PDA

View Full Version : deegan and clancy injuries (merged)

hugo boss
04-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Hope they are back next week...i know deegan is really doubtful:flag:

Steven_Hibs
04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
We managed to get the win without those two yesterday, so that was a plus. I reckon Clancy will be fit for next week, and Deegan will definitely be out for at least another few weeks, his injury was a bad one, I'm sure it was broken in 3 places, so I heard. I also heard that they have the incident on CCTV, but are struggling to get witnesses or something like that :confused: I'm not sure how these investigations are done, but it sounds ridiculous

Capt Mainwaring
04-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Would like to see Deegan back ASAP, but comfortable with Maybury at Right Back. Think he's as good if not better than Clancy.

jodjam
04-11-2012, 04:21 PM
Would like to see Deegan back ASAP, but comfortable with Maybury at Right Back. Think he's as good if not better than Clancy.

I've no issue with Maybury as he's a steady player but reckon Clancy brings us more. Great in the air in both boxes. We look much better when he's in the side.

inglisavhibs
04-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Other way round, we need Clancy more than Deegan but we need all our players fit with such a small squad.

Minder
05-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Other way round, we need Clancy more than Deegan but we need all our players fit with such a small squad.

Anyone have latest on GD recovery, timeframe for return?

Golden Bear
05-11-2012, 08:52 PM

He's not returned to training yet so its anyone's guess.

essexhibee
05-11-2012, 10:47 PM
If we are gonna win the derby I feel having Deegan back is a must IMO

Hermit Crab
06-11-2012, 05:14 AM
If we are gonna win the derby I feel having Deegan back is a must IMO

Yes, I agree a fully fit Deegan I a massive boost for us.

BT58
06-11-2012, 06:07 AM
Can he wear a helmet like yon cech (extra protection & more substance to nut they ****
Lol
Bt

IWasThere2016
06-11-2012, 06:18 AM

Maybury will get done by Daly at the back post all game on Sunday - we need Clancy back! Same goes for Mackay-Steven running at the FB - Clancy will cope better IMHO.

Kojock
06-11-2012, 06:49 AM

Was told on Saturday that he is out for 8 weeks after the date of his operation. The injury was quite severe.

Hibs7
06-11-2012, 07:06 AM
I see Lothians finest are keeping up their low standard and still haven't caught the guy even though he was on cctv, maybe it is their Hearts supporting staff that is looking into it. Pathetic!!

StevieC
06-11-2012, 07:33 AM
I see Lothians finest are keeping up their low standard and still haven't caught the guy even though he was on cctv, maybe it is their Hearts supporting staff that is looking into it. Pathetic!!

I'm suprised that they haven't released an image of the guy that did it, if it's on CCTV.

ivan03
06-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Deegan is about 3 weeks away i'm afraid. would be great to have him back for the scottish cup!

scoopyboy
06-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Deegan is about 3 weeks away i'm afraid. would be great to have him back for the scottish cup!

To be honest that is better than I had expected.

I had not posted for fear of negative vibes on an otherwise reasonably upbeat board.

I was told (as posted earlier in this thread) that Gary's jaw was broken in three places, either side and central. Furthermore it was possible that it may have to be rebroken as they weren't 100% sure the operation was a success.

From what you have posted I would say that another op is not required.

Stevie Reid
06-11-2012, 09:34 AM
To be honest that is better than I had expected.

I had not posted for fear of negative vibes on an otherwise reasonably upbeat board.

I was told (as posted earlier in this thread) that Gary's jaw was broken in three places, either side and central. Furthermore it was possible that it may have to be rebroken as they weren't 100% sure the operation was a success.

From what you have posted I would say that another op is not required.

What an horrendous injury. Really hope they get the @rsehole that did it, but seems unlikely now, sadly.

ivan03
06-11-2012, 11:57 AM
What an horrendous injury. Really hope they get the @rsehole that did it, but seems unlikely now, sadly.

they got the incident on CCTV but have been unable to get a hold of the guy that done it.

Look forward to having him back in the middle of the park!

RoxburghHibs
06-11-2012, 01:39 PM
they got the incident on CCTV but have been unable to get a hold of the guy that done it.

Look forward to having him back in the middle of the park!

Surely this image should be released to see if anyone recognises him? I'm surprised he hasn't been online on a peedo forum boasting about it to be honest!

