PDA

View Full Version : That's entertainment

inglisavhibs
11-11-2012, 05:25 PM
What a great ame of football today. Full marks to United as well as they contributed hugely.i thought when I saw the line up we would have struggled but until the error Hibs were excellent today. After the error it was always going to be backs to the wall. I thought all the Hibs players were heroes today and our two goals were worth the admission money alone.

Mr White
11-11-2012, 05:36 PM
yup great entertainment, both good goals but 2nd especially was a cracker, great passing move before pc's nutmeg and a quality finish. Great to see hibs playing and scoring like that again.

Mikey
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
The game changed completely on one mistake. Would have been a good game for the neutrals.

Pretty Boy
11-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Armageddon!

SaulGoodman
11-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Said that when I thought united were going to equalise 'At least it's been a good game'

dodemac
11-11-2012, 07:37 PM
This was my first game of the season due to being skint.
The difference from last year was that we looked organised, fit and playing for each other.
Two great goals, a decent keeper (apart from their goal) and a good atmosphere.
A massive well done to the management team for turning us around.

JollyGreenGiant
11-11-2012, 07:38 PM
Thought the fans played their part today :thumbsup:encouraging the team right to the final whistle.

What a difference from last season, actually looking forward to going to each game

:flag:

The Harp Awakes
11-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Thought the fans played their part today :thumbsup:encouraging the team right to the final whistle.

What a difference from last season, actually looking forward to going to each game

:flag:

Spirit, guts and determination mate. It was there in abundance today. Nowhere to be seen last season. Loved the skacel, villain of the panto stuff. Good on him he's a class act and we'd love him if he was a hibby. Felt a bit like a throw back to the 80s when the crowd was baying for souness' blood. Fantastic entertainment.

Mr White
11-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Am I right in thinking that we've yet to receive a red card this season? Given the improvement in commitment and application that seems a bit surprising given how bad disciplines been the last few years when the commitment was less evident in the team. Strange one.

Spike Mandela
11-11-2012, 08:30 PM
Am I right in thinking that we've yet to receive a red card this season? Given the improvement in commitment and application that seems a bit surprising given how bad disciplines been the last few years when the commitment was less evident in the team. Strange one.

Well that's the kiss of ****ing death!!:rolleyes::wink:

Mr White
11-11-2012, 08:34 PM
We'll we've passed the Thomson test (twice) but yeah maybe I should have kept that thought to myself! I'm putting some money on a red for us at dens.

IberianHibernian
11-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Watched online so missed first 20 minutes ( new Hibs TV ) before realising game was available on old Hibs TV but in 70 minutes got more entertainment than in most games in 90 . Excellent match with two very good teams and great to see Hibs not only win but also play some entertaining football . Really hope we can keep on loan players till end of season and if not can bring in some players who`ll integrate quickly - the present success is more down to good team spirit and organisation than individual skill ( Griffiths apart ) .

ehf
11-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Shout To The Top!

Two great goals, the first probably the best I've seen at ER since Michael O'Neill's v Motherwell nearly 20 years ago, the second not far behind.

We were a bit lucky overall, but the spirit and determination, the fitness levels, the belief, the engagement with, and support from, the crowd, were in a different stratosphere from recent seasons. Regardless of what is happening to our deluded, arrogant, hubristic city rivals, it's a great time to be a Hibby!

Well done Fenlon and the boys - keep it going!

GGTTH

Monopolyguy
12-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Not been to as many games as i would've liked to have been over the years, mainly due to financial reasons or work commitments (Had to work nearly every weekend for the past 5 years). But it was great being back at ER today.

The atmosphere was great in the East Stand, and it just goes to show you how good our supporters have been that we can still get a decent turnout and get behind the team on the back of that defeat in May.

I know theres been a few posts about the lack of support at Easter road, but i doubt the ****s would even get half the support we've had, had they been getting the same results we've been getting the past few years.

GGTTH.

matty_f
12-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Really enjoyed the game, thought the atmosphere was class and we got 3 points.

What's not to like? :greengrin

CalgaryHibs
12-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Spirit, guts and determination mate. It was there in abundance today. Nowhere to be seen last season. Loved the skacel, villain of the panto stuff. Good on him he's a class act and we'd love him if he was a hibby. Felt a bit like a throw back to the 80s when the crowd was baying for souness' blood. Fantastic entertainment.

Totally agree with these thoughts. No 51 is still a bum!

CalgaryHibs
12-11-2012, 01:24 AM
Plus Sparky seams to be getting better n better with his goals, first one today was fantastic (rite of the training pitch )

monktonharp
12-11-2012, 02:01 AM
Not been to as many games as i would've liked to have been over the years, mainly due to financial reasons or work commitments (Had to work nearly every weekend for the past 5 years). But it was great being back at ER today.

The atmosphere was great in the East Stand, and it just goes to show you how good our supporters have been that we can still get a decent turnout and get behind the team on the back of that defeat in May.

I know theres been a few posts about the lack of support at Easter road, but i doubt the ****s would even get half the support we've had, had they been getting the same results we've been getting the past few years.

GGTTH.:agree:have always thought that for years.the Hibs support has been the most loyal, in Scotland for such a long time. other clubs, if the'd had so much dissapointments as we have, would never match us. (no names mentioned).I fancy a real good turnout from Hibernian fans at Dundee.we've not been there for years, we love the fact that Hearts dinnae like Dens for some reason, and were top o' the league!