PDA

View Full Version : Greggs The Leigh Griffiths Is Going To.............. ???????? Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

marinello59
19-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Get the old wooden table and chair out on the pitch before the Scottish Cup match with Hearts.....have Leigh sign there and then. Cabbage would go mental, we would go on to win the tie and Leigh pays for himself.

This is Rod's hour, if he doesn't do this bit of business then it is SFA for him pronto and fans ownership model for Hibs too.

Are you talking fan ownership of the club? The same fans who are not even bothering turning up on match day at Easter Road?

MrRobot
19-11-2012, 07:57 PM
£7000 a week may not be huge at Wolves but it's huge to Hibs so we are relying on him taking a fairly big pay cut to sign for us, hope he does but can't see it happening.

I would say there is very little chance he is on 7k a week at Wolves.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-11-2012, 08:23 PM
We could offer him a contract on much the same as he is on just now, but buid in a clause that if a decent offer came in, say one year down the line, he could go and take a cut of the fee once we had cleared our overheads on the deal. The better he plays the more money in his bank account.

TamHibs
19-11-2012, 08:52 PM

He's on 4k a week at Wolves.

brog
19-11-2012, 09:15 PM
Firstly IMO Hibs fans should be congratulated on the turnout this season. After probably the worst ever result in our history attendances are up, that's fantastic. We're also taking a good away support, Dundee had their biggest attendance of the season on Sat, considerably more than their crowd vs the cake bakers!
secondly, there's some comments on here which seem to think that spending say, £150k on a transfer fee & £200k on wages will somehow put us on the brink of financial ruin. Finishing 11th in the league & as a result earning £700k less in SPL payouts than Yams is what will lead us to ruin. With the demise of sevco & imminent collapse of Yams we have a real opportunity, hopefully we can grasp it.

cocopops1875
19-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Firstly IMO Hibs fans should be congratulated on the turnout this season. After probably the worst ever result in our history attendances are up, that's fantastic. We're also taking a good away support, Dundee had their biggest attendance of the season on Sat, considerably more than their crowd vs the cake bakers!
secondly, there's some comments on here which seem to think that spending say, £150k on a transfer fee & £200k on wages will somehow put us on the brink of financial ruin. Finishing 11th in the league & as a result earning £700k less in SPL payouts than Yams is what will lead us to ruin. With the demise of sevco & imminent collapse of Yams we have a real opportunity, hopefully we can grasp it.

Nobody is saying "Financial Ruin" Just saying if its not there its not there :wink:

IWasThere2016
19-11-2012, 09:37 PM

:agree: There is no chance - none! He will also be aware he won't see what he's on at Wolves at Hibs.

basehibby
19-11-2012, 09:43 PM
From a Wolves point of view this makes this complete sense (I just thought they were at it until I realised Leighs contract was up in the summer).

Can't see where Hibs are going to get that kind of money!

The club have already stated that the money for the squad comes through the turnstyles - but I think they need to shout it from the rooftops a bit more - if fans want to keep players like Griffiths at Hibs and build on the success that brings then get yer erses along to ER sort of thing.

It's worked for the Yams in a sort of drastically negative sense - ie support the club or the whole shooting match goes down in flames as oposed to just losing a player. Still, I think that our board could take a leaf out of their book in putting the message across more forcefully except in a more positive way - ie investing in success as oposed to clubing together to keep the bailiffs at bay.

cocopops1875
19-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Ask Again Hibee :greengrin

hibee
19-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Ask Again Hibee :greengrin

Oops, tapatalk playing up on my phone!

Devilstorment
19-11-2012, 09:56 PM
I can totally see Leigh being snapped up by Celtic, this is exactly the kind of thing that happens to us!!

We need to try and drive some full houses at ER with the intention of giving Rod the money needed to buy. If Hearts manage to drum up support for a lost cause like saving their sinking ship, surely we can for IMHO one of the brightest talents at ER since fletch.

euansdad
19-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Don't know so much about that. They have hooper and samaras and the emerging watt so they are ok up front

Devilstorment
19-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Don't know so much about that. They have hooper and samaras and the emerging watt so they are ok up front

its a standard tactic of the ugly sisters! "we dont want them scoring against us so we will offer him more than Hibs could hope to"

remember Killen?

euansdad
19-11-2012, 10:24 PM
Well aye when you put it like that. Shouldn't put anything past them. Despite their much vaunted academies of Murray Park and Lennoxtown, they always cast an eye over here. Bugger, I can see it happening now

Devilstorment
19-11-2012, 10:27 PM
fingers crosse Leigh tells them where to stick it though!!! :flag:

joebakerforever
19-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Did Petrie not get more than £150k for Isaiah Osbourne from Blackpool at the start of this season ?

Unless this money has been redirected elsewhere, surely we have this cash for such a deal.

Petrie has been quick off the mark in the past to flog off players like Bamba on the first day of the January window, so it would be nice see him acting decisively in the other direction this time rond.

silverhibee
19-11-2012, 11:21 PM

:agree:

MrRobot
20-11-2012, 02:47 PM
He's on 4k a week at Wolves.

Surely an offer of 3k a week with an incentive for him wouldn't be beyond us then?

Either that or punt a couple to free the wages needed.

Famous5forever
20-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Did Petrie not get more than £150k for Isaiah Osbourne from Blackpool at the start of this season ?

Unless this money has been redirected elsewhere, surely we have this cash for such a deal.

Petrie has been quick off the mark in the past to flog off players like Bamba on the first day of the January window, so it would be nice see him acting decisively in the other direction this time rond.

RP Wont break the wage cap and we dont have 150k to spend now petrie is moaning that the numbers are not high enough for home games so its going to be our fault i hope to God we are not left to suffer Shefki Kuqi

East Coast Hibe
30-11-2012, 12:26 PM
As it says on the tin

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/8192-norwich-eye-griffiths.php#.ULizsuT4fto

dmc1875
30-11-2012, 12:31 PM
As it says on the tin

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league/8192-norwich-eye-griffiths.php#.ULizsuT4fto

Calderwood something to do with it...? :fenlon

Mikey
30-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Leigh could make more money for Hibs in one swish of his pen than all the cake bakes, kids piggy banks and jumble sales can raise in Gorgie.

Sign for 2 1/2 years and be sold on in Jan 2014 or August 2014 and both the club and Leigh would make good money. Another year at the only team in Edinburgh would do him no harm at all.

S4uzee
30-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Wonder if calderwood would recommend playing him right midfield again, clown!

Part/Time Supporter
30-11-2012, 12:34 PM
Calderwood something to do with it...? :fenlon

Doubt it, he signed the legendary Phil Airey first and only took Griffiths because Airey got homesick / injured / whatever.

LancsHibs
30-11-2012, 12:36 PM
This is very bad news:paranoid:

LancashireHibby
30-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Will wait for it to come from a more reputable source than a knock-off sports shop, but it's inevitable that he will attract interest in January if he continues his form in to December.

Hibercelona
30-11-2012, 12:41 PM
**** off Norwich, he's ours! :grr:

Leighs no daft, he'll know only too well how much of a walloper Calderwood is and wouldn't be tempted to go there for any sum of money.

I hope... :pray:

LeighLoyal
30-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Should come as no surprise. It could be he has to go to a place like that and stew in the reserves for a year or two before we'll get him back.

Golden Bear
30-11-2012, 12:43 PM
The media seem determined that we will be without Leigh come February.

A true fan would sign on the dotted line for at least another year. Come on Leigh -------- you know it makes sense.

:cb

Hibercelona
30-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Should come as no surprise. It could be he has to go to a place like that and stew in the reserves for a year or two before we'll get him back.

Or be played on the wing, or perhaps central defence this time by the genius there.... :rolleyes:

Mikey
30-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Do we know who his agent is? Please tell me it isn't Medals Mackay!!

Golden Bear
30-11-2012, 12:52 PM
Do we know who his agent is? Please tell me it isn't Medals Mackay!!

Is it not Darren Jackson?

Hainan Hibs
30-11-2012, 12:53 PM
If you couldn't despise Calderwood enough...:fenlon

Last Minute
30-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Is it not Darren Jackson?

It is Darren Jackson :agree:

Newry Hibs
30-11-2012, 01:22 PM
They sign him and immediately loan him back out (to us)?

essexhibee
30-11-2012, 01:27 PM
Sports direct news seems a reliable source....

Sean1875
30-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Sports direct news seems a reliable source....

about as reliable as the JJB courier.

basehibby
30-11-2012, 02:15 PM
FFS Petrie

SIGN HIM UP :brickwall

East Coast Hibe
30-11-2012, 02:29 PM
about as reliable as the JJB courier.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/121128/norwich-weighing-january-transfer-window-move-hibernian-stri

Pete
30-11-2012, 02:33 PM
I'll worry about this in January...not on the eve of a derby match.

JimBHibees
30-11-2012, 02:40 PM
I'll worry about this in January...not on the eve of a derby match.

Exactly.

Waxy
30-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Right now he is ours.

Hibby86
26-12-2012, 11:26 AM
will sign for norwich in january

Boydyhfc
26-12-2012, 11:28 AM

Sauce?

jdships
26-12-2012, 11:29 AM

Already been posted on another thread he is signing for Leeds 3rd Jan 2013

Didn't realise 'Gregg's' were open on Boxing Day :na na:

:greengrin:wink::confused::rolleyes:

cocopops1875
26-12-2012, 11:31 AM
Already been posted on another thread he is signing for Leeds 3rd Jan 2013

Didn't realise 'Gregg's' were open on Boxing Day :na na:

:greengrin:wink::confused::rolleyes:

Cant see this one as he is with us till mid-Jan :agree:

cocopops1875
26-12-2012, 11:32 AM

:aok:

Green Fish
26-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Nah, genuinely believe he wants to stay but time will tell. C'mon sparky - you know you want to!!

Pretty Boy
26-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Norwich would seem a weird one.

Not deemed good enough for a team toiling in the Championship but on the radar of a team doing ok in the EPL.

Another season at Hibs is the best thing he can do and he'll still get a big move if he keeps scoring.

steviehibsleith
26-12-2012, 11:46 AM
I think it will have very little to do with sparky if he stays or goes , Wolves will decide if they want him to return or if they want him away. As any team then it will be down to who is offering the most for his services and if Norwich are in then we are humped. Just hope PF and hibs have been keeping things sweet with Wolves as this may help our cause.

Craig_in_Prague
26-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Norwich would seem a weird one.

Not deemed good enough for a team toiling in the Championship but on the radar of a team doing ok in the EPL.

Another season at Hibs is the best thing he can do and he'll still get a big move if he keeps scoring.

totally agree. If he moves to a Norwich or any other good outfit, he'll be playing reserve fitbaw. Stay with Hibs, keep playing, scoring and improving all round game, then offers will come a plenty.
You cant blame a guy wanting to play at a higher level and earn more money, but still think he has a bit of developing to do and has time on his side. In the meantime firing in goals for the team you are supposed to love, cant be all that bad.

500miles
26-12-2012, 11:57 AM
From what I've heard, Griffiths is pretty fed up of the unwanted attention of being under scrutiny so much in Scotland. It could be this that sends him south more than anything else.

SneakersO'Toole
26-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Regardless of the rumours flying about, it would appear there is very little in the way of positive news about him staying at Hibs surfacing.

We live in hope but I'm not optimistic.

GoldenEagle
26-12-2012, 12:08 PM
From what I've heard, Griffiths is pretty fed up of the unwanted attention of being under scrutiny so much in Scotland. It could be this that sends him south more than anything else.

Tell him to delete his Twitter account then or start to block the mongs that constantly abuse.

Captain Trips
26-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Sparky's ours, if we want him.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4624548/Wolves-dont-want-striker-Leigh-back.html

He is ours if he is perpared to accept our wages bot simply if we want him, im sure we want Ronaldo.

Northernhibee
26-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Open All Mics reckon Sparky's staying untill the end of the season.

Bostonhibby
26-12-2012, 02:25 PM

They also just said that Lee Wallace slotted the ball through the goalkeepers head as well though! :confused: quality reporting :greengrin

Northernhibee
26-12-2012, 02:28 PM
They also just said that Lee Wallace slotted the ball through the goalkeepers head as well though! :confused: quality reporting :greengrin

Knowing the goalkeepers I do, it could well have gone between the ears.

Bostonhibby
26-12-2012, 02:30 PM
Knowing the goalkeepers I do, it could well have gone between the ears.

:top marks:faf:

Viva_Palmeiras
26-12-2012, 07:08 PM

To put into context it was wind-up merchant "biscuits" Preston that said he "thinks...." says it all really ;)

AlbertK86
26-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Did somebody maybe Scoopyboy not make a good point lately that as his contract is up in the summer he could sign a pre contract and commit to Hibs

Then RP could negotiate a deal to sign him January

The fact he has another kid on the way might persuade him to stay up here

Wages will be the big issue obviously

ancient hibee
26-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Wolves will offer him another year then leave him at Hibs for the rest of the season.

1875HFC
27-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Just told Matt Doherty at Wolves on Twitter if asked whether he is allowed to 'stay' Leigh replied 'Dont think so..."

few people getting in a panic on twitter asking him to clarify, is this the last we will see of Sparky?

:confused:

1875HFC
27-12-2012, 07:41 PM
After which he told Doherty that he will give him a call when he gets back down to Wolves.

Brightside
27-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Just told Matt Doherty at Wolves on Twitter if asked whether he is allowed to 'stay' Leigh replied 'Dont think so..."

few people getting in a panic on twitter asking him to clarify, is this the last we will see of Sparky?

:confused:

“@mattdoherty20: @LeighG28 okkkk I see your not allowed to stay are you ?” Don't think so.....

Aye not looking good. His heads not been in it the last few weeks. and flashing his cash on twitter is also daft.

1875HFC
27-12-2012, 07:44 PM
January should make for an interesting month, cannot survive with caldwell/Kuqi and Doyle upfront.

lord bunberry
27-12-2012, 07:46 PM
totally agree. If he moves to a Norwich or any other good outfit, he'll be playing reserve fitbaw. Stay with Hibs, keep playing, scoring and improving all round game, then offers will come a plenty.
You cant blame a guy wanting to play at a higher level and earn more money, but still think he has a bit of developing to do and has time on his side. In the meantime firing in goals for the team you are supposed to love, cant be all that bad.

Its maybe not that weird if he goes to norwich as cc is there

lucky
27-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Hibs have offered him a contract but Leeds have offered 5 times the wage.

Newhaven
27-12-2012, 07:57 PM
The more I see of these twitter accounts the more I think that players shouldnt have them or if so they are heavily moderated by the club.

