PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Celtic (win v Barca)

Keith_M
08-11-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm going to remove my biased East Coast viewpoint and genuinely congratulate Celtc on what cannot be denied was a fantastic result in Europe.

In it's own right, the scoreline was significant but in light of the Doom and Gloom predictions from the Media and those at the top of SPL/SFA about the future of Scottish Football after Rangers demise it is also a GIRUY to them all.

Interestingly, the OF claimed for years that greater competition at home would improve their prospects in Europe. Now that the cheats have been removed from our league, that does indeed appear to be the case. I just hope they remember that they now owe the rest of us some gratitude :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
08-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Didn't want them to win, but credit where it's due.

lyonhibs
08-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Yup. Watched it in an Irish pub here in Zurich and when I wasn't prone on the ground in shock at the prices, I was rooting for Celtc. Cheered when Watt scored the 2nd and everything.

A great result.

Now I'm back to hating their guts mind :greengrin

Tricla
08-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Well done TBF.

They're still an odious shower of chorers though.

The Sea-gull
08-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Yup. Watched it in an Irish pub here in Zurich and when I wasn't prone on the ground in shock at the prices, I was rooting for Celtc. Cheered when Watt scored the 2nd and everything.

A great result.

Now I'm back to hating their guts mind :greengrin

How much does the average pint set you back in Zurich?

Must be one of Europe's more expensive drinking dens.

Keith_M
08-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Well done TBF.

They're still an odious shower of chorers though.

True, but that's besides the point on this occassion :greengrin

lyonhibs
08-11-2012, 01:13 PM
How much does the average pint set you back in Zurich?

Must be one of Europe's more expensive drinking dens.

In an Irish/ex-pat bar, 9 CHF, which is about £7.

Elsewhere, 6-7 CHF, so nearer £5.

superfurryhibby
08-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Awesome result. When I lived in Catalunya I was surprised at home much affinity the Barca fans I knew felt towards Celtic (guys I played fives with wore Celtic tops).

JUst shows that any team can be beaten, with a bit of luck, determination and the right tactics

SlickShoes
08-11-2012, 01:27 PM
For the sake of Scottish football they better win one of the 2 remaining games and not arse it up and end up in the Europa League via Parachute.

Sylar
08-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Awesome result. When I lived in Catalunya I was surprised at home much affinity the Barca fans I knew felt towards Celtic (guys I played fives with wore Celtic tops).

JUst shows that any team can be beaten, with a bit of luck, determination and the right tactics

Probably because they both protrude this notion of downtrodden/oppressed minority who profess support to terror organisations. The only difference is, that Barcelona have the actual legacy of perceived political strife whereas Celtc's is a manufactured association to the politics of a country they have no real ties with.

Having (controversially no doubt) said that, I thought the Tims were excellent last night. Played the correct way, defended well but didn't necessarily park the bus and played some nice stuff when they got the ball. Also thought the atmosphere throughout and display before the game were mightily impressive.

(Grudging) credit where it's due.

LeighLoyal
08-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Got to say well done, was a tremendous result.

hibee92
08-11-2012, 01:59 PM
**** them.

Golden Bear
08-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Muted acknowledgement of an unexpected but fine result.

euansdad
08-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Fair play to them. I don't have any sort of liking for sellick but in saying that, I detest them a hell of a lot less than the jumbos and the huns. Great result for them last night and genuine congratulations

MrSmith
08-11-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm going to remove my biased East Coast viewpoint and genuinely congratulate Celtc on what cannot be denied was a fantastic result in Europe.

In it's own right, the scoreline was significant but in light of the Doom and Gloom predictions from the Media and those at the top of SPL/SFA about the future of Scottish Football after Rangers demise it is also a GIRUY to them all.

Interestingly, the OF claimed for years that greater competition at home would improve their prospects in Europe. Now that the cheats have been removed from our league, that does indeed appear to be the case. I just hope they remember that they now owe the rest of us some gratitude :wink:

Yep my feelings also!

Jones28
08-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Terrific result IMO, shows the world scottish football is not as awful as some think :aok:

Saorsa
08-11-2012, 03:11 PM
**** them.This

marinello59
08-11-2012, 03:16 PM
**** them.

:agree:

jacomo
08-11-2012, 03:18 PM
**** them.

Always, but they get a grudging respect from me for last night too. They really do need to complete the job and get out of the group to make it meaningful, however.

