PDA

View Full Version : Section 43

RoxburghHibs
03-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Well done to Section 43 again today - fantastic work guys!

One question I have (and I'm sure there is a valid reason) but why green, white and BLACK for the banners? Not having a go but curious to the reasons for not just using Hibs colours?

LancashireHibby
03-11-2012, 07:54 PM
From a personal point of view, green/white/black has come in great use recently compared to when people think I'm a Celtc fan when wearing a green and white scarf etc. Good enough reason for me!

The Harp
03-11-2012, 07:58 PM
... could it be for our less fortunate city rivals? :wink:
Well done again today guys, your vocal backing of the Club is spreading to other areas of ER. Keep up the good work!
God Bless the Hibs!

RoxburghHibs
03-11-2012, 07:59 PM
From a personal point of view, green/white/black has come in great use recently compared to when people think I'm a Celtc fan when wearing a green and white scarf etc. Good enough reason for me!

Understood

:flag:

Pete
03-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I thought green white and black were hibs colours.

I've been wearing scarves with that combination for years. Don't tell me I've been wrong all this time!

RoxburghHibs
03-11-2012, 08:04 PM
I thought green white and black were hibs colours.

I've been wearing scarves with that combination for years. Don't tell me I've been wrong all this time!

Black is NOT Hibs colours - seriously do you need told the club colours?

Bottle green and white with yellow as the third colour.

edit: granted I have seen scarves with black in them but not sure where that came from. Hibernian have never been green, white and black?

IWasThere2016
03-11-2012, 08:15 PM
I was in there today - hoarse now but thoroughly enjoyed the chanting! :thumbsup: Great effort lads! :agree:

:pfgwa

Gatecrasher
03-11-2012, 08:17 PM

edit: granted I have seen scarves with black in them but not sure where that came from. Hibernian have never been green, white and black?
What about purple, thats a hibs colour IMO

Jonnyboy
03-11-2012, 08:22 PM

Historically neither yellow nor purple featured but black did, first appearing in 1895.

Purple arrived on the scene in the 70's because Tom Hart's wife liked the colour.

**** knows where the idea for yellow came from - as an old fashioned gadgie I would argue that only the keeper should ever wear that colour for Hibs :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
03-11-2012, 08:25 PM

Eh seriously I can't believe Hibs fans don't know their clubs colours!

Was intruduced in the late 1970's for advertisement reasons. NOT Hibernianf FC colours.

Seriously is it just me! Email the club and ask for the officail club colours.

GREEN and WHITE

BEAUTIFUL :flag::flag::flag:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.#Colours_and_badge

RoxburghHibs
03-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Historically neither yellow nor purple featured but black did, first appearing in 1895.

Purple arrived on the scene in the 70's because Tom Hart's wife liked the colour.

**** knows where the idea for yellow came from - as an old fashioned gadgie I would argue that only the keeper should ever wear that colour for Hibs :greengrin

hmmmmm

I thought purple was intruduced due to advertisement - but stand corrected on that. The official club colours were green, white and gold - and as far as I know that stands.

edit: I will email the club and ask for clarification. I have always looked at Hibs as Green, white and gold (bottle green). Certainly not black or purple!

Lets see the officail line :)

Jonnyboy
03-11-2012, 08:34 PM
hmmmmm

I thought purple was intruduced due to advertisement - but stand corrected on that. The official club colours were green, white and gold - and as far as I know that stands.

edit: I will email the club and ask for clarification. I have always looked at Hibs as Green, white and gold (bottle green). Certainly not black or purple!

:aok:

Chuck Rhoades
03-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Will post in full when I stop scooping, but we all agreed o dark colours. Bottle Green and Black were chosen. People took to them. Hibs brought out a bottle green strip a year later. You either like it or you don't. No hidden message here though.

jonty
03-11-2012, 08:37 PM
hmmmmm

edit: I will email the club and ask for clarosification. I have always looked at Hibs as Green, white and gold (bottle green). Certainly not black or purple!

