PDA

View Full Version : Jim Goodwin raging

Diclonius
10-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Reckons Wotherspoon deliberately got him sent off.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-ace-jim-goodwin-1428394

“I was really angry because players should show a bit of respect for each other.
“Trying to get players sent off? I’m not into that.”

He's a funny guy. :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
10-11-2012, 12:25 PM
Jim Goodwin is a good player. He's also a bellend.

Saorsa
10-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Roaster

Golden Bear
10-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Jim Goodwin is a good player. He's also a bellend.

That sums it up.

And he's a bellend that's went down in my estimation. There can be no arguments about last week's sending off ----------- unless your Jim Goodwin.

matty_f
10-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Roaster

:agree:

kaimendhibs
10-11-2012, 12:28 PM
What a trumpet. Every time I watch it I see the same thing, he flicks his hand up in spoony face, sleekit get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saorsa
10-11-2012, 12:30 PM
That sums it up.

And he's a bellend that's went down in my estimation. There can be no arguments about last week's sending off ----------- unless your Jim Goodwin.Some refs might have sent him off for his lunge at McGivern never mind a second booking for his dig at Spoony.

Bostonhibby
10-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Wasn't it Jim Goodwin that got Jim Goodwin sent off? Tell's you everything you need to know about the Daily ****** that they ran the story, lucky I don't and never will buy this "news" paper.

Argylehibby
10-11-2012, 12:35 PM
What tv evidence prooves there was no contact with sponny's face? I've never seen or heard of that evidence being shown. I really hope Hibs challenge these comments and don't just wait on the SFA or SPL taking action.

LancashireHibby
10-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Although he was probably the best player on the park for the first half hour last week, he was always going to get sent off sooner or later as he was just pushing the referee further and further when he was talking back to him, kicking the ball away at free kicks etc etc.

tbfhibs
10-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Wasn't it Jim Goodwin that got Jim Goodwin sent off? Tell's you everything you need to know about the Daily ****** that they ran the story, lucky I don't and never will buy this "news" paper.

Stuff goodwin

Ringothedog
10-11-2012, 12:38 PM

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-ace-jim-goodwin-1428394

“I was really angry because players should show a bit of respect for each other.

Should have been sent off for the assault on McGivern

10-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Goodwin is a thug

Kato
10-11-2012, 12:59 PM
No bad player, but also a thug, a cheat and, now evidently, a liar.

KingFranck
10-11-2012, 01:01 PM

Ha ha he says he's not into getting players sent off ? Ask Victor Pallson what he thinks of that ya trumpet you have a short memory Jim !

Gavin1875
10-11-2012, 01:31 PM
Was it Jim Goodwin who was tussling with a Motherwell player last season and punched the guy in the stomach??

Absolute coq off a person

Gatecrasher
10-11-2012, 01:36 PM

apparently you are, you spent a lot of your time last week moaning at the ref

clerriehibs
10-11-2012, 01:42 PM
forget movember, goodwin will be fan-tastic in fanuary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fanuary)

--------
10-11-2012, 01:43 PM
He should have gone on a straight red for his assault on McGivern first half.

His blocking of Wotherspoon in itself was clearly worthy of a yellow - obstruction? - so that's him gone on a second count.

And if he's saying he didn't hit Wotherspoon in the face - the video isn't clear, but whether he hit him with hand, elbow or So whether he hit Wotherspoon in the face or not (and in the video certainly seems that he did), he has no reasonable complaint about being punted.

It seems we're beginning to worry the Direly Rancid.

Heisenberg
10-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Still remember the game when he was giving Palsson a roasting, we brought on Ian Murray who had a wee word with him as soon as he got on the pitch and Goodwin was cosied up in his back pocket for the rest of the game. Not such a hard man after all.

CraigHibee
10-11-2012, 01:54 PM
he should have been emptied before the incident with spoony, rode his luck after the booking.

Goodwin, get over it ya clown, you look like some kind of dinosaur and nobodys interested in your bleating apart from yourself!

allezsauzee
10-11-2012, 02:33 PM
“If I had been sent off for something stupid and I deserved it, I wouldn’t be speaking out. But it’s my first red card in about six years and was undeserved.”......... Long overdue a red card then Jim ya walloper

suavegav
10-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Goodwin has just been on the radio, slating Witherspoon for the way he went down and he should never received a yellow card. He obviously forgets his challenge on McGivern in the first half, that should have been a red card. I actually like Goodwin as a player, I'd be happy if he signed for hibs.
I hope Witherspoon doesnae get involved in a war of words, as its pointless.