Why on earth would you have a picture of a pile of cash and the 'c' word on public view :confused:

J-C
27-12-2012, 07:59 PM
No matter what happens, if Leigh goes it's because he's enhanced his credentials and will get regular football, specially in the championship, add to that the £10k he'll get in his tail.

down-the-slope
27-12-2012, 08:17 PM
remember Wolves have a years option...if there are lots of clubs sniffing around they Could activate it as a means of increasing his value to sell in the summer

silverhibee
27-12-2012, 09:03 PM
remember Wolves have a years option...if there are lots of clubs sniffing around they Could activate it as a means of increasing his value to sell in the summer

From what i have been told, Wolves will be recalling him after his loan spell at Hibs and will look to sell him in the January window, he won't be going back out on loan again, and Hibs are only trying to get him back on loan again.

If true about Leeds then Hibs just can't compete against them.

Mr White
27-12-2012, 09:08 PM
January should make for an interesting month, cannot survive with caldwell/Kuqi and Doyle upfront.

who knows, maybe sparky leaving could be the making of caldwell?

silverhibee
27-12-2012, 09:15 PM
who knows, maybe sparky leaving could be the making of caldwell?

Or kuqi. :rolleyes::greengrin

SteveHFC
27-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Or kuqi. :rolleyes::greengrin

Kuqi will score the winner next week :)

silverhibee
27-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Kuqi will score the winner next week :)

Nah, my money is on Deek or Gaz to get a last minute winner. :greengrin

edwards
27-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Whatever happens I really do wish Leigh all the best, I would have liked him to stay the remaining six months score more goals and get the right move down south. I certainy wouldn't take any advise from that pric Matt Doherty still not getting a regular place and a bit player thats exactly what Leigh doesn't want.
Think with your head Leigh and stay and finish Scotland's top goalscorer then get that move as a regular not warming a bench. :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Hibs have offered him a contract but Leeds have offered 5 times the wage.

If that's true about the amount Leeds are willing to offer him, then there is no chance of us retaining his services unfortunately:rolleyes:

Leishy1995
28-12-2012, 01:06 AM
Matt Doherty may not be the most liked on this website after that cup final...

But, on twitter he said to one Leigh Griffiths

"Back to wolves next week" - Leigh said "19th is when my loan is up"

"ok I see your not allowed to stay are you?" - Leigh said "Don't think so..."

What you all thinking?

Dinkydoo
28-12-2012, 01:24 AM
*****y conversation on twitter between two footballers who cannot directly talk about their contract situation. 🙀
Nothing more, nothing less.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2012, 04:16 AM
Tells us exactly nothing that we didnt know already.

scoopyboy
28-12-2012, 06:22 AM
Tells us exactly nothing that we didnt know already.

I didn't know it was the 19th, I reckon that means he can play in the Dundee game.

3pm
28-12-2012, 06:40 AM
How is Matt getting on at high flying Bury?

I can see why he had no intention of staying now...

HH81
28-12-2012, 06:42 AM

He has scored a few goals I think :-)

spike220
29-12-2012, 05:53 AM
He has scored a few goals I think :-)

For me Matt performance was the worst by far on and after the SC final. He played like he didint care and confirmed it in the post match interviews and lets not forget that tweet that was deleted a couple of hours after he posted it. Not good enough imho.

edinburghhibee
29-12-2012, 06:36 AM
For me Matt performance was the worst by far on and after the SC final. He played like he didint care and confirmed it in the post match interviews and lets not forget that tweet that was deleted a couple of hours after he posted it. Not good enough imho.

Lets not go over the top, in my opinion he was just as ***** as the rest of the team that day. In the lead up to the final however he was one of the stand out players... If that was possible from that team.

Yes he made an arse of himself to us after the final but let's be honest no more so than what he done to himself on the park. We might feel like twats about that result now, but believe me in years to come every one of they players will look back at that day and be embarrassed and disappointed that they missed their big chance to become a great piece of history in our club.

It's done lets move on.

Wotherspiniesta
29-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Pat Fenlon on Leigh: "He wants to stay"

Hopefully we can give the lad his wish :aok:

Pretty Boy
29-12-2012, 04:58 PM
If Leighs really wants to stay is it not up to us to offer him a pre contract on January 1st. If he signs that then it pretty much forces Wolves hand to let him go as they aren't going to play him and can't sell him to anyone else.

Seems the simplest way forward to me as it means we are dealing directly with Leigh and his agent, initially at least.

Scooter
29-12-2012, 05:05 PM
If Leighs really wants to stay is it not up to us to offer him a pre contract on January 1st. If he signs that then it pretty much forces Wolves hand to let him go as they aren't going to play him and can't sell him to anyone else.

Seems the simplest way forward to me as it means we are dealing directly with Leigh and his agent, initially at least.

i dont know how that would work. i believe Wolves have a 1 year option to extend his contract so they could just do that and that would take away the potential for a pre contract. or is that wrong

Pretty Boy
29-12-2012, 05:07 PM
i dont know how that would work. i believe Wolves have a 1 year option to extend his contract so they could just do that and that would take away the potential for a pre contract. or is that wrong

No idea, I wasn't aware of the 1 year option, I just thought his contract was up in the summer so he was free to talk to interested parties in January.

Would both club and player not have to agree to activate the year extension clause?

hibee_girl
29-12-2012, 06:04 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20864746

TheFamous1875
29-12-2012, 06:18 PM
They're saying we need big gates in order to do this, and we got that today. With the recent run of results, I was quite surprised to see we were just short of 17,000, surely the luck of it not being on tv and the big gate is a major factor in us getting our loanees full time?

Northernhibee
29-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Sadly it's 99% outwith our control.

Ozyhibby
29-12-2012, 06:22 PM
They're saying we need big gates in order to do this, and we got that today. With the recent run of results, I was quite surprised to see we were just short of 17,000, surely the luck of it not being on tv and the big gate is a major factor in us getting our loanees full time?

Remember there were a few free tickets on the go today.
Still think there is a case for away fans to have the south part of the west. Could have been a sell-out.

Iain G
29-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Still think there is a case for away fans to have the south part of the west. Could have been a sell-out.

Leigh said at the end of the Alba coverage he wants to stay and the clubs are talking...

HiBremian
29-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Leigh said at the end of the Alba coverage he wants to stay and the clubs are talking...

I caught that too. Sounded quite positive. But then he also mentioned the Dundee game as maybe his last.

Jim44
29-12-2012, 07:29 PM
I thought he looked a bit flat in the goal celebration today. Still I'd rather have that than a booking for going off the pitch or pulling the jersey off.

Jack Hackett
30-12-2012, 01:17 AM
No idea, I wasn't aware of the 1 year option, I just thought his contract was up in the summer so he was free to talk to interested parties in January.

Would both club and player not have to agree to activate the year extension clause?

I don't think so. The fact that it's there means that Leigh has agreed to it. Maybe this is what the talks are around. The manager doesn't want him back at Wolves, so extending his contract could see Hibs get him on loan again, and Wolves can sell him on for a better price in the summer when the market has more cash.

Pure wishful thinking on my part, but a possible scenario

cam75
30-12-2012, 01:33 AM
I thought he looked a bit flat in the goal celebration today. Still I'd rather have that than a booking for going off the pitch or pulling the jersey off.