I also was happy to acknowledge Uncle Watty's anti-football march to the UEFA Cup Final a couple of years back - shame the Huns shamed themselves by wrecking Manchester, and also regrets for the clubs they beat through cheating.

Hibercelona
08-11-2012, 03:21 PM
**** them.

:agree:

Couldn't care less how well, or how bad they do in the Champions League.

We drew with them at Parkhead, which makes us better than Barcelona as well IMO. :cb

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-11-2012, 03:25 PM
This

What Dan said!

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Don't give a rats about them, they would do anything to be in a better/higher league so I won't be giving them any credit.....

They could not beat us in September, thats all that matters to me......

frazeHFC
08-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Was in a pub full of Celtic 'fans' watching it, had to laugh when at full time they started singing but got the words mixed up. :tee hee:

lobster
08-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Many congratulations to probably the most self-congratulatory team in the world :thumbsup:
Truly wonderful result.

Phil MaGlass
08-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Probably because they both protrude this notion of downtrodden/oppressed minority who profess support to terror organisations. The only difference is, that Barcelona have the actual legacy of perceived political strife whereas Celtc's is a manufactured association to the politics of a country they have no real ties with.

Having (controversially no doubt) said that, I thought the Tims were excellent last night. Played the correct way, defended well but didn't necessarily park the bus and played some nice stuff when they got the ball. Also thought the atmosphere throughout and display before the game were mightily impressive.

Thing is, the rest of the world doesnt see that, all they see is a SCOTTISH fitba team.
I was even cheering for them last nite as it puts Scotland (however briefly) back on the map.This IS a great result for our game, it shows what you can do with the minimum amount of cash(compared to the big guns).And it certainly puts the myth our game is dying(SFA/HUNS) or will die with no huns in the league to bed. Scottish fitba is attracting more fans through the gate it IS more competitive now that one of the stifle sisters is gone, long may it continue.Last night brought back memories of how Scottish teams used to be in Europe, long may it continue too.
WELL DONE SELLIK.

Bad Martini
08-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Non event. Hibs not playing therefore don't give a toss.

They'll still win the same as we will in Europe this year.

ENDOF

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Good result for Celtc who have had a bad spell [sorry] in CL of late. Funny how the team that plays total football, totally all of the time, couldn't deal with a mince and tatties heave up the park, albeit that Watt took it really well. Good that for 90 minutes, the SPL wasn't holding them back, lack of a challenge etc.

jdships
08-11-2012, 04:34 PM
Always, but they get a grudging respect from me for last night too. They really do need to complete the job and get out of the group to make it meaningful, however.

I also was happy to acknowledge Uncle Watty's anti-football march to the UEFA Cup Final a couple of years back - shame the Huns shamed themselves by wrecking Manchester, and also regrets for the clubs they beat through cheating.

:agree: with reservations :greengrin:wink:

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2012, 04:52 PM
I think their win last night against one of the best teams in history represents one of the greatest results in Scottish football history, particularly when you consider the gulf in resources at present. I still can't believe they did it, but hats off to them.

Sylar
08-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Thing is, the rest of the world doesnt see that, all they see is a SCOTTISH fitba team.
I was even cheering for them last nite as it puts Scotland (however briefly) back on the map.This IS a great result for our game, it shows what you can do with the minimum amount of cash(compared to the big guns).And it certainly puts the myth our game is dying(SFA/HUNS) or will die with no huns in the league to bed. Scottish fitba is attracting more fans through the gate it IS more competitive now that one of the stifle sisters is gone, long may it continue.Last night brought back memories of how Scottish teams used to be in Europe, long may it continue too.
WELL DONE SELLIK.

I've no arguments with most of that, however, that aspect of my post which you've quoted was in response to another poster discussing the perceived affinity between the two clubs and was in no way related to their success last night.

Sylar
08-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Non event. Hibs not playing therefore don't give a toss.

They'll still win the same as we will in Europe this year.

The £10 million for getting to the group stages and additional finance they'll receive for getting through the group stages probably suggests otherwise.

Hibrandenburg
08-11-2012, 05:13 PM
Is that the closet door I hear creaking? :greengrin

hibsbollah
08-11-2012, 05:15 PM
I was amazed that (according to the bbc anyway) Lennon said something about doing it for Scottish football as a whole :dunno: Certainly unlike him.

Saorsa
08-11-2012, 05:18 PM
I was amazed that (according to the bbc anyway) Lennon said something about doing it for Scottish football as a whole :dunno: Certainly unlike him.I'd like him tae dae something for Scottish fitba, **** off.

