PDA

View Full Version : We should help Save The Hearts (or maybe not?)

fatbloke
08-11-2012, 06:27 PM
Dear Fellow Hibbies

Please hear my Heartfelt plea. Please please help me save Hearts.

I have set up an Organisation called Contribute and Save Hearts. I ask all hibbies to send me a contribution to save Hearts.

All i need is the following
1. Your full name and postal address
2. Your Bank Account number and account pin number
3 Your Bank sort code or

Cheques only made out to Contribute and Save Hearts or CASH for short and I promise I will put all cheques towards saving the Hearts - honest.

Disclaimer - Any similarity to a scam being run from Nigeria or Lithuania is entirely intentional.

Edgar J Loophole, Company Lawyer.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2012, 06:31 PM
Dear Fellow Hibbies

I have set up an Organisation called Contribute and Save Hearts. I ask all hibbies to send me a contribution to save Hearts.

3 Your Bank sort code or

Cheques only made out to Contribute and Save Hearts or CASH for short and I promise I will put all cheques towards saving the Hearts - honest.

Disclaimer - Any similarity to a scam being run from Nigeria or Lithuania is entirely intentional.

I'll kick things off by pledging a turnip. Let me know where to send it.

fatbloke
08-11-2012, 06:32 PM

:greengrin

bingo70
08-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Dear Fellow Hibbies

3 Your Bank sort code or

So what your offering is an opportunity to put money into a football club with no chance to get my money back and won't get close to solving the financial problems of this club?

If you run out of money again next month will i be able to give you more again?

Sounds like a pretty good deal :agree:

fatbloke
08-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Further to my heartfelt plea can I advise that Ukio Bankas share plunged downwards by 3.47% today - this is becoming more urgent by the day.

fatbloke
08-11-2012, 06:35 PM
So what your offering is an opportunity to put money into a football club with no chance to get my money back and won't get close to solving the financial problems of this club?

If you run out of money again next month will i be able to give you more again?

Sounds like a pretty good deal :agree:

Dammit sussed already:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Dear Fellow Hibbies

1. Your full name and postal address Mrs Isa Laughinathearts
2. Your Bank Account number and account pin number Acc No - 70707070 PIN 1875
3 Your Bank sort code or Sort Code 626262

It's a worthwhile cause so why not.

Dibben
08-11-2012, 06:41 PM

Sod the turnip, I'm going to send them a Cabbage!!!

:thumbsup:

fatbloke
08-11-2012, 06:41 PM
It's a worthwhile cause so why not.

I don't think you are taking Hearts perilous position seriously enough:greengrin

Saorsa
08-11-2012, 06:44 PM
I wouldnae gie them the steam off of one of these http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/smilies%202/turd4.gif tae heat their changing rooms

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2012, 06:44 PM
I don't think you are taking Hearts perilous position seriously enough:greengrin

Yes I agree, in addition to my pledge of cash I would like to offer a shoulder to cry on.

fatbloke
08-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Yes I agree, in addition to my pledge of cash I would like to offer a shoulder to cry on.

:faf:

#FromTheCapital
08-11-2012, 06:46 PM
I'm skint so can't offer money but I'd be willing to volunteer for some manual labour, for example pitch maintenance. As long as my bus fares and pitch fork are provided that is?

Bostonhibby
08-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Further to my heartfelt plea can I advise that Ukio Bankas share plunged downwards by 3.47% today - this is becoming more urgent by the day.

Are you collecting for them as well? maybe they'd appreciate the turnip - its going to be a long cold winter :titanic:

H1bs6H3arts2 FC
08-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Dear Fellow Hibbies

3 Your Bank sort code or

will you take vbuttons? :dunno:

Dave-O
08-11-2012, 06:50 PM
will you take vbuttons? :dunno:

The state their in they'll take shirt....:greengrin

fatbloke
08-11-2012, 06:53 PM
The state their in they'll take shirt....:greengrin

Chocolate?:greengrin

Kato
08-11-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm off out selling pegs. All the proceeds will go toward Hearts..

..... (after costs).

Rossco1875
08-11-2012, 07:03 PM
ill donate a nail preferably the last one. :greengrin

Saorsa
08-11-2012, 07:04 PM
ill donate a nail preferably the last one. :greengrin:greengrin

Cabbage East
08-11-2012, 07:07 PM
I'd like to pledge sympathy, empathy, best wishes and a pair of well worn bowling shoes.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2012, 07:08 PM
I donate the big steamy sh-ite that I'm just away to give birth to.

Fife-Hibee
08-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Dear Fellow Hibbies

3 Your Bank sort code or

Here' ive got Athlete's foot, your welcome to that. Might come in handy in january when you only have half a team left !!

Eyrie
08-11-2012, 07:31 PM
I have 60000 vbuttons that I have never found a use for. After careful consideration I have decided to donate fully one vbutton to the campaign to save Hearts.

Saorsa
08-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Here's my donation, it's mair than I wanted tae give but I didnae have any change

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/VladQuid-A4.jpg

Phil D. Rolls
08-11-2012, 07:38 PM
I think the time has come to finally accept the logic in merging the two Edinburgh teams.

They will play in green and white and their home ground will be Easter Road. Their name will be Hibernian FC, or as a concession Edinburgh Hibernian FC. The best players of both clubs will join together to give the capital a team truly capable of competing in Europe at the highest level.

Likewise we will also merge the best employees of both clubs, meaning that in addition to the magnificent personnel at Hibs just now, we will acquire Hearts hard working cleaning and catering staff. The club will be run by Rod Petrie, who is sure to provide the catalyst to unite the fans, as they all hate him.

By adding 400,000 fans from Hearts core support, the new club will have a massive pool of people prepared to pay for anything and accept whatever they are told. As a business venture, it cannot fail.

I'm surprised no-one has thought of this before.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2012, 07:58 PM
I think the time has come to finally accept the logic in merging the two Edinburgh teams.

They will play in green and white and their home ground will be Easter Road. Their name will be Hibernian FC, or as a concession Edinburgh Hibernian FC. The best players of both clubs will join together to give the capital a team truly capable of competing in Europe at the highest level.

Likewise we will also merge the best employees of both clubs, meaning that in addition to the magnificent personnel at Hibs just now, we will acquire Hearts hard working cleaning and catering staff. The club will be run by Rod Petrie, who is sure to provide the catalyst to unite the fans, as they all hate him.

By adding 400,000 fans from Hearts core support, the new club will have a massive pool of people prepared to pay for anything and accept whatever they are told. As a business venture, it cannot fail.

:agree: Think I will dust off the prospectus that nice Mr Mercer sent me to try and get me to invest in a similar thing that he was trying to set up a while ago - maybe he was a man ahead of his time? Not really his fault that he got the wrong team - there were 2 to choose from :faf:

hibees 7062
08-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Ill donate the use of my JCB for the pitch at half time , or stick it up front , cant be any worse

jabis
08-11-2012, 09:12 PM

I love oor Rod :greengrin

sauzee1966
08-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Classic interview with Uncle Fester to say he would be quite happy to have a wage delay if it would help the club... But sir the point is you would not have a choice anyway.....if you still have a Job your wages will be late...and the other option is that the club will have gone belly up and you will not have a job. Only 2 options available so why say you would 'offer' to take a wage delay...what a total FUD!!:na na::agree:

green glory
08-11-2012, 09:36 PM
Classic interview with Uncle Fester to say he would be quite happy to have a wage delay if it would help the club... But sir the point is you would not have a choice anyway.....if you still have a Job your wages will be late...and the other option is that the club will have gone belly up and you will not have a job. Only 2 options available so why say you would 'offer' to take a wage delay...what a total FUD!!:na na::agree:

I think janny McGlynn gets paid in B+Q vouchers.

Hexham Hibee
08-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Why don't they get two of their many celebrity fans to perform on the pitch at half-time during the St Midden game (as a final goodbye). Ronnie Corbett could sword fence Stephen Hendry with snooker cues.

surreyhibbie
08-11-2012, 11:25 PM
A noble sentiment, fatbloke.

I will immediately transfer my life savings to your account in order to help this Scottish institution continue its proud march through the annals of Scottish, and, indeed, world, football.

How can we forget their massive contribution to world peace, winning all those world wars on their own etc..

Away Chas, ya ******g radge, most people get more sensible with age, not you eh? :greengrin

Ps I trust you are laughing your bollocks off, as I am !

:greengrin:flag::hibees

ONE TEAM IN EDINBURGH!!!!!!

hibees 7062
08-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Why don't they get two of their many celebrity fans to perform on the pitch at half-time during the St Midden game (as a final goodbye). Ronnie Corbett could sword fence Stephen Hendry with snooker cues.

