PDA

View Full Version : Huge game on Sunday

Billy Whizz
08-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Not a lot of news coming out pf Hibs this week, seem to be keeping a low profile.
The game against a United for me will be a marker for this new Hibs team. United on a bit of a role again, and they seem to have all their big players back.
Can't see too many changes from Saturday's starting 11 unless Clancy is fit.
Hopefully get a decent performance

euansdad
08-11-2012, 08:02 PM
It is. The huge comeback against Celtic and the win in midweek will see them on a role. Will be a toughie

Sir David Gray
08-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Yep, after all the hilarity from the last few days regarding the news from the paupers across the city, we should now be focusing on what is a massive game for us on Sunday.

We have a shocking record against Dundee Utd in recent years and it will be a big opportunity for us to keep the pressure on Celtic and also to pull further away from the other teams in the league.

I'm unfortunately working on Sunday so I won't be able to make it but I hope we see a big crowd for this match and we can continue our excellent start to the season.

euansdad
08-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Have to SKY+ it, cant even watch it whilst at work

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Completely agree with the OP, this is a major test of the "new" Hibs. People obsess about the lack of wins against Hearts, but the record against Dundee United is arguably worse over (say) a 5 year period, which reflects the decline of Hibs since 2007 and their consistency in the same period. The only game I can recall Hibs winning in the last four years against them was when they were resting players ahead of a cup final and Hibs had to win to get a European place. If Hibs can win (or even get the better end of a draw) in a game like this it would be a significant step forward.

HibeeN
08-11-2012, 08:36 PM
We've painted the away dressing room bright green, hope Skacel enjoys it :thumbsup:

Alex Trager
08-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Need to get back at them for the start of the season.
Serious dislike toward UTD and don't even really know why, but we should manage the points cause I think we are better than them. When Is Deegan back?

Brebners Bookie
08-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Not a lot of news coming out pf Hibs this week, seem to be keeping a low profile.
The game against a United for me will be a marker for this new Hibs team. United on a bit of a role again, and they seem to have all their big players back.

Really hope Clancy is back for this one, Maybury is solid but Clancy has been a standout so far. Anyone know if Deegan has been training yet?

Vault Boy
08-11-2012, 11:02 PM
I think every game so far this season has been labeled as important, as they should be. It is key for us to make up for our heavy loss at the start of the season to show the kind of progression we have made. I'm fairly certain Deegan hasn't trained yet, he went back to the ground to say hello to his team mates, I believe that is all for now, probably this year. Unfortunately. I'm sure Taiwo will come into a game though, really impressed me against Motherwell.

essexhibee
08-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Is it 12.45 ko? Gonna miss first half due to travel back to uni cocked right up on the times :rolleyes:

Bishop Hibee
08-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Cheesed off I'm missing this. The atmosphere will be tremendous with Thomson the ref and our neighbours predicament.

Utd are coming onto a bit of form and have players returning to full fitness. We'll need to be at our best to get a win but I thought Griffiths had his best game for us on Saturday so fingers crossed.

euansdad
08-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah mate it is

Rasta_Hibs
08-11-2012, 11:38 PM
Close faught win if our defence plays well then we have a great chance cos we should score.

monktonharp
08-11-2012, 11:51 PM
looking forward to this one, and hoping to hear some new songs from S43:wink: dont like D.Utd for some reason,maybe because they've had the Indian sign on us for so long.this game will be a test of our character, as we've had a few breaks recently.however, the ref wont give us the benefit o' a 50/50 throw in in our own half if he can get away wi' it. we will need to earn a result,and can expect nae favours at all.

OsloHibs
09-11-2012, 02:02 AM
I shall be there! First game this season and I cannot bloody wait :hibees
Couldn't have picked a better time to come home really.

Hibercelona
09-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Somebody to start a song about Hearts going bust and Thomson to lose the head and do everything he can to ruin the game.

drifter533814
09-11-2012, 02:44 AM
I have always found that it is utd fans that hate us, never understood why?. Is it because they resent the fact we had a hand in their formation back in the day or maybe because we enjoyed dundee winning so much back in 86. Whatever it is, I feel like because they hate us so much I am obligated to respond in the same manner.

euansdad
09-11-2012, 04:54 AM
Could it be a casual/hooligan thing? There were a number of incidents between the two sets over the years. Clutching at straws but might be something there

iainm1875
09-11-2012, 06:06 AM
I'm sure they hate us after the match at ER when they put the ball out for an injured player and we kept it. Matty Jack I think. Throw in , corner, penalty, goal Latapy, Combe sent off.

marinello59
09-11-2012, 06:12 AM
Do they hate us? I have enjoyed decent banter before and after matches with United fans down the years.

euansdad
09-11-2012, 08:17 AM
I've never heard anything apart from just the usual banter to be honest

lord bunberry
09-11-2012, 08:30 AM
I think every game so far this season has been labeled as important, as they should be. It is key for us to make up for our heavy loss at the start of the season to show the kind of progression we have made. I'm fairly certain Deegan hasn't trained yet, he went back to the ground to say hello to his team mates, I believe that is all for now, probably this year. Unfortunately. I'm sure Taiwo will come into a game though, really impressed me against Motherwell.

i would agree with that every game seems like its vital because of whats happened in the previous 2 seasons everyone still has that little bit of fear that we might return to that level again and i feel that is whats driving us on this season its the determination to never let us drop our standards. Were a team with something to prove and that makes us dangerous

:hibees:hibees:hibees

WestEndHibee
09-11-2012, 08:52 AM
i would agree with that every game seems like its vital because of whats happened in the previous 2 seasons everyone still has that little bit of fear that we might return to that level again and i feel that is whats driving us on this season its the determination to never let us drop our standards. Were a team with something to prove and that makes us dangerous

:hibees:hibees:hibees

This is a huge game. I think Dundee utd are the team I've seen us lose to most in my ventures to Easter road over the past few years. Thanks to a Sunday game I'll be making my first game this season! Getting excited already and I can't say I've had that before a game in a while!

euansdad
09-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Will be ignoring this forum Sunday afternoon. Will tape it on sky and watch it when I get in. This is a game I'm pumped for. Win it and it really sets down a marker

Part/Time Supporter
09-11-2012, 06:53 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20196357

Deegan definitely out

Clancy probably out

Barry Douglas out for United, which means Gunning playing out of position at left back.

Apocalypso
09-11-2012, 08:18 PM
We used to always beat United tae. What happened ? Damn.

Billy Whizz
09-11-2012, 08:37 PM
We used to always beat United tae. What happened ? Damn.

In the days of Tam (pole dancer) McManus etc, we had a great record

CalgaryHibs
09-11-2012, 08:45 PM

We have a score to settle with them so 3-0 for us Sparky with two

Apocalypso
09-11-2012, 08:52 PM
In the days of Tam (pole dancer) McManus etc, we had a great record

Pumped them 5-0 at the start of some season, and regularly about that time. They were always a team we could count on getting the 3 points against. Let's bring it back.

Lang Toun Hibs
09-11-2012, 08:57 PM

Completely correct. The 4-0 win at Motherwell deserves to be followed up by 6 points from two home games. We're half way there but struggled a bit against St Mirren in my opinion. This will be a tougher test against a better team on a bit of roll with him in their team and that in the middle....sorry can't bring myself to dirty my post with the names but I guess you know who I'm talking about. A win this weekend will be a tremendous result.

GGTTH!

euansdad
09-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Feed the.....griffiths

Sean1875
10-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Sorry for the slight change of subject, but this is the closest related thread i could find, but anyone know of any boozers that will be open tomorrow before the game down Easter Road way? Im assuming there's still daft laws about pubs not being open before a certain time on sundays blah blah. Any help would be appreciated :aok:

Hiber-nation
10-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Our biggest game this season....hoping for a decent crowd. Need more from Doyle this week. Utd have 3 players who are a real threat - the rest are basically average at best. So if we can take care of Russell, Daly and Mackay-Steven then the game's won and we're back on top...:wink:

:flag:

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2012, 10:56 PM
This is our toughest test this season IMO and is up there with games against Celtic or the Yams. Utd have an excellent front 3 and we will have to be at our best to stop them scoring.

If we can get a win in this one it will be our best result of the season and will be a real boost to our season.

euansdad
10-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Certainly need to up it from last week

Onceinawhile
10-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Pumped them 5-0 at the start of some season, and regularly about that time. They were always a team we could count on getting the 3 points against. Let's bring it back.

Except victories were only worth 2 points in those days.

