PDA

View Full Version : Scotland squad (Leigh Griffiths?)

shetlandhibee
06-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Who would you like to see in the Scotland team. IMO I think they should be putting in more youth players!

Mcgregor

Whittaker
Caldwell
???????
Dixon

Brown

Makay-Steven
D.fletcher
Forrest

griffiths
Flectcher

Subs

Wotherspoon
Morrison
Rhodes
Mackie
Russell
Bardsley
Wallace

Manager: strachan

SteveHFC
06-11-2012, 12:25 AM
McGregor

Hutton
Caldwell
Berra
Dixon

Snodgrass
Fletcher
Dorrans
Mackay-Stevens

Fletcher
Rhodes

frazeHFC
06-11-2012, 12:29 AM
At the moment the team i would pick would be:

McGregor

Bardsley
Caldwell
Berra
Dixon

Snodgrass
Morrison
Fletcher
Mackie

Fletcher
Griffiths

Doubt we would go with that, but some very good attacking players in there.

edinburghhibee
06-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Not so sure I would chuck sparky in ahead of Rhodes, especially since it might add a few £ to his transfer fee from wolves ;)

SMAXXA
06-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Does anyone think now Potter is away that Leigh will get a call up to the next friendly announced tomorrow?

No reason why not and think Stark should reward him for his recent good form.

Not fussed personally for it as would rather him be at Hibs and not running the risk of injury etc but would be good for Leigh and deserved IMO.

JimBHibees
06-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Does anyone think now Potter is away that Leigh will get a call up to the next friendly announced tomorrow?

No reason why not and think Stark should reward him for his recent good form.

Not fussed personally for it as would rather him be at Hibs and not running the risk of injury etc but would be good for Leigh and deserved IMO.

Hope not want him to be under the radar as much as possible until Hibs sign him. Also want him to avoid chance of injury with our big games coming up.

hfc rd
06-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Hope not want him to be under the radar as much as possible until Hibs sign him. Also want him to avoid chance of injury with our big games coming up.

Agree. I hope he doesn't get selected at this moment in time. Just imagine if he scores a hattrick and a couple of assists. Their will be a ton of clubs ready to pay Wolves the £150K asking price. That's why it's important we buy him right now as the prospect of losing him is pretty frightening.

SMAXXA
06-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Agree. I hope he doesn't get selected at this moment in time. Just imagine if he scores a hattrick and a couple of assists. Their will be a ton of clubs ready to pay Wolves the £150K asking price. That's why it's important we buy him right now as the prospect of losing him is pretty frightening.

Totally agree :agree:

JimBHibees
06-11-2012, 05:37 PM

And you can be sure it wouldnt be 150k.

PISTOL1875
06-11-2012, 05:49 PM
McGregor

Hutton
Caldwell
Berra
Dixon

Snodgrass
Fletcher
Dorrans
Mackay-Stevens

Fletcher
Rhodes

Berra ahead of Charlie Mulgrew ?? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

SteveHFC
06-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Berra ahead of Charlie Mulgrew ?? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yes. Charlie Mulgrew is over-rated

hfc rd
06-11-2012, 05:52 PM

True but like I said if he continues in this form and takes it to the international level, we face an even bigger fight to hold onto him beyond January. But yeah very likely wolves will start a bidding war with all the interested clubs and his price tag will be absolutely unreachable for us to afford if we do not act right now.

Greendub
06-11-2012, 05:55 PM
I hope not, but with billy stark as temp manager I think he will get a call up

SMAXXA
06-11-2012, 05:57 PM
True but like I said if he continues in this form and takes it to the international level, we face an even bigger fight to hold onto him beyond January. But yeah very likely wolves will start a bidding war with all the interested clubs and his price tag will be absolutely unreachable for us to afford if we do not act right now.

Suppose the one factor which you are overlooking and arguably the most important one is Leigh himself. If he is hell bent of coming here permenant which IMO he will, he can knock back any interest and say he will sign a pre-contract with us and they would get nowt unless they deal with Hibs?

Hope thats the case anyway.

VickMackie
06-11-2012, 05:57 PM

There's a possibility his form this season has already put us out of the equation in terms of fee and/or salary.

I agree we need to try and get it tied up now but I'm not sure why people keep saying we need to do this now before it's too late when it probably already is.

Greendub
06-11-2012, 05:58 PM
I hope Hutton and miller don't make the squad.

If ye canni get a game for your club, you shouldn't play for your country, harsh some might say, but he is gash

And Miller, well, once a player goes to play in the states or Canada, his career is going down the pan.

cabbageandribs1875
06-11-2012, 06:00 PM

ipswich/whoever can offer wolves millions if they want, leigh griffiths himself will have the final say on where he ends up/wants to go

hfc rd
06-11-2012, 06:11 PM
There's a possibility his form this season has already put us out of the equation in terms of fee and/or salary.

I agree we need to try and get it tied up now but I'm not sure why people keep saying we need to do this now before it's too late when it probably already is.

I understand where you are coming from. But the situation is, we are not late. We can still do it. We haven't heard anything official from wolves other than he's available to any interested club. There has been no confirmation of any club already that has agreed a fee with wolves for Griffiths. Otherwise their will be no point talking about getting Griffiths beyond January if a deal was already in place with another club to take Leigh from us in January or for next season on a pre-contract.

Cracker
06-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Would Hibs not have first option for him and a fee agreed?sure this was the route Hibs took with McPake.

allezsauzee
06-11-2012, 06:14 PM
ipswich/whoever can offer wolves millions if they want, leigh griffiths himself will have the final say on where he ends up/wants to go

As much as Leigh loves Hibs, if an English Championship side offered him a deal that gave him financial security for him and his family, I think it's unlikely he'd turn it down

hfc rd
06-11-2012, 06:17 PM
As much as Leigh loves Hibs, if an English Championship side offered him a deal that gave him financial security for him and his family, I think it's unlikely he'd turn it down

That's the thing I am worried about.

hfc rd
06-11-2012, 06:29 PM
McGregor

Whittaker
Caldwell
Mulgrew
Dixon

Snodgrass
D.Fletcher
Dorrans
Commons

Rhodes
S.Fletcher

TrinityHibs
06-11-2012, 06:44 PM
I just want him signed

Hibeesforever
06-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Agree. I hope he doesn't get selected at this moment in time. Just imagine if he scores a hattrick and a couple of assists. Their will be a ton of clubs ready to pay Wolves the £150K asking price. That's why it's importa lnt we buy him right now as the prospect of losing him is pretty frightening.

I am very concerned that our Chairman is procrastinating paying the relatively small fee required. He has probably been spending more time reviewing the Craug Levin SFA evidence. Get it sorted Mr Petrie, pay the monies for Leigh.

patch1875
06-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Must cost a fortune paying for all those bairns.

PerfectlyFranck
06-11-2012, 07:44 PM
After the bounce went down, checking Twitter to find out what the problem was, I had a look at Leigh's Twitter page. He seems to use it very often and the amount of random abuse he gets is quite sad. My worry with him using Twitter isn't how he replies to the people (getting him in trouble once it reaches the media) but if he can handle all of the abuse he gets.

Hopefully it's all a bit of banter and he laughs it off but if last season is anything to go by, it can't be doing much good for his mentality. He didn't seem very thick-skinned last season. Was his account not deleted at one point? What was that for?

:giruy:

Baldy Foghorn
06-11-2012, 08:20 PM

Ditto:agree:

Jonnyboy
06-11-2012, 08:22 PM

And if he does go for a better deal I hope we'll not get the usual bloodletting on here (as suffered by players doing exactly that in the past) :wink: