PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road Pubs

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Thinking of hanging around Easter Road tomorrow after the game and finding a decent boozer to watch the Pool game at 4pm. Normally stop at the Murrayfield on the way home but it will be mobbed with egg chasers tomorrow. Somewhere with food would be good................. Suggestions anyone?

Jonnyboy
10-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Thinking of hanging around Easter Road tomorrow after the game and finding a decent boozer to watch the Pool game at 4pm. Normally stop at the Murrayfield on the way home but it will be mobbed with egg chasers tomorrow. Somewhere with food would be good................. Suggestions anyone?

The Persevere at the foot of ER is excellent for both food and bevvy :greengrin Also, they have numerous screens spread about so you can sit eating and watch the game in comfort :agree:

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2012, 09:45 PM
The Persevere at the foot of ER is excellent for both food and bevvy :greengrin Also, they have numerous screens spread about so you can sit eating and watch the game in comfort :agree:

:aok: Cheers Jonny

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2012, 09:49 PM

Hibs Club......

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Hibs Club......

Is it normally mobbed after the games or plenty of room to get a seat and enjoy the food/football?

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Is it normally mobbed after the games or plenty of room to get a seat and enjoy the food/football?

Plenty of room. The Club has a bar area with seating and tvs, a main hall with plenty seating and tvs, upstairs room with seats and tvs, a games room with tvs....So to answer your question yes you will get a seat, a burger and chips and beers.....

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Plenty of room. The Club has a bar area with seating and tvs, a main hall with plenty seating and tvs, upstairs room with seats and tvs, a games room with tvs....So to answer your question yes you will get a seat, a burger and chips and beers.....

:aok: Cheers now I've got a dilemma Percy or Hibs club? :greengrin

Greendub
10-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Persy all day long

Jonnyboy
10-11-2012, 10:00 PM
:aok: Cheers now I've got a dilemma Percy or Hibs club? :greengrin

Depends whether you want decent grub or not :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Depends whether you want decent grub or not :greengrin

Club has a fine selection of crisps and nuts...:na na:

Cabbage East
10-11-2012, 10:11 PM
Percy or the Harp and castle over the Hibs club any day.

Jonnyboy
10-11-2012, 10:12 PM

Aye a fair few o' those right enough :greengrin

ronaldo7
10-11-2012, 10:12 PM

Forget it mate. You've missed it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hartlepool-united

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Hmmmmm who has the best beer then? :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Forget it mate. You've missed it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hartlepool-united

:greengrin

down-the-slope

:agree: plenty of them :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn

Hard to argue with that :greengrin

Jonnyboy
Hmmmmm who has the best beer then? :greengrin

Belhaven Best in the Percy - cannae beat it :agree:

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2012, 10:15 PM

Did you have to throw another one in :greengrin

down-the-slope
10-11-2012, 10:16 PM

Great minds think alike.....or fools seldom differ :rolleyes:

11-11-2012, 08:20 AM
The Hibs club is rubbish pre-game, unless you're looking for a game of helpie with the 200 bairns in there, and I think (correct me if I'm wrong) its usually only the wee bar area that's open after the game.

I would recommend the Iona Bar. Nae food*, but there's beer and let's face it, after a few of them the eating usually goes out the window anyway.

*Unless you fancy a bag of McCoys.

Baldy Foghorn
11-11-2012, 08:24 AM
The Hibs club is rubbish pre-game, unless you're looking for a game of helpie with the 200 bairns in there, and I think (correct me if I'm wrong) its usually only the wee bar area that's open after the game.

I would recommend the Iona Bar. Nae food*, but there's beer and let's face it, after a few of them the eating usually goes out the window anyway.

Happy to correct you, all bars are accessible after the games

marti1875
11-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Food??...Food? huh...eating's cheating i say...beer is the food for a wee sunday session! :greengrin

cam75
11-11-2012, 08:27 AM
[QUOTE=Scouse Hibee;3407661]Hmmmmm who has the best beer then? :greengrin[/QUOT
For beer got to be tourmalet next to robbies Albert street or Iona street.

3pm
11-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Belhaven Best in the Percy - cannae beat it :agree:

They should gdt you in charge of PR!

Jack
11-11-2012, 08:37 AM
I canny mind seeing food after the games in the Hibs Club but one thing for sure it has the best selection of ales in the area, all very well looked after.

The Happy Castle has a great atmosphere (before and) after games and players have been known to pop in and have an orange juice. Good food selection, decent beer.

HH81
11-11-2012, 08:41 AM
I have eaten in the Percy a couple of times and its a decent place.

Jack
11-11-2012, 08:42 AM

I think your post started off badly then lost all credibility when you described the lounge as the wee bar - given its probably the biggest bar on Easter Road and probably twice the size of most.

brydekirk
11-11-2012, 08:43 AM

The harp & castle have stopped doing food.

Pretty Boy
11-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Percy for food definitely.

Or the Four in Hand for a beer and complimentary half a pie courtesy of Kano.

yeezus.
11-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Four in hand pub is always welcoming.

11-11-2012, 11:22 AM
I think your post started off badly then lost all credibility when you described the lounge as the wee bar - given its probably the biggest bar on Easter Road and probably twice the size of most.

When I said the 'wee bar' I was only describing it compared the larger room (and up stairs sometimes) that's opened up before games within the hibs club. You're right though, compared to pubs on Easter Rd it probably is pretty big.

Maybe my comments were harsh, but I think the club lacks the atmosphere of a 'regular boozer'......and with a kid on the way there's every chance I'll end up frequenting the club more in a few years time!

Must admit that I'm not normally in the lounge as the only reason I'm there is to meet mates that have their kids with them so perhaps it's better through there.

Jack
11-11-2012, 11:41 AM
When I said the 'wee bar' I was only describing it compared the larger room (and up stairs sometimes) that's opened up before games within the hibs club. You're right though, compared to pubs on Easter Rd it probably is pretty big.

Maybe my comments were harsh, but I think the club lacks the atmosphere of a 'regular boozer'......and with a kid on the way there's every chance I'll end up frequenting the club more in a few years time!

Must admit that I'm not normally in the lounge as the only reason I'm there is to meet mates that have their kids with them so perhaps it's better through there.

:-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-11-2012, 11:45 AM
City Limits on Leith Walk is quite good for the football, usually have free rolls on offer after games.

Jonnyboy
12-11-2012, 07:34 PM
They should gdt you in charge of PR!

To the OP - So Scouser boy, which establishment did you decide on then?

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2012, 07:44 PM

To the OP - So Scouser boy, which establishment did you decide on then?

Well after much deliberation, soul searching and taking into account all of the recommendations I went for the Corstorphine Inn :greengrin

A good choice considering the excellent food, good guinness and a shorter stumble home than Easter Road would have been. However the Persevere will be our destination before the Aberdeen game as I have arranged to meet a few sheep friends in there (no colours of course)

Jonnyboy
12-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Well after much deliberation, soul searching and taking into account all of the recommendations I went for the Corstorphine Inn :greengrin

A good choice considering the excellent food, good guinness and a shorter stumble home than Easter Road would have been. However the Persevere will be our destination before the Aberdeen game as I have arranged to meet a few sheep friends in there (no colours of course)

Corry Inn was once owned by Jimmy O'Rourke of Tornadoes fame and the food was good back then so hopefully it still passes muster