Congratulations tae smeltic? No while I live and breathe.

3pm
08-11-2012, 05:20 PM
The £10 million for getting to the group stages and additional finance they'll receive for getting through the group stages probably suggests otherwise.

And the extra couple of million added to Wanyama's valuation.

However, in conclusion '**** Off' Celtic.

08-11-2012, 05:43 PM
As much as I hate them and hate to say this, it was a fantastic result for them last night.

Lendo
08-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Hate Celtic, Hate Lennon,

but..... :duck:

results like this and Celtic (maybe) getting through the group stages will seriously help the SPL gain back our second CL spot in the future.

stoneyburn hibs
08-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Cracking result for Celtic , well done.

Hainan Hibs
08-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Good result but I can't stand that team. The boak inducing "we're both more than a club " love in has me rooting for Real in Spain now.

Mon Dieu4
08-11-2012, 06:14 PM
2 out of 3 ain't bad but hope they are next to go bust, but alas they are fairly well run, ******g hate the sneaky shower with a vengeance!!

Since90+2
08-11-2012, 06:18 PM
The two scorers for them last night , Wanyama and Watt , are both going to be cracking players and at 21 and 18 respectively will make Celtic a fortune in transfer fees.

Sylar
08-11-2012, 06:19 PM
And the extra couple of million added to Wanyama's valuation.

However, in conclusion '**** Off' Celtic.

Flawless point :greengrin

ancient hibee
08-11-2012, 06:19 PM
The SRU should show the DVD to the Scottish team a few times before they play the All Blacks to prove nothing is impossible when two teams go on the field.

VickMackie
08-11-2012, 06:26 PM
Whilst a great result and I enjoyed the game, even pleased for them, let's not kid ourselves this is amazing and Scottish football isnt quite that bad. They had two shots and two goals.

A great finish by watt but it came from a terrible xavi mistake.

jacomo
08-11-2012, 06:28 PM
Article by Ewan Murray on the key to Celtc's success. A little silly really, given that luck and organisation were keys to the victory, not out-playing Barca:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/nov/08/celtic-barcelona-scouting-network

Celtic's ability to perform with distinction at Champions League level highlights how successfully they have recruited young players from far afield. Under Neil Lennon's predecessor, Tony Mowbray, too many players arrived at Celtic who lacked an ability to handle the pressures of Old Firm life.

John Park, Celtic's football development manager, is the man credited with sourcing the clutch of players who could now be sold on for considerable profit. During Park's time at Hibernian, the club produced and sold a number of exciting young players.

:boo hoo:

euansdad
08-11-2012, 06:31 PM
One thing I will say, whilst not undermining celtics achievement, is that Barca may not be the best side in the world any more. They were a year or two back buy Real Madrid are now the reigning champions and that Barca defence is woeful at the minute. Any side with a half decent forward line or a big target man will fancy their chances against that defence

Since90+2
08-11-2012, 06:34 PM
One thing I will say, whilst not undermining celtics achievement, is that Barca may not be the best side in the world any more. They were a year or two back buy Real Madrid are now the reigning champions and that Barca defence is woeful at the minute. Any side with a half decent forward line or a big target man will fancy their chances against that defence

Barcelona have made their best ever start to a domestic league campaign and had also won all their other Champions League games up until last night so not really sure that stands up IMO.

euansdad
08-11-2012, 06:37 PM
Well it's all about opinions but that Barca defence is woeful

norhfc
08-11-2012, 06:41 PM
all well and good but I couldnt believe the song choices last night.They must have a new approved songsheet at Darkhead.
Woeful euro trash ie OOOoooOOO....OOOooooOOOO ! wtf

Brebners Bookie
08-11-2012, 06:52 PM

Almost felt happy about the result last night at the end of the game, then the sight of all the James Connolly scarves brought me back to my senses. Pathetic.

biffo1875
08-11-2012, 06:58 PM
dont give a about them but the longer they are in europe the better chance other teams might turn them over:wink::wink:could be a more intresting league:greengrin

Apocalypso
08-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Congratulations my hairy ring piece.

**** them.

euansdad
08-11-2012, 07:15 PM
dont give a about them but the longer they are in europe the better chance other teams might turn them over:wink::wink:could be a more intresting league:greengrin

Aye true. Celtic have dropped points already and Europe willl be a distraction

Sir David Gray
08-11-2012, 07:40 PM
It was an excellent result that any team in the world would be pleased with but they can stick their congratulations where the sun don't shine. :bye:

silverhibee
08-11-2012, 07:49 PM
F*** them, and i hope they get beat at the weekend by St Js to bring them back down to earth.

