PDA

View Full Version : Ryan McGivern today

DaveF
11-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Thought he was outstanding. Really hopeful that we can keep him but I would imagine he's destined for a higher standard.

Danderhall Hibs
11-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Thought he was outstanding. Really hopeful that we can keep him but I would imagine he's destined for a higher standard.

He was excellent. Hope we can keep him for the season but he'll be in the Championship before long.

HoboHarry
11-11-2012, 02:54 PM
I said on a different thread a number of weeks ago that if he stayed until seasons end he would be our player of the year.

Alan62
11-11-2012, 02:56 PM
He was excellent. I don't think it would do him any harm to see out the season with Hibs. He needs games to show how good a player he is. Sure, he'll be away in the summer bound for bigger wages and a higher standard but if I was his agent, I'd be looking to build on the reputation he's gaining at Hibs.

semaj64
11-11-2012, 02:57 PM

:thumbsup: stepped up to the mark

lucky
11-11-2012, 02:58 PM
MoM today. Played Daily very well

HibeeN
11-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Stepped in and gave a brilliant performance - hope James was watching carefully haha. He is very composed and wins most of his balls, knows when to play it and when to just blooter it away. Really really pleased with him today, would have been MOTM if it wasn't for Cairney.

danhibees1875
11-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Him and Griffiths are going to be hard to hold on to in January. Would really love to see us get them on permanent deals even with an agreement that when atop English club comes in we won't stop them.

RP should gamble on those two - we'll get the money back plus dividends in a couple of years easy.

hungryhibs
11-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Really good performance from him the day solid and good in the air well done to the whole team :pfgwa

GreenArmyyy!
11-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Fantastic attitude for a loanee compared to last seasons jokers.

Macaroon
11-11-2012, 03:23 PM
I said on a different thread a number of weeks ago that if he stayed until seasons end he would be our player of the year.

I think Griffiths is a higher priority to sign on till season's end. So if we do get McGivern for longer I think that Leigh will have something to say about the POTY award.

The_Sauz
11-11-2012, 03:32 PM
He was excellent. Hope we can keep him for the season but he'll be in the Championship before long.

Why do you think that?
Remember he as been out on loan a few times before he came here yet nobody wanted him on a permanent basis. If he is happy here and likes working with Pat, then why not stay here for 2/3 years!:agree:

steviehibsleith
11-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Thought he was great today always composed and comfortable on the ball - and showed fight and agression as well.
May give Fenlon a decision to make when Mcpake is back IMO Mcgivern and Mcpake are his 2 CB but will he drop Hanlon though as he cannot play wingback.
If all fit my back four would be Clancy Mcpake Mcgivern Maybury.

truehibernian
11-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Best I've seen any central pairing deal with Daly and Russell for a long time. McGivern's reading of crosses is excellent - three times he got in front of his man to get his foot on the ball ahead of Daly/Russell - so composed and calm, exactly what that back four today needed.

Bob Box Fish
11-11-2012, 03:51 PM
He was fantastic today. A winner.

Danderhall Hibs
11-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Why do you think that?
Remember he as been out on loan a few times before he came here yet nobody wanted him on a permanent basis. If he is happy here and likes working with Pat, then why not stay here for 2/3 years!:agree:

Why? One word - money.

down-the-slope
11-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Thought he was great today always composed and comfortable on the ball - and showed fight and agression as well.
May give Fenlon a decision to make when Mcpake is back IMO Mcgivern and Mcpake are his 2 CB but will he drop Hanlon though as he cannot play wingback.

Taking last 5 games into account it would be McPake looking to get back in as he has been shakey to say the least (I think his long term back issues are probably the cause)

Ell_Chrisso
11-11-2012, 04:06 PM
Thought he should have been given MOTM tbh

inglisavhibs
11-11-2012, 04:07 PM
No way will Hanlon be dropped. Hanlon is one of the best young left centre backs in the league. I had to leave the game early today for personal reasons but up to that point he was excellent against very good players.

Planet Hibs
11-11-2012, 04:13 PM
He was excellent today, gets better with every game and if we keep him beyond jan will b very happy

NOLA
11-11-2012, 04:13 PM
too good for us i feel. :tin hat:

jane_says
11-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Fantastic attitude for a loanee compared to last seasons jokers.

This.

Matt Doherty or Ryan McGivern?

heretoday
11-11-2012, 04:45 PM
He was excellent and looked as though he was relishing it too which is a bonus! Cairney good.

Wasn't very impressed with Claros despite TV commentator raving about him.

Gala Foxes
11-11-2012, 04:54 PM
immense performance

steviehibsleith
11-11-2012, 04:55 PM
No way will Hanlon be dropped. Hanlon is one of the best young left centre backs in the league. I had to leave the game early today for personal reasons but up to that point he was excellent against very good players.
So you missed his mistake leading to there goal then. Also you state young he will be 23 in January which i agree isnt old but think its time to stop using this as a excuse for his mistakes bearing in mind he has over 100 appearances for hibs.
i am not saying he is abad player just i would play mcpake and mcgivern as my 2 CBs

euansdad
11-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Very good player, enjoy him as long ad he is here

lucky
11-11-2012, 05:06 PM
He played very well. Hope Hibs can sign him up to the end of the season at least.

Hermit Crab
11-11-2012, 05:10 PM
He was fantastic today. A winner.

This

TornadoHibby
11-11-2012, 06:29 PM
He was excellent and looked as though he was relishing it too which is a bonus! Cairney good.

Then you weren't at the game today and didn't watch it on tv either IMO! :confused: :rolleyes:

Claros was outstanding AGAIN today! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Then you weren't at the game today and didn't watch it on tv either IMO! :confused: :rolleyes:

:agree: I watched on the telly, and he was superb. My man of the match, closely followed by McGivern. No player got less than a 7 from me. :thumbsup:

inglisavhibs
11-11-2012, 06:40 PM
So you missed his mistake leading to there goal then. Also you state young he will be 23 in January which i agree isnt old but think its time to stop using this as a excuse for his mistakes bearing in mind he has over 100 appearances for hibs.
i am not saying he is abad player just i would play mcpake and mcgivern as my 2 CBs
His part in the goal was around 20%, his pass back reached Williams in plenty time for him to clear it. He is young for a centre back but he has improved a bundle this season. You say play McPake who I like by the way, but made more mistakes in one game last week than Paul has made in a month, did you just forget about them?

The Harp Awakes
11-11-2012, 06:47 PM

Claros was immense. Always holds the ball and finds a man. Such an important player for us:aok:

ronaldo7
11-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Special mention for the two centre backs today. They held Daly all day long, and he's normally bullying and intimidating centre halfs. They kept Jonny Russell quiet too.

Viva Jorge too. Simpy fantastic.

Paisley Hibby
11-11-2012, 07:25 PM

Sorry, got to agree with the others who said he was great today. Another one we need to pull out the stops to keep beyond January even if just to the end of this season.

YehButNoBut
13-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Man City keeping tabs on him it seems.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2012/November/Loan-watch-13-November

Liked this quote by Ryan from the article.

City and Northern Ireland defender Ryan McGivern was in a buoyant mood after his Hibernian side clinched a third-successive win to see off Dundee United.

Dundee’s Rudi Skacel had worn no.51 on the back of shirt, a reference to Hearts win over Hibs in the Scottish Cup last season but McGivern’s side were to have the last laugh.

“To be honest, he can do what he wants. He was on the losing side. If he has to do that to get a reaction out of the fans, then let him,” said McGivern, “we sent them home happy with the three points.” :thumbsup: