PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Thomson you're a disgrace (provisionally)

bathhibby
11-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I'll start the thread now
Thommo had a shocker and should never Ref a Hibs game again

Alfred E Newman
11-11-2012, 10:42 AM
I'll start the thread now
Thommo had a shocker and should never Ref a Hibs game again

I am sure in a couple of hours I will totally agree with you. The man is an embarrassment and a cheat.

Kris1875
11-11-2012, 10:44 AM
So what are the odds of a sending off or a penalty against us in the first 20 minutes ? Hate that man with a passion !!!

Fife-Hibee
11-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Cheat cheat cheat cheat cheat for 90min please !

nonshinyfinish
11-11-2012, 10:47 AM
So what are the odds of a sending off or a penalty against us in the first 20 minutes ? Hate that man with a passion !!!

Never mind giving a penalty against us, he'll take it as well.

HibeeN
11-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Awards Dundee Utd a penalty, Williams saves, Thomson orders it to be retaken :rolleyes:

Franck Stanton
11-11-2012, 10:52 AM
Bottom line - we have no chance of winning with that prick in charge. Just have to hope for damage limitation - no one sent off. Hate that man, no, r-sole with a passion.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Give him a chance! I'm sure things will pass without incident - at least until he blows that first whistle ;)

Liam89
11-11-2012, 10:53 AM
played with 8 men for 45 minutes and still manage to scrape a draw. Mcpake sent off for scoring a 30 yard screamer and celebrating too much, thompson gtf.

euansdad
11-11-2012, 10:58 AM
Tricky game at the best of times today, last thing we needed was him

The_Sauz
11-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Claros to be booked for his first tackle!
Sparky to be booked for diving!
Utd to get a penalty!

R'Albin
11-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Claros to be booked for his first tackle!
Sparky to be booked for diving!
Utd to get a penalty!

Your sig :hilarious

matty_f
11-11-2012, 11:16 AM

:agree: Never have I wanted a ref to get an uncomfortable afternoon as much as I do today.

cabbageandribs1875
11-11-2012, 11:26 AM
ben williams to get booked for handling the ball in the box

greenginger
11-11-2012, 11:29 AM

No, I would like a little -

" DIRTY - CHEATING - BASTuRD "

Thrown in for good measure please. :wink:

Keith_M
11-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't think he had a bad game the last time at Tannadice. TBF, he probably thought there was no point doing anything dodgy as Hibs managed to muck it up for themselves that day.

SaulGoodman
11-11-2012, 11:58 AM
I mean how can he justify giving 5 soft penalties?

To Hibs? :greengrin

VickMackie
11-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I hope the prick pulls a muscle before the game.

Leishy1995
11-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Him and Skacel to strip down and make love to each other as a goal celebration?

Fergus52
11-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Saw in the evening news that in the last 8 games he's reffed us we've conceded 20 and only scored 1

Jones28
11-11-2012, 12:29 PM
I hope he gets it so tight he retires immediately after the game and has to spend months in rehab. Hate him just as much as skacel

HH81
11-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Hibs have lost last 7 games he has reffed Hibs .......

YehButNoBut
11-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Thomson been ok so far................have I spoke to soon. :rolleyes:

euansdad
11-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Still time yet

nonshinyfinish
11-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Astonished that he didn't book McGivern for taking out Russell. Not because Thomson is a Hertz ****, but because it was such an obvious yellow card.

YehButNoBut
11-11-2012, 02:50 PM
He could easily have given that goal that Skacel had ruled off as offside as was very close.

No complaints about him today. :aok:

PatHead
11-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Imagine disallowing Rudi's goal. You are a disgrace. :greengrin

rosco-hibee
11-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Thomson was no bad. No complaints.

Should have at least booked Satchel at the end for his nonsense though. :cb

Hibs won, i'm happy. :greengrin

hfc rd
11-11-2012, 02:57 PM
The last ten minutes, you could see he was trying to help utd get an equaliser. Bottled it when he should have given flood a 2nd yellow and that erse skacel a red.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Cannae believe I'm typing this, but, thought he had a decent game.