GGTTH

SurferRosa
08-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Whilst a great result and I enjoyed the game, even pleased for them, let's not kid ourselves this is amazing and Scottish football isnt quite that bad. They had two shots and two goals.

A great finish by watt but it came from a terrible xavi mistake.

I`ll disagree with you on this point. Scottish football is that bad. It`s that bad because Celtic, the Huns and their apologists in the SPL/SFA have ensured that our game has been suffocated instead of being allowed to grow.

The OF have bled the game dry and grabbed the bulk of the cash ensuring that they, and they alone have flourished, playing CL matches against the great and the even greater while the rest of us get pumped by teams from countries like Iceland and Lithuania. Celtics result last night reflects on them, their greed and self-interest, it is not a reflection of the standard of our league.

We are that bad because the SPL has been designed to benefit two teams alone while the standard of the rest of us has been one slow, steady decline. Rangers greed has, of course, led to their disgrace and fall. As for Celtic, as others have said, **** them.

Jonnyboy
08-11-2012, 07:54 PM
The longer they stay in Europe the netter IMO as they might just take their eye off the SPL ball and we may just be waiting to pounce (c'mon Rod get Leigh and Jorge signed up pronto) :greengrin

Since90+2
08-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I`ll disagree with you on this point. Scottish football is that bad. It`s that bad because Celtic, the Huns and their apologists in the SPL/SFA have ensured that our game has been suffocated instead of being allowed to grow.

The OF have bled the game dry and grabbed the bulk of the cash ensuring that they, and they alone have flourished, playing CL matches against the great and the even greater while the rest of us get pumped by teams from countries like Iceland and Lithuania. Celtics result last night reflects on them, their greed and self-interest, it is not a reflection of the standard of our league.

We are that bad because the SPL has been designed to benefit two teams alone while the standard of the rest of us has been one slow, steady decline. Rangers greed has, of course, led to their disgrace and fall. As for Celtic, as others have said, **** them.

I think you have misread the guys original point. I think he is saying Scottish football IS that bad and agreeing with you.

fatbloke
08-11-2012, 07:55 PM
True, but that's besides the point on this occassion :greengrin

Nah always the point. Odious shower of chorers - nowt more nowt less, a morally repugnant organisation. Oh and I do not like them.

Rossco1875
08-11-2012, 07:59 PM
the longer they are in the champions league the better more european hangovers please :aok:

SurferRosa
08-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I think you have misread the guys original point. I think he is saying Scottish football IS that bad and agreeing with you.

Fair enough. :agree: Reading it again i can see what was meant. I shouldn`t have quoted. I was just trying to make a point of my own.

@VickMackie....apologies mate.

Paisley Hibby
08-11-2012, 08:13 PM
I think their win last night against one of the best teams in history represents one of the greatest results in Scottish football history, particularly when you consider the gulf in resources at present. I still can't believe they did it, but hats off to them.

Sorry can't agree with this. Yes it was a great (and surprising) result for Celtic and well done to them. However, that was nowhere near one of the greatest results in Scottish football history. Are you seriously suggesting it's up there with England 2 Scotland 3 (1967), Inter Milan 1 Celtic 2 (1967), France 0 Scotland 1 (2007) England 1 Scotland 5 (1928), Barcelona 1 Dundee Utd 2 (1987), Real Madrid 1 Aberden 2 (1983), Hibs 2 Real Madrid 0 (1964) and Hibs 2 Preston North End 1 (World Championship 1887) - just to name a few!!

euansdad
08-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Sorry can't agree with this. Yes it was a great (and surprising) result for Celtic and well done to them. However, that was nowhere near one of the greatest results in Scottish football history. Are you seriously suggesting it's up there with England 2 Scotland 3 (1967), Inter Milan 1 Celtic 2 (1967), France 0 Scotland 1 (2007) England 1 Scotland 5 (1928), Barcelona 1 Dundee Utd 2 (1987), Real Madrid 1 Aberden 2 (1983), Hibs 2 Real Madrid 0 (1964) and Hibs 2 Preston North End 1 (World Championship 1887) - just to name a few!!

To be honest, it can be added to that list imo

hibsbollah
08-11-2012, 08:28 PM

Yes, I'd say it was up there with those.

