PDA

View Full Version : Thank you STF and R Petrie

banarc7062
09-11-2012, 10:59 AM
We Hib's supporters have voiced our concerns at the lack of spending on our squad and blamed STF and Rod for not doing their bit. If we look at the "Big Team" over the city they got an owner who had no real interest in the team and only used it for his own purposes whereas we got people who cared.
We have an excellent stadium, they have an asbestos hell hole: we have our own excellent training facilities, they do not:we have an owner who put up the funds to save our club and has not taken offence at some of the comments aimed at him over the years, equally we have not been slow to aim comments at Rod Petrie about his tight financial controls but at this particular time we should stand and show our appreciation that we do not have the problems facing Hearts.
Thank you Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie.

fat freddy
09-11-2012, 11:18 AM
hibs are the blueprint for running a sustainable football club now...many will follow in the footsteps of r.p. and s.t.f. and we owe them a debt of gratitude for standing firm in their fiscal policy when countless fans were demanding player investment we couldn't afford.

Malthibby
09-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Hear, hear.
STF & RP ain't perfect but then neither is anyone else, my gratitude
is boundless.
GG

Elephant Stone
09-11-2012, 11:43 AM
100%.

sbell1875
09-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Agree 100%

My Sevco supporting fans at work have been saying all week that Hearts will be the first of many clubs to go down this route. Despite everything I have said to them about us and our business model they cannot get it into their caveman heads that it won't happen.

Sir Tom and Rod, I thank you for all the work you have done to save, protect and progressively grow our club.

Seveno
09-11-2012, 11:46 AM
It's a bit like moaning at your Mum and Dad about not getting out, not getting to stay up late or not getting the latest toy. So annoying but you know that they have your best interests at heart and they will bring you up to be a decent honourable person.

Unlike the spoiled brats across the road that end up in a Young Offenders Institution.

Hiber-nation
09-11-2012, 11:47 AM
:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Stevie Reid
09-11-2012, 11:48 AM
We won two league cups when we were working our way out of dire financial situations, whilst they have brought themselves to the brink of oblivion for the sake of 3 Scottish Cups - whose achievements are greater?

It's been very hard at times, but the sacrifices that we have made and infrastructure that we have in place will pay dividends long term.

Gatecrasher
09-11-2012, 11:50 AM
We've had it tough but its times like this that makes you realise that the financial security of the club is as important as the football side

iwasthere1972
09-11-2012, 12:09 PM
How a club should be run.

AberdreamHibee
09-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Totally Agree.

Its like anything from the economy to a football club: do NOT spend an unsustainable amount. Sure you can mount up a bit of debt but only if you are 100% certain you can pay it back...rather than keep of spending and then BANG and a massive deficit exceeding your whole clubs value probably by 80-100%!

They deserve a massive amount of credit for how they have run the club, they have still invested the necessary amount (look at where we are now!!) without spending stupid amounts.

All hail the tache and farmer.

Ross4356
09-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Credit where credit is due

jonty
09-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Credit where credit is due
And Tax where Tax is due :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
09-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Their wage bill is near on comparable with us. The playing field is almost level.

I know which squad I'd rather have.

Fife-Hibee
09-11-2012, 12:33 PM
We've had it tough but its times like this that makes you realise that the financial security of the club is as important as the football side

10/10

Heedersnvolleys
09-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Hail hail the tache is here!!! :-(D

Heedersnvolleys
09-11-2012, 12:48 PM
On my phone fat fingers think I just reported a post by mistake on this thread

euansdad
09-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Agreed and yes, I have been frustrated at times in the past with lack of spending but Petrie has cut his cloth to suit the environment we play in and I'd rather be in our boat now than theirs

tonyhib7
09-11-2012, 01:45 PM
There is no point in building a house without solid foundations it will eventually collaspe around you as is now happening to that lot on the other side of town.:thumbsup:

Thanks to STF and RP we have now have a fantastic stadium and training facilities so the foundations are in place. We have over the years had to suffer the lack of investment in the team but i have backed RP in many discussions that what they were implementing with the infurstructure we would benefit more as a team and support going forward.

Ok we have suffered over the last few years with the managers that were put in place, but they were backed by RP with funds (as much as any team in the spl out with old firm and that cheating lot) and did not produce the goods with a team on the park. We now seem to have a manager and the makings of a team that we can enjoy watching and supporting and will hopefully bring much needed success that we all crave for.

That lot are on a mission to save there club (can't see it happening) and they are rallying round and throwing money buy tickets etc. :rolleyes:

As a season ticket holder for many years lets rub it into them by backing our club Hibernian fc by trying to get new and lasped supporters along to easter road and in turn providing the manager with additional funds to better the team. How good would it be to watch them struggle in the lower divisions and them having to watch us grow in size as a support and club, but doing it the right way by paying or taxes and living within in or means. Who is the big team now? :hibees:hibees

CRAZYHIBBY
09-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Show you appreciation by turning up every week.....the more fans we have the more money we have and

Caversham Green
09-11-2012, 03:29 PM
I made this point on the PM board.