HH81
11-11-2012, 03:03 PM
He was good today. No complaints.

PatHead
11-11-2012, 03:04 PM

Funny, his first honest game and we don;t get beaten.

nonshinyfinish
11-11-2012, 03:05 PM

A few poor decisions near the end, but overall, yes, he was decent.

Fergus52
11-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Did none of you watch the last ten minutes? he was okay until then, but made a series of seriously questionable calls after that.

The worst was when Cairney wasn't taking the corner and got booked, but the dundee utd players were clearly within the pitch side markings to show how far away they have to be

FromTheCapital
11-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Agree TBH, think he was fair :agree:

Mon Dieu4
11-11-2012, 03:06 PM
80 minutes thought he was ok, then his free kick against Kuqi and booking Cairney when their players were about 3 yards away from the corner

oh and giving them a free kick when a player slipped on his own erky, **** him

hibee_girl
11-11-2012, 03:08 PM
He was alright until the last 10 - 15 minutes when he gave them everything he could.

Did he book Griffiths for his celebration towards the Utd fans?

givescotlandfreedom
11-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Did none of you watch the last ten minutes? he was okay until then, but made a series of seriously questionable calls after that.

The worst was when Cairney wasn't taking the corner and got booked, but the dundee utd players were clearly within the pitch side markings to show how far away they have to be

Correct! He got desperate when his idol came on and he realised time was running out. He will be devestated we won today. My highlight was him running to protect Skacel when nobody was even interested him shortly after he appeared to lash out.

Northernhibee
11-11-2012, 03:11 PM
The last ten minutes, you could see he was trying to help utd get an equaliser. Bottled it when he should have given flood a 2nd yellow and that erse skacel a red.

Oh, I don't think he bottled anything. :wink:

PatHead
11-11-2012, 03:16 PM
He was alright until the last 10 - 15 minutes when he gave them everything he could.

Did he book Griffiths for his celebration towards the Utd fans?NO

Danderhall Hibs
11-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Definitely agree with those saying he was ok until the last few minutes. He went back to default mode from 85 onwards

HibeeN
11-11-2012, 03:30 PM

Did he book Griffiths for his celebration towards the Utd fans?

No he didn't - I was surprised! As soon as I saw Griffiths peel away towards the Utd fans I thought Thomson was going to book him but lucky for us he let it go.

PatHead
11-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Genuine questions for referees/rules buffs on the net.

When the goalkeeper did the pick up from the passback he took a touch, got into trouble then grabbed the ball thus denying Hibs a goal scoring opportunity. Should he have been sent off (or at least booked) as it wasn't accidental?

With the disallowed goal- does the fact that it was a Dundee Utd player who headed it not mean he was allowed to carry on? (Can't keep up with all these new interpretations)

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2012, 03:38 PM

When the goalkeeper did the pick up from the passback he took a touch, got into trouble then grabbed the ball thus denying Hibs a goal scoring opportunity. Should he have been sent off (or at least booked) as it wasn't accidental?

With the disallowed goal- does the fact that it was a Dundee Utd player who headed it not mean he was allowed to carry on? (Can't keep up with all these new interpretations)

We had the same disscussion during the game????????:confused: He certainly stops a goalscoring opportunity.

Ferryhibby
11-11-2012, 04:34 PM
I dont give a **** how many decisions he got right today...most of the ones for us were so blatant he had to give them...although their keeper should at least have been booked for picking up the ball and denying us a goal....the ball came off a dufc players head and therefore doyle wasnt offside....he booked cairney..for what?.complaining about the little ****bag and two others standing right next to him whilst trying to take a corner?...and what did sproule get booked for?...this man will always be a hateful git especially after his 'performance' in the final...hes a twat end of.

Craig_in_Prague
11-11-2012, 05:43 PM
he was doing ok for most of the game but his cheating started to take hold of him once we got our 2nd goal,

Anyway, is that our 1st ever win with him as ref?

HibbyRod
11-11-2012, 05:50 PM
I dont give a **** how many decisions he got right today...most of the ones for us were so blatant he had to give them...although their keeper should at least have been booked for picking up the ball and denying us a goal....the ball came off a dufc players head and therefore doyle wasnt offside....he booked cairney..for what?.complaining about the little ****bag and two others standing right next to him whilst trying to take a corner?...and what did sproule get booked for?...this man will always be a hateful git especially after his 'performance' in the final...hes a twat end of.

This !

Keith_M
11-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Should the thread title maybe be changed to...

Thomson you're a disgrace (but not today)

:greengrin

PatHead
11-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Should the thread title maybe be changed to...

Thomson you're a disgrace (but not today)

No shouldn't get praise for doing his job, should have booked Skacel and Utd goalie if not sending him off.

Golden Bear
11-11-2012, 06:05 PM

Nah - Doyle was offside when the intended pass was made and what happened thereafter was incidental. I'm afraid the linesman got it right.

I HATE to admit but for 85 mins Thomson's performance was almost acceptable but he lost the plot as the final whistle got nearer.

HibbyAndy
11-11-2012, 06:10 PM
Booking Cairney was a ****ing joke!..That little ugly hobbit looking prat Flood should have saw a 2nd yellow and walked for his antics at the corner flag....Skacel SHOULD have been yellow carded at the end too, That Hearts **** Thompson is getting no praise from me.

down-the-slope
11-11-2012, 06:34 PM

:agree: first 10 mins he had 3/4 fussy fouls both ways and thought he was going to spoil it and stop flow...after that he got little wrong and faded into background (as refs should most of the time)

SaulGoodman
11-11-2012, 06:37 PM

For the disallowed goal I'd imagine he'd still be offside because it was a Hibs player that tried to find him when he was offside.

If the defender headed it to a completely different player, eg; Griffiths, I'd imagine play would be allowed to continue.

lugz
11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
We had the same disscussion during the game????????:confused: He certainly stops a goalscoring opportunity.

Glad me and my mate weren't the only one. Surely it's at least a booking as it was intentional. If he doesn't do it he loses possession to Leigh.

Purple & Green
11-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I think the media spotlighting his implausible record helped Hibs today. Hope they pick up on Calum Murray next.

Eight (not seven as per tv) straight defeats put to bed, pity the media pressure on him came two games too late, but I think we're all a bit wiser now.

Holmesdale Hibs
11-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Should have AT LEAST booked their keeper for a cynical handling a pass back. Last 10min lost the plot. Flood should have been sent off. Should have booked McGirvin for halving Russell in the first half which makes me wonder if he is genuinely incompetent rather than corrupt.

He was ****. Just because he didn't stop us winning doesn't mean he had a good game.

matty_f
11-11-2012, 06:44 PM
He was doing his level best to get utd back level in the last ten minutes.

PatHead
11-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Funnily enough I was speaking to a United fan who thought he favoured Hibs! Couldn't work that out myself.

TornadoHibby
11-11-2012, 09:09 PM
For the disallowed goal I'd imagine he'd still be offside because it was a Hibs player that tried to find him when he was offside.

If the defender headed it to a completely different player, eg; Griffiths, I'd imagine play would be allowed to continue.

Aye, but if I recall correctly Doyle made no movement to the ball seemiing to accept that would make him 'active' BUT whenever the Utd player headed it back towards the keeper, Doyle did go after it and scored well!

I thought that the ref called it wrong for those reasons!

S.sct
11-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Thats what we need at ER, the crowd putting pressure on the opposition and the referee. He did ok but must have felt the crowd growling.......

delbert
11-11-2012, 09:40 PM

As regards handling the passback, referee was totally correct, no caution, no ordering off, just an indirect free kick for handling a passback kicked to him because the Laws of the Game specifically state that a goalkeeper is allowed to handle the ball within his own penalty area, so the only part of the law he broke was handling of a passback which is specifically outlawed but that is not a cautionable offence and certainly not an ordering off because he did not deny an obvious gaol scoring opportunity, again he simply handled a passback, hope thats clear. Cant comment on the second one I'm afraid as I did not see it, but first decision was based on a point of Law.

