PDA

View Full Version : Question Fenlon's best signing?

Northernhibee
11-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Omitted Sparky as technically he was signed under Calderwood (once Airey was injured, mind you).

I've gone for Ben Williams. The odd mistake aside, he's been great for us. If he eradicated those mistakes he'd be playing at a much higher level than the SPL.

KingFranck
11-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Cairney for me his performances have been faultless and great to have in the midfield

YehButNoBut
11-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Easily Cairney for me and hopefully he can find a few more like him lurking in Div 1. :thumbsup:

hibee_girl
11-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Claros

Though I have to say I have always been impressed with Doyle, I think he's a very clever football player.

sbell1875
11-11-2012, 05:45 PM
I've no doubt it'll end up being Sparky, Doyler or Cairney who'll end up top in this but I voted for Ben Williams. Although he's cost a couple of silly goals some of the the saves he has made in games at often vital points in the match and score lines have been outstanding.

Easily the best goalkeeper we've had IMO since Danny Anderson and / or Nick Colgan.

PeeJay
11-11-2012, 05:47 PM
It's Doyle for me - didn't rate him much to start with, but he's improving by leaps and bounds - think he has a lot more to offer us as well...

iwasthere1972
11-11-2012, 05:52 PM
I was going to say himself until he made that back pass to Williams to let Dundee United score their goal.

Seriously. A toss up between Cairney and Williams and Cairney just edges it for me. A wee workhorse. Great energy levels and some great assists.

wookie70
11-11-2012, 05:53 PM
I went for Cairney as I think he is the best at the moment. I was tempted to go for McPake as he seems to have brought the right attitude but I dont rate him as highly as others do. Griffith has the abilty to go right to the top and Williams has been important too. I eally like Doyle too but I think the important thing is the way the team are linking. That is never down to a single player and I think it has been more the getting a good group than any single player which has changed Hibs.

euansdad
11-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Williams, very solid keeper which we have even short of lately

Elephant Stone
11-11-2012, 05:55 PM
A very, very had choice. Which is delightful. He's built a very good team.

jane_says
11-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Who the f*** voted for Matt Doherty.

Cairney for me

stormchild
11-11-2012, 07:09 PM
I've no doubt it'll end up being Sparky, Doyler or Cairney who'll end up top in this but I voted for Ben Williams. Although he's cost a couple of silly goals some of the the saves he has made in games at often vital points in the match and score lines have been outstanding.

Easily the best goalkeeper we've had IMO since Danny Anderson and / or Nick Colgan.
Clancy for me. It's shown over the last few games when he's been injured that it takes two or three players to cover his position. Spoony is always having to drop deep to cover maybury leaving us with less cover in midfield.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-11-2012, 07:14 PM
James McPake for me. The confidence that is spreading through the team is down the way that he leads.

hibsbollah
11-11-2012, 07:31 PM
The important thing is that EIGHT of those players have genuine claims to be Fenlons best signing.
I went for Paul Cairney but by a bawhair from a few others...

I could get accused of hyperbole here, but i genuinely think Fenlon is our best manager in terms of the transfer market in modern times (well, since ive been watching anyway). His success rate% of bringing in quality while spending next to no money is nothing short of phenomenal.

lobster
11-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Paulo De Cairneyo. :agree:

PatHead
11-11-2012, 07:36 PM
McPake as he set the standard and is a genuine leader. Good to have a choice though.

One Day Soon
11-11-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm just so frikkin excited I can't give a sensible answer. We're top of the league! It's like being 15 again. Love it.

Stuarty1875
11-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Cairney for me. Hopefully our scouting network can unearth more gems like him.

SaulGoodman
11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Kujabi. Is it weird that auto-corrects to 'liability' on my phone? :greengrin

Franck Stanton
11-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Dont think Pat has made a bad signing [ talking about since close-season, not the imposters we had on loan last season], lot of posters picking different players - Williams - McPake - Claros, ALL been really good signings however,.....voted for Cairney, been a relevation for us, shades the award imo

wandering_hibee
11-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Really hard one this, but probably the best one was the day that he signed on the dotted line himself. Putting together the best Hibs team that I have seen in a long time.

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Williams cost us another goal today, he has a terrible habit of costing us goals. Everything else he does, he does it well, but he has made far too many mistakes that have directly resulted in a goal. He has to stop this, and in my opinion it rules him out completely.

Claros has emerged as a player we just must have in our team, so he gets my vote.

FromTheCapital
11-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Wish I could pick two!

Cairney has been truely sublime this season and completely faultless!

But...

JAMES MCPAKE! THE MAN IS A LEGEND! :not worth

Long Time Hibee
11-11-2012, 08:45 PM
James McPake for me but like others, very difficult. Cairney (who was brilliant today) was a close second , Williams, Claros and Doyle as well. Deegan had also been playing well so its a nice problem to have. Plus he's clearly now getting the best out of Leigh. Lets not get carried away but how nice is it to be talking about good players and sitting top of the league.:thumbsup:

The_Exile
11-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Voted for Williams but there's nothing between him and Cairney for this poll. To think, Fenlon has only had 2 transfer windows to work in, I always said it would take 2 or 3 to get "his team" so to speak, incredible results so far, and to think people were questioning Fenlon's appointment and record before he had the chance to get his own players in, incredible!

sbell1875
11-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Williams cost us another goal today, he has a terrible habit of costing us goals. Everything else he does, he does it well, but he has made far too many mistakes that have directly resulted in a goal. He has to stop this, and in my opinion it rules him out completely.

Claros has emerged as a player we just must have in our team, so he gets my vote.

I have to disagree slightly. I felt it was a collection of errors starting with Hanlon's poor and under hit back pass, William's heavy touch instead of just punting it and Maybury not being alert to who was around him once it broke.

I'll give the boy his due though. He was alert and it was a very composed finish.

S.sct
11-11-2012, 09:16 PM
McPake, we needed a leader, can think of any failures though (forgetting some of the last minute loanees last season).