to have one of the youngsters on as pace was causing utd problems. Because we won though, no biggie.

Billy Whizz
11-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Kuqi doesnt look anywhere near fit. Would have preffered to have one of the youngsters on as pace was causing utd problems. Because we won though, no biggie.

I think Fenlon through him on as the ball wasn't sticking late on when we got forward.

SMAXXA
11-11-2012, 07:24 PM
I thought wotherspoon worked his socks of backtracking and doubling up wi maybury. My man o the match.

Not for me, FWIW I thought this was one of his quieter games but felt he did ok, all players are gona have games where they just do a job and not set the heather on fire so im more than happy with this. Agree he worked hard and thats the minimum you can ask for and he has proven so far this season his quality is there so no issue, a solid 7 probably IMO.

Strangley I thought Cairney was pretty quiet in the first half and didnt do much (goal contribution aside) but second half he ws much better. Love when he gets the ball in the last third and has a go at a player, hes been class.

SMAXXA
11-11-2012, 07:27 PM
I think Fenlon through him on as the ball wasn't sticking late on when we got forward.

I agree and also we were getting trouble at set peices against and his defensive work in terms of height and presence was another factor.

Fenlons been brilliant, even bringing on Stanton late on not just to eat up time but to give the lad a run out and experience. I have been very impressed with his choice of squad and subs this season, Caldwell, Handling, Harris, Stanton etc all being involved and dipped in and out, top marks.

hibsbollah
11-11-2012, 07:29 PM

Kuqi has never BEEN fit in his whole career by the looks of him :greengrin He's doing no harm at the moment trundling about for the last 7 minutes of games, he'll pass on some experience to the young strikers and his massive bulk will help keep the playing surface nice and flat for the winter months.

SMAXXA
11-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Kuqi has never BEEN fit in his whole career by the looks of him :greengrin He's doing no harm at the moment trundling about for the last 7 minutes of games, he'll pass on some experience to the young strikers and his massive bulk will help keep the playing surface nice and flat for the winter months.

Shhhhh Hearts will be all over him in January, the striker they keep bleeding on about and that groundsman help on match days they were advertising :greengrin

JollyGreenGiant
11-11-2012, 07:35 PM
tbh I was a little worried when I heard there was no McPake and Clancy, but I thought the defence was solid today, and I can't remember the last time I thought that. Hanlon and McGivern coped with everything in the air, Big Ben managed to clutch or punch most balls, and Stevenson and Maybury made some timely tackles.

Ok, there was the one howler, but apart from that I thought we defended brilliantly right to the end :top marks

GGTTH

berwickhibee
11-11-2012, 07:37 PM

spot on bud,spoony played an unselfish game for the good of the team:thumbsup:

jon paul jones
11-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Shhhhh Hearts will be all over him in January, the striker they keep bleeding on about and that groundsman help on match days they were advertising :greengrin

Pat is saving the Cookie monster for a 15 minute cameo against the Yams in December and January scoring one important goal. Think about it. he will lumber around until he gets his jotters but make one genius contribution to the cause. Footballing gods have said so

AlbertK86
11-11-2012, 09:03 PM
John Rankin - 0

He played how he did when he played for us .... P15h

Hardly touched the ball in the first half

HibeeN
11-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Pat is saving the Cookie monster for a 15 minute cameo against the Yams in December and January scoring one important goal. Think about it. he will lumber around until he gets his jotters but make one genius contribution to the cause. Footballing gods have said so

:agree: I said today he is going to be the new Konte. Hibs fans aren't ready to appreciate his footballing genius and will lambast him until he scored a spectacular effort in the style of the Mali Magician. Then he will forever be known as a legend. :thumbsup:

Mon Dieu4
11-11-2012, 09:24 PM
:agree: I said today he is going to be the new Konte. Hibs fans aren't ready to appreciate his footballing genius and will lambast him until he scored a spectacular effort in the style of the Mali Magician. Then he will forever be known as a legend. :thumbsup:

we have been devoid of any real class for so so long that i think we have forgotten what a player looks like!!