Alfred E Newman
10-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Just heard him being interviewed on Sportsound. More or less called Wotherspoon a cheat. Hope Hibs put in a formal complaint to the BBC.

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Isn't this the same player that spent a lot of time cheeping at the referee trying to make him book Hibs players or questioning his decisions? He let his team down, of that there is no question, and in common with most bullies and thugs, when the option is there to man up and take responsibility, he funks that and blames others. A quality player, but maybe no a quality person.

Arch Stanton
10-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Just heard him being interviewed on Sportsound. More or less called Wotherspoon a cheat. Hope Hibs put in a formal complaint to the BBC.

I heard Richard Gordon saying he agreed with him. Seems to me that his punishment for a red card is a week's suspension during which he gets to be a BBC pundit!

Stevie Reid
10-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Trying to injure players is much more honourable, eh Jim?

@rsehole

Golden Bear
10-11-2012, 03:58 PM
I heard Richard Gordon saying he agreed with him. Seems to me that his punishment for a red card is a week's suspension during which he gets to be a BBC pundit!

The Sportscene team had the opportunity to clarify what exactly happened, but for whatever reason, they didn't run any slow-mo replays.

From that we can conclude that Goodwin was guilty as charged.

Kato
10-11-2012, 04:28 PM
The Sportscene team had the opportunity to clarify what exactly happened, but for whatever reason, they didn't run any slow-mo replays.

From that we can conclude that Goodwin was guilty as charged.

BBC have an anti-Hibs aganda, been the same since the Collins thing.

weecounty hibby
10-11-2012, 04:30 PM
I for one am getting a wee bit sick of the BBC giving a platform to players and officials of clubs who feel hard done to after playing us. The fact that Richard Gordon said to him that he also felt it was harsh leads me to believe that they have bit of an agenda against Hibs at the moment. The stick they gave GOC last year for what was a penalty was incredible. Goodwins was a deserved sending off and the foul on Wotherspoon was just one of many by him on top of a potential leg breaker and moaning at the ref all afternoon. I think his second yellow was just a culmination of his whole afternoon.

I really hope PF mentions it in an interview over the weekend to make a stand, we should not have to put up with that crap

Argylehibby
10-11-2012, 04:39 PM
I really hope PF mentions it in an interview over the weekend to make a stand, we should not have to put up with that crap

:agree: Not to defend Spoony would be a mistake. It leaves people room to believe that he wasn't hit and we should not allow that. Simple statement saying Hibs a unhappy with the accusation and ask for it to be withdrawn or they will be asking the SFA to get involved. Ask them to show the evidence that they talk of and if they cannot then demand an apology. We also need to ask why Thomson was not challenged when he made the statement on sportscene last Sunday.

Alfred E Newman
10-11-2012, 04:43 PM
BBC have an anti-Hibs aganda, been the same since the Collins thing.

The Sportsound show is now no more than a joke show with the same old pundits spouting the same old pish Sportscene is no better. Guess who is on now, you got it Houston.

Famous Fiver
10-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Goodwin should have been off for his challenge on McGivern.
His assault on Wotherspoon was also a straight red. Violent conduct on both occasions.
Instead he only got two yellows.
Interesting was that he was in the referee's face all game challenging decisions but as soon as he assaulted Wotherspoon he scuttled off as far away from the referee as possible and had to be called from 40 yards away to be given his yellow.
He should now be done for bringing the game into disrepute.
He is now commenting on the St Mirren Aberdeen game on Sportsound and has gone very quiet now that Aberdeen have just scored their third.
Karma, Jim
4-0 Aberdeen. Don't feel sorry for you Jim.

Pretty Boy
10-11-2012, 04:48 PM
The Sportsound show is now no more than a joke show with the same old pundits spouting the same old pish Sportscene is no better. Guess who is on now, you got it Houston.

Yep to think we once had intelligent sorts like Bob Crampsey covering football in this country.

s.a.m
10-11-2012, 04:58 PM
:agree: (I'm assuming you're not being sarcastic :greengrin)

Bob Crampsey's a big miss.

