PDA

View Full Version : Team for Sunday

FromTheCapital
09-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Big game on Sunday for the Hibees against Dundee United at ER. Hopefully a decent crowd and a little pisstake at the Yams :greengrin

------------------------------Williams-----------------------------

Clancy------------McPake-------------Hanlon----------McGivern

Spoony------------Claros--------------Taiwo------------Cairney

--------------------Doyle-------------Griffiths--------------------

Think it will be a tight game but can see us scraping it 1-0 :aok:

:pfgwa

Sir David Gray
09-11-2012, 07:36 PM
Think the team really picks itself at the moment whilst Clancy and Deegan are missing, although I gather that Clancy may be back for Sunday.

Hoping for a good win on Sunday but it will be a really tough match.

euansdad
09-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Clancy probably won't start hopefully et a run when we go 4-0 up!

HTD1875
09-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Teams picks itself unless Clancy is still out.

Williams
Clancy/Maybury McPake Hanlon McGivern
Wotherspoon Taiwo Cairney Claros Doyle
Griffiths

Piqué
09-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Jeezo just about forgot we had a game after all the excitement! More of the same please Pat. Other than Maybury/Clancy the team picks itself at the mo.

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2012, 09:42 PM
forgot all about us playing :faf:

essexhibee
09-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Teams picks itself unless Clancy is still out.

Williams
Clancy/Maybury McPake Hanlon McGivern
Wotherspoon Taiwo Cairney Claros Doyle
Griffiths

This my team also. Really want Deegan back. Taiwo looks a lightweight to me who doesn't offer much.

Big game. Hope the players have been training hard and preparing unlike the most of us who totally forgot about Hibs.

Pretty Boy
10-11-2012, 12:35 AM
This my team also. Really want Deegan back. Taiwo looks a lightweight to me who doesn't offer much.

Big game. Hope the players have been training hard and preparing unlike the most of us who totally forgot about Hibs.

Bit harsh on Taiwo imo.

Guys had no real pre season and has probably been thrown in at the deep end earlier than expected. Also thought he was more than decent away to Well. Think there's more to come from him.

cabbageandribs1875
10-11-2012, 09:00 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20196357

Hibernian defender Tim Clancy is unlikely to be fit to face Dundee United, a groin injury having forced him to miss out against St Mirren.

don't know how accurate the info re: clancy is

nickwhibs
10-11-2012, 11:43 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20196357

Hibernian defender Tim Clancy is unlikely to be fit to face Dundee United, a groin injury having forced him to miss out against St Mirren.

don't know how accurate the info re: clancy is

That's a shame as I think Maybury will be a bit of a target tomorrow, both with Mackay-Stevens' pace and John Daly's arial threat from set peices. Maybury has been decent enough for us but unfortunately his lack of pace lets him down, plus Clancy is far better in the air. Hopefully we do enough in the other areas of the pitch to make sure this isn't a problem. I'm still very confident of a win though.

cabbageandribs1875
10-11-2012, 12:00 PM
That's a shame as I think Maybury will be a bit of a target tomorrow, both with Mackay-Stevens' pace and John Daly's arial threat from set peices. Maybury has been decent enough for us but unfortunately his lack of pace lets him down, plus Clancy is far better in the air. Hopefully we do enough in the other areas of the pitch to make sure this isn't a problem. I'm still very confident of a win though.

i think his height lets him down as well :greengrin i hope PF has them fired up to start playing from the first minute this week, the last two games Motherwell and st.mirren have been in control and taking the games to us for the first 20+mins, maybury will need a little more cover this game

10-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Any idea when Deegan will be back? Would really hope he can be back for the derby as he has a good physical presence that is needed in this sort of game.

Franck Stanton
10-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Whilst I think the team will be along the usual lines as, it really does pick itself with the only changes made having been forced on us. However, for this game I would drop Doyle as I think he has gone off the boil a little lately and replace him with Kuqi for his strength and ariel ability. This would, perhaps, throw a wee spanner in Unt's game plan as I don't think they would have prepaired their team for this change. If it isn't working by half-time/hour mark, revert back to Doyle. May also have the desired effect of upping Doyles game a little. Just my opinion but feel we need someone to compete with Unt's central defence.

frazeHFC
10-11-2012, 04:10 PM
Whilst I think the team will be along the usual lines as, it really does pick itself with the only changes made having been forced on us. However, for this game I would drop Doyle as I think he has gone off the boil a little lately and replace him with Kuqi for his strength and ariel ability. This would, perhaps, throw a wee spanner in Unt's game plan as I don't think they would have prepaired their team for this change. If it isn't working by half-time/hour mark, revert back to Doyle. May also have the desired effect of upping Doyles game a little. Just my opinion but feel we need someone to compete with Unt's central defence.

I see where you are coming from, but imo i would still stick with Doyle. Doyle, Griffiths, Spoony and Cairney link up very well in attack.

HibeeN
10-11-2012, 04:13 PM
I see where you are coming from, but imo i would still stick with Doyle. Doyle, Griffiths, Spoony and Cairney link up very well in attack.

Agreed. And with Doyle, we have the option of moving him back to left midfield if we are getting overrun there, with Cairney through the middle.

Franck Stanton
10-11-2012, 04:27 PM

I have no problem with Doyle, in fact I really like him, just think that for this game, we could do with a "bullish" type c/forward to rumble-up their central defenders. Just a tactical poly if you like as I think Huston will have covered all the bases with our usual formation.

euansdad
10-11-2012, 06:37 PM
How long ago has it been since we had a side that picks itself! Makes a change