Kato
11-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Thats what we need at ER, the crowd putting pressure on the opposition and the referee.

Every game should be like that.

Mikey
11-11-2012, 09:43 PM

I asked a qualified ref about that one. Because he was in an offside position when the ball was played up to him he's still considered offside, even although a United player got a touch.

ronaldo7
11-11-2012, 09:44 PM

On your second point, Doyle was offside when the hibs player played the ball through, it then came off the Dundee United players head and into his path. Clearly Offside.

Stevie Reid
12-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Shocking again yesterday, unsurprisingly. Put us under pressure to hurry things up at the end, ridiculous booking at the corner when Dundee Utd's players weren't even back ten yards, and gave them loads of opportunities to put us under pressure by awarding loads of ridiculously soft free kicks which could be punted into the box.

Played against 12 men at the end, but still won the day. **** you Thomson.

Hibernia&Alba
12-11-2012, 11:16 AM
Thomson was his usual disgusting self, but the linesman who ruled out Skacel's onside effort must be a Hibs man :top marks

51 that, ye walloper :yw:

The_Sauz
12-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Your sig :hilarious

hibsbollah
12-11-2012, 11:56 AM
A few poor decisions near the end, but overall, yes, he was decent.

He also favoured us in the Tannadice game in August. Had the chance to give two penalties against us and didn't.

If anything, he's now a Hibby.

:offski:

The_Sauz
12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Booking Cairney was a ****ing joke!..That little ugly Sméagol should have saw a 2nd yellow and walked for his antics at the corner flag....Skacel SHOULD have been yellow carded at the end too, That Hearts **** Thompson is getting no praise from me.
Fixed that for you :greengrin

#FromTheCapital
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Before yesterday, when was the last time we won a game with this clown in charge?

The_Sauz
12-11-2012, 12:22 PM
As regards handling the passback, referee was totally correct, no caution, no ordering off, just an indirect free kick for handling a passback kicked to him because the Laws of the Game specifically state that a goalkeeper is allowed to handle the ball within his own penalty area, so the only part of the law he broke was handling of a passback which is specifically outlawed but that is not a cautionable offence and certainly not an ordering off because he did not deny an obvious gaol scoring opportunity, again he simply handled a passback, hope thats clear. Cant comment on the second one I'm afraid as I did not see it, but first decision was based on a point of Law.
The thing is...he did not handle the passback directly! What he did try to do, was control it with his foot, then he realised the Hibs player was about to pounce, so he picked it up :agree:

The_Sauz
12-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Before yesterday, when was the last time we won a game with this clown in charge?

Not sure we have, but the last 8 games we have never won any and only scored 1 goal before yesterday :agree:

matty_f
12-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Thomson was his usual disgusting self, but the linesman who ruled out Skacel's onside effort must be a Hibs man :top marks

51 that, ye walloper :yw:

The offside decision was correct, though the tv pictures made it hard to tell, I had a great view and it was Skacel's nose that played him offside. The rest of his puss was onside by a good couple of yards.

Nae luck Rudolph, ya welt.

legends of 73
12-11-2012, 01:55 PM
The offside decision was correct, though the tv pictures made it hard to tell, I had a great view and it was Skacel's nose that played him offside. The rest of his puss was onside by a good couple of yards.

Nae luck Rudolph, ya welt.

:greengrin::greengrin:wink:

Stevie Reid
12-11-2012, 03:01 PM
I was ready to have a go at the Dundee Utd supporters for being so sad as to do the 'not worthy' stuff to a player who clearly couldn't give a toss about them - now that people are saying that they were doing the 5-1 signs as well, they are confirmed as the second most pathetic bunch of supporters I've ever known.

matty_f
12-11-2012, 03:05 PM
I was ready to have a go at the Dundee Utd supporters for being so sad as to do the 'not worthy' stuff to a player who clearly couldn't give a toss about them - now that people are saying that they were doing the 5-1 signs as well, they are confirmed as the second most pathetic bunch of supporters I've ever known.

There were a few real munters (I think they were women, or men with 80's perms) who were giving it the 5-1 gesture on their way out. I thought they were merricks from their appearance, and the stupidity of doing a 5-1 when the score was actually 2-1 (as pointed out to them by my son :greengrin) confirmed my thoughts.

I just presumed they were practising how to fill their days when they don't have a team of their own to follow in a few days.

Purple & Green
12-11-2012, 03:08 PM

26th Feb 2011 Hibernian 2 Inverness CT 0 - http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=5031

PatHead
12-11-2012, 03:08 PM

Thanks for clearing it up. Certainly would appear to be a loophole in the law as he first tried to play the ball with his foot, made a James of it and then grabbed it when he saw Griffiths bearing down on him rather than running the risk of losing it.

With regard to the second case, Wotherspoon was offside when the Hibs player played the ball through (probably active) but United player headed it straight on to Wotherspoon who then carried on and shot.How would that be treated, is the "active" part the key?

(Feels like the old "You are the ref" in Shoot)

greenginger
12-11-2012, 03:18 PM
On your second point, Doyle was offside when the hibs player played the ball through, it then came off the Dundee United players head and into his path. Clearly Offside.

Agree he would be offside if the ball had merely came off the United player, but it was a deliberate back header by the defender.

How many touches does a player have to have before a new phase of the game starts ?

matty_f
12-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Thanks for clearing it up. Certainly would appear to be a loophole in the law as he first tried to play the ball with his foot, made a James of it and then grabbed it when he saw Griffiths bearing down on him rather than running the risk of losing it.

With regard to the second case, Wotherspoon was offside when the Hibs player played the ball through (probably active) but United player headed it straight on to Wotherspoon who then carried on and shot.How would that be treated, is the "active" part the key?

(Feels like the old "You are the ref" in Shoot)

I thought it was a definite offside, he was offside when the ball was played through to him, and pre-first phase/second phase/active/non-active nonsense, the flag would have went up straight away. He gained an advantage in an offside position when the ball was played to him so I think the linesman called it right.

If the United defender had headed it clear and a United player then passed back, with Doyle in the same place, I think he'd have to then be classed as onside.

Stevie Reid
12-11-2012, 03:28 PM
There were a few real munters (I think they were women, or men with 80's perms) who were giving it the 5-1 gesture on their way out. I thought they were merricks from their appearance, and the stupidity of doing a 5-1 when the score was actually 2-1 (as pointed out to them by my son :greengrin) confirmed my thoughts.

I just presumed they were practising how to fill their days when they don't have a team of their own to follow in a few days.

They'll all just support Rudi Skacel (ignoring the fact that he more than many others has got them to where they are financially).

greenginger
12-11-2012, 03:37 PM

They'll all just support Rudi Skacel (ignoring the fact that he more than many others has got them to where they are financially).

Surely not Rudi, he was only on £ 3,000 per week according to his footballing contract. :confused:

Of course he may have been receiving other payments, but that would be against the rules, would'nt it. :agree:

yekimevol
12-11-2012, 11:27 PM
:top marks

Posh Swanny
13-11-2012, 09:52 AM

Genuine question - if a backpass is misdirected by a defender, or the ball rolls under the 'keeper's foot, and the goalie dives to stop the ball going into the net with his hands - does that still apply?

matty_f
13-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Genuine question - if a backpass is misdirected by a defender, or the ball rolls under the 'keeper's foot, and the goalie dives to stop the ball going into the net with his hands - does that still apply?

Yep!

Posh Swanny
13-11-2012, 10:37 AM
Yep!

Football and its laws eh?!

Deny a goal-scoring opportunity by illegal methods = red card.

Deny a goal by illegal methods = indirect free-kick and a bruised erse for one unlucky defender.