View Full Version : Match Updates Sunday Games

04-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Half time at Tannadice with the score 0-0 but Celtic have totally dominated and should go on to win in the 2nd half unless there is some dramatic change by Utd.

Don't know what has happened to Utd as they looked a good side at the start of the season but have really fell away. Suppose they have had injuries to some key players, still they do have Skacel to bring on. :yw:

Think we'll be back in 2nd place in the next hour, still more than happy with that position. :pfgwa

04-11-2012, 12:39 PM
I was shocked by how bad the Arabs were against the yams in midweek. Hope they don't improve before next Sunday

04-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Mark Hughes could be out of a job in around 90 minutes. 1-0 Reading.

04-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Half time at Tannadice with the score 0-0 but Celtic have totally dominated and should go on to win in the 2nd half unless there is some dramatic change by Utd.

:pfgwa

Celtic have certainly dominated in terms of possession, but otherwise they have not shown much up front to really worry DU. The 8-1 attempts on goal means little as the attempts were so awful, although in the general direction of the United goal...

...with Celtic's resources they should be walking this, but United - although poor - are working hard and do not deserve to be down IMO

...Scott Brown is being praised on TV for some obscure reason - certainly nothing to do with his performance today!

... hope Rankin pulls out another "squiggler" and United ruin Celtic's day, while making ours all the better!

04-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Dundee Utd miss a sitter... It's gonna be one of those days I think :rolleyes:

04-11-2012, 12:55 PM
I think both teams have been awful so far. Celtic have only had 1 shot on target which I can recall.

But they'll probably grind it out.

04-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Utd have been much better this half and look more likely to score than Celtic, let's hope they can sneak it and keep us top, also put Hearts down to 3rd bottom. :thumbsup:

04-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Utd have been much better this half and look more likely to score than Celtic, let's hope they can sneak it and keep us top, also put Hearts down to 3rd bottom. :thumbsup:

Here's hoping.

Perfect end to a great weekend.

CalgaryHibs
04-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Mark Hughes could be out of a job in around 90 minutes. 1-0 Reading.

QPR are a poor side they shoulda drop last season, not surprised there on the bottom.

04-11-2012, 01:12 PM
1-0 sellick :(

04-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Dam 1-0 Celtic Miku scores

04-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Why didn't he bring Skacel on earlier. What a fud.

04-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Baws.

04-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Oh well back down to second we go.....getting used to this 2 horse race stuff

04-11-2012, 01:20 PM
That was a clear penalty to united, and the ref ignored it. :confused::confused:

04-11-2012, 01:23 PM
2-0 game over me thinks

04-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Dundee Utd are awful, what has happened to them?

04-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Dundee Utd are awful, what has happened to them?

Well, injuries really. This is probably as good as they've been for a while. Mackay-Steven got injured in August and is just back now, that took away most of their creativity / trickery. Defensive injuries meant that Daly was used as a centre back for a while, which greatly weakened them in attack (Russell used as a lone striker).

04-11-2012, 01:32 PM
ooooooh 1-2 90 secs left

04-11-2012, 01:34 PM
2-2 :greengrin og

04-11-2012, 01:34 PM
YASSSSSSSSSSSS:thumbsup:

04-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Unreal now 2-2, keeps us level with Celtic on points :thumbsup:

Still over a minute for Utd to get the winner. :greengrin

04-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Well, injuries really. This is probably as good as they've been for a while. Mackay-Steven got injured in August and is just back now, that took away most of their creativity / trickery. Defensive injuries meant that Daly was used as a centre back for a while, which greatly weakened them in attack (Russell used as a lone striker).

I take it all back, they are magnificent, 2-2 :greengrin :wink: :thumbsup:

04-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Even before the comeback, United played a lot better today than they did against the Yams during the week.

04-11-2012, 01:38 PM
"And he's taken all 3 points for Celtic with that 2nd goal".

GIRFUY Walker!

04-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Yessssss.

Back to 2nd but 2 points gained on Celtic this weekend.

Believe!

Of course Roger Hannah tells us today in The Sun that Celtic are only dropping all these points because they know they can.

04-11-2012, 01:42 PM
League table now looks like this, quite happy for our opponents to get draws, means they both drop 2 points.

