PDA

View Full Version : Scotland vs all blacks

Biggie
11-11-2012, 11:00 AM
Obviously can't see past the ab's today....20+ points win today....thoughts guys?

euansdad
11-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Nah Scotland by twenty easy

Biggie
11-11-2012, 02:16 PM
When I said 20 points, I meant in the 1st half.....hope they show mercy in the second..lol

NYHibby
17-11-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm surprised that there were only three posts about the game. I was at the game and will also be at today's game against South Africa. I know that there are a few people here who are irrationally anti-rugby, but I thought that more people would have gone to the game.

euansdad
17-11-2012, 09:55 AM
To be fair, Scotland haven't done that much to inspire people to flood to murrayfield these past few years

Purple & Green
17-11-2012, 10:13 AM
I thought Scotland were showing good progress in last years six nations despite the results. Tour results were very good too. The all blacks could take 50 points off any team in the world, so last week was just one of those days. Visser looks promising though. I think Robinson is worth another year at least to see if we progress.

A win against the springboks would be a big result - hope we can manage it.

Golden Bear
19-11-2012, 10:56 AM
I thought Scotland were showing good progress in last years six nations despite the results. Tour results were very good too. The all blacks could take 50 points off any team in the world, so last week was just one of those days. Visser looks promising though. I think Robinson is worth another year at least to see if we progress.

A win against the springboks would be a big result - hope we can manage it.

:rolleyes:

I'm not an expert on Rugby but nothing ever seems to change with regard to the performance of the national team. They are boring to watch, make basic mistakes in every game, lack flair and the backs couldn't penetrate a packet of crisps.

Same old, same old.

euansdad
19-11-2012, 11:10 AM
And no pace whatsoever

Twiglet
19-11-2012, 12:08 PM
On the subject of the Scotland rugby team, Allan "Chunk" Jacobsen has retired from international duty. :-(
He's been one of my favourite players for years.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2012, 12:16 PM
On the subject of the Scotland rugby team, Allan "Chunk" Jacobsen has retired from international duty. :-(

No idea about rugby or if he's a good player but chunk is an absolutely top guy.

Went way above and beyond the call of duty to help me out with some charity stuff I was involved in a while back.

Steve-O
21-11-2012, 09:36 AM
To be fair, Scotland haven't done that much to inspire people to flood to murrayfield these past few years

There were 67000 there.

I thought Scotland were ok in parts, and as usual, made far too many simple errors in others. They were certainly improved on the team that got nailed 2 years go.

However, after the defeat by South Africa, I think it's probably time Robinson called it quits and some fresh ideas came into play.

IMO, there is potential there.

euansdad
21-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Fair do's that is a great crowd

Twiglet
21-11-2012, 04:42 PM
There were 67000 there.

I thought Scotland were ok in parts, and as usual, made far too many simple errors in others. They were certainly improved on the team that got nailed 2 years go.

However, after the defeat by South Africa, I think it's probably time Robinson called it quits and some fresh ideas came into play.

IMO, there is potential there.

I think I agree, but who would replace him? Yes there is potential, in the last year we've lost Paterson and now Chunk and there'll be a couple more in the next couple of years too. We need to start mixing the new young talent in there, but I don't know if Robinson will get them in quick enough (though saying that he has given alot of young players first time caps in the autumn tests, much more than I was expecting)

Fair do's that is a great crowd

There's normally a decent crowd at Murrayfield, at least one of the 6 nations will be a sell-out (Ireland or England) with the rest not far off with the exception of Italy which gets smaller crowds. Also, the countries we play in the autumn tests tend to pull large crowds as they are the countries so many people want to see like New Zealand, South Africa, Australia...

Danderhall Hibs
21-11-2012, 08:18 PM

Has he? Why was he one of your favourite players> I think he's very fortunate to have the number of caps he has.