That was my first game as a s/t holder. Michael O'Neill scored a peach.

muzzhfc
10-11-2012, 11:49 PM
what i would like to happen . . . 5-1 Hibs sachtel sent off and thompson gets injured.

what i think will happen . . . hibs win cloesly contested game

Hiber-nation
10-11-2012, 11:54 PM
what i would like to happen . . . 5-1 Hibs sachtel sent off and thompson gets injured.

what i think will happen . . . hibs win cloesly contested game

Who's Thompson? (apart from the Utd Chairman)

monktonharp
11-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Who's Thompson? (apart from the Utd Chairman)take a guess:wink: clue;19th may 12th man:wink:

essexhibee
11-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Massive game this. Gonna be a big test. Griffiths to score again!

The Tubs
11-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Except victories were only worth 2 points in those days.

That was my first game as a s/t holder. Michael O'Neill scored a peach.

I think the 3 point system was brought in at the beginning of that year (1994).

Hiber-nation
11-11-2012, 12:10 AM
take a guess:wink: clue;19th may 12th man:wink:

Ah...right. It was the spelling that got me.

muzzhfc
11-11-2012, 12:13 AM
take a guess:wink: clue;19th may 12th man:wink:

sorry meant thomson. please forgive my error in adding a "p" to a man we wouldnt normally give 2 farts about. im sure people have "mis-spelled" his name c-u-n-t and such before?

monktonharp
11-11-2012, 12:17 AM
sorry meant thomson. please forgive my error in adding a "p" to a man we wouldnt normally give 2 farts about. im sure people have "mis-spelled" his name c-u-n-t and such before?thats fine, but i DO HOPE THE OTHER ONE GETS INJURED TAE

hibsitis
11-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Have to SKY+ it, cant even watch it whilst at work
Quite right. But drivers have a responsibility to their passengers.

Barrabus
11-11-2012, 01:45 AM
Today is a huge game against an improving Arabs team. Anyone who calls themself a Hibs fan should be there - no excuses. This is the game where we should show ourselves as standing together. I personally think that they have better players than us now they're back to full strength but the better team does not always win. I used to quite like Dundee Utd (in European games) but when they let the tail wag the the dog when no. 51 signed for them I no longer have any time for the spineless club. I'm going to the game today with the mindset that we're playing the tax dodgers from Gorgie. I know there's a rugby game on, but stuff that because we are Hibernian FC!

iwasthere1972
11-11-2012, 02:12 AM
Today is a huge game against an improving Arabs team. Anyone who calls themself a Hibs fan should be there - no excuses. This is the game where we should show ourselves as standing together. I personally think that they have better players than us now they're back to full strength but the better team does not always win. I used to quite like Dundee Utd (in European games) but when they let the tail wag the the dog when no. 51 signed for them I no longer have any time for the spineless club. I'm going to the game today with the mindset that we're playing the tax dodgers from Gorgie. I know there's a rugby game on, but stuff that because we are Hibernian FC!

I agree with everything you say except the bit in bold.

Pete
11-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Feed the.....griffiths

This is the key. If we can boss the midfield and support Leigh then we'll score. I think we'll need big games from Claros and Taiwo to stop them asserting themselves...and if they do their jobs right they'll have Spoony, Cairney and our wing-backs to worry about.

Make no mistake, they will be ****-scared of Griffiths and will be going all-out to stop him. He's the most valuable player in the league right now.

I'm naturally pessimistic about United, especially with the way they are playing right now, but lets not forget that we are above them and we aren't that team that simply bends over and takes it any more. If we lose to a piece of genius by the gypsy then so be it, we'll just dust ourselves down and fight on next week because we sure as hell wont have lost that match because we lacked of effort or desire!

The whole of Scotland thinks they will come here and walk it as our bubble is bound to burst. We're skating on thin ice and will sink back down where we belong. I think United will be shocked when we give them a game and Leigh rips them to bits...aided by his supporting cast of course!
:flag:

lord bunberry
11-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Sorry for the slight change of subject, but this is the closest related thread i could find, but anyone know of any boozers that will be open tomorrow before the game down Easter Road way? Im assuming there's still daft laws about pubs not being open before a certain time on sundays blah blah. Any help would be appreciated :aok:

The new yorker along at meadowbank is open so is the bank hotel at the tron