Alfred E Newman
10-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Goodwin should have been off for his challenge on McGivern.
His assault on Wotherspoon was also a straight red. Violent conduct on both occasions.
Instead he only got two yellows.
Interesting was that he was in the referee's face all game challenging decisions but as soon as he assaulted Wotherspoon he scuttled off as far away from the referee as possible and had to be called from 40 yards away to be given his yellow.
He should now be done for bringing the game into disrepute.
He is now commenting on the St Mirren Aberdeen game on Sportsound and has gone very quiet now that Aberdeen have just scored their third.
Karma, Jim
4-0 Aberdeen. Don't feel sorry for you Jim.

You do realise this result means we will be subjected to a 10 mins of ramblings from Scotlands greatest bore, Pa Broon.

jdships
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM
From what I am told by players who know him /play against him he is a great 'chatter ' to the referees .
One , not a Hibbee , calls him a ' stairheed bully - all mouth ' on the park
Sounds about right !!

:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
10-11-2012, 05:17 PM
An irksome individual who thinks Spoony conned the ref.....Take a look again Goodwin at the nasty challenge on McGivern, your sleekit elbow on Spoony, your constant mouthing off and your petulance........Prize plum.......

EskbankHibby
10-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Boys a hypocrite, talking about respecting other professionals but spent the whole game last week bleating to the ref trying to influence decisions against our players.

Mr White
10-11-2012, 06:32 PM
Twice we've played your shower this season Jim and it's 6 points to the cabbage. Starting to think you made the wrong choice in January? Haha GIRUY Jimbo.

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Hahahaha the .net double standards strike again!

Goodwin should have been sent of his tackle on McGivern IMO.

To suggest that Wotherspoon went down far too easily in an attempt to get him sent off is SPOT ON, if a certain Liverpool player had gone down in the same way the CHEAT allegations would once again be doing the rounds on here. Defend your own as I did I suppose you might well say :wink:

euansdad
10-11-2012, 07:36 PM
At the game last week and all he did was throw himself about so what he is complaining about is anyone's guess

portohibee
10-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Sure I heard the bell end say ' referee's need to be shown some respect' aye, thats why you clapped your hands sarcasticly when he showed you the red then, ya fud

cabbageandribs1875
10-11-2012, 07:52 PM
quite sure he was waving an 'imaginary' card at the referee last week after a foul had been given against a hibs player :hmmm:

euansdad
10-11-2012, 08:00 PM
Just seemed as if he was doing his level best to get under everyone's skins last week

Piqué
10-11-2012, 08:02 PM
another angry man

CropleyWasGod
10-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Hahahaha the .net double standards strike again!

Goodwin should have been sent of his tackle on McGivern IMO.

To suggest that Wotherspoon went down far too easily in an attempt to get him sent off is SPOT ON, if a certain Liverpool player had gone down in the same way the CHEAT allegations would once again be doing the rounds on here. Defend your own as I did I suppose you might well say :wink:

It certainly isn't.

The incident happened right in front of me. Goodwin thumped Spoony in the face with his elbow. It was swift... I am not surprised the referee missed it... but it was brutal. It should have been a straight red card.

Hiber-nation
10-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Anyone else fancy having a go at Hibs? After the Letheren and Shiels fiasco with Cairney's "dive" now we have this psycho ranting a load of utter pish. There was Maybury pillioried for a foul on Fraser of Aberdeen (you'd have thought he'd finished his career) not forgetting that failed assistant Adams and his ungracious nonsense. And the PBS bus driver and his very poor comment about our Cup record.

We're far classier than the rest. Bring them on.

TrinityHibs
10-11-2012, 08:29 PM
I expect to get jumped on here but I think he adds something to the team he plays with. Delighted he went off and deservedly so but he would do a job for us if he could keep the heid. As would their winger. Just a thought.

Mr White
10-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Its not his ability or commitment that's in question, more the fact he's an unsporting greeting faced cheat whos happy to hand it out and attempt to influence officials and then complain when he's caught out.

Sir David Gray
10-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Jim Goodwin got Jim Goodwin sent off.

As others have already said, he should have gone for the assault on McGivern earlier on anyway. It was only a matter of time.

essexhibee
11-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Has this guy got any skills other than moaning and assaulting players? Whenever I've seen him he's looked pish. Limited football ability lots of hacking ability.