Still early in the game,if that had been 90th minute sure it would have been bouncing?

basehibby
30-12-2012, 11:20 AM
The most important and positive thing is that Leigh clearly wants to stay at Hibs. Rod P will be aware of this and trying to use it as leverage to extract the best possible deal.

The tache's poker faced hard line negotiating skills are legendary - but he'd better pull this one off - I for one will be mighty upset if he doesn't as £150K is a snip for a quality player like Griffiths

Lucius Apuleius
30-12-2012, 11:26 AM
The most important and positive thing is that Leigh clearly wants to stay at Hibs. Rod P will be aware of this and trying to use it as leverage to extract the best possible deal.

The tache's poker faced hard line negotiating skills are legendary - but he'd better pull this one off - I for one will be mighty upset if he doesn't as £150K is a snip for a quality player like Griffiths

Is this 150,000 set in stone? Never seen it anywhere officially.

HH81
30-12-2012, 11:26 AM
I understand Rotherham are to make a 200k bid for him, anyone heard this?

Jpdhfc
30-12-2012, 11:32 AM

They can offer whatever they want if lee doesn't sine it's status quo

HiBremian
30-12-2012, 11:37 AM

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/RotherhamUnited.php

They cannae even spell his name, though :na na:

cocopops1875
30-12-2012, 11:40 AM

Its a snip "if we have it" :wink:

Brightside
30-12-2012, 12:08 PM

No thanks. They get an end and thats it.

basehibby
30-12-2012, 12:11 PM

It's a snip regardless - a bargain's still a bargain even if you pay for it on your credit card.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2012, 12:12 PM

Its Griffiths that needs a snip. :wink:

HH81
30-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Its Griffiths that needs a snip. :wink:

Ha ha without doubt :-)

cocopops1875
30-12-2012, 12:15 PM
It's a snip regardless - a bargain's still a bargain even if you pay for it on your credit card.

Do we have a credit card ? Plenty Bargains in the january sales i cant afford :agree: Think of it like a sports car i might be able to afford to buy it taking finance and pay the payments, But what about the running costs ?

HH81
30-12-2012, 12:31 PM
http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=450&fid=215&sty=2&act=1&mid=2113544994

Had a look on their message board. Not heard from this source but looks like it was on radio sheffield yesterday.

Hibs07p
30-12-2012, 07:00 PM
This was in the Scotsman yesterday, don't know if anyone has read it, but it is no clearer regarding anyone's intentions on this issue, although Solbakken sort of hints that he might not be back at Wolves.

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/solbakken-no-decision-on-griffiths-1-2711114

Solbakken: No decision on Griffiths

Published on Saturday 29 December 2012 04:45

HIBERNIAN’S bid to extend the loan spell of Scotland international striker Leigh Griffiths from Wolverhampton Wanderers has taken another twist.

In yesterday’s Scotsman, we reported that Easter Road manager Pat Fenlon had admitted he was no nearer to signing the player and that Griffiths himself had answered “Don’t think so” when asked by a team-mate on Twitter whether he expected to stay at Hibs.

Griffiths, right, who has scored 13 goals since moving to Easter Road in August, will come to the end of his loan on 19 January, but last night Wolves manager Stale Solbakken insisted that “nothing” has been decided on where Griffiths will play his football next month.

Solbakken said: “All this will be sorted in the first week in January. I have been told that he has tweeted he thinks he will be coming back.

“It is a dangerous thing in football, Twitter. That is just something he has taken out of the air because that is nothing we have decided at all.

“We are in dialogue about how we want to do things with the squad [at Wolves]. He is a Wolverhampton player and so we will see what happens.”

Baldy Foghorn
30-12-2012, 07:16 PM
This was in the Scotsman yesterday, don't know if anyone has read it, but it is no clearer regarding anyone's intentions on this issue, although Solbakken sort of hints that he might not be back at Wolves.

http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/solbakken-no-decision-on-griffiths-1-2711114

HIBERNIAN’S bid to extend the loan spell of Scotland international striker Leigh Griffiths from Wolverhampton Wanderers has taken another twist.

In yesterday’s Scotsman, we reported that Easter Road manager Pat Fenlon had admitted he was no nearer to signing the player and that Griffiths himself had answered “Don’t think so” when asked by a team-mate on Twitter whether he expected to stay at Hibs.

Griffiths, right, who has scored 13 goals since moving to Easter Road in August, will come to the end of his loan on 19 January, but last night Wolves manager Stale Solbakken insisted that “nothing” has been decided on where Griffiths will play his football next month.

Solbakken said: “All this will be sorted in the first week in January. I have been told that he has tweeted he thinks he will be coming back.

“It is a dangerous thing in football, Twitter. That is just something he has taken out of the air because that is nothing we have decided at all.

“We are in dialogue about how we want to do things with the squad [at Wolves]. He is a Wolverhampton player and so we will see what happens.”

Fair to say Solbakken is not Leigh's biggest fan.....

3pm
30-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Fair to say Solbakken is not Leigh's biggest fan.....

Won't matter to Leigh...he'll be out a job soon. I hope we get him signed him up before he's emptied.

Mr White
30-12-2012, 07:33 PM
That's a poor comment from wolves manager- sparky is well within his rights to say he expects to be returning at the end of his loan, anything else would be disrespectful to his employers.

glenn6270
30-12-2012, 09:11 PM
norwich

...WentToMowAnSPL
30-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Source ???

Mikey
30-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Source ???

This thread!

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2012, 09:24 PM

.”

Call me an auld fuddy-duddy, but explain that bit to me. Why would a team-mate Tweet such a thing? Would he not just ask him at training?

Or is this "media-management"?

hibee_girl
30-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Call me an auld fuddy-duddy, but explain that bit to me. Why would a team-mate Tweet such a thing? Would he not just ask him at training?

It was Matt Doherty that asked him, a Wolves team mate

Cool_Hand_Luke
30-12-2012, 09:33 PM

Think it was a wolves team mate - Doherty - so wouldn't have been training with him.

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Think it was a wolves team mate - Doherty - so wouldn't have been training with him.

Okay.

So why not text him? Or phone him? Something not in the public domain.

I know I'll be missing something. :greengrin

...WentToMowAnSPL
30-12-2012, 09:36 PM
... Think the team mate was another wolves player on loan at another club. ..

Cool_Hand_Luke
30-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Okay.

It's what the young ones use these days :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Okay.

Its the way of the world these days for the kids, something we oldies will never understand? :wink:

silverhibee
30-12-2012, 09:59 PM
Its the way of the world these days for the kids, something we oldies will never understand? :wink:

Nice to meet you yesterday G. :thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Nice to meet you yesterday G. :thumbsup:

And you pal, and a great result into the bargain. :thumbsup:

ballengeich
30-12-2012, 10:08 PM

We understand all too well. By the time they do it will be too late for them as everything will be stored and retrievable. OMG (as I believe a young person would tweet).

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2012, 10:10 PM
We understand all too well. By the time they do it will be too late for them as everything will be stored and retrievable. OMG (as I believe a young person would tweet).

I understand that a Twitter is half way between a Tw*t and a *****ter.

ballengeich
30-12-2012, 10:14 PM
I understand that a Twitter is half way between a Tw*t and a *****ter.

That's a rather small physical area.

CropleyWasGod
30-12-2012, 10:16 PM
That's a rather small physical area.

Metaphysically, though, it's dark, scary and smelly.... a bit like the land of Twit.

