PDA

View Full Version : Contacting the club

Everton
09-11-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm organising a fundraiser for the Hillsborough Justice for the 96 campaign.
I live in Canada but originally from Liverpool and i support Everton not the Red *****.
I'm organising the fundraiser with the full support of the St. Catharines Celtic Supporters club, i also support the hoops.

As part of the publicity for the fundraiser i've arranged a photoshoot.
The publicity banner was made by Alec Todd and he'll be holding it in the photo and wearing a new 2013 Hi Bees shirt with his name and old number on the back - 11.
Alec palyed left wing for Hibs and Scotland in the 40s and 50s and I thought if I told Hibs about it they might want to publish a photo of Alec with the banner or in his shirt in the match programme.

I've emailed the club several times to ask about this without any success.
I've tried the media manager (Sleight) and yesterday i emailed Mimi Cann for her input.

Can anybody suggest anything else to get their attention.
Old Alec would love one last shot at being in the program. He knows nothing abou this and It'd be a nice thank you for all hs hardwork on the banner. He became a graphic artist when he finished playing footy.
Cheers lads and good luck for the cup.

ruthven_raiders
09-11-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm organising a fundraiser for the Hillsborough Justice for the 96 campaign.
I live in Canada but originally from Liverpool and i support Everton not the Red *****.
I'm organising the fundraiser with the full support of the St. Catharines Celtic Supporters club, i also support the hoops.

As part of the publicity for the fundraiser i've arranged a photoshoot.
The publicity banner was made by Alec Todd and he'll be holding it in the photo and wearing a new 2013 Hi Bees shirt with his name and old number on the back - 11.
Alec palyed left wing for Hibs and Scotland in the 40s and 50s and I thought if I told Hibs about it they might want to publish a photo of Alec with the banner or in his shirt in the match programme.

I've emailed the club several times to ask about this without any success.
I've tried the media manager (Sleight) and yesterday i emailed Mimi Cann for her input.

Can anybody suggest anything else to get their attention.
Old Alec would love one last shot at being in the program. He knows nothing abou this and It'd be a nice thank you for all hs hardwork on the banner. He became a graphic artist when he finished playing footy.
Cheers lads and good luck for the cup.

Bump

hibbybrian
10-11-2012, 04:23 AM
No record of a player named Todd ever having been on Hibs books in the Scottish League players registration list, both pre and post WWII, and no record of a Todd having played for Hibs here -

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player_list_az.php?page=T

:confused:

Beefster
10-11-2012, 06:50 AM
Not on the list of Scotland caps on Wikipedia either. Not that that is 100% accurate though.

ruthven_raiders
10-11-2012, 07:09 AM
[QUOTE=hibbybrian;3406446]No record of a player named Todd ever having been on Hibs books in the Scottish League players registration list, both pre and post WWII, and no record of a Todd having played for Hibs here -

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/player_list_az.php?page=T

That website is not accurate as my dad played for hibs 1939 just before 2nd world war and he is not on the list. I've got his registration papers and photo in the paper James Ruthven

ruthven_raiders
10-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Do those records only start after 2nd world war then that nay explain if he's not on the list.

hibbybrian
10-11-2012, 07:38 AM
That website is not accurate as my dad played for hibs 1939 just before 2nd world war and he is not on the list. I've got his registration papers and photo in the paper James Ruthven[/QUOTE]

:aok: :cb I'd really appreciate a photocopy of both if at all possible. :wink:

According to the Scottish League players registration list, your Dad (James Veitch Ruthven) was registered on 4th March 1939 and is listed as a Provisional signing but with no first team competitive matches against his name.

According to my data he did play in the trial match at the start of the 1939-40 season, turning out for the Whites (reserves) against the Greens (first team) but I don't have any mention of competitive appearances - again I'd be grateful for any info you have to add to my records :aok:

The stats website only lists players who played for Hibs in competitive matches so if you have any info please post it and I'm sure Bobby S. would be happy to update the website. :thumbsup:

ruthven_raiders
10-11-2012, 09:26 AM
That website is not accurate as my dad played for hibs 1939 just before 2nd world war and he is not on the list. I've got his registration papers and photo in the paper James Ruthven

:aok: :cb I'd really appreciate a photocopy of both if at all possible. :wink:

According to the Scottish League players registration list, your Dad (James Veitch Ruthven) was registered on 4th March 1939 and is listed as a Provisional signing but with no first team competitive matches against his name.

According to my data he did play in the trial match at the start of the 1939-40 season, turning out for the Whites (reserves) against the Greens (first team) but I don't have any mention of competitive appearances - again I'd be grateful for any info you have to add to my records :aok:

The stats website only lists players who played for Hibs in competitive matches so if you have any info please post it and I'm sure Bobby S. would be happy to update the website. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Wow thanks for the info I know he was called up at the start of 2nd world war so probably didn't get a chance to get a competitive game, was posted down south then guested for Luton town down there then got a serious injury to his mastoid which caused deafness in one ear so ending his career. Keep his registration papers and postcard he got from Cardiff city asking to guest for them.

ruthven_raiders
10-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Have photocopy of his documents in a glass frame can take a pic of them all together, also can photocopy originals I have if you want