PDA

View Full Version : Hibs vs St Mirren (Highlights Available)

eebsie
03-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Are there any on tinterweb?

Sir David Gray
03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Think they'll be on the BBC website by tomorrow night.

Hibercelona
03-11-2012, 11:40 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/kyxAson1rpugcH3vdDs

Spike Mandela
03-11-2012, 11:50 PM

Why haven't they shown the disallowed goal?:confused:

Hibercelona
03-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Why haven't they shown the disallowed goal?:confused:

Not sure mate.

Perhaps they'll show it in the BBC highlights.

I'm_cabbaged
04-11-2012, 06:30 AM
Not sure mate.

Absolutely no chance, we're lucky that the bassas show our goals!

SouthMoroccoStu
04-11-2012, 06:38 AM
Absolutely no chance, we're lucky that the bassas show our goals!

This

No idea why our highlights on the BBC are so poor

We never get the offside goals or the big controversial moments that are discussed on here.

I wonder if other clubs feel the same?

hibsbollah
04-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Goodwin should have gone for the first tackle.

grunt
04-11-2012, 07:24 AM
The crowd sounds really good in those highlights.

greenlex
04-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Not sure mate.

I reckon that is the BBC highlights.:flag:for what its worth I thought he was offside

HibeeEmma
04-11-2012, 08:05 AM
Does anyone have youtube highlights?

These highlights cut out for me after the 1st minute

twiceinathens
04-11-2012, 08:36 AM
I reckon that is the BBC highlights.:flag:for what its worth I thought he was offside

He was:boo hoo:

brog
04-11-2012, 09:14 AM

Many thanks for this!

Golden Bear
04-11-2012, 09:18 AM
I wonder which St Mirren player will be a studio guest on tonight's show? My money is on Jim Goodwin.

It's now the norm for Sportscene to have a guest pundit who featured in the previous day's game against Hibs.

I'm_cabbaged
04-11-2012, 09:25 AM
I wonder which St Mirren player will be a studio guest on tonight's show? My money is on Jim Goodwin.

It's now the norm for Sportscene to have a guest pundit who featured in the previous day's game against Hibs.

I'll bet Thompson

Keith_M
04-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Just watched those (thanks for the link) and Goodwin really should have gone in the first half. That was a straight red, not a yellow.

I can't believe that's his first ever red card?!

On another note, all three goals were class. St Mirren's was a cracker.

Pretty Boy
04-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Goodwin should have gone for the first tackle.

Thought that as well. Shocking challenge.

He's a good player but he's a liability with his lack of discipline.

tbfhibs
04-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Me too

Future17
04-11-2012, 10:34 AM
I agree that Goodwin should have walked for the first tackle, but that was never a second yellow. Would have been raging had it been a Hibs player.

hibsbollah
04-11-2012, 10:36 AM
I'll bet Thompson

:agree: Hes been on the 'show' before. And he has the requisite west coast centric, just-been-kicked-in-the-head-by-a-horse intelligent chat.

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2012, 10:52 AM
goodwin could easily have got a straight red for that tackle on McGivern :agree: could have broke the boys leg, highlights also didn't show the great chance st.mirren had right at the end with the boy unmarked on the left of the box and just williams to beat, fluffed it wayyyyy wide :)

HoboHarry
04-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Does anyone have youtube highlights?

These highlights cut out for me after the 1st minute
I am in the same boat, link cuts out after half a minute. Anyone have a different link please?

Craig_in_Prague
04-11-2012, 04:03 PM
I am in the same boat, link cuts out after half a minute. Anyone have a different link please?

splofficial on youtube.

Alfred E Newman
04-11-2012, 04:07 PM

I know there will be 15 mins highlights of the Celtic game, but will we be on last as usual?

I'm_cabbaged
04-11-2012, 05:23 PM
This

No idea why our highlights on the BBC are so poor

We never get the offside goals or the big controversial moments that are discussed on here.

I wonder if other clubs feel the same?

bet you they do show the offside goal :)

Hibercelona
04-11-2012, 05:37 PM
I know there will be 15 mins highlights of the Celtic game, but will we be on last as usual?

I wonder if they'll show us Lennon cracking up at the end. Or do they only do that with non-OF managers?

Seveno
04-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Highlights are up on the BBC website. Also the Dundee v Hearts http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/20199012

Someone told me that this is the first time that Dundee have beaten Hearts at Dens Park but he might have just been KIDDing.

GreenCastle
04-11-2012, 06:51 PM
I'll bet Thompson

Steven Thompson is the guest :greengrin

hibsbollah
04-11-2012, 07:06 PM

Knew it:rolleyes: it's the just-played-the-Hibs pundit club again.