1875STEVE
30-12-2012, 10:51 PM

Must be some side Tom Soares plays for them aswell. :rolleyes:

silverhibee
31-12-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/football/hibs/leigh-griffiths-urges-hibs-and-wolves-to-sort-out-his-future-1-2713106

HibeeN
31-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Promising sounds from Leigh, fingers crossed that the clubs can work something out. It will probably help him knowing that he is settled, must be playing on his mind not knowing where he is going to be in the next few weeks.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Hopefully we can strike a deal until the end of the season at least and then the summer will take care of itself.

Leighs wanting to stay is hugely important but It's Wolves whom we really need to play ball.

spike220
31-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Posted on the Scotsman comments section:

"I have it on very good authority that Sir Tom has dipped into his loose change and we're just awaiting the Wolves Board to accept once they see if any other offers are on the table, as is their prerogative. This will not be sorted until the end of the transfer window, so the ball is now fully in Molineux's court.

Keep the faith by fellow Hibees... GGTTH"

Someone in the know or a wind up merchant???

tamig
31-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Promising sounds from Leigh, fingers crossed that the clubs can work something out. It will probably help him knowing that he is settled, must be playing on his mind not knowing where he is going to be in the next few weeks.

I wonder if he does move back south if all his families will move down too. That would cost him a packet in accommodation - unless they all live under the one big roof.

Hibbyradge
31-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Posted on the Scotsman comments section:

"I have it on very good authority that Sir Tom has dipped into his loose change and we're just awaiting the Wolves Board to accept once they see if any other offers are on the table, as is their prerogative. This will not be sorted until the end of the transfer window, so the ball is now fully in Molineux's court.

Keep the faith by fellow Hibees... GGTTH"

Someone in the know or a wind up merchant???

Wolves can wait for all the offers they want, but they can't force Leigh to go anywhere.

All they can do is take him back to complete his contract.

ahibby
31-12-2012, 12:32 PM
His interview on Alba sounded to me as though he was fairly confident he could stay at Hibs. Of course nothing is certain until the deal is done, but I wasn't disappointed after listening to his interview.

HibeeN
31-12-2012, 12:36 PM
I wonder if he does move back south if all his families will move down too. That would cost him a packet in accommodation - unless they all live under the one big roof.

I think I remember reading somewhere that he tried living all together once already when he was at Wolves and it didn't work out. If he has three kids in Scotland already (and another due in the summer) he might be more keen to stay here.

adhibs
31-12-2012, 12:43 PM
i think we'll struggle to keep him but rotherhams a strange one. no danger he'l sign for a league 2 or even a eague 1 club

Franck Stanton
31-12-2012, 12:47 PM
i think we'll struggle to keep him but rotherams a strange one. no danger he'l for a league 2 or even league 1 club

Hope you are right, personally I think if they are willing to pay him enough, he will sign for them. All about the cash I'm afraid.

Hibbyradge
31-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Hope you are right, personally I think if they are willing to pay him enough, he will sign for them. All about the cash I'm afraid.

I'm not so sure. There are a few factors in our favour.

Wolves can't force him to go anywhere.

He says he wants to stay with Hibs.

Rotherham have an average gate of less than 8000 so I doubt they can tempt him with huge wages.

silverhibee
31-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Can't see him being allowed out on loan again, Wolves will want to recoup some of the money they paid for him, if Hibs want him i think they will have to pay a fee for him in January.

Bostonhibby
31-12-2012, 06:21 PM
i think we'll struggle to keep him but rotherhams a strange one. no danger he'l sign for a league 2 or even a eague 1 club

I've been to Rotherham a couple of times with work and even if they paid me LG's weekly wage I wouldn't go back unless I had to, if Leigh leaves us he will do it for better offers all round than this one!

GordonHFC
31-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Don't Rotherham play in Sheffield?

HH81
31-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Don't Rotherham play in Sheffield?

Not since they built their new ground. Used to play at Don Valley in sheffield last season.

spike220
01-01-2013, 05:44 AM
Not since they built their new ground. Used to play at Don Valley in sheffield last season.

looking at the conversations on this thread it is safe to assume that nobody knows anything about Sparky or his movemnets.

But dont let that spoil what is shaping up to be interesting thread.:greengrin

Tynie01011973
01-01-2013, 11:51 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8375074/

Griffiths has told Wolves he wants to stay with us and wants deal done ASAP

:thumbsup:

Callum_62
01-01-2013, 12:56 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8375074/

Griffiths has told Wolves he wants to stay with us and wants deal done ASAP

:thumbsup:

Nothing earth shattering in there....hope we can sort something out - $150K does seem like a good investment though

Northernhibee
01-01-2013, 01:00 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8375074/Griffiths has told Wolves he wants to stay with us and wants deal done ASAP:thumbsup:100% Hibs class through and through. Still counts on Wolves doing a deal with us, but the lad is doing whatever he can.

essexhibee
01-01-2013, 01:49 PM
If the lad signs on at the club he will go on to be a legend. :aok:

HiBremian
01-01-2013, 02:02 PM
If the lad signs on at the club he will go on to be a legend. :aok:

:agree: Another year or two and he'll get his big transfer as well - cake and eat it.

GreenOnions
01-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Money is clearly tight but Rod Petrie has shown a willingness in the past to invest a transfer fee if there is a reasonable chance of a profit on re-sale. I'm not sure how long a contract Leigh is prepared to sign though. If it's only for a very short time then minimal chance of a sell-on profit and some chance of a loss.

Northernhibee
01-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Thing is, if Sparky wants to be remembered as a Hibs legend then he needs to sign a permanent deal with us. Hibee or not, so far he's been a Wolves player on loan to Hibs as opposed to an all out Hibernian player.

Sign on the dotted line, you know it makes sense son :wink::flag::not worth

KeithTheHibby
01-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Anyone have any idea what his weekly wage is a the moment?

Scouse Hibee
01-01-2013, 10:09 PM

Was told on Saturday by someone who claims "he's in the know" that he's on 9K a week with Wolves paying 8K of it, I don't believe it for one minute.

silverhibee
01-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Was told on Saturday by someone who claims "he's in the know" that he's on 9K a week with Wolves paying 8K of it, I don't believe it for one minute.

And you are right not to believe it, no where near 9kp/w. :aok:

CallumLaidlaw
01-01-2013, 10:22 PM
He would have been on less than a grand a week at Dundee so surely he would be on £5k a week tops at Wolves

Forza Fred
01-01-2013, 11:08 PM
Money is clearly tight but Rod Petrie has shown a willingness in the past to invest a transfer fee if there is a reasonable chance of a profit on re-sale. I'm not sure how long a contract Leigh is prepared to sign though. If it's only for a very short time then minimal chance of a sell-on profit and some chance of a loss.

For 150k, if reported correctly, then it would indeed be a very good investmenet, albeit a temporary one, and keep faith with the fans at the moment.

Not to mention that without Sparky's goals, we would be in a bit of a precarious position.

While the rest of our squad may be pretty predictable in the way they play, Sparky is the only one who provides that unquantifiable 'X"factor, and can win a game on his own.

jonny
02-01-2013, 12:55 AM

I don't profess to have any idea of what wages Leigh is on but in this case (for a change) I don't think wages is going to be a stumbling block. Leigh will have a fair idea of what Hibs can offer having been here for so long, and he has come out publicly in the last couple of days saying he wants to come here permanently. I think if he thought he wasn't going to get enough money he'd be keeping his cards a bit closer to his chest.
I'm cautiously optimistic that a deal will be done before his loan runs out to keep him at Hibs.