Id give Stephen Hendry a chainsaw , he has to be on his knees though :greengrin

WestEndHibee
08-11-2012, 11:35 PM
Dear Fellow Hibbies

3 Your Bank sort code or

Franck Mixu Leigh Kidd
1973 solvency lane
Edinburgh
I-h8 hmfc

--------
08-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Dear Fellow Hibbies

3 Your Bank sort code or

You the guy that keeps emailing me from the Cayman Islands?

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/take%20that%21.gif

iwasthere1972
09-11-2012, 12:29 AM
I can donate some of my time. Something that they don't have much of.

It's be a helluva wait but it's been worthwhile.

iwasthere1972
09-11-2012, 12:37 AM
You the guy that keeps emailing me from the Cayman Islands?

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/take%20that%21.gif

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wyEJjP9u50YDrY4K7diWtvMBBeaSdVQ9vExdvnQLGMU-KNkHi8pUWzWhjPHtHK1sX-1Ko0xTW9BfXnCRNgfwkT4mvmTM0kBuVu_0drxc4WkHuvd-hA :aok:

mixuok
09-11-2012, 07:52 AM
Dear Fellow Hibbies

3 Your Bank sort code or

no no no no

PatHead
09-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Can I give you this months visa bill? Sure it won't be noticed amongst all the rest of the debt.

heretoday
09-11-2012, 08:26 AM
I'd consider helping out if more Hearts fans had risen up and protested when Mercer was trying to exterminate Hibs back in 1991. Some did to be fair but not enough I'm afraid so my answer has to be:

POKE IT UP YOUR **** :greengrin

Not In The Know
09-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Which leads me into - should we try and help them? Dont get me wrong, i actually do hate 90% of the fans and the way they have lorded it over us for most of my adult life. All this big team crap which we know is bull and how Hearts have spent their way to oblivion with the fans sleep walking behind them.

But for us to actually do something bigger than a 1-5 defeat in the cup etc. Would forever cement our standing as the decent outstanding institution that we are. Something they will never be able to forget, THAT IF IT WASNT FOR US THEY WOULDN'T EXIST.

Firstly unlike our Jumbo neighbours its pretty obvious how stupid it is to give any money to Mad Vlad.

Do the sleep walking jamboid zombies even have an "action group" HOH / Rangers fighting fund kinda thing? Because that is the only sensible destination for cash to be donated to.

We could play a Hibs/Hearts friendly at Easter Road with a couple of guest legends for both teams and the gate money goes to help.

Im still not sure if im trying to be nice here or wanting to have the opportunity to forever have one over them?

Pedantic_Hibee
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Thought to myself last night if I won the Euromillions tonight would I continue to laugh at them or would I bail them out and never let them forget that they were saved only by a Hibee. That would be almost as pleasing.

I'd be tempted to ask how much they needed to be saved and then donate that exact amount to Spartans. **** 'em.

euansdad
09-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Get your reasoning and it would provide a moral triumph but I'm old enough to remember the mercer days and giving them anything would make me puke to be honest

blackpoolhibs
09-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Which leads me into - should we try and help them? Dont get me wrong, i actually do hate 90% of the fans and the way they have lorded it over us for most of my adult life. All this big team crap which we know is bull and how Hearts have spent their way to oblivion with the fans sleep walking behind them.

But for us to actually do something bigger than a 1-5 defeat in the cup etc. Would forever cement our standing as the decent outstanding institution that we are. Something they will never be able to forget, THAT IF IT WASNT FOR US THEY WOULDN'T EXIST.

Firstly unlike our Jumbo neighbours its pretty obvious how stupid it is to give any money to Mad Vlad.

Do the sleep walking jamboid zombies even have an "action group" HOH / Rangers fighting fund kinda thing? Because that is the only sensible destination for cash to be donated to.

We could play a Hibs/Hearts friendly at Easter Road with a couple of guest legends for both teams and the gate money goes to help.

Im still not sure if im trying to be nice here or wanting to have the opportunity to forever have one over them?

:faf::faf::faf::faf: Put me down as a no.

Matty_Jack04
09-11-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm out

Not In The Know
09-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Does any know if they have an action group? Beggars belief if they don't.

