PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

hibbyboy1
04-11-2012, 10:33 PM
The league leaders went to tanadice today I didn't think hibs played again today

chrisski33
04-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Yup noticed what rob mclean said the ignorant twxt!

clerriehibs
04-11-2012, 11:04 PM
The league leaders went to tanadice today I didn't think hibs played again today

I think it's grammatically correct, although I wouldn't dispute that he actually meant it as "celtc went to tannadice today as league leaders"

My father went to portobello high school ... he wasn't my father then, but is now.

iwasthere1972
04-11-2012, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't get too upset about it. They were league leaders when he said it.

ruthven_raiders
04-11-2012, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't get too upset about it. They were league leaders when he said it.

More p****d off that they did no analysis of hibs apart from talking about griffiths, sums up Scottish tv journalism pathetic!

greenginger
04-11-2012, 11:34 PM
I think it's grammatically correct, although I wouldn't dispute that he actually meant it as "celtc went to tannadice today as league leaders"

My father went to portobello high school ... he wasn't my father then, but is now.

I went to Portobello High School...... but I ain't your father :wink:

gillythehibby
04-11-2012, 11:42 PM

I went to Holyrood and we were always fighting wi Porty. :na na:

Geo_1875
04-11-2012, 11:56 PM

Are you sure about that?

Vini1875
05-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Suits me if the media dismiss us. It means we always have a point to prove. Hopefully arrogance will keep celtc's mind off the ball.

Bishop Hibee
05-11-2012, 12:26 AM
I watched it tonight which I normally don't do. I actually thought Bonner and Thompson were alright pundits. Thompson was talking rubbish when he said Goodwin didn't deserve a second yellow but I suppose he's just standing up for a team mate. I agreed with him when he said Griffiths will get a Scotland call up if he plays like he did on Saturday.

Just wish they would have the same number of cameras as an EPL game then we could have seen conclusively if Griffiths was offside or not.

greenginger
05-11-2012, 12:29 AM

Holyrood was'nt built when I was at Porty. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
05-11-2012, 12:32 AM
I watched it tonight which I normally don't do. I actually thought Bonner and Thompson were alright pundits. Thompson was talking rubbish when he said Goodwin didn't deserve a second yellow but I suppose he's just standing up for a team mate. I agreed with him when he said Griffiths will get a Scotland call up if Craig Levein gets sacked.

Just wish they would have the same number of cameras as an EPL game then we could have seen conclusively if Griffiths was offside or not.

Changed that for you. :wink:

Looking at Goodwin's first challenge on McGivern again, he really should have been shown a straight red card for that alone. A shocking tackle that could have been a lot worse for Ryan McGivern.

I thought the comment about Goodwin not being a dirty player was comedy gold too.

Also absolutely no mention of the fact that St Mirren should have finished the last 20 minutes with 9 men after Lee Mair fouled Wotherspoon just outside the box, only minutes after being booked.

stevenhibs
05-11-2012, 05:27 AM

Sounds like a right old tear up that... Did you throw scones and cucumber sandwiches at each other or get your butlers to do it for you..... ;-)

keep the faith
05-11-2012, 07:54 AM
I have to say that stephen thompson is by far my most annoying sportscene pundit (excluding the hopefully soon to be ex scotland manager). Thompson continually talks over whoever else is on the panel to only end up saying exactly the same as the other guy!!!

Twa Cairpets
05-11-2012, 08:01 AM
I have to say that stephen thompson is by far my most annoying sportscene pundit (excluding the hopefully soon to be ex scotland manager). Thompson continually talks over whoever else is on the panel to only end up saying exactly the same as the other guy!!!

I noticed that too. He's quite articulate, bit cant help himself jumping in.

I thought Bonner was very good - talked sense and was engaging.

haagsehibby
05-11-2012, 08:37 AM
I've given up on Sportscene. I watch the, better and more extensive, highlights on spl official on you tube.

Alex Trager
05-11-2012, 09:19 AM
More p****d off that they did no analysis of hibs apart from talking about griffiths, sums up Scottish tv journalism pathetic!

The bbc need a massive cash injection into that programme. We need a M.O.T.D style.... If I win the lottery...

Stevie Reid
05-11-2012, 09:37 AM
How often do they have guest pundits from the team we have just played? Ridiculous.

Golden Bear
05-11-2012, 09:46 AM
How often do they have guest pundits from the team we have just played? Ridiculous.

It's all very predictable these days. They also had their now statutory hawrts man doing the match commentary although it's got to be said that Paul Mitchell is one of the better ones.

I'm not fully convinced that Leigh's second goal was a deflection ----------- Paul obviously did!

Part/Time Supporter
05-11-2012, 09:47 AM

Rob Maclean was moaning on twitter last night that Hibs have refused all requests this season. I guess it might have something to do with the infamous incident last season where Billy Brown said he thought that GOC had dived v St Johnstone.

Golden Bear
05-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Rob Maclean was moaning on twitter last night that Hibs have refused all requests this season. I guess it might have something to do with the infamous incident last season where Billy Brown said he thought that GOC had dived v St Johnstone.

Or maybe it's because Sportscene effectively got Leigh Griffiths a ban last season through their selective editing. Trial by television if ever there was.

Stevie Reid
05-11-2012, 09:52 AM
It's all very predictable these days. They also had their now statutory hawrts man doing the match commentary although it's got to be said that Paul Mitchell is one of the better ones.

I'm not fully convinced that Leigh's second goal was a deflection ----------- Paul obviously did!

If there was it didn't effect where the shot was going, if anything it just took some pace off the ball - and the keeper still couldn't get there. Not convinced either though.

Stevie Reid
05-11-2012, 09:54 AM

Regardless, there are always games involving ten other teams yet they continually have someone from our opposition that weekend on.

vanNISHtelroy
08-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Despite the fact that Packie Bonner and Stephen Thompson agreed that the ref was right in sending off Cammy Bell in the Killie game at the weekend, we won the appeal....not even downgraded to a yellow. Their amazing theory that the keeper didn't need to make any contact with the player for it to be a penalty and had also prevented a goalscoring opportunity was obviously right then!

Wasn't a red card, shouldn't even have been a penalty.

Good ol' Sportscene

euansdad
08-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Suits me if the media dismiss us. It means we always have a point to prove. Hopefully arrogance will keep celtc's mind off the ball.

Me to just keep bubbling along under the radar