Hearts are clearly in crisis. They've floated a share issue - which is a major event for any company, they have a winding-up petition hanging over them and a further tax case to be defended and they are consistently struggling to meet their routine costs. They've even issued a statement that their entire future is at serious risk. It's probably the greatest crisis in their history and it's becoming ever more obvious that this all started many weeks ago.

Where have the directors - the people who are responsible for running the company - been during all this? Well, one flew in to 'sort it all out' yesterday, the rest are nowhere to be seen and the chairman - the figurehead of the whole operation - has been invisible for years. Moreover HoMFC don't pay these directors, they depend on UBIG for a living and now they have to negotiate with UBIG to try to dig HoMFC out of the hole. Can they act in HoMFC's best interests? Not a chance.

It sums up why I've always favoured directors who are paid employees of the company. They depend on the survival of the company for their own living, they work at the company's premises on a daily basis and they are at hand to deal with a crisis immediately. They will also act in the best interests of their employer - but then so will the Hearts directors.

GreenGiant1875
09-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Yep seeing the state of the manky mob over the road has given me new found appreciation for STF and Rod Petrie and the work they've done for hibs. Thank you and well done. Onwards and upwards. The futures green and white. GGTTH

Stevo1875
09-11-2012, 04:35 PM
It's a bit like moaning at your Mum and Dad about not getting out, not getting to stay up late or not getting the latest toy. So annoying but you know that they have your best interests at heart and they will bring you up to be a decent honourable person.

Unlike the spoiled brats across the road that end up in a Young Offenders Institution.

:aok:

essexhibee
09-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Sir Tom Farmer gave me the chance to support this club (unfortunately maybe :greengrin) as the time where we came so close to extinction was before I was born.

Absolute god. :agree:

SquashedFrogg
09-11-2012, 05:23 PM
Well said the OP :agree:

iainm
09-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Imagine if somehow we were to announce Sparky had signed. What a fantastic lift for us and they would be spewing (even more)!

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2012, 08:05 PM
So the bottom line is:

- we lived within our means
- we maximised the returns on youth policy
- we invested in infrastructure giving us a stadium and training ground that we own
- we picked up a wee league cup on the way
- we accepted mediocre football
- we survived and are in a position to be players in the new structure of European football

It's all a bit biblical, and I am glad that so many Hibs fans didn't turn on the board along the way. What's even better those that did will learn to think longer term.

All that remains is the padlock to shut on the PBS forever, and our morality tale will be complete.

Borderhibbie76
09-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Been a fierce critic of rp over the years, yes he didmake mistakes with certain managerial appointments but thank god for him and stf! Look at us and look at our pennyless pink neighbours! Ironically enough, after years of misery for us, just as we seem to be turning a corner on the field, its all coming crumbling down over the road! Funny old game right enough!!

Phil D. Rolls
09-11-2012, 08:17 PM
They are casting as big a shadow as the twin towers did on 9/11.

euansdad
09-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Yip. I'm going to be honest, I've been frustrated at times particularly after relegation battles and derby losses but fair play, the powers that be have lived within their means and are securing a better future for us

s.a.m
09-11-2012, 08:24 PM
So the bottom line is:

- we lived within our means
- we maximised the returns on youth policy
- we invested in infrastructure giving us a stadium and training ground that we own
- we picked up a wee league cup on the way
- we accepted mediocre football
- we survived and are in a position to be players in the new structure of European football

It's all a bit biblical, and I am glad that so many Hibs fans didn't turn on the board along the way. What's even better those that did will learn to think longer term.

All that remains is the padlock to shut on the PBS forever, and our morality tale will be complete.

:agree:
Although I would like to add that we have SUFFERED:grr: while the fur coat and nae knickers brigade tarted their wares around the country, and shoved them in our faces. We're hopefully at a point now where we are starting, eventually to see a return for our patience. And the tarts are getting their justice anaw.:wink:

edinburghhibee
10-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Wee idea I just had what about in the 62nd minute of the derby on the 2nd December we have a minutes applause for our grand leaders, show our appreciation to them and show that shower of ***** how a club should be run.

What do you guys think?

kaimendhibs
10-11-2012, 02:36 AM
I am loving the demise if that manky mob, every lingering minute of it. All I hear from them is how they beat us in the cup final, because they have nothing, yes, nothing else to throw our way. We have a fantastic stadium, brilliant training academy and are at the top end of the table, even more, we have a long long future ahead. They have nothing. Less than nothing. Ha ha ha. Ggtth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
10-11-2012, 02:54 AM
I like many ohters have moaned about lack of ambition etc, and probably more than one night I've went to bed in the huff with our MD and owner, but no matter how many defeats I blamed on a lack of spending, when you look at heh mob from over the road, one admits, that I would much rather be in our shoes, than theirs.