MontrealHibs
02-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Agree. I would expect a good case exists to make him the top earner in terms of performance in the here and now and potential value in future.

I think he will sign tomorrow... Until 2015 :-)

SteveHFC
02-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Agree. I would expect a good case exists to make him the top earner in terms of performance in the here and now and potential value in future.

I think he will sign tomorrow... Until 2015 :-)

You heard something by any chance ;-)

GreenOnions
02-01-2013, 10:36 PM
For 150k, if reported correctly, then it would indeed be a very good investmenet, albeit a temporary one, and keep faith with the fans at the moment.

Not to mention that without Sparky's goals, we would be in a bit of a precarious position.

While the rest of our squad may be pretty predictable in the way they play, Sparky is the only one who provides that unquantifiable 'X"factor, and can win a game on his own.

You don't have to convince me FF!

I'm just thinking tho that if Leigh only wants to sign for us until the end of the season for example I can see a problem with spending £150k as no selling on fee. Petrie has to consider whether any worstcase scenario would be a significant financial risk to the club. Any player could sign one minute and then be out injured for six months.

The contract Leigh is prepared to sign would have to be at least 18 months IMHO - although ideally much longer of course.

Baldy Foghorn
03-01-2013, 10:15 PM
What do we make of Sparky's behaviour after full time?? Is he away or just teasing us:wink:

Mikey
03-01-2013, 10:20 PM
What do we make of Sparky's behaviour after full time?? Is he away or just teasing us:wink:

He's still got one home game to play before he goes back so I don't see it as a "cheerio" at all.

I'm_cabbaged
03-01-2013, 10:22 PM
He's still got one home game to play before he goes back so I don't see it as a "cheerio" at all.

Unless someone else has signed him :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
03-01-2013, 10:23 PM

Knew he was available for Dundee home game, just didn't know what to make of him after the match....What was the message on his t-shirt?

...WentToMowAnSPL
03-01-2013, 10:23 PM
I think we all don't know until the transfer window slams shut... With stupid money in English footie and with wolves under pressure unless Hibs have a buy out figure that we have met we just have to wait ...

VickMackie
03-01-2013, 10:24 PM
I'd be surprised if he wants to stay because he bass only been getting to touch the ball about 3 times a game recently.

lucky
03-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Hopefully the roofing company will sponsor his wages and he'll stay

Mikey
03-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Knew he was available for Dundee home game, just didn't know what to make of him after the match....What was the message on his t-shirt?

It was a Hibs t-shirt and said "No.1" on it.

Baldy Foghorn
03-01-2013, 10:27 PM
It was a Hibs t-shirt and said "No.1" on it.

Cheers Mikey, my mince pies are not too great, especially as I was near the back of Stand.....

FromTheCapital
03-01-2013, 11:14 PM
I think by Sparky's reaction to the Hibs fans at the end might mean that he's leaving... Hope not!
He's one of our own!

:giruy:

Heisenberg
03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
I think by Sparky's reaction to the Hibs fans at the end might mean that he's leaving... Hope not!
He's one of our own!

:giruy:

He's still got a game left does he not? Im pretty sure he always does that to the hibs fans after most games too! Kissing his thumbs was class, just wish he could've done it after banging in a winning goal :not worth

Boyle89
03-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Thats the impression I got :boo hoo:. Hope something gets sorted out during this 'winter break'. C'mon sparky please stay!:flag:

FromTheCapital
03-01-2013, 11:21 PM
He's still got a game left does he not? Im pretty sure he always does that to the hibs fans after most games too! Kissing his thumbs was class, just wish he could've done it after banging in a winning goal :not worth
I'm not sure how long the winter break lasts but totally agree, kissing his thumb was amazing and he was unlucky not to score after Doyle's shot!

silverhibee
03-01-2013, 11:23 PM

Not if someone else signs him.

Sir David Gray
03-01-2013, 11:25 PM

As things stand, his loan deal ends on January 21st so he'll still be available for our next match at home to Dundee on January 19th.

Heisenberg
03-01-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm not sure how long the winter break lasts but totally agree, kissing his thumb was amazing and he was unlucky not to score after Doyle's shot!

Aye, he says here in here his last game is Dundee at home; http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hibs-star-leigh-griffiths-i-want-1512964

Really hope we get him signed up, having a consistent goalscorer is really needed this season as every team is pretty equal, Griffiths could be the difference between top six and bottom six.

Heisenberg
03-01-2013, 11:27 PM
Not if someone else signs him.

Now that would be a kick in the baws! Pat would need to unearth a gem in order to replace him! For all that Doyle has been good this season I cant see him scoring the goals that Griffiths has.

Ultrabee1-0
04-01-2013, 04:42 AM
Need the boy to stay I think he wants to stay here from what iv been hearing around the ground and other hibs on facebook! Just we can't afford the wages which is brutal! He's a different player to what we have see in a while and give the lad the time and more games he will be break the 1 mill barrier so we just need to get a good sell on Clause and a decent amount of money and then it's down the the wages we could try and free up by re-leasing players or selling in this month it can be done but would probably get hardly any more transfer action!!

bigwheel
04-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Apologies, but not seen this on another thread....So, was that Griffiths saying goodbye to the fans after the match ended last night???

Piqué
04-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Do Wolves have the option to recall him as part of the loan deal? If not then he will stay with us until the Dundee game whether he is signed by someone else or not.

Peevemor
04-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Apologies, but not seen this on another thread....So, was that Griffiths saying goodbye to the fans after the match ended last night???

I didn't take it as that. Apart from the teeshirt thing, he seemed to applaud the supporters as he usually does.

HibeeN
04-01-2013, 11:59 AM
I was worrying about it at the time, but it would seem odd seeing as there is still the Dundee game left.

Hibercelona
04-01-2013, 12:01 PM
I hope not.

They all seemed to be waving at the fans. :greengrin

carnoustiehibee
04-01-2013, 12:04 PM
Found it more strange that he took his strip top off, then threw a top into the crowd and still had that NO1 top on aswell.

Jim44
04-01-2013, 01:01 PM
I think I heard or read that Fenlon was going to sit down with Griffiths in the next few days to 'talk things over'. This suggests that Wolves and the £150k fee are not the hurdle to overcome but rather his wages and conditions. He says he wants to stay but presumably only on his terms. Petrie won't break any wage 'rules' ( wrongly, IMHO, in this particular case and time as a great bit of business opportunity is staring him in the face) and it would appear that the only way of keeping him is to come to some sort of compromise. I see this case as a Skacel type situation, with both club and player desperate to reach agreement but the player unwilling to compromise and the club unable to compromise.

007 Mickey Weir
04-01-2013, 01:07 PM
From what I read into the clubs have a greed terms. Either a nominal fee or sell on %. Now it's up to Sparky and The Tache to work out personal terms. But they can't be far away from each other. Might end up with a Stokes type deal that works for both parties.

Unlike Hearts and Skacel, we can afford him.

Judas Iscariot
04-01-2013, 01:14 PM
I think LG is playing this quite clever, he can say quite truthfully "I want to stay here!" which I do believe...

But he will most likely only "Want to stay here!" if the money we're offering is what he's happy with..

Bristolhibby
04-01-2013, 01:30 PM
I think LG is playing this quite clever, he can say quite truthfully "I want to stay here!" which I do believe...

But he will most likely only "Want to stay here!" if the money we're offering is what he's happy with..

After all, he will soon have 4 kids to support. Needs to think about his large family.

J

East Coast Hibe
04-01-2013, 02:11 PM

... and why not ? He could easily earn 3 or 4 times what Hibs will be able to offer in the championship.

I enjoy where I work, but you would not see me for dust if someone offered to quadruple my salary !!

darrenmcintosh2
04-01-2013, 02:22 PM
The boy has 3 kids and another on the way. He needs too be picky about the wage situation. And I don't see the tache. Paying his wage. I thought the NO1 top just had the roofing company saying they were NO1.

Who would we need to replace LG. that's the question

Jim44
04-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Who would we need to replace LG. that's the question

At the wage Griffiths is on just now, and certainly the proportion of it that Hibs actually pay, he is irreplaceable. That's why I think that Petrie has to review his principles in this case.

Judas Iscariot
04-01-2013, 03:42 PM
... and why not ? He could easily earn 3 or 4 times what Hibs will be able to offer in the championship.

I enjoy where I work, but you would not see me for dust if someone offered to quadruple my salary !!

He's quite right! Would never hold that against a player...

Their next game could always be their last

Moon unit
04-01-2013, 03:53 PM
[QUOTE=HibeesStyle;3463668]I think by Sparky's reaction to the Hibs fans at the end might mean that he's leaving... Hope not!
He's one of our own!

:giruy:[/Q

One sure fire way of getting the Hibs support behind the Tache is for him to pull out all the stops and get Leigh signed...NOW!!!

Jpdhfc
04-01-2013, 06:25 PM

No acts like this after most away games

stoneyburn hibs
04-01-2013, 07:18 PM
[QUOTE=HibeesStyle;3463668]I think by Sparky's reaction to the Hibs fans at the end might mean that he's leaving... Hope not!
He's one of our own

:giruy:[/Q

One sure fire way of getting the Hibs support behind the Tache is for him to pull out all the stops and get Leigh signed...NOW!!!

The Hibs support is behind the tache , He's one of our own !

Part/Time Supporter
05-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Wolves beaten by non-league Luton in the FA Cup. Solbakken will probably get the sack now.

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Wolves beaten by non-league Luton in the FA Cup. Solbakken will probably get the sack now.

:agree: Just posted similar on another thread, not a great result imo?

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-01-2013, 04:09 PM
If the Wolves manager is asked to take the long walk, the next manager in would want to have a look at all the players at his disposal.

silverhibee
05-01-2013, 04:11 PM
:agree: Just posted similar on another thread, not a great result imo?

Could be sacked in the morning or even tonight, new manager comes in and takes Sparky back to Wolves.

He's not irish anyway. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
05-01-2013, 04:17 PM

Could be sacked in the morning or even tonight, new manager comes in and takes Sparky back to Wolves.

He's not irish anyway. :greengrin

:agree: Every cloud and all that SH. :wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-01-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm down in Birmingham, just got a taxi back from the Villa game and the local radio was jammed with Wolves fans calling in going mad!! Saying the current situation is the worst for 30 yrs and they want him sacked ASAP!! Could be bad news for us I fear

ekhibee
05-01-2013, 04:41 PM
on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on................................................ .......that's how long it would appear Hibs have been negotiating with Wolves. They've known what the situation with Griffiths is for some time now. I can't really see what the problem is, either get him on a pre-contract or fork out the £150k. If that's not possible it would be really nice of them to tell us. Oops, forgot, half-season tickets to sell so they won't say a thing. As usual.And anyway, if the current Wolves manager gets sacked soon, as appears likely, the new guy will almost certainly try to keep him. Hibs will probably still be 'negotiating' when Griffiths has moved on to yet another club anyway.

LeighLoyal
05-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Just pay the £150k now FFS. Three year contract at least.

J-C
05-01-2013, 04:53 PM
TBH Wolves looking more destined for div1, don't think Sparky will want to be plying his trade down there, another good season with us and a move to a far bigger club than Wolves.

greenginger
05-01-2013, 05:05 PM
I saw on Sky Sports news this morning that Wolves had resigned 2 forwards this morning. Had'nt heard of either of them so I guess they are back-up a bit like Griffith would be so hopefully no room for Lee down there even if a new manager appointed.

tamig
05-01-2013, 05:10 PM
on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on................................................ .......that's how long it would appear Hibs have been negotiating with Wolves. They've known what the situation with Griffiths is for some time now. I can't really see what the problem is, either get him on a pre-contract or fork out the £150k. If that's not possible it would be really nice of them to tell us. Oops, forgot, half-season tickets to sell so they won't say a thing. As usual.And anyway, if the current Wolves manager gets sacked soon, as appears likely, the new guy will almost certainly try to keep him. Hibs will probably still be 'negotiating' when Griffiths has moved on to yet another club anyway.

im sure wolves have an option to extend the contract so i dont think its as simple as paying cash or signing him on a pre-contract.

jdships
05-01-2013, 05:14 PM

Can we take it that you have been sitting in on all the meetings re the negotiations ?
You appear to have a deal of first hand knowledge on what is or isn't happening /going to happen :greengrin:wink:
If not , just sit back like the rest of us and let RP et al do their best to resolve the situation :rolleyes:

Gerard
05-01-2013, 05:15 PM
Can we take it that you have been sitting in on the meetings re the negotiations ?
You appear to have a deal of first hand knowledge on what is or isn't happening /going to happen :greengrin:wink:
If not , just sit back like the rest of us and let RP et al do their best to resolve the situation :rolleyes:

The situtaion with Sparky will get resolved soon. I hope that a way can be found that allows Hibs to keep him. In Rod we trust.

stoneyburn hibs
05-01-2013, 05:15 PM

Bit harsh, I believe that Rod will try his best in trying to get Sparky.

jdships
05-01-2013, 05:17 PM
The situtaion with Sparky will get resolved soon. I hope that a way can be found that allows Hibs to keep him. In Rod we trust.

:agree::thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
05-01-2013, 06:34 PM

Is the £150K figure now another FACT?

bingo70
05-01-2013, 07:38 PM
Wolves manager sacked. Might not mean anything but could potentially put a spanner in any deal.

Apart from anything despite what Griffiths is saying he might want to give it another go down south with a different manager there.

Leishy1995
05-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Wolves manager sacked... A new manager might have paid attention to the SPL.

bingo70
05-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Wolves manager sacked... A new manager might have paid attention to the SPL.

If I was Leigh I'd think twice before committing to hibs, in terms of his career it'd make sense for him to wait and see who the new manager is

LewisHFC
05-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Harder to get Sparky now then?

ScottB
05-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Any new manager there will be under pressure from the off to get winning games, I don't think an untested SPL striker will be the sort of player the new man would want to be relying on unless he'd worked with him before. So basically unless Wolves poach Pat Fenlon I can't see him having any future at Wolves other than them trying to get a fee for him.

down-the-slope
05-01-2013, 07:57 PM
:rolleyes:

LancashireHibby
05-01-2013, 07:58 PM
They'll probably have another manager sacked by the time anything is sorted.

iwasthere1972
05-01-2013, 08:00 PM
They shouldn't have been so quick to sack Mick McCarthy and replace him with a number 2. We all know a number 2 who hasn't done well as a manager.

hfc rd
05-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Going to be difficult to get Griffiths signed now.

hfc rd
05-01-2013, 08:09 PM
If I was Leigh I'd think twice before committing to hibs, in terms of his career it'd make sense for him to wait and see who the new manager is

Agree. He might get a proper chance.