I'd like to see them maximise the resources already at our disposal. I'd genuinely like to see Kuqi get a run in the team

hfc rd
11-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Williams - 6 - Only criticism I had of Ben was the goal. He should have booted it up the park or out of play. But other than that, a safe pair of hands. Best GK we have had in a very long time.

Maybury - 7 - Solid as a rock. Thought he defended really well and made some crucial interceptions. Was s****** myself when Mackay-Steven came on but thought Maybury did well against him and used all his experience to help the young lads at the back.

Hanlon - 8 - What a different player from last season. At first, I thought he was going to struggle without Mcpake beside him. But he just looked like a natural leader out there. Won't surprise me if he's away in January to the Championship. Still young and he is just going to get better and better.

McGivern - 9 - Different class. I personally think he is the best defender in the league. If their is any other defender in the league that is better, then I'd like to know who it is. He had that Johnny Russell in his back pocket. He's only 22, but he plays as if he is 28-29. He looks so intelligent when he plays. The young lad sitting behind me was chanting away every time he touched the ball "Petrie sign him up". But to tell you the truth, he just looks far too good for this level. Only a matter of time before he is plying his trade in the EPL.

Stevenson - 7 - Thought he did really well at LB. Nice, neat and very tidy. Nothing fancy and getting stuck in when required. Paddy seems to have got the confidence back into wee Lewis. A typical good hardworking display from Stevenson.

Wotherspoon - 8 - He's just so exciting to watch. Was tearing the dun utd left back to shreds. Great to see him getting his confidence back and playing the way when he first broke into the 1st team under Yogi in 09/10. Please give him a contract renewal now as the thought of losing him for nothing at the end of the season is pretty scary.

Claros - 9 - Absolutely brilliant. What a difference from last season! Strolled through the game and had Rankin in his back pocket. Really has well and truly shut up all his doubters including myself. Also good to see him p****** off skatchel at the end. Jorge is definitely destined for big things in the future. I really hope we can sign him up but think his parent club will be looking for a big chunky transfer fee.

Taiwo - 7 - Really improving after each passing game. Getting fitter and is going to improve as his fitness returns. Made some good passes and interceptions today. Links up well with the team and is going to be an important player for us as the season goes on.

Cairney - 9 - Tremendous performance. What a find from Paddy. His dribbling was ripping the opposition today. What a pass through the gap for the opening goal. Thought his performance merited a goal as he was terrific. Shocking decision by Thomson to book him as the utd players were nowhere near away from the corner flag. Destined for big things, that's for sure.

Doyle - 8 - At first I thought he was just an average player. But in all honesty, he looks a great find. He holds the ball up so well and finds a lot of space for himself to create chances. An excellent cross for the opening goal and a great finish for the decisive second. Linked up really well in attack. A very good performance.

Griffiths - 9 - Once again, super Leigh shows his class in front of goal. Those type of shots can get mis-kicked very easily but Leigh's looked very well controlled with power right into the roof of the net. Such a valuable member of this team. We wouldn't really be in this position if you take Leigh's goals away. He's such a vital member of this team. Please Petrie, sign him up now before its too late.

Kuqi - 4 - Simply awful. Fair enough he looks as if he needs games to get up to match sharpness. But he just looks so clumsy.

Sproule - 5 - A couple of runs but that was just about it. Their was one great chance when we hit them on the counter and all Ivan had to do was, get his head up and see that Kuqi was all on his own on the other side and give him the ball to wrap up the points. Instead took a shot that went wide.

Stanton - N/A - Not enough time to be given a rating.

hibee_girl
11-11-2012, 09:36 PM
John Rankin - 0

He played how he did when he played for us .... P15h

Hardly touched the ball in the first half

Genuinely didn't realise Rankin was playing until half way through the 2nd half!

Tha Cabbage Kid
12-11-2012, 06:34 AM

i felt the same. i thought that williams should have delt with the ball.