Not really sure if he's up to speed :greengrin

RoxburghHibs
03-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Will post in full when I stop scooping, but we all agreed o dark colours. Bottle Green and Black were chosen. People took to them. Hibs brought out a bottle green strip a year later. You either like it or you don't. No hidden message here though.

Hey mate - as mentioned before. Don't apologise for anything! You guys are doing the club a MASSIVE service.

I just was curious as to the introduction to a colour not related to our club. But in the end of the day - GGTTH

RoxburghHibs
03-11-2012, 08:40 PM
Not really sure if he's up to speed :greengrin

Hehehe too much RED wine celebrating the Hibees being top! :flag:

Chuck Rhoades
03-11-2012, 08:42 PM
See why we are debating, can i say one thing, **** THE HEARTS.

RoxburghHibs
03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
See why we are debating, can i say one thing, **** THE HEARTS.

Can I just add "Hearts are going BUST!!"

monktonharp
03-11-2012, 09:47 PM
hmmmmm

Lets see the officail line :):aok: always thought of it as those colours. gold being the original Harp. and before anyone suggests, the Irish flag was a bluish (saphire?)with a gold harp. check the flag flown at the Irish consolate in EDIN. And,naw this isnae a flag debate

monktonharp
03-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Can I just add "Hearts are going BUST!!"would like to add,:aok:

Chuck Rhoades
03-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Might go for a pink orange and silver range next year.

Cabbage East
03-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Can I ask if grey jogging bottoms are mandatory for Section 43 members? A hilarious amount of them wearing them today.

Hibercelona
03-11-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm sure the casuals have nothing to do with it. :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
03-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Hahaha embarrasing, 22 of us in the new yorker before and not **** had them on. The section holds 920 in total, so don't go painting everyone with your brush.

Chuck Rhoades
03-11-2012, 10:21 PM
We've got better dress sense than the 14 year old JLS at the back. Again, come up and join us for a game ull see what we wear.

Malthibby
03-11-2012, 10:21 PM
Cheers S43, you make a real difference to the noise in the ground. Pretty sure more folk joined you in the second half.
GG

Cabbage East
03-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Fair enough but some of the gear on show is laughable. Seem to embrace some of the fitba culture but not all...

Shrekko
Well done to Section 43 again today

There's been a bit where the songs start at ER forever- why do we need to have a thread congratulating section 43 every week? Why seperate the fans?

whiskyhibby
Yep we'll done guys , great support and really brought the crowd into the game !!

Chuck Rhoades
03-11-2012, 10:24 PM
The whole support were class today, those painting their own image come have a pint before a game. You'll soon see otherwise. Embarrasing the lengths some people go.

whiskyhibby
03-11-2012, 10:25 PM
There's been a bit where the songs start at ER forever- why do we need to have a thread congratulating section 43 every week? Why seperate the fans?

Jesus why do we need a comment discreteting section 43 for supporting the team and creating a good atmosphere....... FFS get a life and support the team

essexhibee
03-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Ach let them wear what they want. Even my 50yr old dad wanted to know what s43 was all about after the Motherwell game where the crowd could be heard loud and clear on the tv.

Keep up the good work.

ZS DOOM
03-11-2012, 10:36 PM

Maybe because it's them at this point in time creating the noise?

Credit is given where credit is due

Fantic
03-11-2012, 10:40 PM
I used to sing at the games 20 year ago, cannae be bothered now but its good to have a bit of atmosphere back.

ZS DOOM
03-11-2012, 10:44 PM
Cheers S43, you make a real difference to the noise in the ground. Pretty sure more folk joined you in the second half.
GG

Nobody joined in with songs in the first half. Hibs fans in general seem to wait for a goal to start singing

RIP
03-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Can I ask if grey jogging bottoms are mandatory for Section 43 members? A hilarious amount of them wearing them today.

Watch out lads. While you are watching the game and supporting the team there's a man inspecting your trousers

Fair enough but some of the gear on show is laughable. Seem to embrace some of the fitba culture but not all...

