PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2012, 03:43 PM
You have taken some stick over the years, but that was as good a performance from you as the cup final man of the match award. :top marks

Hibs7
11-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Couldn't fault him

PatHead
11-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Agree. Thought Maybury did well too. Particularly his blocked shot.

HibeeN
11-11-2012, 03:49 PM
He did really well. And good to see the support appreciate and encourage him, especially when he made that run all the way down the pitch in the second half.

hungryhibs
11-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Did he not start at left back when he come through the youth team well played

jodjam
11-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Some of the negative stuff pre match about the defence was amazing. Losing a captain will weaken teams. Some teams in this league would have to throw a kid in. We moved a young internationalist into the centre and recalled last years poty.

Both done very well

Seveno
11-11-2012, 04:17 PM
A good steady performance in what his not his natural position. Gave everything as usual. Well done Lewis.

Tricla
11-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Well done LS. Never let us down as usual.

Stantons Angel
11-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Good to see Lewis get some praise on here for his performance today.

Well done guys and well done Lewis!

PeterboroHibee
11-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Stevenson, amongst others, looks a completely different player this season. Fenlon seems to give them the confidence to go out and play, and it really helps their game!

hibee_girl
11-11-2012, 04:23 PM
He was fantastic today :agree:

hibee-shtuggie
11-11-2012, 04:25 PM
You have taken some stick over the years, but that was as good a performance from you as the cup final man of the match award. :top marks

Maybe I was watching a different game, but I thought McGivern carried Lewis throughout. Maybury should be first to drop out when Clancy/mcpake are back. Just my opinion like

Piqué
11-11-2012, 04:26 PM
He was never put under major pressure compared to Maybury on the other side but he was solid when he needed to be. Well done

GlesgaeHibby
11-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Maybe I was watching a different game, but I thought McGivern carried Lewis throughout. Maybury should be first to drop out when Clancy/mcpake are back. Just my opinion like

I concur, both were not a patch on Shefki Kuqi, what a player.

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2012, 04:35 PM

Can you explain to me how he carried him throughout the game? :confused:

The_Sauz
11-11-2012, 04:37 PM
I concur, both were not a patch on Shefki Kuqi, what a player.

LTYF

:na na:

hibee-shtuggie
11-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Can you explain to me how he carried him throughout the game? :confused:

A lot of the long balls to daly were when he drifted out to hibs LB position - probably a tactic from Houston. McGivern was beating both to the header at times tbh mate

Malthibby
11-11-2012, 04:42 PM
I thought McGivern's covering was planned, personally, to aloe Stevenson to cover one-up. Thought the wee man was good today,
which was a relief after his headless chicken cameo against St. Mirren.
He clearly still has a part to play in Fenlon's team, so he clearly has something & helped us win today.
GG

Number69
11-11-2012, 04:44 PM
Solid display, where did he get his pace from? He certainly didn't have it last season!

hibee_girl
11-11-2012, 04:47 PM

Funny, what I saw was a good partnership between the two, Stevenson was always there to cover when McGivern was pulled out of position and vice versa

hibee-shtuggie
11-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Funny, what I saw was a good partnership between the two, Stevenson was always there to cover when McGivern was pulled out of position and vice versa

Different points of view eh. Not trying to bash the laddie, was just surprised to see that people thought he was THAT good. Average performance in amongst great ones from McGivern and cairney. Partnership...well exactly my point. Stevenson wouldn't be getting the praise if it wasn't for McGivern.

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Different points of view eh. Not trying to bash the laddie, was just surprised to see that people thought he was THAT good. Average performance in amongst great ones from McGivern and cairney. Partnership...well exactly my point. Stevenson wouldn't be getting the praise if it wasn't for McGivern.

If you can point me in the direction of any off his mistakes, i'd love to hear about them? Average is not what i'd say about any of the players today. For me Claros and McGivern were teriffic, along with Cairney. The rest were very good, Stevenson amongst them.

hibsbollah
11-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Solid display, where did he get his pace from? He certainly didn't have it last season!

Stevenson was possibly our best player last season...i still think we might have got relegated without him holding our terrible midfield together. He's rightly behind Cairney, a massively improved Spoony and Claros, and Deegan this season but thats a reflection of the improvement in quality in MF. He's always been quick and hes still got plenty to offer as a squad player IMO.

hibee-shtuggie
11-11-2012, 05:07 PM
If you can point me in the direction of any off his mistakes, i'd love to hear about them? Average is not what i'd say about any of the players today. For me Claros and McGivern were teriffic, along with Cairney. The rest were very good, Stevenson amongst them.

I felt that he and maybury got a bit panicky towards end and had a slight 'hoof it anywhere' attitude instead of calming it down. I rember what you are talking about with the pace when he tapped in front of him down the left and was after it.

Well as you say I think there was about 7 hibs players ahead of him today in terms of performance. So from me, I'd have McGivern back out left when mcpake is back.

Taking nothing away, proud of the guys today but I think our best back four doesn't involve Stevenson

sbell1875
11-11-2012, 05:08 PM

I said something similar on the main MOTM thread.

Looked very composed and effective today. I still think he's a bit lightweight and backwards for holding midfield but was excellent today.

bingo70
11-11-2012, 05:10 PM

Thought he had an ok game but there was a point in the first half he let the utd boy run at him when he had the opportunity to get the tackle in, mcgivern had to empty the guy in the end and that's what Stevenson should have done at the start of the guys run.

hibee-shtuggie
11-11-2012, 05:14 PM
Thought he had an ok game but there was a point in the first half he let the utd boy run at him when he had the opportunity to get the tackle in, mcgivern had to empty the guy in the end and that's what Stevenson should have done at the start of the guys run.

Not the only time he had to do that, winning headers apart.

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2012, 05:24 PM

Yip i remember that, not a lot then? :greengrin

bingo70
11-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Yip i remember that, not a lot then? :greengrin

Nah, I think he was steady enough today, no real problems with him.

Wouldn't be raving about his performance though, certainly wasn't worthy of his own thread ;-)

hibee-shtuggie
11-11-2012, 05:36 PM

Wouldn't be raving about his performance though, certainly wasn't worthy of his own thread ;-)

That's all I was trying to suggest....to no avail

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2012, 05:39 PM

He gets enough of them when he's had a poor game, imo he did deserve one today.

bingo70
11-11-2012, 05:46 PM

I think the thing that gets me about him is that whenever he has an ok game it gets blown up into something better than that.

I think its probably cos he's such a pretty little *******, half the guys that post on here probably fancy him.

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I think the thing that gets me about him is that whenever he has an ok game it gets blown up into something better than that.

I think its probably cos he's such a pretty little *******, half the guys that post on here probably fancy him.

I will take your word for that. :confused:

Gala Foxes
11-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Lewis was excellent today

Taz_hibee
11-11-2012, 05:53 PM
THe whole team played well today IMO so lets just enjoy being top of the league

TornadoHibby
11-11-2012, 07:32 PM

Well said BH, Lewis started today after a while sitting on the bench and did a great job at LB for us today IMO! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Well said BH, Lewis started today after a while sitting on the bench and did a great job at LB for us today IMO! :agree:

He did play well, i cant remember them getting past him once today, in fact i can hardly remember them getting a cross in from his side? I admit i was worried when i saw the back 4 today, but both full backs did a very sound job, helped tremendously apart from one mistake by the 2 centre half's and the keeper. :top marks

Jonnyboy
11-11-2012, 09:06 PM

Totally agree bingo :agree: You've found the one thing he got badly wrong - congratulations :greengrin

Not the only time he had to do that, winning headers apart.

Could you remind us of all the others please?

Gosh, are you jealous of his looks now? :faf:

As you know I always defend him so well done to BH for giving me the chance :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Well done LS, might have let your head drop after being kept out of side, but when selected he always gives 100%....

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Well done to LS, he might have let his head drop after not being a regular in the side, but when called upon, always gives his all.....

SMAXXA
11-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Although I dont mind a thread when we are being positive about anything Hibs related or player related I do agree he wasnt anything worth raving about. I think what was most pleaseing was he hasnt played alot of games and he slotted in and done well just like a decent squad player should do. I guess taking that into consideration (im changing my mind here) he did do really well. I think he falls into the Maybury roll and is a good squad player who wont come in and weaken the team much if any.

Credit where its due he did well and a big well done from me.

Jonnyboy
11-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Although I dont mind a thread when we are being positive about anything Hibs related or player related I do agree he wasnt anything worth raving about. I think what was most pleaseing was he hasnt played alot of games and he slotted in and done well just like a decent squad player should do. I guess taking that into consideration (im changing my mind here) he did do really well. I think he falls into the Maybury roll and is a good squad player who wont come in and weaken the team much if any.

Credit where its due he did well and a big well done from me.

:greengrin Superb :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
11-11-2012, 09:33 PM
Well done LS, might have let your head drop after being kept out of side, but when selected he always gives 100%....

Well done to LS, he might have let his head drop after not being a regular in the side, but when called upon, always gives his all.....

Have you got a loan of TQM's phone? :greengrin

Leishy1995
11-11-2012, 09:35 PM
He done well, and I'm agreeing with BH for once.

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Have you got a loan of TQM's phone? :greengrin

Had too much sugar in my irn bru's, excitable and caffeined out:greengrin

weedgiehibbie
11-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Thought Lewis did well today, as did pretty much the whole team

was very impressed with Lewis last season - have always been a fan, glad to see him come back into the starting XI into the left back slot having had a spell out due to injury and not put a foot wrong :agree:

didnt know the wee guy had that kind of run in him we saw in the 2nd half!! :greengrin

ronaldo7
11-11-2012, 09:52 PM
Decent game today Lewis, and the lung bursting run in the second half got the crowd going. Well done.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Think he was decent today. Bit of a reach maybe to say that it was his best game since the LCF though. My opinion has always been that wee Lewis will miss the boat because he is too adaptable and when he is done filling in cos all the players he is covering for, are fit, he finds himself out of the team. Not sure that will change.

Shrekko
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
I don't think he'd ever be in my top 11, but it's great having a guy who can put in a steady performance in 3/4 different positions. He looked way of the pace when he came on last week, but today he put in a really gutsy performance.

hibee-shtuggie
11-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Totally agree bingo :agree: You've found the one thing he got badly wrong - congratulations :greengrin

Could you remind us of all the others please?

Gosh, are you jealous of his looks now? :faf:

As you know I always defend him so well done to BH for giving me the chance :wink:

As a few people have picked up on, it wasn't anything major, he just wasn't worth raving about. Although he started out as a LB, I thought he looked a little out of his comfort zone and was slightly too narrow in the second half for me. Maybe that's after years in midfield though....

Anyway the makeshift back four did very well and we won the game and are flying! Can't complain!

Jonnyboy
11-11-2012, 10:37 PM
As a few people have picked up on, it wasn't anything major, he just wasn't worth raving about. Although he started out as a LB, I thought he looked a little out of his comfort zone and was slightly too narrow in the second half for me. Maybe that's after years in midfield though....

Anyway the makeshift back four did very well and we won the game and are flying! Can't complain!

Amazingly, all four have played at left back at some point!

hibee-shtuggie
11-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Amazingly, all four have played at left back at some point!

Didn't think about that....good shout! Always had a soft spot for Lewis but I think he will drop out next week.

WestEndHibee
11-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Seeing him burn Skacel and another for pace in the second half was a particular highlight today. LS was a worry for me when I saw him on the team sheet, due to him not playing much recently especially at left back, but he had a really good game today. Lewis and RM linked up well, both kept the ball on the ground when safe and getting rid when needed. He was very good at playing clever grounded passes through to the forwards and midfield

Stantons Angel
12-11-2012, 12:11 AM

I quite agree with you there and long may he get the praise too.

It only takes one person on here to get positive about him and the rest of them try to jump on his head!

As i have said before he IS a HIBS player and he gets more than his fair share of stick!! Nothing wrong with praising him when he does good.

He is a good team player and will never let us down!

Keep up the good work louie!!!

monktonharp
12-11-2012, 03:02 AM
never been a fan of LS,always felt that he has lived on the MoM he got at the final, but he played quite well yesterday. his passes are always back, or sideways and his good run doon the wing would have been a lot better if he'd managed to cross it instead of loosing control and letting it run out for some inexplicable reason. so, for that he does not get my vote.