Position

Team

Played

Goal
Difference

View full
table (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premier/table)

Moving up 1

Celtic (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/celtic)

Moving down 2

Hibernian (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hibernian)

No Movement 3

Inverness
CT (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/inverness-caledonian-thistle)

No Movement 4

Aberdeen (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aberdeen)

No Movement 5

St Johnstone (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/st-johnstone)

No Movement 6

Motherwell (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/motherwell)

No Movement 7

Kilmarnock (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/kilmarnock)

No Movement 8

Ross County (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ross-county)

No Movement 9

Hearts (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/heart-of-midlothian)

No Movement 10

Dundee Utd (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/dundee-united)

No Movement 11

St Mirren (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/st-mirren)

No Movement 12

Dundee (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/dundee)

04-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Delighted. The minute Watt scored the sportsound commentators were fawning all over him. Glad that shut them up.

Anyone think the OF are doing so badly because they're pining for each other?

04-11-2012, 01:48 PM
If only Johnny Russell had scored that sitter, it would have been an even better result. But ah well, very happy with this result.

04-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Any dropped points is a bonus.

04-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Stopped watching when sellick went 2-0 up, ahh what a pleasant wee surprise ! :thumbsup:

VickMackie
04-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Delighted. The minute Watt scored the sportsound commentators were fawning all over him. Glad that shut them up.

It's probably because other teams have more belief there's only one of them to compete against.

04-11-2012, 01:52 PM

I do think Celtic are missing Rangers. They have lost that edge to win every game. They now don't have that pressure. On another note I'd love to see Hearts drop to Div 3 but if they did I honestly think the same thing would happen with us. No derby to look forward too. Hibs need Hearts and Hearts need Hibs. May not go down well on here but I'd hate to be like Aberdeen and have no real rivalry.

04-11-2012, 01:55 PM
I do think Celtic are missing Rangers. They have lost that edge to win every game. They now don't have that pressure. On another note I'd love to see Hearts drop to Div 3 but if they did I honestly think the same thing would happen with us. No derby to look forward too. Hibs need Hearts and Hearts need Hibs. May not go down well on here but I'd hate to be like Aberdeen and have no real rivalry.

I don't think Hearts going down to division 3 would have any negative impact on us at all.

04-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Tangerine Dream! :thumbsup:

04-11-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't think Hearts going down to division 3 would have any negative impact on us at all.

I know a lot of us think that and believe me I'd be loving it if they did. But it would have some impact regarding the excitement you get from a derby. That would be missed trust me.

04-11-2012, 02:09 PM
I know a lot of us think that and believe me I'd be loving it if they did. But it would have some impact regarding the excitement you get from a derby. That would be missed trust me.I couldnae give a **** TBH.

**** h****s

04-11-2012, 02:21 PM
I couldnae give a **** TBH.

**** h****s

Tell us how you really feel ;) for the record don't think for one min i actually care about that mob I would miss the derby and that's all. But seeing them suffer may actually compensate it.

04-11-2012, 02:32 PM
I know a lot of us think that and believe me I'd be loving it if they did. But it would have some impact regarding the excitement you get from a derby. That would be missed trust me.

Tell me whats been so exciting about the derbies over the last few years?

The way I see it, we get ourselves on a decent run of form, then the derby comes and everything changes.

duffers
04-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Not really fussed either way about the result, looks good that we are still joint top, however, that will have given UNT a big lift ahead of next week. And with McKay Steven back fit, and Deegan not back to half you know who, it will require a big performance. Biggest game of the season so far next week?

04-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Newcastle are 9/2 to win at liverpool, thats good value in my opinion. I'd have thought they would have been 5/2 at best?

04-11-2012, 02:47 PM
The only reason that Celtic need Rangers is because otherwise there is a lack of competition for them, not because of the derbies.

We don't need Hearts to provide us with competition.

**** them :bye:

04-11-2012, 02:48 PM

The way I see it, we get ourselves on a decent run of form, then the derby comes and everything changes.

The good thing now though is finally they are on a level playing field. They were paying players they couldn't afford and basically cheating. Now we have a better team with a bit of Heart. Hibs will win the next derby.

04-11-2012, 02:53 PM

Absolutely nothing beats the feeling when we beat them imo.

04-11-2012, 02:53 PM
The good thing now though is finally they are on a level playing field. They were paying players they couldn't afford and basically cheating. Now we have a better team with a bit of Heart. Hibs will win the next derby.

We won't though, thats the thing.

We'll shoot ourselves in the foot somehow. We always do.