Sergey
09-11-2012, 09:55 AM
:faf::faf::faf::faf: Put me down as a no.

Seconded.

silverhibee
09-11-2012, 10:00 AM

No F***ing chance, let them die.

No from me.

--------
09-11-2012, 10:06 AM

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Do you seriously think any of them would be grateful?

Do you seriously think they wouldn't just grab the money, then go right back to being their arrogant, condescending, obnoxious selves?

I would go along with a match - not at ER, though - on condition that the Hearts players were wearing pink tutus and flip-flops and our guys had old-fashioned tackety boots, tasers and shinty sticks.

Frankly, I think you should change your username to MIXTUP. :rolleyes:

WHAM
09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
No way in hell should we help them.

Actually, I hate these t%ssers so much I would much rather contribute to their DEMISE if possible!

Any way we can speed up their death? :yw:

jacomo
09-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Thought to myself last night if I won the Euromillions tonight would I continue to laugh at them or would I bail them out and never let them forget that they were saved only by a Hibee. That would be almost as pleasing.

I'd be tempted to ask how much they needed to be saved and then donate that exact amount to Spartans. **** 'em.

If you do win, please organise a Press Conference at the Balmoral Hotel or similar, announcing that you are looking to invest up to £25m in a football club.

Go quiet for a week to allow the pleading to become a frenzy... and then announce you are investing in Hibs.

Wee Scottie Dug
09-11-2012, 10:25 AM
No thanks ........ wake me up when they've gone away .......... :zzzzz!:

Suburban Hibby
09-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Get your reasoning and it would provide a moral triumph but I'm old enough to remember the mercer days and giving them anything would make me puke to be honest

Nail on head- they would happily have seen us disappear- they can GTF.

iwasthere1972
09-11-2012, 10:32 AM

Count me out.

I would even go as far as to suggest that when we bump into a Yam we should greet them with "We're considerably richer than you"

iwasthere1972
09-11-2012, 10:33 AM

We could play a Hibs/Hearts f
riendly at Easter Road with a couple of guest legends for both teams and the gate money goes to help.

Count me out.

I would even go as far as to suggest that when we bump into a Yam we should greet them with "We're considerably richer than you"

fat freddy
09-11-2012, 10:45 AM
i was thinking along the same lines as the o.p.....to show our moral superiority i thought it might be a good idea to set up a donation fund by hibs fans to buy hearts shares...it would be especially funny if we raised more than the fundraiser over on keekboak which stood at 2400 quid the last i heard....not only would this gesture highlight the hibernian spirit of helping the downtrodden and the needy it would also gives us grounds to claim to moral high ground when we get the old 'loads of jambos supported hibs during the mercer takeover' argument....also, if such a fundraiser were to occur it would be done with the knowledge that it would in no way actually help hearts as they are most probably already bound for the 3rd division..

like i said earlier, this was only a thought and a thought it will remain.

Craig_in_Prague
09-11-2012, 10:53 AM
Shame Skacel couldn't sign for them, I just won the Czech lottery and was willing to pay his wages for 2 weeks.

Ach well, I'll just need to drink it, meaning the binge will last longer than Hearts will.

I'm out.

itchy07
09-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Sorry Op, don't want to help them. I will however, attend the wake.:party::scarf:

essexhibee
09-11-2012, 10:59 AM
Absolutely and utterly no ****ing way.

They beat us in a final with three players (Black, Barr, Webster) all who could have come to Hibs only for Hearts to come in and offer higher wages just to price us out. They deserve everything they get for living outside their means and having players they couldn't afford to pay, a factor which has contributed to many derby defeats and two cups under Romanov's reign.

I have family and friends that are jambos..feel sorry for them as they are all good people but the actual club deserves to be punished. Wipe them from the face of scottish football for good. Ta ta. :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
09-11-2012, 11:04 AM
am in

spend it wisely yamboids, need any more just ask

SaulGoodman
09-11-2012, 11:15 AM
If I won the euro millions I'd burn the money they needed right in front of Tynecastle.

**** them.

norhfc
09-11-2012, 11:26 AM
but seriusly....does anyone know when the Hertz tickets SHOULD go out on sale.
Am in Edinburgh that weekend so am praying for this cup game to go ahead,call
me short sighted but dont give a hoot about them after that.

AndyM_1875
09-11-2012, 11:52 AM
No, sorry, we should do absolutely nothing.