Whae are you then? Easter Road's Gok Wan?

Ach let them wear what they want. Even my 50yr old dad wanted to know what s43 was all about after the Motherwell game where the crowd could be heard loud and clear on the tv.

I used to sing at the games 20 year ago, cannae be bothered now but its good to have a bit of atmosphere back.

WTF. I'm a S43 regular and within 10 yards of me today there were around ten other guys in their fifties. In the second half there were a couple of chants across 3 stands - probably a few thousand chanting.

Singing support for yer team is ageless and timeless

UltrasHibernian
03-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Honestly thought the section was fairly gash most of the game, no one seemed to be interested unless it was anti hearts 'hearts are going bust' or 'aleey aleey'

Fair enough when songs got going the rest got going AND a big well done to the rest of the ground with the HIBEES chant sounded superb.

We are all hibernian, stand up for hibernian:flag:

Would personally say that's the hardest we have had to try as a group to get everyone going, we thought it would be a breeze after well away.

Hibernian FC from the capital.

UltrasHibernian
03-11-2012, 11:04 PM
On the note of clothing, not one of our lads wear 'cottons' as posted we met pre game around 20 of us, not one with a pair of trackies/joggers on! believe it or not we're not all 14 years old and seem to inspire to elvis type hair cuts / chino's or cottons ect.

Couldn't care if a lad went for it 90mins and was kitted out in a bright yellow police officer style tracksuit, would be a top head.

jabis
03-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Honestly thought the section was fairly gash most of the game, no one seemed to be interested unless it was anti hearts 'hearts are going bust' or 'aleey aleey'

Fair enough when songs got going the rest got going AND a big well done to the rest of the ground with the HIBEES chant sounded superb.

We are all hibernian, stand up for hibernian:flag:

Would personally say that's the hardest we have had to try as a group to get everyone going, we thought it would be a breeze after well away.

Hibernian FC from the capital.

he wasn't even there :agree:

Jamie
03-11-2012, 11:56 PM

are you a ref? should have gone to specsavers :cb

Shrekko
03-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Jesus why do we need a comment discreteting section 43 for supporting the team and creating a good atmosphere....... FFS get a life and support the team
You want to run this past me again? Get a life?

I'm not criticising anyone, I'm saying why do we need threads congratulating a section of the support every week for doing what folk have always done?

I do support the team thanks very much- I just don't need congratulated for it.

ZS DOOM
04-11-2012, 12:10 AM
You want to run this past me again? Get a life?

I'm not criticising anyone, I'm saying why do we need threads congratulating a section of the support every week for doing what folk have always done?

I do support the team thanks very much- I just don't need congratulated for it.

People haven't always done what section 43 are doing now.

Are you upset that nobody's posted a thread thanking you for your support?

Shrekko
04-11-2012, 12:14 AM
People haven't always done what section 43 are doing now.

Are you upset that nobody's posted a thread thanking you for your support?

Aye - that's it!

That's why I said don't need congratulated (every friggin week).

ZS DOOM
04-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Aye - that's it!

That's why I said don't need congratulated (every friggin week).

Honestly don't know what point you are trying to make.
Hibs fans clearly appreciate the work that section 43 Have done and know they go the extra mile to support the team. If they want to post a thread about it then let them.
Who are you to decide what should be posted or not? There's a lot of pish on this board that you could be moaning about instead

SteveHFC
04-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Section 43 are ****ing class

http://i.imgur.com/6eZAM.gif

Hibercelona
04-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Section 43 are ****ing class

http://i.imgur.com/6eZAM.gif

Agreed,

And for those of you who blow your trumpets about how they do your head in. I suggest you spend 90 minutes in the signing section 1 week, then 90 minutes anywhere in the west stand the next.