04-11-2012, 02:59 PM
We won't though, thats the thing.

We'll shoot ourselves in the foot somehow. We always do.

Our defeatist attitude is the reason we get beat by them. Winning the derby is nothing to do with the quality of the players, it's about our mentality. Change the club mentality, chance the results in derbies.

I'm convinced that even the guys on here who wonder aloud how many goals we'll beat them by still think deep down that we're going to lose. We actually have to start believing we can win, and so do the club and the players. If we think we're gonna get battered then it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

04-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Our defeatist attitude is the reason we get beat by them. Winning the derby is nothing to do with the quality of the players, it's about our mentality. Change the club mentality, chance the results in derbies.

I'm convinced that even the guys on here who wonder aloud how many goals we'll beat them by still think deep down that we're going to lose. We actually have to start believing we can win, and so do the club and the players. If we think we're gonna get battered then it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

Although I agree with you to an extent.

The mentality of the fans, isn't going to make any difference, if it doesn't reflect onto the players.

I really thought we were going to beat them in the final, I didn't just believe it, I was convinced that we were going to do it. Unfortunately, 11 people wearing Hibs tops that day didn't.

It's all good and well believing in the team, but the players have to meet us half way, otherwise theres just no point turning up at all.

04-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Although I agree with you to an extent.

The mentality of the fans, isn't going to make any difference, if it doesn't reflect onto the players.

I really thought we were going to beat them in the final, I didn't just believe it, I was convinced that we were going to do it. Unfortunately, 11 people wearing Hibs tops that day didn't.

It's all good and well believing in the team, but the players have to meet us half way, otherwise theres just no point turning up at all.

They are, and we are not.

04-11-2012, 04:02 PM
The sprinkler :greengrin:

04-11-2012, 04:03 PM
The sprinkler :greengrin:

04-11-2012, 04:11 PM
They are, and we are not.

From what i've seen from the players so far. They're proving that they have the quality to win games, even if we aren't playing particular well, which is a really good thing, as we aren't always going to be great to watch in every game.

But a derby is different. It isn't a game of football, its a battle. And I just hope the players have the quality to win them as well.

04-11-2012, 04:17 PM

Went through five years of it during the escalator seasons of the late 70s and early 80s. Didn't miss the derbies that much, but I guess it must have had an impact on our finances.

Tbh, Hearts were that much out of it, they weren't anywhere near us at the time.

04-11-2012, 04:38 PM
From what i've seen from the players so far. They're proving that they have the quality to win games, even if we aren't playing particular well, which is a really good thing, as we aren't always going to be great to watch in every game.

But a derby is different. It isn't a game of football, its a battle. And I just hope the players have the quality to win them as well.

We are showing we can battle and scrap with the best of them, yesterday we came from behind to win. We came back and drew at parkhead, we also came back to draw against our pink neighbours and might have even won, we certainly deserved to do so., We are currently joint top of the league.

The team are doing their bit, we as fans are still dragging our heels a bit.

04-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Great tackle on saurez by collocinni, very unlucky to see a straight red. :wink:

04-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Great tackle on saurez by collocinni, very unlucky to see a straight red. :wink:

I thought it was a terrible challenge...Didn't get enough contact with Saurez :wink:

04-11-2012, 04:48 PM
We are showing we can battle and scrap with the best of them, yesterday we came from behind to win. We came back and drew at parkhead, we also came back to draw against our pink neighbours and might have even won, we certainly deserved to do so., We are currently joint top of the league.

The team are doing their bit, we as fans are still dragging our heels a bit.

To be honest BPH, I think theres some people who will never be back again.

04-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Should anything happen to Suarez then Liverpool can expect to drop like a brick.

04-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Neil Doncaster should take a long look at the SPL table in the papers the 'morn. When he has finished his breakfast, he should phone his boss and do the decent thing.

04-11-2012, 04:56 PM
To be honest BPH, I think theres some people who will never be back again.

I'm sorry to say it but i think you could be right? :boo hoo: Thats why its so vital we dont **** this start up, and we keep plugging away at the right end of the league and get as many of the waverers back as possible.

04-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm sorry to say it but i think you could be right? :boo hoo: Thats why its so vital we dont **** this start up, and we keep plugging away at the right end of the league and get as many of the waverers back as possible.

Agreed. :agree:

A result at the start of January would go a long way at getting some numbers back.