PDA

View Full Version : Half Season Ticket offer

PatHead
05-11-2012, 02:22 PM
If Hibs marketing are thinking correctly they will be issuing half season tickets in the next few days with a guaranteed Cup ticket factored into the price. A great way to raise some money towards buying Lee and securing the loan deal for McGivern until the end of the season. If there was anything left it could go towards any deficit at the bank.

Edit They should also be giving priority to people who attend this Sunday's game by telling them to hold onto their stub. (Obviously behind season ticket holders before anyone bites my head off.)

Mikey
05-11-2012, 02:24 PM
:agree:

Greendub
05-11-2012, 02:50 PM
I like the stub idea, as it will be my last home game this season lol

CB_NO3
05-11-2012, 03:46 PM
Sorry to be nippy but its Leigh rather than Lee ;)

Taz_hibee
05-11-2012, 04:01 PM
As much as I would love this to be a sell out the TV will knacker it by moving to Sunday so cannot see any problem getting a ticket.

Me personally I have a cup top up :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin:aok::aok::aok: :agree::agree::agree:

PatHead
05-11-2012, 04:02 PM

Hope we don't sign the wrong one then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Damn, Just got used to spelling Weatherspoon as well.)

Speedy
05-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Not a bad idea but I don't think there will be a problem getting tickets.

There will be a lot of people who have no intention of going to the game after the cup last year.

Hibbyradge
06-11-2012, 11:06 AM
The cup game won't be a sell out, but I agree the half seasons should go on sale before that game. If we lose, the cost will be considerable, but if we win, we could see a sharp rise in ST holders.

However, the TV schedule still causes problems.

Next week will be our fifth game which has been moved. Despite the calls for more 3.00pm kick-offs, that's more league games on TV than we had by this time last year!

Firstly, there's the inconvenience of 12.15 kick offs, Sundays etc and secondly there's the cost. For many, the prospect of paying £22/£29 to sit in the cold doesn't compare very favourably against sitting in a warm livingroom for nothing. Even nipping down to the local for half a dozen pints is cheaper than going to the game and you get the benefit of a great view, instant replays and fantastic commentators and pundits. Ok, some of that was a lie!

Tom Hart banned TV cameras from Easter Road in the 70's saying that they would be the death of football, because crowds would diminish and those words are being proved right, at least partially.

Having said all that, if Hibs keep progressing over the next few weeks, I'll buy a half season.

Ozyhibby
06-11-2012, 12:23 PM
The cup game won't be a sell out, but I agree the half seasons should go on sale before that game. If we lose, the cost will be considerable, but if we win, we could see a sharp rise in ST holders.

However, the TV schedule still causes problems.

Next week will be our fifth game which has been moved. Despite the calls for more 3.00pm kick-offs, that's more league games on TV than we had by this time last year!

Firstly, there's the inconvenience of 12.15 kick offs, Sundays etc and secondly there's the cost. For many, the prospect of paying £22/£29 to sit in the cold doesn't compare very favourably against sitting in a warm livingroom for nothing. Even nipping down to the local for half a dozen pints is cheaper than going to the game and you get the benefit of a great view, instant replays and fantastic commentators and pundits. Ok, some of that was a lie!

Tom Hart banned TV cameras from Easter Road in the 70's saying that they would be the death of football, because crowds would diminish and those words are being proved right, at least partially.

Having said all that, if Hibs keep progressing over the next few weeks, I'll buy a half season.

Crowds are higher now than when Tom Hart was in charge.

InchHibby
06-11-2012, 12:40 PM

I think your both wrong it's Lea

Hibbyradge
06-11-2012, 01:43 PM
Crowds are higher now than when Tom Hart was in charge.

Well, sort of.

At the start of the 70's, average attendances were higher than they are now and maximum crowds were about 3 times the size we occasionally reach now. I remember being at a game against Rangers (remember them?) with 49000 or so there, and it was said that if you added in all the folk who got a lift over that day, it was well over 50k.

Attendances against smaller teams were smaller than our lowest now, but remember it was a much bigger team league then, there were too many meaningless games and season tickets weren't in vogue.

Certainly, crowds tailed off spectacularly towards the end of his tenure, I think we averaged lesss than 5000 in the 80/81 relegation year, but that was a long time after TV had its hooks into domestic football.

Hibbyradge
06-11-2012, 01:44 PM

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/PlayerProfiles/0,,10290~55203,00.html

HibbyRod
06-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Nice one D ! :tee hee: :not worth