PDA

View Full Version : Yams Trophy tour, giving away tickets

VickMackie
07-11-2012, 08:28 AM
After initiating my missus' wee one to be a hibby (Dundee this season) and overcoming her families Hunnishness (she has the strip from oldco), the yam fuds have been touring schools and have been taking the Scottish cup with them.

Now all I hear is that hearts won the cup and beat Hibs. I've been telling her they lied and they tramps stole it by cheating. :tee hee:

Now they've sent an offer of two free tickets through the door against st mirren. Got to give it to them though, they're obviously optimistic they will need a fan base in future years!

Golden Bear
07-11-2012, 09:47 AM
After initiating my missus' wee one to be a hibby (Dundee this season) and overcoming her families Hunnishness (she has the strip from oldco), the yam fuds have been touring schools and have been taking the Scottish cup with them.

Now all I hear is that hearts won the cup and beat Hibs. I've been telling her they lied and they tramps stole it by cheating. :tee hee:

Now they've sent an offer of two free tickets through the door against st mirren. Got to give it to them though, they're obviously optimistic they will need a fan base in future years!

Joking aside, I'm surprised that the Education Authorities permit such blatant marketing within our Schools. As well as being a football club, Hearts FC are a commercial organisation and as such shouldn't be giving the unique opportunity to promote their business within Local Authority establishments.

Not to mention the very really threat that they will corrupt the minds of our young folk.

machibby
07-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Yep, same happened at my sons school. Every single child at the school got a voucher for a free adult and child ticket. Good bit of promotion on their part. Thankfully my son refused to join in.

Golden Bear
07-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Yep, same happened at my sons school. Every single child at the school got a voucher for a free adult and child ticket. Good bit of promotion on their part. Thankfully my son refused to join in.

Sounds like a good common sense marketing ploy in their time of need.

Let's face it if they can give tickets away then that will mean less room for the paying punters.

:wink:

Golden Bear
07-11-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm sure the education authorities would encourage us to parade our scottish cup in the schools too

Aye - Edinburgh Cooncil ------------ I'm sure they would.

:rolleyes:

VickMackie
07-11-2012, 10:02 AM

The wee one wants to go but thankfully she'll be on holiday. :greengrin

Jazza
07-11-2012, 10:03 AM

The clowns were in the Ross High school in Tranent yesterday, charging £2 for a photo

Hibs7
07-11-2012, 10:18 AM
The things they will do to keep their crowds up, deceiving their neanderthal fans, ha, ha, ha, big team my erse.

ZS DOOM
07-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Hibs are always five steps behind in terms or promotion and pricing

Peevemor
07-11-2012, 10:23 AM

.. but have enough money to finish the season!

ZS DOOM
07-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Maybe so but we have 10 thousand seats at the moment we aren't getting filled or money for. Offering free tickets will get bums on seats and maybe make a few borderline hibees get a bit more serious

Jay
07-11-2012, 10:27 AM
£2 a time in schools for a photo? Flaming chancers! I dont think the council should be allowing that. I would go mental if it came to our school. For balance I wouldnt be happy if it was Hibs doing it either.

My 10 year old was given a reading book called Soldiers game, it was about hearts and the team that went to war. Or as the book summary called the the heart of midlothian squadron. Its a novel based on a young boy living in edinburgh and learns about one of his relatives being part of the team.

I sent it back and said he wasnt reading it - petty as I am.

lyonhibs
07-11-2012, 10:29 AM

but the product and placement (ER vs Tynie?? :yw:) are so very far ahead this season :greengrin

EH6 Hibby
07-11-2012, 10:31 AM
The Cups in my work at Waverley Court today. Personally I think it's only been brought in to p**s me off.

ZS DOOM
07-11-2012, 10:35 AM
but the product and placement (ER vs Tynie?? :yw:) are so very far ahead this season :greengrin

Hearts in this mess because they were paying ***** players big wages (15k a week for Kingston) not because they have good st deals for kids or offer promotional tickets

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-11-2012, 10:38 AM

Just as well Jimmy Savile is dead, they would've probably asked him to front the promotion!

NOLA
07-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Hertz have been going round the schools giving away yam tops and the like for a few years now, for kids that havnt shown much interest in football before this kind of thing can work well for hertz in the futre, if they have a futre that is ;). I mind my primary getting free Hibs tickets and it encouraged a few to start going all the time.

Golden Bear
07-11-2012, 10:40 AM
£2 a time in schools for a photo? Flaming chancers! I dont think the council should be allowing that. I would go mental if it came to our school. For balance I wouldnt be happy if it was Hibs doing it either.

My 10 year old was given a reading book called Soldiers game, it was about hearts and the team that went to war. Or as the book summary called the the heart of midlothian squadron. Its a novel based on a young boy living in edinburgh and learns about one of his relatives being part of the team.

:agree:

Times are hard ------ the begging bowls are out and even the kids are being asked to contribute.

Jay
07-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Hertz have been going round the schools giving away yam tops and the like for a few years now, for kids that havnt shown much interest in football before this kind of thing can work well for hertz in the futre, if they have a futre that is ;). I mind my primary getting free Hibs tickets and it encouraged a few to start going all the time.

Tickets are different, I have no problem with any club trying to encourage youngsters along. Freebies are fine but to charge schoolkids is wrong, they shouldnt be making money out of them.

greenginger
07-11-2012, 10:47 AM

With their past history of employees on the sex offenders register, have all persons visiting the schools got the necessary clearances ?

I think the Council should be asked.

Greendub
07-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Hearts are defo going bust if they are giving tickets away haha

VickMackie
07-11-2012, 11:13 AM
The clowns were in the Ross High school in Tranent yesterday, charging £2 for a photo

That's pathetic unless it's for a charity fundraising of some sort.

We weren't given advanced notice that they'd be there or I would have went to the assembly and boo'd them. :tee hee:

frazeHFC
07-11-2012, 11:23 AM

Think they were at my brothers school, and this situation is probably the only time i would give him a positive comment for getting chucked out. :tee hee:

machibby
07-11-2012, 11:23 AM
As Mentioned by Lupo, I know of quite e few 'undecided' kids at my sons school who have been indoctrinated by this free ticket offer. I honestly wish Hibs would do something similar as it does seem pretty effective for future(granted hearts may not be able to afford one) support. While the Hibs Kids membership is great value it doesn't really bring in these undecideds, even a hibs kid bring a friend would be something.

EH6 Hibby
07-11-2012, 11:32 AM
That's pathetic unless it's for a charity fundraising of some sort.

We weren't given advanced notice that they'd be there or I would have went to the assembly and boo'd them. :tee hee:

The boards behind the table at my work where the cup is sitting are covered in the Aegon breakfast club thing they are involved in, which would suggest the money is being given to them.

Whether or not they actually see any of it is a different matter ........

sauzee1966
07-11-2012, 11:33 AM
My son is only 5 but told the teacher he did not want to go to meet the Hearts Player.....said he does not like them..he was offered to help clean and tidy the classroom instead.......a chance he took!!
what a good hibee!:pfgwa:thumbsup:

VickMackie
07-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Everyone under 16 should be let in for free. 12 or over unsupervised. The only way I think we can build the fan base for future years.

The yams probably had a small outlay of a few k for leaflets but it is thinking ahead.

truehibernian
07-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Whilst I absolutely agree Hibs marketing and fan outreach towards young fans (and ethnic groups) is very very poor, Hibs players have visited schools etc and when the young boys won the U19 double they took the cups around Edinburgh schools.

My son would be more interested in getting out at lunch to get his pizza than wanting a picture with the cup anyway :agree:

My ideas have been documented before - we have a very large Polish community that is lying uptapped, many many of whom love their football. Why not arrange a summer competition with Hibs and a couple of Polish sides. Very large Asian community too - tap into that also - often wondered why Hibs never arranged a friendly with wee Zooma's club when he went on loan.

Regards children - Hibs really do have to look at the pricing structure and set aside a certain amount, each game, of free tickets - whether that means players being at Ocean Terminal, Gyle Shopping Centre, Almondvale, Mid/East Lothian during the week, get it done - free entry for any child as long as accompanied with adult (who pays) - then it's as cheap as a visit to the cinema.

Then look at the food on offer and get local businesses on board to make the 'average fan' want to eat at the game - I said months ago, we have an award winning butchers (Crombies), an award winning pizza parlour (La Favorita), and other top eateries in and around Leith - many owned by Hibs supporting families. Bring them into the fold, let's be as award winning off the park as we want to be on it.

Hibs really have to get back to being what they were known for and that is being visionary - really start to employ people who have zest and innovation - rather than suits who think that being 'Behind The Goals' before a game and 'mixing' is marketing the club.

frazeHFC
07-11-2012, 11:53 AM
My son is only 5 but told the teacher he did not want to go to meet the Hearts Player.....said he does not like them..he was offered to help clean and tidy the classroom instead.......a chance he took!!

:not worth:thumbsup:

VickMackie
07-11-2012, 12:02 PM

Thats brilliant!

Our one is undecided getting pulled in all directions but she looks to be settling on hearts 'because she loves hearts' I.e. pink ones that she will draw etc. :brickwall:

Golden Bear
07-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Whilst I absolutely agree Hibs marketing and fan outreach towards young fans (and ethnic groups) is very very poor, Hibs players have visited schools etc and when the young boys won the U19 double they took the cups around Edinburgh schools.

My son would be more interested in getting out at lunch to get his pizza than wanting a picture with the cup anyway :agree:

My ideas have been documented before - we have a very large Polish community that is lying uptapped, many many of whom love their football. Why not arrange a summer competition with Hibs and a couple of Polish sides. Very large Asian community too - tap into that also - often wondered why Hibs never arranged a friendly with wee Zooma's club when he went on loan.

Regards children - Hibs really do have to look at the pricing structure and set aside a certain amount, each game, of free tickets - whether that means players being at Ocean Terminal, Gyle Shopping Centre, Almondvale, Mid/East Lothian during the week, get it done - free entry for any child as long as accompanied with adult (who pays) - then it's as cheap as a visit to the cinema.

Then look at the food on offer and get local businesses on board to make the 'average fan' want to eat at the game - I said months ago, we have an award winning butchers (Crombies), an award winning pizza parlour (La Favorita), and other top eateries in and around Leith - many owned by Hibs supporting families. Bring them into the fold, let's be as award winning off the park as we want to be on it.

Hibs really have to get back to being what they were known for and that is being visionary - really start to employ people who have zest and innovation - rather than suits who think that being 'Behind The Goals' before a game and 'mixing' is marketing the club.

Some very good suggestions there.

With regard to the "School visits" then if the Council are operating from a level playing field and the same opportunities are offered to Hibernian then that is almost acceptable but I'm still of the opinion that it is morally wrong for a commercial Club to seek financial benefits from the School visits.

truehibernian
07-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Some very good suggestions there.

With regard to the "School visits" then if the Council are operating from a level playing field and the same opportunities are offered to Hibernian then that is almost acceptable but I'm still of the opinion that it is morally wrong for a commercial Club to seek financial benefits from the School visits.

They are mate - up until the set of the SFA Academies (as in properly set up), Hibs, Hearts and Spartans coached kids at certain schools through the week. There were odd occasions where players, particularly the younger players on the periphery of the squad, would talk to kids at schools and community centres.

I've no issue with Hearts 'parading the Cup' - after the length of time we've not won it I'd be taking it on an open topped bus UK Tour a la X Factor style :greengrin What I wouldn't be doing is charging kids for a photo......that for me is taking it too far in my opinion.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Maybe so but we have 10 thousand seats at the moment we aren't getting filled or money for. Offering free tickets will get bums on seats and maybe make a few borderline hibees get a bit more serious

How would you rate it against the Hibs kids promotion £10 membership free entry to 4 games with accompanying adult a green shoots camp or panto (which is quite good btw!)?

ZS DOOM
07-11-2012, 12:39 PM
How would you rate it against the Hibs kids promotion £10 membership free entry to 4 games with accompanying adult a green shoots camp or panto (which is quite good btw!)?

The hibs kids seems pretty reasonable but It's more something parents get for their son/daughter. I don't feel it will encourage new fans to come along.
what's stopping the club offering dirt cheap season tickets to kids it would fill more seats and we'd probably get the same return.

I know hearts offer very good prices and that's who we compete with in terms of gaining new fans

Jack
07-11-2012, 01:12 PM

As Mentioned by Lupo, I know of quite e few 'undecided' kids at my sons school who have been indoctrinated by this free ticket offer. I honestly wish Hibs would do something similar as it does seem pretty effective for future(granted hearts may not be able to afford one) support. While the Hibs Kids membership is great value it doesn't really bring in these undecideds, even a hibs kid bring a friend would be something.

A friend of mine, Hibby, in the office got freebies through his kid a couple of weeks ago.

His daughter, no allegiance at the moment, was suitably unimpressed by the whole thing – neither wonder. These seats are behind and to the side of the goals and the view was absolutely crap.

GreenCastle
07-11-2012, 01:22 PM
2 quid a photo ?!!

Watchdog should be made aware of this!

If I wanted a photo I would take one with a mobile phone! They all have decent cameras these days!

Regarding going into schools - not the worst idea - the problem right now is the yams are struggling so it could back fire as kids go to Tynie and watch and hate it so decide to try a different team in the city :greengrin

Seriously though Hibs still need to work on kids pricing and getting younger ones in - as we are all aware -they are the future fans.

machibby
07-11-2012, 01:36 PM
A friend of mine, Hibby, in the office got freebies through his kid a couple of weeks ago.

His daughter, no allegiance at the moment, was suitably unimpressed by the whole thing – neither wonder. These seats are behind and to the side of the goals and the view was absolutely crap.

Not the experience of the parents I know who took their kids on the offer- they were able to choose any available seats, in any stand, as the ticket offer itself stated.
That's besides the point though, the point being as a result of this initiative from hearts they are picking up loose support. Whether any of the parents fork out the cash to take their kids back remains to be seen, but from my sons point of view he's gone from a class where there was a pretty even split between the two clubs to a class predominately jambo. I would imagine seeing how fickle kids are at that age it wouldn't take alot for Hibs to push them in the right direction.
As said before, I think the hibs kids membership is great, my kids are members. However as a way of attracting kids with no as of yet connection to the club, it's not very effective. The club needs to be proactive.

givescotlandfreedom
07-11-2012, 02:33 PM

Excellent parenting! One day he'll thank you.

Franck Stanton
07-11-2012, 03:29 PM

Well done, just what I would have done as well, nothing petty about it imo.

VickMackie
07-11-2012, 04:31 PM
Do you think I should phone up and order the two free tickets to prevent them being sold?

And have a piece of history to the last ever hearts game.

lyonhibs
07-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Do you think I should phone up and order the two free tickets to prevent them being sold?

And have a piece of history to the last ever hearts game.

So petty!!!! :bitchy:

Nah, every little bit helps. Get it done. :yw::jmcp::fenlon:giruy:

NOLA
07-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Thats brilliant!

Our one is undecided getting pulled in all directions but she looks to be settling on hearts 'because she loves hearts' I.e. pink ones that she will draw etc. :brickwall:
my daughter is a hibby purely because i am, she knows i wouldnt talk to her if she became a jambo.

Franck Stanton
07-11-2012, 06:00 PM

What a guid wee laddie, hope you told him how proud of him you are and give him a wee pressie as a reward. Restores my faith in the younger generation. Great post, has just made my day.

Greendub
07-11-2012, 06:30 PM

On the polish idea, there is a couple of polish guys at my work (Slask Wroclaw fans), they love the hibees now, even spied them at the semi last year, they said hibs should reach out to the polish community, they are very very passionate about their teams back home and a lot of them would be right up for hibs games.

Part/Time Supporter
07-11-2012, 06:30 PM

Hearts are giving away tickets for the game they are now desperately trying to sell out to go towards paying this tax bill.

Joined up thinking at its finest.

LeithSqualk
07-11-2012, 11:10 PM

Now they need to sell out the pbs for the next three games do you recon they will cancel the Kids free tickets?

KingFranck
07-11-2012, 11:16 PM

Brilliant stuff - my son is 9 and when I got in from work and told him Hearts last ever match might be against St Mirren he started laughing and punching the air in delight
good riddance Jambos only reason you were the big team was cos you cheated your way to wins and cups you are a disgrace to Edinburgh and football bye bye :pfgwa:fenlon:jmcp::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye:

Matty_Jack04
08-11-2012, 10:07 PM
My son also had this at his school, it was only £1 and it was split between SFA youth football and the school board, they where giving vouchers to the kids for games after the photo and as far as I am aware hearts received nothing financially out of it.
I don't know how they can fulfil there promise to the kids of tickets and sell out the PBS at the same time but that's not for me to worry about

JIm
08-11-2012, 10:13 PM
My son also had this at his school, it was only £1 and it was split between SFA youth football and the school board, they where giving vouchers to the kids for games after the photo and as far as I am aware hearts received nothing financially out of it.
I don't know how they can fulfil there promise to the kids of tickets and sell out the PBS at the same time but that's not for me to worry about

Sfa youth football? I think you mean the Hearts Community Trust......anyway charging for the photos is scandalous.

speedy_gonzales
08-11-2012, 10:38 PM
My daughter handed me one of the '2 free ticket' vouchers as she came in from school. It's for the Aberdeen game on the 8th of December, '8th of December', that's a bit presumptuous I thought, last I heard next week was their last game!
Dunno whether to bin it, use it and leave the seats empty or pass it on to a jambo mate, christ knows they could do with a change of fortune!

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2012, 10:54 PM
You guys have got to take the free tickets and leave the seats empty. Opportunity's too good to miss.

VickMackie
08-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Now they need to sell out the pbs for the next three games do you recon they will cancel the Kids free tickets?

Wouldn't surprise me!

VickMackie
08-11-2012, 11:00 PM
You guys have got to take the free tickets and leave the seats empty. Opportunity's too good to miss.

I did consider it but couldn't bring myself to do it. A lot of regular people are going to lose jobs aswell.

I'd like to see them go down the tubes but didn't want to play a part, however small, in contributing to that.

Wish I never had a conscious. Haha

Part/Time Supporter
08-11-2012, 11:07 PM
I did consider it but couldn't bring myself to do it. A lot of regular people are going to lose jobs aswell.

I'd like to see them go down the tubes but didn't want to play a part, however small, in contributing to that.

Wish I never had a conscious. Haha

Conscience (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscience), not conscious (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consciousness).

:greengrin

darwenhibby
08-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Brilliant stuff - my son is 9 and when I got in from work and told him Hearts last ever match might be against St Mirren he started laughing and punching the air in delight
good riddance Jambos only reason you were the big team was cos you cheated your way to wins and cups you are a disgrace to Edinburgh and football bye bye :pfgwa:fenlon:jmcp::bye::bye::bye::bye::bye:

My 8 yr old started to pray"please god let it happen" were his words

euansdad
08-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Hibs should do things like that though. Getting involved in schools and giving subsidised or even free tickets away to the wee ones. Need to get stuck in and reach out

VickMackie
09-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Conscience (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscience), not conscious (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consciousness).

:greengrin

No idea why I wrote that. Sometimes of I'm reading over old emails I wonder if English is my first language.

euansdad
09-11-2012, 08:21 AM
No idea why I wrote that. Sometimes of I'm reading over old emails I wonder if English is my first language.

Let this be the start. Scottish not English. Lets get the Gaelic back

hibee_girl
09-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Hibs do give tickets to schools, my sons school got tickets a few weeks ago, they maybe just don't shout about it like hearts do

Danderhall Hibs
09-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Hibs do give tickets to schools, my sons school got tickets a few weeks ago, they maybe just don't shout about it like hearts do

Good to hear they do stuff. Why the secrecy though? Isn't it a positive story to get out in the papers and that?

heidtheba
10-11-2012, 10:18 AM
With their past history of employees on the sex offenders register, have all persons visiting the schools got the necessary clearances ?

I think the Council should be asked.

Sorry for being dim but is Thompson still not being paid by them?

gav71
12-11-2012, 09:37 AM
My five year old got two free tickets for the hearts game this coming week now I've not yet collected our tickets so where will I stand with it supposed to be a sell out any help fellow cabbages :pfgwaGGTTH:party:and do you think that black will be the colour of choice any help appreciated:flag:

DarrenSQH
12-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Bin the tickets and go to Hibs dundee.

lord bunberry
12-11-2012, 09:51 AM
My five year old got two free tickets for the hearts game this coming week now I've not yet collected our tickets so where will I stand with it supposed to be a sell out any help fellow cabbages :pfgwaGGTTH:party:and do you think that black will be the colour of choice any help appreciated:flag:

I would collect them and then throw them in the bucket

calumhibee1
12-11-2012, 09:59 AM
I would collect them and then throw them in the bucket

Yup. Collect them then don't use them.

euansdad
12-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Someone tell me if I'm missing something but if they are giving free tickets away, how will that help them? Unless they are drawing people in and then forcing them to eat a yamburger for twenty odd quid

cabbageandribs1875
12-11-2012, 10:02 AM
tear the tickets into tiny little pieces, put all the pieces into an envelope and either post them to debtridden FC or if you live near the ground hand the envelope in personally, if you have the game monopoly stick a £10 note in as well and tell them to spend it wisely

marinello59
12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Collect them then post a video on YouTube of them in flames.

DarrenSQH
12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
Someone tell me if I'm missing something but if they are giving free tickets away, how will that help them? Unless they are drawing people in and then forcing them to eat a yamburger for twenty odd quid

More customers for the bake sale

cabbageandribs1875
12-11-2012, 10:06 AM

this should maybe be included in the yamasaurus thread
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?74108-The-Yamasaurus-1st-Edition

chrisski33
12-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Is the op serious? No self respecting hibby should consider going to Hearts game unless its a hibsvhearts game!

euansdad
12-11-2012, 10:09 AM
this should maybe be included in the yamasaurus thread
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?74108-The-Yamasaurus-1st-Edition

Missed the boat! Was desperate to get in on that to