YehButNoBut
13-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Looks like Deegan may be back in training this week, would be great to have him back in the side for the Hearts cup tie but may be too soon, although Taiwo has done well as a replacement meantime.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibee-gary-deegan-hoping-to-get-all-clear-1-2630494

Broken jaw victim Gary Deegan is hoping to get the green light this week to return to training, Hibs boss Pat 
Fenlon has revealed.

Deegan is due for another hospital check on the injury sustained in an unprovoked attack as the midfielder left a city centre nightspot in the early hours of the morning after he and his team-mates had been celebrating the Easter Road outfit’s win over Dundee which had sent them to the top of the SPL table for the first time this season.

The 25-year-old has been unable to train since that incident more than five weeks ago, the lay-off, according to Fenlon, having left the former Coventry City player feeling down and “a bit depressed.”

But now Fenlon is hoping the gloom will be lifted when Deegan undergoes his latest check-up although the manager insisted the Irishman, who was proving to be an influential figure in the middle of the park, won’t be rushed back into 
action prematurely.

He said: “Gary is due back in hospital this week, so hopefully they will give him the all-clear to start getting in some training. He isn’t doing anyting at the moment, he’s just been taking things easy, letting the fractures heal. We are just trying to make sure they heal properly and then build him up and get him going again.”

Fenlon, though, refused to put a timescale on Deegan’s recovery, adamant it will take as long as need be, pointing out caution will have to be applied in even letting him become involved in “contact” training with his team-mates until he is 
completely ready.

The Hibs manager said: “It’s not something we will say will 
take a week, two weeks or a month. It will be whatever it is, how fractures heal and how quickly we can get him back in to the physical stuff. “We will have to listen to what the doctors say as to the next step and a case of monitoring him on a weekly basis rather than say he is going to be back at a certain time.”

IFONLY
13-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Just on SKY Sports News Gary Deegan back training and McPake also

JollyGreenGiant
13-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Just on SKY Sports News Gary Deegan back training and McPake also

Getting Deegan back in the team soon will be great, but I also think it shows how far we have come as a team that we can beat Dundee Utd (I think I heard we had not beaten them in the last 14 games) without McPake, Clancy and Deegan.

:pfgwa:pfgwa

Hibercelona
13-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Great news.

Although, I don't think either of them will play a full game against Dundee. The starting 11 against Dundee Utd all deserve their place in the starting line up against Dundee.

PatHead
13-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Great news.

Although, I don't think either of them will play a full game against Dundee. The starting 11 against Dundee Utd all deserve their place in the starting line up against Dundee.

Think McPake will get back in to team straight away. Can see your argument though.

Big_Franck
13-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Great news about Deegan, he was really starting to come in to some form before the attack.

Agree we should stick with the midfield from Sunday for the Dundee game as they deserve to start again. No doubt see Gary back in the team for the derby on the 2nd though, massive plus :thumbsup:

Piqué
13-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Good to hear, hopefully we can ease him back in at some point in the Dundee game if things are going our way.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Good to hear, hopefully we can ease him back in at some point in the Dundee game if things are going our way.

Would be surprised if he's involved at Dundee. A good week and a bit of training, and he might be on the bench for the Dona game.

hfc rd
13-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Great news!!

Golden Bear
13-11-2012, 05:31 PM

I don't think there's a ghost's chance in hell that he'll be involved for a number of weeks yet. He's only just started training which at this stage does not involve any physical contact so it's still very much a question of wait and see.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Rod said to me on Sunday that Clancy would be fit for next week

Wheat Hound
13-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Apparently Deegans not been on solids since the attack and has lost a lot of weight. Might not be until new year before he is fully back to fitness (physically and mentally).

SMAXXA
13-11-2012, 08:50 PM
I don't expect to see deegan until at least around xmas time, home not tho and he's back soon, but only when he's 100 percent ready which I'm sure he won't be rushed. Goof thing is we are still doing well and that removes the temptation to maybe bring him back too early.

Both will be welcome additions back in the fold.

Wonder if Mcpake will come straight back in and if so for who.

Eyrie
13-11-2012, 08:55 PM
McPake will replace Stevenson.

YehButNoBut
13-11-2012, 08:55 PM
I don't expect to see deegan until at least around xmas time, home not tho and he's back soon, but only when he's 100 percent ready which I'm sure he won't be rushed. Goof thing is we are still doing well and that removes the temptation to maybe bring him back too early.

Both will be welcome additions back in the fold.

Wonder if Mcpake will come straight back in and if so for who.

I would think McPake will be back in, Lewis will drop out & McGivern will go back to left back.