Then you'll know what you're missing. :cool2:

Chuck Rhoades
04-11-2012, 01:50 AM
Open meeting in new yorker next week, open at ten. Come along. We are all hibs.

wearethehibs
04-11-2012, 01:50 AM
See if anyone accuse me of wearing chinos I get angry

Have you looked at sect43? Almost all of us wear jeans maybe Baar like 2.

Pete
04-11-2012, 03:16 AM
hmmmmm

I've never seen a combination of green(of any description), white and yellow on anything other than an away strip. Looking at the historical home kits all I see are green, white and black with the odd purple trim thrown in. There have been crests with lots of yellow or gold but that's about it.
Maybe the black is a more modern thing but it definitely does have it's roots and shouldn't be dismissed as "non-hibs". You have to admit that it has more credibility than purple(madness) and the emerald green we have been playing in for nearly 30 years.

What are "official club colours" anyway? Is there a database somewhere? Do you have to submit them every year? Can you change them? Or are they maybe just what the individual supporter perceives them to be.

Nowadays a combination of green white and yellow belong to one club and it isn't ours. If you went to a Celtic game at Easter Road with green, white and yellow on your scarf there is only one end you would be getting in. Any other game and I'm sure you would get funny looks.
Maybe you are right about them being our colours at one time but certainly not now. Times change and that specific combination has as much to do with hibs as hooped shirts, long pants, belt buckles and brawling navvies.

Email away but I think I know what your reply will be. Something along the lines of "green, white and whatever colour the away strip is/shade of scarf in the shop/whatever you want it to be":rolleyes:

Looking back over the last 30 years is where I get my opinion that black should be considered our third colour...I think that's long enough. Our badges, the trim on our home kit, our official club merchandise, official club scarves, our training kit, our tartan and even our club ties have all featured black along with green and white. The only yellow we see is in away kits. In recent popular culture it's black. I've never seen a yellow, green and white union flag before and most unofficial hibs related merchandise and creations contain green, white and black. Sect 43 chose to use black and green because they consider these colours to be linked with our club and the most appropriate. Green and purple would look stupid and we all know who green yellow and would look like. Green and any other colour (apart from white) would have nothing to do with hibs.

I think sect 43 have made an excellent colour choice with their flags and scarves...related to hibs but slightly different. Some people in different threads haven't got their heads around the fact that they aren't a group who's sole purpose is to eradicate white from our club.
I can assure you that it is actually possible to own two types of scarf without any issues and you can still buy an official one even if you have a sect43 one. You won't be depriving the club of any money!!

...and I saw lots of grey jogging bottoms in the East but a lot were in section 44.

The Falcon
04-11-2012, 06:08 AM

I have always though Black was in our original colours as well. I am sure my family have a number of "away" tops that are black. Last seasons certainly was and my nephew wears a Whyte and Mackay black top, which looks smart.

Jonny has told how we got purple in there and I think the recent all yellow (construed as gold by some?) is merely to avoid kit clashes.

Edit; Oh...and well done to the young un's in Sect 43. The effort that went into the Final was truly exceptional and the Allez Oh at Motherwell was magnificent. You guys are growing and keep up the good work.

Fantic
04-11-2012, 07:01 AM
WTF. I'm a S43 regular and within 10 yards of me today there were around ten other guys in their fifties. In the second half there were a couple of chants across 3 stands - probably a few thousand chanting.

Singing support for yer team is ageless and timeless[/QUOTE]

Aye of course I join in with the odd song, I meant I'm no part of the choir anymore and don't want to be!

Bristolhibby
04-11-2012, 07:48 AM

Well done everyone but Sect 43 in singing. You did us proud.

Done.

J

lucky
04-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Im not into singing at games but others are and clearly sect43 are getting more involved. So for me let them get on with it. But we don't need a thread every week congratulating them or criticising them.

Bristolhibby
04-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Im not into singing at games but others are and clearly sect43 are getting more involved. So for me let them get on with it. But we don't need a thread every week congratulating them or criticising them.

Why not? It's gives us something to talk about.

J

Jack
04-11-2012, 08:15 AM
I thought the West gave the Sect 43 lads a nice wee lesson yesterday when they were chanting Hibees, I think it was.

The timing was impeccable and it spread to the FF and eventuality along the East to Sect 43. You must be drinking too much Red Bull guys cause it became a blummin race!

I'm sure its been said before you need to slow down a bit sometimes.

You should take a bow at the end too - another great overall great performance. Thank you.

And to the poster whinging about why congratulate them? Because they're making a really positive contribution at Easter Road and away and there's little doubt in my mind our players positively react to that. That's why.

capitals_finest
04-11-2012, 08:23 AM
Well done to Section 43 again today - fantastic work guys!

One question I have (and I'm sure there is a valid reason) but why green, white and BLACK for the banners? Not having a go but curious to the reasons for not just using Hibs colours?

Green white and black ARE our colours ya doughnut.

Instead of saying well done to s43 this week I want to say THANKS for making my Easter Road experience more enjoyable once again. I do not sit any where near s43 but appreciate the songs and I genuinely feel the players enjoy the atmosphere now too. For too long Easter Road was like a cemetary.

Hainan Hibs
04-11-2012, 08:29 AM
hmmmmm

:hilarious

Makaveli
04-11-2012, 10:16 AM
2 points.

1) On the colours: look at the scarves etc in the clubstore. Plenty black to be seen.

2) On weekly "congratulations" for sect43 when there's always been a group who started the chants in the east stand: aye, mibbe there was, but that stand was demolished. The folk from under the gantry seemed to spread out and it's only through a concerted effort by a small group of mainly young guys that there was any atmosphere in ER last season and we had two proud displays at Hampden. Now we have a new song everyone loves and far more consistent noise. Why shouldn't people express appreciation?

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2012, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=makaveli_619;3398875]2 points.

1) On the colours: look at the scarves etc in the clubstore. Plenty black to be seen.

i bought a new scarf in the club shop yesterday and i was very surprised not to see any simple green and white 'bar' scarf design, which is the type i was wanting :(

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm never going back to easter road, i swear i saw someone with flares on yesterday, it sickened me to the pit of my stomach.

If we cant dress properly for the football, we will lose a lot more fans like me.

Chuck Rhoades
04-11-2012, 11:23 AM
I just love the fact people make up blatant lies, or choose to ignore the facts. Come for a pint with us after the game on Sunday. Then you may realise the majority are 20+, dinnae have dodgy haircuts or wear shocking clobber.

Won't happen though, they'll stick to being keyboard warriors.

RoxburghHibs
04-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Green white and black ARE our colours ya doughnut.

No Hibernian are green and white ya doughnut. Change colours of purple, black and yellow have been used in the past. But for me none off these are our club colours. Just marketing ploy to sell strips.

Chuck Rhoades
04-11-2012, 11:26 AM
No Hibernian are green and white ya doughnut. Change colours of purple, black and yellow have been used in the past. But for me none off these are our club colours. Just marketing ploy to sell strips.

And? What's the issue with black? If you don't like it, don't wear it.

RoxburghHibs
04-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Who has an issue with it? I asked the reasoning behind it being used. The guys have answered that already.

SaulGoodman
04-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Can I ask what the issue is with Chinos?

EuanH78
04-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Back to the point. This was the first game I have been able to get to at Easter Rd. this season. Was sitting quite close to Section 43.

Guys there did a great job, at least when they were singing I couldnt hear anyone shouting at our own team :agree:

Jack
04-11-2012, 04:50 PM
I just love the fact people make up blatant lies, or choose to ignore the facts. Come for a pint with us after the game on Sunday. Then you may realise the majority are 20+, dinnae have dodgy haircuts or wear shocking clobber.

So long as its not a karaoke night :-D

marinello59
04-11-2012, 06:20 PM

I hate Section43 for having hair. *******s. :grr:

Iggy Pope
04-11-2012, 06:37 PM

Green white and black would appear to be officially endorsed by the club and hopefully the response to your meddling e-mail will confirm it.

Here's Tom Taiwo at his unveiling. There was another one like this in last night's EEN featuring Gary Deegan.

EDIT: It's bottle green, no black HH, ya colour blind auld fud!

R'Albin
04-11-2012, 06:37 PM
I hate Section43 for having hair. *******s. :grr:

:greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
04-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Green white and black would appear to be officially endorsed by the club and hopefully the response to your meddling e-mail will confirm it.

Here's Tom Taiwo at his unveiling. There was another one like this in last night's EEN featuring Gary Deegan.

that's the design i bought yesterday and it's not black, it's dark green :)

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2012, 06:43 PM

Is that scarf not green white and bottle green? :greengrin

Iggy Pope
04-11-2012, 06:52 PM
that's the design i bought yesterday and it's not black, it's dark green :)

Is that scarf not green white and bottle green? :greengrin

Telt!
:blushie:

.Sean.
04-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Can I ask what the issue is with Chinos?
Tacky and common.

SaulGoodman
04-11-2012, 07:14 PM
Tacky and common.

And jeans aren't?

ChooseLife
04-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Sect 43 drowned out someone trying to start the Mercer song yesterday, felt it deserved a mention.

ZS DOOM
04-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Sect 43 drowned out someone trying to start the Mercer song yesterday, felt it deserved a mention.

They've been attempting to get rid of these songs since they started. I'm glad some people are noticing

Jonnyboy
04-11-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm never going back to easter road, i swear i saw someone with flares on yesterday, it sickened me to the pit of my stomach.

If we cant dress properly for the football, we will lose a lot more fans like me.

Was he in the mirror you checked G?

Jonnyboy
04-11-2012, 08:10 PM

I'm unsure why you have such an issue with S43 as these posts are just your latest 'attack' on them. Your username suggests you're an east stand sitter and reading between the lines maybe you were a singer under the roof of the old east? Those days are gone, along it seems with the majority of folk who used to sit in there and sing. S43 is merely fans trying to help create a positive atmosphere and frankly doesn't really deserve your constant sniping

We don't need to have a thread each week. The reason we do is because some fans want to encourage and acknowledge the efforts of other fans. Now't wrong with that, surely?

Cabbage East
04-11-2012, 08:11 PM

Hang on, so if I don't want to go for a pint with grey jogging bottom clad kids I'm a keyboard warrior? Nice one gadge :faf:

Jonnyboy
04-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Hang on, so if I don't want to go for a pint with grey jogging bottom clad kids I'm a keyboard warrior? Nice one gadge :faf:

He's already told you none of them wear the joggers that seem to fascinate you but hey, why let facts get in the way?

ZS DOOM
04-11-2012, 08:23 PM
He's already toled you none of them wear the joggers that seem to fascinate you but hey, why let facts get in the way?

Maybe we should ask him what he was wearing on saturday and we can have a laugh at him?

Danny_Hibee
04-11-2012, 08:51 PM

Really hope for the Sect 43 guys that this guy doesn't join you for a pint next week, he is either clearly just deliberately trying to incite an argument for no reason or is just plain stupid. Either way I cant imagine it would be a pleasure to spend any time at all in his company!

lord bunberry
04-11-2012, 09:17 PM

I don't think it was the mercer song that was being sung it was someone singing tell all the hearts you know were top of the league and your no

Hibs90
04-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Moaning at what they are wearing, seriously? :rolleyes:

ZS DOOM
04-11-2012, 09:31 PM
I don't think it was the mercer song that was being sung it was someone singing tell all the hearts you know were top of the league and your no

There was definetly 2 attempts at the wallace mercer chant and a mrs mercer one aswell. Not by the same person though

frazeHFC
04-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Why have i just read this, comical. People, and i mean that as in one or two posters, have moaned about black being in a flag (we have had Black away tops before, and been mentioned it has been wore for many years), and then even what trousers people are wearing. For the record the 'cotton wearers' may well be in the East, but they are not known by any of us.

Wasting my time even responding to such petty posts.

Guy infront started it but was drowned out straight away, which obviously worked as it couldn't then be heard. :greengrin He certainly wasn't happy though! But fair play to them they did start a few songs!

joe breezy
04-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Green white and gold is Celtic - green white and black is Hibs

That's how I've always seen it - I don't really care if my opinion is official or not

ChooseLife
05-11-2012, 12:51 AM

I was sitting just behind the guy, it was deffo the Mercer song, he was right next to the S43 guys but not with them :agree:

Not that I mind the song, I've just noticed S43 have received stick for it in the past.

marinello59
05-11-2012, 06:08 AM
I was sitting just behind the guy, it was deffo the Mercer song, he was right next to the S43 guys but not with them :agree:

Not that I mind the song, I've just noticed S43 have received stick for it in the past.

Never mind what he was singing. What was he wearing?

RoxburghHibs
05-11-2012, 01:06 PM
And the official response from the club as to our colours was.........................

wait for it................................................ ...

GREEN AND WHITE!!!

I think some sarcasm was in the response:

"I have checked with the Chairman Mr Petrie and he has confirmed the official colours are Green and White."

Brilliant!!

Chuck Rhoades
05-11-2012, 01:31 PM
And the official response from the club as to our colours was.........................

GREEN AND WHITE!!!

"I have checked with the Chairman Mr Petrie and he has confirmed the official colours are Green and White."

Brilliant!!

Fantastic... because we didn't already know that...

Will need to recall 240 S43 scarfs that are in circulation. Petrie!!!!

ZS DOOM
05-11-2012, 01:33 PM

GREEN AND WHITE!!!

Brilliant!!

Honestly don't know why you sent one in the first place. There was only going to be one answer

RoxburghHibs
05-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Fantastic... because we didn't already know that...

Will need to recall 240 S43 scarfs that are in circulation. Petrie!!!!

cabbageandribs1875
05-11-2012, 01:39 PM
see if i find out that the club secretary wasted time e-mailing someone our club colours and we missed out on a time slot for wolves extending sparkys loan period.....i swear i'l do time

:giruy: :)

.Sean.
05-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Green white and gold is Celtic - green white and black is Hibs

That's how I've always seen it - I don't really care if my opinion is official or not

I dislike green, white and gold.

Plus, my customised Samba's have came - green suede with white and black stripes. Tidy :greengrin

RyeSloan
05-11-2012, 08:06 PM
2 points.

2) On weekly "congratulations" for sect43 when there's always been a group who started the chants in the east stand: aye, mibbe there was, but that stand was demolished. The folk from under the gantry seemed to spread out and it's only through a concerted effort by a small group of mainly young guys that there was any atmosphere in ER last season and we had two proud displays at Hampden. Now we have a new song everyone loves and far more consistent noise. Why shouldn't people express appreciation?

Point 2 is bang on. Quite a few said at the time that removing the terracing would impact the atmosphere....there was quite a bit of poo pooing but I think it is quite clear that it did.

Section 43 is just what was needed.

JIm
05-11-2012, 08:52 PM
I dislike green, white and gold.

Said Patrick to Michael one fine saturday
Are you going to Tynecastle to see the Hibs play
When up popped pat Stanton and nodded a goal
Tynecastle erupted in green white and gold

nonshinyfinish
05-11-2012, 09:01 PM

:hilarious

erin go bragh
05-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Said Patrick to Michael one fine saturday
Are you going to Tynecastle to see the Hibs play
When up popped pat Stanton and nodded a goal
Tynecastle erupted in green white and gold

:not worth:top marks

ggtth

GORDONSMITH7
05-11-2012, 10:42 PM
What a very odd thread indeed. Anyway excellent stuff from Section 43 again and a touching tribute to Mark McCabe. Cannae wait to see what they will do for the visit of the Merricks in the Cup. Keep it up young team.

BIG G