Paisley Hibby
08-11-2012, 08:41 PM
To be honest, it can be added to that list imo

The we'll have to agree to disagree. All that Celtic did last night was win a group stage match at home - and were very lucky to do so. The games I mentioned were much more meaningful IMO because they were cup finals/later stages of cups or the context was much more important. For example, the England 2 Scotland 3 in 1967 came straight after England had won the World Cup. When Hibs played Real Madrid in 1964 it is worth remembering that in the 10 years between 1956 and 1966 Real won the European Cup 6 times and were runners up twice. That record suggests that it is an exaggeration to claim (as many do) that the current Barca team are the greatest ever football team.

Since90+2
08-11-2012, 08:49 PM
The we'll have to agree to disagree. All that Celtic did last night was win a group stage match at home - and were very lucky to do so. The games I mentioned were much more meaningful IMO because they were cup finals/later stages of cups or the context was much more important. For example, the England 2 Scotland 3 in 1967 came straight after England had won the World Cup. When Hibs played Real Madrid in 1964 it is worth remembering that in the 10 years between 1956 and 1966 Real won the European Cup 6 times and were runners up twice. That record suggests that it is an exaggeration to claim (as many do) that the current Barca team are the greatest ever football team.

I think it is very difficult to compare teams from the such vastly different eras.

There have been huge advances in training techniques along with things like better understanding of nutrition for athletes compared to the 50's and 60's. If you took the Real team in their literal form from the 50s and put them against the current Barca team my opinion would be that Barcelona would absolutely wipe the floor with them.

Eyrie
08-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Didn't see the game, but it was an outstanding result for the whinging thieving terrorist-loving soap-dodging bigots so full credit to them.

Paisley Hibby
08-11-2012, 09:05 PM
I think it is very difficult to compare teams from the such vastly different eras.

There have been huge advances in training techniques along with things like better understanding of nutrition for athletes compared to the 50's and 60's. If you took the Real team in their literal form from the 50s and put them against the current Barca team my opinion would be that Barcelona would absolutely wipe the floor with them.

I'm sure you are right - but you can only look at what teams do or did in the era they were/are in. On that basis I don't think Barca or any other club side in recent years have acheived what that Real team did. Perhaps the current Spanish national team has done. Also, I think Celtic winnning the European Cup final in 1967with a team of 11 Scots was a much bigger achievement than what the Celtic team of 2012 did last night.

YehButNoBut
08-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Just shows that you don't need to have the ball for much of the game to win a match when you see this stat

barcastuff‏@barcastuff
During the second half of Celtic-Barcelona, the Scottish team had ball possession for 47 seconds #fcblive (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23fcblive&src=hash) #ucl (http://www.hibs.net/search?q=%23ucl&src=hash) First half: 6m 4s [via uefa]

euansdad
09-11-2012, 05:00 AM
But that does point to some problems with Barca IMO. It is all well and good having so much possession but you have to make it count. They actually looked at times that they couldn't penetrate celtics defence and it was almost a surprise when they did

Keith_M
09-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Is that the closet door I hear creaking? :greengrin

Shut up and go back to harassing innocent people at the Airport

:na na:

mim
09-11-2012, 12:56 PM

Such a shame to compile a list of great results and miss out the greatest - Hibs win over Barca in 1961 (4-4 at Camp Nou and 3-2 ER)

Context is everything. Barca (unlike now) were Spanish champions and had been for two years. Real Madrid had won the first 5 European Cups and were still regarded as the best team in Europe until they were finally knocked out of the European cup by Barca in the 1960/61 season.

This was the Barca team that Hibs defeated - the undisputed kings of Europe.:hibees

Ritchie
09-11-2012, 01:39 PM
the longer they stay in the champions league, the more complacent they'll become in the SPL.........

................ which means we have a great chance of winning the league :greengrin:duck:

johnrebus
09-11-2012, 01:48 PM
I must be missing something here.

Is this the same Celtic who have always claimed down through the ages that, 'the Celtic way', is to always play fast flowing attacking football?

The Celtic of Wednesday night and the Celtic in the Nou Camp, 'parked the bus', as far as I could see.

Interesting to see the reaction from Lennon the next time a team goes to Darkheid to defend and snatches a point......,

Congrats to Celtic?

I would'nt give them the steam off my piss.

:greengrin

euansdad
09-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Bit churlish there IMO. Yeah, they have a self- styled 'Celtic way' and this game was the opposite of that style but this is Barcelona we are talking about. The same Barcelona who regularly go to their big rivals in the bernabeu and monopolise possession. You go toe to toe with Barca, they will murder you. Sides like Chelsea and Celtic have been criticised for their style but they have played in the manner that is most likely to get a result against Barca and it has been effective. Not pretty but fair enough

yeezus.
09-11-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm happy for Celtic. Their victory sheds a good light on Scottish Football.

