PDA

View Full Version : Paul Cairney

YehButNoBut
11-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Thought he deserved a thread of his own.

There were a lot of great performances today but for me he was the outstanding player on the field. :top marks

Had a hand in both goals and has been a real find for us this season.

How many goals has he created or helped create this season anyone know?

A great signing by Fenlon and shows he has an eye for a player, hopefully he has spotted a few more to add to the squad shortly.

Well done Paul and at 25 I'm looking forward to many more great performances for Hibs in the years ahead. :thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
My thoughts exactly. :thumbsup:

bingo70
11-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Can't be far off getting international recognition.

thebakerboy
11-11-2012, 05:21 PM
The nutmeg to set up 2nd. goal was superb , has he been watching Mr Fenlon at training.

HibeeN
11-11-2012, 05:23 PM
5 assists so far (which is joint top with Matthews, Shinnie and Fraser) but has helped create a lot more than that. When he goes forward we always look dangerous, and some of the balls he plays in are just excellent.

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Brilliant find. It was about time we plunged the lower leagues for players when you can find gems like Cairney.

Mark79
11-11-2012, 05:33 PM

I think he has been excellent but his lack of pace might hamper his chances of a call up imho,

PeterboroHibee
11-11-2012, 05:35 PM

Griffiths has been in brilliant form this season and is the SPL top scorer yet cant get in, I wouldnt hold out much hope for Cairney (even though I would agree they both deserve it).

Im delighted with the signing of Cairney though, hes probably my favourite player at Hibs at the moment and should be evidence that we should be looking in the lower leagues of Scotland for more players!

Matty_Jack04
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
I think he has been excellent but his lack of pace might hamper his chances of a call up imho,

Caldwell Adam and snodgrass will be praying you don't get the job mate :wink:

sbell1875
11-11-2012, 05:39 PM
My girlfriend was at her first game today and on seeing Cairney for the first time she said "who's that chunky monkey?"

The energy levels the lad has are exceptional and yet again he was outstanding today.

Matty_Jack04
11-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Griffiths has been in brilliant form this season and is the SPL top scorer yet cant get in, I wouldnt hold out much hope for Cairney (even though I would agree they both deserve it).

Im delighted with the signing of Cairney though, hes probably my favourite player at Hibs at the moment and should be evidence that we should be looking in the lower leagues of Scotland for more players!

Partick must have a couple more there having a good season despite loosing cairney

Scorrie
11-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Brilliant find. It was about time we plunged the lower leagues for players when you can find gems like Cairney.

Agree 100 per cent. There are some really good players there who could play SPL. Better than getting in some dross from English League 1 or 2. Cairney has been a superb signing.

Mark79
11-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Caldwell Adam and snodgrass will be praying you don't get the job mate :wink:

Aye but reason they play is because if you play in the epl you are automatically outstanding. Hutton is epl but not even getting a game at 1st team level but gets picked.

matty_f
11-11-2012, 07:14 PM
I thought he was terrific again today. Great signing!

thebakerboy
11-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Only complaint about the wee man is that he does not seem to have confidence to shoot often enough. Apart from helping to set up 2 goals he had at least 2 good chances today and passed the ball to someone in a poorer position . SHOOT SON you can do it and then you will be a star.

reidy
11-11-2012, 07:29 PM
we are most dangerous when he links up leigh and doyle going forward

Mark79
11-11-2012, 07:37 PM
When does his contract expire?

Franck Stanton
11-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Great wee player, truly gifted and going by his pre-season comments is truly happy to be playing for us. Best signing for years. :top marks

The Harp
11-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Superb performance again today from Paul and a merited man of the match award. Hope Pat is monitoring his progress contract-wise.:pray:

Billy Whizz
11-11-2012, 07:53 PM
When does his contract expire?

Think we signed him on a 2 year deal

Makaveli
11-11-2012, 08:40 PM
At the moment he's the best player in Scotland when one-on-one with a full-back IMO. Great to watch. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
He was excellent again, non stop running, and a hand in both goals....

basehibby
11-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Think we signed him on a 2 year deal

I thought it was 3 :confused:

Billy Whizz
11-11-2012, 09:25 PM
I thought it was 3 :confused:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Cairney#section_1

HibeeMG
12-11-2012, 04:33 AM
He reminds me of John O'Neil.

monktonharp
12-11-2012, 04:51 AM
Thought he deserved a thread of his own.

There were a lot of great performances today but for me he was the outstanding player on the field. :top marks

Had a hand in both goals and has been a real find for us this season.

How many goals has he created or helped create this season anyone know?

A great signing by Fenlon and shows he has an eye for a player, hopefully he has spotted a few more to add to the squad shortly.

Well done Paul and at 25 I'm looking forward to many more great performances for Hibs in the years ahead. :thumbsup:no way are you just 25:greengrin but on a serious note, he has been the find of the season.cant recall anytime when he's not given 100% effort and most of it has been very good.

worcesterhibby
12-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Definitely worth his own thread. He has been brilliant so far in a Hibs jersey and it's very refreshing to have us sign a quality Scottish player from a lower leagues. There have been too many Caldwell style English leagues rejects turning up in recent years. managers should have more faith in Scottish football talent and it seems that PF does.

leithsansiro
12-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Possibly my favourite Scottish midfielder for Hibs since the great Pat McGinlay. Probably similar in terms of the attributes too actually. Great find, just goes to show that there are decent players outwith the SPL and shows just why teams should look in this country rather look abroad for new signings all the time.

Hiber-nation
12-11-2012, 05:02 PM

Didn't stop Darren Barr!

LeighLoyal
12-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Possibly my favourite Scottish midfielder for Hibs since the great Pat McGinlay. Probably similar in terms of the attributes too actually. Great find, just goes to show that there are decent players outwith the SPL and shows just why teams should look in this country rather look abroad for new signings all the time.

I hope he sticks around at Hibs for as long as McGinlay did, too. :aok:

euansdad
12-11-2012, 05:25 PM
The nutmeg to set up 2nd. goal was superb , has he been watching Mr Fenlon at training.

Absolutely brilliant to set up the second. Was class

YehButNoBut
12-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Absolutely brilliant to set up the second. Was class

So worth watching again, Cairney has great ability to take a man on and always seems to pick the right pass, this was a superb goal. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d19DWOKD-qI&feature=plcp

YehButNoBut
12-11-2012, 05:47 PM
And let's not forget his part in the 1st goal. The pass to Doyle was superb, so perfectly weighted that he didn't have to break his stride and put in a great cross for Sparky, another superb goal. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaHC-GBDqfw&feature=relmfu

Speedway
12-11-2012, 08:33 PM
He's been my favourite right from the start.

At the St Mirren game, I was screaming for us to get the ball to him because we weren't doing it much but every time we did, Cairney made something happen.

Great wee player.

JollyGreenGiant
12-11-2012, 09:51 PM
The nutmeg was quality, he made it look so easy :top marks