Hibs didn't bring in players we couldn't afford.
Hibs didn't indulge in financial doping.
Hibs didnt indulge in atrocious displays of hubris and dismissive arrogance towards their neighbours.

Its not our f***ing problem.

So why should we do anything?

HarpyHibby
09-11-2012, 12:08 PM
I wont be donating anything. Hearts have got themselves into this mess and its up to the to get theirselves out of it. It is completely different to the Mercer situation, if it had of been something similar I would certainly have donated.

euansdad
09-11-2012, 01:08 PM
No, sorry, we should do absolutely nothing.

Hibs didn't bring in players we couldn't afford.
Hibs didn't indulge in financial doping.
Hibs didnt indulge in atrocious displays of hubris and dismissive arrogance towards their neighbours.

Its not our f***ing problem.

So why should we do anything?

Hard to disagree. There are no hard luck stories here, this is all of their own making

LeighLoyal
09-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Help them take out the silverware won on dual contracts.

HiBremian
09-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Have to agree with most of the posters here that, as things stand, I wouldn't lift a finger to help them. BUT I'm more interested in how to reform the whole pile of sh*te that is Scottish football. I'm no jamboid-hater for the sake of it, it's the likes of Mad Vlad, the Ugly Sisters' decades of sucking any meaningful competition out of the game, the tax cheats, that I want to see the back of. Personally, I'd welcome a fan-owned Zombie Yams trying to climb their way back up the leagues. But the bigger picture is getting Scottish football reformed, and if it takes the death of another Big Team with a 400,000 fan base to bring that nearer, that's fine by me.

lyonhibs
09-11-2012, 01:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_LsCRgs_Pg

euansdad
09-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Agree. Scottish football is rotten and mismanaged and its been that way for a while. Need to take this as an opportunity to reform

jonny
09-11-2012, 03:10 PM

I hate Hearts - the problem I have with all thats going on is that I actually love hating them.
I fully appreciate that what becomes of them is their own doing but personally I'd rather we still had a real derby to look forward to (lets be honest, Dunfermline, Raith or Falkirk isn't a real derby for us). For me, watching football without a Hearts in existence would be like watching a war movie without any Germans.
I also have several Jambo friends that do understand whats going on and have done for a while and these are just guys that follow their local football team - they are seriously devastated about the situation. I've joked plenty in the past about Hearts going bust but now that it's very real I am definitely missing the feeling of elation that seems to be floating around here. Im actually quite sad about the whole thing.
If I thought for a minute that buying shares in them would actually help the situation and wouldnt just be throwing good money after bad then I would contribute, unfortunately I don't think that they have any chance whatsoever of getting to the £2m they require to get to the end of the season - not taking into account the £1.79m that HMRC are also chasing them for.
There will be no asset transfer and newco jambos coming back in the 3rd division, simply because they dont have a sugar daddy waiting in the wings to fund such an asset transfer. What'll inevitably happen is that all assets, including the stadium will be sold off to pay their creditors.

On a more positive note, all their grandkids will support Hibs.

iwasthere1972
09-11-2012, 04:21 PM
For me, watching football without a Hearts in existence would be like watching a war movie without any Germans.

Didn't the Hearts team wipe out the Germans during the war. Sure I've read that somewhere on here.

euansdad
09-11-2012, 04:38 PM
I want to see them in division three with trips to Peterhead to look forward to

Halifaxhibby
09-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Where do I send the steam off my shengus?, I'm in a generous mood!.

GGTTH
FTHMFC

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I've got £1 just sitting here waiting.

The second that Heart of Midlothian football club release the following statement it will be on its way to the PBS:

Heart of Midlothian F.C. freely and regretfully admit that to the clubs eternal shame it cheated in order to win trophies and attain league positions outwith its actual means and abilities. This cheating took the form of signing players who were outwith the clubs financial means in the full knowledge that the club could not afford them and that it gave us an unfair advantage over clubs who were run in an honest manner.

Heart of Midlothian F.C. apologise to its own fans for the shame it has brought to them by cheating to win trophies and also apologises to the supporters of clubs it cheated out of a fair chance of victory in matches against the club.