I'm sick fed up of Scots comparing our league to the English premier league as if we should be ashamed.

Saorsa
09-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Bit churlish there IMO. Yeah, they have a self- styled 'Celtic way' and this game was the opposite of that style but this is Barcelona we are talking about. The same Barcelona who regularly go to their big rivals in the bernabeu and monopolise possession. You go toe to toe with Barca, they will murder you. Sides like Chelsea and Celtic have been criticised for their style but they have played in the manner that is most likely to get a result against Barca and it has been effective. Not pretty but fair enoughSo when other teams go tae darkheid and play in a manner that's likely tae get them a result that's ok then and they ****ers shouldnae complain about it, right?

johnrebus
09-11-2012, 02:00 PM
Bit churlish there IMO. Yeah, they have a self- styled 'Celtic way' and this game was the opposite of that style but this is Barcelona we are talking about. The same Barcelona who regularly go to their big rivals in the bernabeu and monopolise possession. You go toe to toe with Barca, they will murder you. Sides like Chelsea and Celtic have been criticised for their style but they have played in the manner that is most likely to get a result against Barca and it has been effective. Not pretty but fair enough

Was at the Nou Camp last Saturday for Celta Vigo match.

Celta did not defend in depth but had a go at Barca, and with a bit more luck and clinical finishing may have taken something from the game.

To me, everything about Glasgow Celtic just spells hypocricy.

:cb

Saorsa
09-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Was at the Nou Camp last Saturday for Celta Vigo match.

Celta did not defend in depth but had a go at Barca, and with a bit more luck and clinical finishing may have taken something from the game.

To me, everything about Glasgow Celtic just spells hypocricy.

:cb:top marks

euansdad
09-11-2012, 02:04 PM
So when other teams go tae darkheid and play in a manner that's likely tae get them a result that's ok then and they ****ers shouldnae complain about it, right?

Yeah. Maybe I'm missing the point your making but if I'm reading it right, your saying that Celtic should not complain if a SPL club goes to their midden and do to them what they did to Barca? Well yes, I agree there. At the end of the day, while entertainment is important, when a side comes up against another that is noticeably better than them then its hard to stand toe to toe. If you can get a result against a team noticeably better than them then fair enough. Celtic have had it done to them by the likes of Killie and they deserved and should be pursued for getting them results just like celtic should for the win against barca

hibsbollah
09-11-2012, 02:05 PM
For a balanced historical perspective, i think this gets it spot on
http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/magnificent-bhoys-showed-heart-of-lions-213532.html

euansdad
09-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Yeah. Maybe I'm missing the point your making but if I'm reading it right, your saying that Celtic should not complain if a SPL club goes to their midden and do to them what they did to Barca? Well yes, I agree there. At the end of the day, while entertainment is important, when a side comes up against another that is noticeably better than them then its hard to stand toe to toe. If you can get a result against a team noticeably better than them then fair enough. Celtic have had it done to them by the likes of Killie and they deserved and should be pursued for getting them results just like celtic should for the win against barca

Not pursued, praised!

Hibernia&Alba
10-11-2012, 01:19 PM

I think Celtic's win on Wednesday in what is the biggest club competition in the world, against one of the best club sides in the history of the game, and within the present context of Scottish football, is right up there with any result in Scottish football, yes. The Celtic team of 1967 that beat Inter was miles better than their current team, as was the Aberdeen team that won the ECWC in 1983. It was an incredible result and they deserve recognition for it. The financial gap between the global giants like Barca and the rest of the game is much wider now than ever before.

jdships
10-11-2012, 01:32 PM
I think Celtic's win on Wednesday in what is the biggest club competition in the world, against one of the best club sides in the history of the game, and within the present context of Scottish football, is right up there with any result in Scottish football, yes. The Celtic team of 1967 that beat Inter was miles better than their current team, as was the Aberdeen team that won the ECWC in 1983. It was an incredible result and they deserve recognition for it. The financial gap between the global giants like Barca and the rest of the game is much wider now than ever before.

:agree::thumbsup:
Can't argue with what you write
Would like to remind 'Paisley Hibbee' he missed this :

]Hibs win over Barca in 1961 (4-4 at Camp Nou and 3-2 ER)[/B]

I was lucky enough to be there at the ER match which will always live with me for the rest of my life