Irish_Steve
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
What`s the score with Sparky being able to sign a pre-contract - I think I also read that Wolves had an option to extend his contract - anyone know any better than me (not hard that lol)

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2013, 08:11 PM
They shouldn't have been so quick to sack Mick McCarthy and replace him with a number 2. We all know a number 2 who hasn't done well as a manager.

EH? Solbakken has been a succesful manager in his own right,or are you referring to his predecessor Terry Connor

Mikey
05-01-2013, 08:12 PM
:panic:

HibeeHutch
05-01-2013, 08:18 PM
The last time I heard Pat Fenlon speak about this he basically said that it was now out of his hands and he was leaving it up to Petrie and Wolves' chair / board. So, not sure if his departure makes a whole lot of difference to the final decision, which may already have been made anyway.

Jim44
05-01-2013, 08:25 PM
The last time I heard Pat Fenlon speak about this he basically said that it was now out of his hands and he was leaving it up to Petrie and Wolves' chair / board. So, not sure if his departure makes a whole lot of difference to the final decision, which may already have been made anyway.

If the decision had been to take Griffiths back, the sacking of the manager might give us another bite of the cherry. By the same token, if they were letting Griffiths stay with us, the new guy might insist on him returning.

iwasthere1972
05-01-2013, 08:30 PM
EH? Solbakken has been a succesful manager in his own right,or are you referring to his predecessor Terry Connor

:agree: Sorry. Didn't make it clear that I was referring to Terry Connor.

Part/Time Supporter
05-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Pat Murphy (BBC guy in West Midlands) saying Solbakken is out and Dean Saunders (Doncaster) is in.

New Wolves manager set to be Dean Saunders of Doncaster. Compensation issues being discussed tonight. Believe Solbakken was toast whatever happened at Luton. Never found the dressing-room to lose. Why Sean O'Driscoll never got the gig amazes. Mind you, he never played for Liverpool

The last bit is a reference to the fact the Wolves owner (Steve Morgan) is a lifelong Liverpool fan and tried to buy Liverpool when the first set of Americans got control. Saunders played for Liverpool in the early 90s (Souness period as manager). He doesn't have much history of signing Scottish players, unlike some other possible candidates.

HibbyDave
05-01-2013, 08:51 PM
No real difference to the situation. Petrie should have INVESTED £150,000 to secure sparky. It's that simple......he didn't!

If/when we finish lower in the league due to the loss of sparky (and his goals) what will be asked of the board?

silverhibee
05-01-2013, 08:56 PM
No real difference to the situation. Petrie should have INVESTED £150,000 to secure sparky. It's that simple......he didn't!

If/when we finish lower in the league due to the loss of sparky (and his goals) what will be asked of the board?

No player is bigger than the club.

3pm
05-01-2013, 08:58 PM
No player is bigger than the club.

Kuqi might be.

jodjam
05-01-2013, 08:58 PM

Just stumping up 150k may not even get Leigh. There are other factors involved in a transfer

CropleyWasGod
05-01-2013, 08:59 PM

I would ask them "how much did he ask for in wages?". :rolleyes:

Ultrabee1-0
05-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Mark huges could mabey get it! Couldn't see him being interested in him!

SteveHFC
05-01-2013, 09:03 PM
No real difference to the situation. Petrie should have INVESTED £150,000 to secure sparky

http://w3ha.com/images/the-rock-clapping-gif-i12.gif

Part/Time Supporter
05-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Daily Mail also reporting that Saunders is their target. Again, the Liverpool angle is emphasised.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2257755/Dean-Saunders-lined-Wolves-manager-Stale-Solbakken-sacked.html

Dean Saunders is the man Wolves want to replace Stale Solbakken. Doncaster Rovers will be approached by Molineux owner Steve Morgan in the next 24 hours for permission to speak to the former Wales international. Saunders has been recommended to Morgan via his connections in Liverpool. The multi-millionaire, who counts luxury hotel Carden Park among his business interests, is believed to have already sounded out contacts at Wrexham as he started due diligence into the ex-Wales assistant boss.

Saunders, 48, was in charge of Doncaster when they were relegated from the Championship last season. However, he has maintained steady progress following the club's demotion and they are among the frontrunners for promotion from League One. Saunders has no prior connection with Wolves but will jump at the chance of a move to Molineux. However, he will inherit a dressing-room that appears to be fractious, although it is believed he will be given financial backing by Morgan during this month's transfer window.

Solbakken's eight-month tenure came to an end this evening when he was informed his services were no longer required after Wolves crashed out of the FA Cup. Their defeat by Luton Town was the final straw following a series of incidents which have suggested all is not well at Molineux. Paint was tipped over Solbakken's car last month and he openly admitted having fierce discussions with Wolves' players in the dressing-room following a series of defeats both before and after Christmas.

A club statement read: "Wolves have announced Stale Solbakken has left the club with immediate effect. The club has also terminated the contracts of Johan Lange, assistant manager and Patrick Weiser, first-team coach."

Kevin Thelwell, head of football development and recruitment, will take charge of first-team training until Saunders is appointed.

Iggy Pope
05-01-2013, 09:06 PM
I would ask them "how much did he ask for in wages?". :rolleyes:

I would ask - is this forum predominantly about football or is it now about money?

CropleyWasGod
05-01-2013, 09:08 PM
I would ask - is this forum predominantly about football or is it now about money?

The Board have no input into this forum. Thankfully. :greengrin

My point is.... even if we do "stump up" £150k, there is no guarantee that Leigh will sign. His wages may be beyond us.

Part/Time Supporter
05-01-2013, 09:09 PM

Football has been about money since it was professionalised in the 1890s.

matty_f
05-01-2013, 09:12 PM

I love how everyone thinks it's a banker that paying £150k for Leigh is an investment. Didn't Wolves pay £150k for him? 2 years and not a ball kicked for them later, and they're hoping to get...um.... £150k.

Hardly one to stick your mortgage on now, is it? :greengrin

(FWIW, I do think we would make money on any deal and more importantly, we'd benefit from having Leigh in the team - I'm just pointing out that it's a bit previous to be painting him as some sort of licence to print money.)

Iggy Pope
05-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Football has been about money since it was professionalised in the 1890s.

Oh, God.

Iggy Pope
05-01-2013, 09:19 PM
The Board have no input into this forum. Thankfully. :greengrin

My point is.... even if we do "stump up" £150k, there is no guarantee that Leigh will sign. His wages may be beyond us.

From a football point of view, keeping your top scorer is what it's all about. None of them play for nothing, nor have they ever. Ask yer avatar. I am certain (100%) he will concur.

:greengrin

down-the-slope
05-01-2013, 09:20 PM

How many walk up / 1/2 ST's were we short of doing a deal :dunno:

HH81
05-01-2013, 09:27 PM
I think the sacking paves the way for loan deal to be extended till end season.

Scouse Hibee
05-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Agents rule!

silverhibee
05-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I think the sacking paves the way for loan deal to be extended till end season.

No chance, Wolves will want to cash in if he has no future under the new manager.