So Mr Petrie and Sir Tom, my thanks for running the ship in an orderly controlledmaaner within our means, rather than punt everything on doing it in a short term spectacular manner, and most importantly not allowing us to be run like a circus and held up to public ridicule.

Its all very well running up bills on the credit card and having a good time, winning tophies etc, but eventually the credit card has to be paid.

Hearts may very well lose their house in order to fund their good times.

Greendub
10-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Wee idea I just had what about in the 62nd minute of the derby on the 2nd December we have a minutes applause for our grand leaders, show our appreciation to them and show that shower of ***** how a club should be run.

What do you guys think?
62nd and the 70th?

edinburghhibee
10-11-2012, 10:49 AM
62nd and the 70th?

Oft! Would that no really wind up our neighbours though.... Na your right **** them!!!

The_Sauz
10-11-2012, 11:15 AM
62nd and the 70th?
It should be the 07th min (remember it was at the PBS) and 62nd :wink:

cam2644
10-11-2012, 11:17 AM
I've been a critic of RP because of poor managerial appointments and a poor signings policy.However both problems have been worked on to some success recently.Compared to what's happened in most other clubs and especially across the city,we've been very well managed and STF and RP deserve full credit for that.

Greendub
10-11-2012, 11:43 AM
It should be the 07th min (remember it was at the PBS) and 62nd :wink:

That's better, one in each half!

--------
10-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Oft! Would that no really wind up our neighbours though.... Na your right **** them!!!

What makes you think they would have the brains to work out what's going on? They're incapable of keeping two unrelated thoughts in their heads at the one time. :wink:

There have been times when I've lost patience after Derby defeats. I'm uncomfortable with the short-term contracts we seem to be stuck with, but to be honest that could simply be the way football is these days rather than a deliberate policy on Hibs' part. I want to see us beating Hearts on a regular basis - every time would be nice, but winning more than we lose would be OK - and the Cup Final hurt bitterly, as much from the way the team failed to perform as from the result.

STF and RP have had it tight from me at times - especially in the aftermath of 19 May - but yes, they run the club in the only sustainable way possible. And deep down I do know this and thank them for it.

My mother's family lived in Orwell Place, just off Dalry Road, but moved to Restalrig Road in the late 1930's. My maternal grandfather, I regret to say, supported Hearts, as did a fair chunk of her side of the family - even the ones who lived in Portobello.

My father's family lived in Duke Street, Leith, and my father watched his football at ER. My mother and father met through their membership of Duke Street Congregational Church; I spent the first six months of my life in the family flat in Duke Street; and when I began to take an interest in football, Dad took me to Easter Road.

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if it had been the other way around - my father's family moving to the west of the city rather than my mother's folks moving to Restalrig. Doesn't bear thinking about. I am SO glad my roots are in Leith and my football team Hibs. And that goes even for the really bad times, too.

Hibs owe their origins in the 1870's to a group of people - businessmen, clergy, community leaders - taking an ethical stance against prejudice and bigotry in a particular area of the life of the 'establishment' of the city of Edinburgh. It's fair to say that Hearts have always been the 'establishment' team in the city, and Hibs have been in a real sense the outsiders. At times the club has lost sight of the sense of right and wrong that moved Father Hannan, Michael Whelahan and their supporters in the beginning, but STF himself is a link to those days and to those ideals.

There's one modern, fit-for-purpose football stadium in Edinburgh - Easter Road.

One team has modern, fit-for-purpose training facilities owned by the club and free from financial encumbrances.

Oh yes - and there's only one SPL football club in Edinburgh that pays its taxes and National Insurance dues on time; whose players don't wonder each month if there's going to be a salary cheque deposited in their bank accounts; whose suppliers and sub-contractors can have confidence that their bills will be paid during the same calendar year as they submit them.

Andd there's only ONE team (and it isn't Hibs) whose owner, directors and officers conduct themselves in ways that make Avon Barksdale and Proposition Joe look like respectable and upstanding pillars of the community.

At least Barksdale and Joe PAID their basketball players in full and on time, IIRC. That's more than Romanov does.

Now we need to use the training ground to put a team worthy of the traditions and history of the club on the pitch of the stadium. From all I'm hearing, Pat Fenlon's now beginning to do just that. The team's certainly playing far better than last season.

We grumble and grouse about the way things are sometimes, but truth is that whatever happens or doesn't happen around ER, I could never support Hearts. The foundation's in place and it's sound. For that we have STF and RP to thank, and I do.

So now can we sort they dirty toe-rags out on the pitch - PLEASE?

:hibees :hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees