PDA

View Full Version : Better squad than we think?

Pretty Boy
11-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Victory today with 3 first picks missing, makeshift defence that, bar the goal, looked solid and we were always dangerous going forward.

Do we actually have a bit more strength in.depth than we give credit for? Don't get me wrong I think we need 2 or 3 in January but this isn't luck, we're a very decent team that's getting better.

semaj64
11-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Victory today with 3 first picks missing, makeshift defence that, bar the goal, looked solid and we were always dangerous going forward.

Do we actually have a bit more strength in.depth than we give credit for? Don't get me wrong I think we need 2 or 3 in January but this isn't luck, we're a very decent team that's getting better.

Good goals but lost a the shape a bit first 15 mins of 2nd half. thought could have had more effective subs, Doyle was struggling by the time Griffiths was taken off. Sproule needs to give himself a wee shake and make the most of his appearances

Fergus52
11-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Agree completely, McPake and Deegan are key players and Clancy has been very good, but we still looked the better side for most of the match against a strong team

brydekirk
11-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Well chuffed, good goals, some good passing and movement going forward. 3 points in the bag. GG

HoboHarry
11-11-2012, 03:13 PM
We are still light in defensive cover, look at the bench today. With McPake and Clancy out we are down to bare bones.

HibeeSince85
11-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Good win, this was a team missing two of the first choice back four.

PeterboroHibee
11-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Apart from the cock up for the goal, I thought the defence was excellent today. I think the squad is in pretty good shape, weve coped with what, 4 key injuries this season (Stevenson, Deegan, Clancy and McPake) without having a major slump in form. Id quite like another forward (whether a winger or a proper striker), but we seem to be doing alright with Caldwell and Kuqi as back up.

Onion
11-11-2012, 03:22 PM
We are still light in defensive cover, look at the bench today. With McPake and Clancy out we are down to bare bones.

:agree: Far too thin a squad for any club with ambitions for top 6 or even a Euro place. Hibs fans are paying top prices at ER, so should expect a top qual squad/team to watch. We've had the rub of the green recently and the team have found new levels of resolve, but we're still finding ourselves pinned back at the end of games at ER by the likes of St Mirren and St J.... and that ain't right.

Franck Stanton
11-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Think we could definately do with another forward either a tricky winger or a big c/forward. Kuqi, who I admit I wanted to start todays game, was a major dissapointment today when he came on. Looked very "ring-rusty" and could/should have done a lot more than he did. If we can keep McGiver till at least the end of the season would be happy with the defenxive cover, [ it's not often we will have two of our back 4 missing like today, and we still looked solid - goal apart]. Essential we keep all 3 of the loanees.

SMAXXA
11-11-2012, 04:04 PM
:agree: Far too thin a squad for any club with ambitions for top 6 or even a Euro place. Hibs fans are paying top prices at ER, so should expect a top qual squad/team to watch. We've had the rub of the green recently and the team have found new levels of resolve, but we're still finding ourselves pinned back at the end of games at ER by the likes of St Mirren and St J.... and that ain't right.

I'm not to sure we can be hopefull of anything more than the level of players we have at the moment given the cash situation. We have made huge progress and we all need to keep that in mind and not let the good start cloud things and start insisting on getting top quality players etc and going onto the next level as imo that's certainly not gona happen anytime soon.

Enjoy what we have

Fergus52
11-11-2012, 04:06 PM

Look how bare the other squads competing for a top 6 place are?

We have better depth than any other team except celtic and dundee utd.

I find the statement in bold completely idiotic when you look how thin the sqauds are of the teams around us in the league