JimBHibees
04-11-2012, 07:29 PM
:agree: Hes been on the 'show' before. And he has the requisite west coast centric, just-been-kicked-in-the-head-by-a-horse intelligent chat.

Also previously played for Sevco always helps.

As an aside wtf is Billy Dudds seen as some sort of footballing guru. He is everywhere at the moment every radio game, radio show he is on it with his illiterate stating the bleedingly obvious. Quite incredible.

GreenPJ
04-11-2012, 07:35 PM

To be fair I think he is a good pundit and comes across well. Also think he played well yesterday.

Golden Bear
04-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Knew it:rolleyes: it's the just-played-the-Hibs pundit club again.

It really does make you wonder about the impartiality of BBC Scotland

I'm_cabbaged
04-11-2012, 09:40 PM

What do I win? :)

hibsbollah
04-11-2012, 09:43 PM
To be fair I think he is a good pundit and comes across well. Also think he played well yesterday.

Its all about opinions. Personally i think hes a total cock of a man. The Irish dude talks some sense though.

hibee_girl
04-11-2012, 09:46 PM
It really does make you wonder about the impartiality of BBC Scotland

Ron McLean said on twitter today that Hibs have refused every time the BBC have asked for a player to appear on Sportscene

Broken Gnome
04-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Ron McLean said on twitter today that Hibs have refused every time the BBC have asked for a player to appear on Sportscene

Good.

hibsbollah
04-11-2012, 09:48 PM

Good.

I'm_cabbaged
04-11-2012, 09:50 PM

Aye, he came across well there.

Twiglet
04-11-2012, 09:55 PM
Shock horror! Thomson said it wasn't a second yellow. Thank goodness the other 2 were there to tell him what happened.
I saw it the same way as the Irish man (Celtic bloke yeah?), at first look it was hard to see the arm go up, but once they zoom up, you can definitely see the elbow get raised.
Thomson complained that the ref didn't give it, that it was the linesman, but the linesman was looking straight at the players faces so had the perfect view.

Argylehibby
05-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Thomson never lets anyone finish the point they are making without talking over them. His comment that he "didnt know why Spoony was holding his face" was a disgrace and was in effect saying that he cheated to get their player sent off. He should be taken to task for that IMHO.

matty_f
05-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Thomson never lets anyone finish the point they are making without talking over them. His comment that he "didnt know why Spoony was holding his face" was a disgrace and was in effect saying that he cheated to get their player sent off. He should be taken to task for that IMHO.

:agree: I thought the tv pictures showed Goodwin lifted his arm/elbow into Spoony's face as he blocked him off, so Spoony had every right to hold his face.

I think that actually goes against BBC regulations as so far as we are aware (i.e. no effort was made by the BBC to tell us otherwise) Wotherspoon wasn't given the opportunity to defend himself against Thomson's implied accusation.

I think that the BBC are supposed to give people the right of reply.

Gatecrasher
05-11-2012, 11:21 AM
exactly why I don't wat this rubbish anymore, you can watch the highlights in half the time on youtube without all the time wasting pish they talk.

hibsbollah
05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
exactly why I don't wat this rubbish anymore, you can watch the highlights in half the time on youtube without all the time wasting pish they talk.

:agree: Everytime i turn it on im reminded why i normally dont. Its ****** on every possible level, it has been for as long as i remember, and it is at least partly responsible for the downtrodden 'product' that is the SPL.

KeithTheHibby
05-11-2012, 12:15 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere however after Hibs scored their second Goodwin was over to the ref complaining about something and carried on right up until St Mirren kicked off.
He basically drew attention to himself and was always going to nudge or push Spoony off the ball such was his mood.

Deserved to go in my opinion.

Stevie Reid
05-11-2012, 12:22 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere however after Hibs scored their second Goodwin was over to the ref complaining about something and carried on right up until St Mirren kicked off.
He basically drew attention to himself and was always going to nudge or push Spoony off the ball such was his mood.

Goodwin intimidated the referee very effectively, as he seemed to be refereeing the game for a good spell. The referee had no choice but to book him (should have been sent off) but let Goodwin off with having a real go at McGivern and other players, and mouthing off back at him for several minutes afterwards. Referee definitely saw the Spoony incident IMO but was going to ignore it until the linesman acted.

Was delighted to see him go off.

hibsbollah
05-11-2012, 04:36 PM

By rights, should have been a straight red for the first challenge, a sneaky slap in Spoonys face equals another straight red for the second challenge, and add on a yellow for refusing to leave the pitch and sarcastically applauding the ref. Sent off Two and half times by the book.

But in Sportsceneworld, Thompson gets away with denigrating Spoony for simulation and ludicrously suggesting Goodwin was unlucky to get sent off:crazy: