PDA

View Full Version : McGivern - Top Bloke

hfc rd
04-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Just met the big man in Asda in the entertainment section looking at a couple of dvds. Really nice guy to talk to and always willing to sign a couple of autographs for some of the young boys and girls when approached and asked. I asked him how is he finding it at Hibs? He said that he is enjoying it a lot and feels like this club is going places. He was really amazed at how much of a shambles it was last season and a club of our size and stature shouldn't be having seasons like that. Thinks Edinburgh is a beautiful city and for some reason thinks the trams are going to look the part once fully completed. I asked him the question that I am sure all of you guys would have asked him and that was what are the chances of you staying beyond January? His answer to that was "I don't know". He is just focusing on his football right now and wants to help us keep this run of form going. He will think about his future near the time roundabout xmas time as his contract at city expires in the summer. But just at this moment in time he wants to keep playing his football here and he is really enjoying it. Also a wee mention to sect 43. Thinks you guys are the best singing section he has ever came across. Loves the support youse give him and the rest of the boys.

Overall, a really nice guy. I honestly hope he, Griffiths & Claros are here beyond January.

Kojock
04-11-2012, 05:27 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::flag:

O'Rourke3
04-11-2012, 05:28 PM
:thumbsup:

WestEndHibee
04-11-2012, 05:30 PM
Just met the big man in Asda in the entertainment section looking at a couple of dvds. Really nice guy to talk to and always willing to sign a couple of autographs for some of the young boys and girls when approached and asked. I asked him how is he finding it at Hibs? He said that he is enjoying it a lot and feels like this club is going places. He was really amazed at how much of a shambles it was last season and a club of our size and stature shouldn't be having seasons like that. Thinks Edinburgh is a beautiful city and for some reason thinks the trams are going to look the part once fully completed. I asked him the question that I am sure all of you guys would have asked him and that was what are the chances of you staying beyond January? His answer to that was "I don't know". He is just focusing on his football right now and wants to help us keep this run of form going. He will think about his future near the time roundabout xmas time as his contract at city expires in the summer. But just at this moment in time he wants to keep playing his football here and he is really enjoying it. Also a wee mention to sect 43. Thinks you guys are the best singing section he has ever came across. Loves the support youse give him and the rest of the boys.

Overall, a really nice guy. I honestly hope he, Griffiths & Claros are here beyond January.

:top marks

greenlex
04-11-2012, 05:33 PM
You asked him about staying on?????????? FFS the question we all want answering is are the collar and cuffs the same colour.

danhibees1875
04-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Excellent - about time someone was positive about the trams. :agree:

YehButNoBut
04-11-2012, 05:37 PM
There must be a big chance that we will extend his loan until the end of the season, let's face it he is not going to go back and get a game for City at the moment so would be amazed if he was not with us until the end of the season.

hibs0666
04-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Cannae believe you never asked what his favourite Lloyd Grossman sauce was. :confused:

calumhibee1
04-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Had a great game yesterday.

cocopops1875
04-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Must be a total welt if he thinks the Trams will be good :greengrin

Pretty Boy
04-11-2012, 06:30 PM
Man City player, likes the trams, dodgy haircut.

****ing Boooooooo, get him out.

down-the-slope
04-11-2012, 06:54 PM
poor standard of reporting - we don't even know what DVD's he was perusing :I'm waiti

:greengrin i think he is doing well. also it will help Pat no end that he is actually getting games as this is befitting Man City and will make future moves for loans players more likely....in fact wonder who else Man City might like to send us :aok:....

DAVE1875
04-11-2012, 08:37 PM
You asked him about staying on?????????? FFS the question we all want answering is are the collar and cuffs the same colour.

:tee hee:

clerriehibs
04-11-2012, 08:45 PM

A footballer with a bit of intelligence about him - excellent! :not worth

Hibercelona
04-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Agreed, the trams are well worth it.

The roads of embra are so dead these days, that should living things up a bit.

Lofarl
04-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Aye all very good. But was he wearing Chinos?

SteveHFC
04-11-2012, 09:08 PM

If he was then he can GTF:na na:

Jonnyboy
04-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Do we really need to have a thread every time somebody meets one of the players? Jeeesshhh

:wink::greengrin

FranckSuzy
04-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Do we really need to have a thread every time somebody meets one of the players? Jeeesshhh

:wink::greengrin

:tee hee: I'm going to start one everytime I meet fellow .netters to fleece them for cash :wink: :agree:

The_Horde
05-11-2012, 11:26 AM

He certainly has the dodgy hairdo.

Stevie Reid
05-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Been a quality addition - having two full backs as mobile and good in the air as Clancy and McGivern is really important.

Mac
05-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Clearly he will be signing for us in January as he is already on Petrie's wavelength, bargain bucket in Asda ;0)

On a serious note, he is a phenomenal talent and if we signed him permanently in January along with the other 2 it really would be outstanding for the club and supporters and for once show willingness from Petrie that he realises he must spend in order to improve, spend on the right players that is!!

As mentioned last night, £150k for LG is an absolute steal and if we dont act quickly we WILL lose him to someone else, just because he wants to stay doesnt mean he will as agents and bigger cheque books will win over emotional attachments.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Saturday was the first time I'd seen him, and I wasn't overly impressed. Maybe I was expecting too much, so was overly critical...

Tell me I'm wrong. Please :greengrin

RoYO!
05-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Don't recall him losing anything in the air- and was often the target for most clearances from Williams- great addition

Stevie Reid
05-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Saturday was the first time I'd seen him, and I wasn't overly impressed. Maybe I was expecting too much, so was overly critical...

Tell me I'm wrong. Please :greengrin

What weren't you impressed with? Hardly any St. Mirren attacks came down our left side, they had clearly identified Maybury's height as a weak link. In the second half when we had difficulty retaining possession from Williams' goal kicks, he started knocking them towards McGivern and he won every single header. We were under pressure a bit towards the end, but the removal of Doyle for Stevenson didn't help McGivern, and most of our players looked edgy, Taiwo and Claros (uncharacteristically) in particular.

As I said earlier, mobility and height, great attributes for a full back - Clancy is the same.

CropleyWasGod
05-11-2012, 01:06 PM
What weren't you impressed with? Hardly any St. Mirren attacks came down our left side, they had clearly identified Maybury's height as a weak link. In the second half when we had difficulty retaining possession from Williams' goal kicks, he started knocking them towards McGivern and he won every single header. We were under pressure a bit towards the end, but the removal of Doyle for Stevenson didn't help McGivern, and most of our players looked edgy, Taiwo and Claros (uncharacteristically) in particular.

As I said earlier, mobility and height, great attributes for a full back - Clancy is the same.

I think it was his distribution that I didn't care for. There were too many stray passes for me. That said, he did play a few great balls down the wing.

It's always the way, though.... one doesn't always notice the basic things a player does well, but woe betide him if he makes a mistake.

Stevie Reid
05-11-2012, 01:13 PM
I think it was his distribution that I didn't care for. There were too many stray passes for me. That said, he did play a few great balls down the wing.

It's always the way, though.... one doesn't always notice the basic things a player does well, but woe betide him if he makes a mistake.

:greengrin