Do that and my quid is theirs.

euansdad
09-11-2012, 05:46 PM
You will be waiting a long time for any semblence of dignity or self criticism. Like their Glesga cousins, it will always be someone else's fault or a conspiracy

Sunny1875
09-11-2012, 05:49 PM
i was thinking along the same lines as the o.p.....to show our moral superiority i thought it might be a good idea to set up a donation fund by hibs fans to buy hearts shares...it would be especially funny if we raised more than the fundraiser over on keekboak which stood at 2400 quid the last i heard....not only would this gesture highlight the hibernian spirit of helping the downtrodden and the needy it would also gives us grounds to claim to moral high ground when we get the old 'loads of jambos supported hibs during the mercer takeover' argument....also, if such a fundraiser were to occur it would be done with the knowledge that it would in no way actually help hearts as they are most probably already bound for the 3rd division..

like i said earlier, this was only a thought and a thought it will remain.

Yes it is Hibs spirit to Help the downtrodden and needy, but FFS they are in this position of their own making, There has been little outcry by Hearts fans about the pissmanagement by the custodians of their institution. For years everyone has seen this crisis on the horizon but the Believers have lorded it over US and others with this establishment superiority 'Big Team' nonsense. I say let them plunder their savings, have bake sales or bagpack at Tesco's, but dont under any circumstances ask me to contribute.

Part/Time Supporter
09-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Quite appropriate that Star Trek 6 is on just now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfr2F8F1xms

Eyrie
09-11-2012, 06:53 PM
I'd be tempted to buy Hearts if I won the Euromillions.

Then I'd run them properly. Only spend what they earn which would mean cutting back heavily on the playing budget. Unfortunately results would suffer and attendances would fall. So with less income I'd have to announce another round of cuts, which would weaken the playing squad further and relegation would be next, followed by a further fall in crowds. So I wouldn't be able to allow them to spend enough to ever get back into the SPL, and with ever fewer fans turning up to watch the uninspired hoofballers a further reduction in wages would be necessary. Sadly their fans would decide to boycott the games and you can work out the consequences of that.

Give me a few years and they'll be stuck in Division Three permanently :aok:

jdships
09-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Dear Fellow Hibbies

3 Your Bank sort code or

:top marks

Being serious for a moment it would surely be worth while to start a 'fighting fund' to rid Scottish football of the Dinosaurs that are running SFA /SPL et al
as it stand we are in a whirlpool going nowhere .

:confused:

Minder
09-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Quite appropriate that Star Trek 6 is on just now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfr2F8F1xms

:thumbsup:

onside98
09-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Understand the bitterness.

But if they do go down, how in hells name do we ever get the chance to erase the memory of 19.5.12 ?

I would personally relish the opportunity this year of revenge, albeit not guaranteed, as we usually bottle it.

If they go out of existence the memory, not to mention the taunts, will go on for ever, with no chance of ever being able to wipe the slate clean ?

euansdad
09-11-2012, 08:07 PM
All a matter of perspective I guess. If try were demoted like rangers, it would be great to see them in the bottom tier. I dream of us having a euro night at Easter road while they have an away trip to Peterhead

The_Sauz
09-11-2012, 08:36 PM

But if they do go down, how in hells name do we ever get the chance to erase the memory of 19.5.12 ?

I would personally relish the opportunity this year of revenge, albeit not guaranteed, as we usually bottle it.

If they go out of existence the memory, not to mention the taunts, will go on for ever, with no chance of ever being able to wipe the slate clean ?

2 years to make a post :confused:
So they bought a cup win over us with players they could not afford, I could not care a monkeys!
At least we took the defeat with a bit of dignity, more than I can say about your lot have ever done!

LTYF

Just Alf
09-11-2012, 08:47 PM

No need to get over it.....

If the Yams go out the box then we've won the ultimate derby game........ The game of survival.....

Apocalypso
09-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Definitely not. I'd sooner see something terribly awful happen to my family first. Oooooft.

theleith hibby
09-11-2012, 09:03 PM
ok i think i agree with that...wierdly enough!

I hate Hearts - the problem I have with all thats going on is that I actually love hating them.
I fully appreciate that what becomes of them is their own doing but personally I'd rather we still had a real derby to look forward to (lets be honest, Dunfermline, Raith or Falkirk isn't a real derby for us). For me, watching football without a Hearts in existence would be like watching a war movie without any Germans.
I also have several Jambo friends that do understand whats going on and have done for a while and these are just guys that follow their local football team - they are seriously devastated about the situation. I've joked plenty in the past about Hearts going bust but now that it's very real I am definitely missing the feeling of elation that seems to be floating around here. Im actually quite sad about the whole thing.
If I thought for a minute that buying shares in them would actually help the situation and wouldnt just be throwing good money after bad then I would contribute, unfortunately I don't think that they have any chance whatsoever of getting to the £2m they require to get to the end of the season - not taking into account the £1.79m that HMRC are also chasing them for.
There will be no asset transfer and newco jambos coming back in the 3rd division, simply because they dont have a sugar daddy waiting in the wings to fund such an asset transfer. What'll inevitably happen is that all assets, including the stadium will be sold off to pay their creditors.

s.a.m
09-11-2012, 09:04 PM

Ocht....you'll get over it. Dinnae worry,:agree:

green glory
09-11-2012, 09:13 PM

If they go down for non payment of taxes as Rangers did, they won **** all on 19th May.

Same crime.

tamig
09-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Agree. Scottish football is rotten and mismanaged and its been that way for a while. Need to take this as an opportunity to reform

This shouldn't be the catalyst for change. They have been talking about it for years and the only solution they put forward was for an even smaller league - increasing the OFs cut of the cake even more. This when the majority of fans were crying out for bigger leagues. There should have been wholesale change in the summer - but the clowns dillied and dallied until a few weeks before the season was due to start and it was too late. Our governing bodies are farcical. I fear we'll have a while yet to wait for the change that we all crave.

tamig
09-11-2012, 09:45 PM
2 years to make a post :confused:
So they bought a cup win over us with players they could not afford, I could not care a monkeys!
At least we took the defeat with a bit of dignity, more than I can say about your lot have ever done!

LTYF

Aye, the user name's a bit dodgy as well. They cheated their way to the cup win last season. Their gloating doesn't bother me. I'll be gloating when they eventually do go.

stoneyburn hibs
09-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Die and never come back, i want them buried and an afterthought to my generation , folklore to to the next generation, and forgotten to their kids.

NAE NOOKIE
10-11-2012, 08:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dYBj_qAJtRA

The first few words of this clip sums up 19/05/12 for me now. Ken its Leeds, but might as well be the Yams

Greendub
10-11-2012, 09:14 AM
They don't deserve anything from us, they bought their last 7 years, where as we had to sacrifice to keep good finances.

Fk them, I hope they disappear and there are forever yaks wandering aimlessly around their slums, lost without their 'big team'

hibsbollah
10-11-2012, 09:25 AM
We all need a nemesis in life. The petty boss, the interfering mother in law, the pesky smelly trampy local football rivals. Unless we invent a new nemesis (by emphasising Celtcs role in trying to destroy us in the 19C, maybe?) , we WILL miss having them around. Its human nature.

Hibeesforever
10-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Don't know what all the fuss is about, Rangers have just offered to pay their debt. Shocking the way Vlad is fleecing kids for their pocket money. I have no sympathy for them and I am going to enjoy the long years to come of Hibernian city supremacy.

heretoday
10-11-2012, 04:15 PM

If I won the lottery tonight, I'd persuade Skacel to come to Hibs and force him to wear a 70 shirt!

Only kidding. Won't happen........

Sudds_1
10-11-2012, 04:35 PM
If they go down for non payment of taxes as Rangers did, they won **** all on 19th May.

Same crime.

:agree: what he said

nonshinyfinish
10-11-2012, 04:42 PM
Help them?

I respectfully submit that they can go and fling s**** at themselves.

The Tubs
10-11-2012, 04:42 PM
If they do go bust, then they'll come back. It might take 6 years rather than the 4 that it will take sevco, but they'll eventually be in the premier league, playing at some legoland council stadium in Sighthill.

In the meantime, being a hibbie will be a pleasant affair; and, when they come back, the new hearts will be on a much tighter budget than the one I've known all my life, possibly playing in a stadium that - though soulless - is fit for humans.

It's a certainty that a lot of their fans will drift off to their deviant sexual activities on a Saturday afternoon rather than follow their team in division 3 with no illusions of grandeur left.

woody47
10-11-2012, 05:10 PM
If they cease to exist and come back as newco...they have no history.....no Scottish cup wins........nothing, nada, zilch so if any of these morons that start singing about winning anything, we go back with 'and if you know your history............'
Hope they just fade and die though.One team in Edinburgh and that is in Green :)