PDA

View Full Version : Six wins from twelve games

Hibernia&Alba
03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Last season it was eight wins from thirty-eight.

The progress is huge in short a short period. A top six finish would represent massive progressive from battling relegation in 2011-12, so being top tonight is beyond all expectation :flag:

Onion
03-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Last season it was eight wins from thirty-eight.

The progress is huge in short a short period. A top six finish would represent massive progressive from battling relegation in 2011-12, so being top tonight is beyond all expectation :flag:

Feels so different going along to ER this season - 10x better than the last two. All the SPL teams other than DFC and CFC are close in terms of ability, it is the drive and determination at Hibs (and a certain Leigh Griffiths) that has swung games Hibs way. Good example is James McPake. IMHO he's had a few dodgy performances over the last few weeks, but never hides, always fights for the team, and drives his team mates on for the full 90. The same can be said of Leigh, Cairney and most of the other guys. So, even if we lose games or don't play very well, you at least know its not because the team don't care.

I've no idea how Hibs managed to work themselves into the position of having a first team that didn't really give a **** whether they won or not (as we did last season) , but we must NEVER EVER allow that to happen again. I blame Calderwood for most of that - as he led by example - and we're now seeing a team in fenlon's image - fighters, team players and winners.

hugo boss
03-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Feels so different going along to ER this season - 10x better than the last two. All the SPL teams other than DFC and CFC are close in terms of ability, it is the drive and determination at Hibs (and a certain Leigh Griffiths) that has swung games Hibs way. Good example is James McPake. IMHO he's had a few dodgy performances over the last few weeks, but never hides, always fights for the team, and drives his team mates on for the full 90. The same can be said of Leigh, Cairney and most of the other guys. So, even if we lose games or don't play very well, you at least know its not because the team don't care.

I've no idea how Hibs managed to work themselves into the position of having a first team that didn't really give a **** whether they won or not (as we did last season) , but we must NEVER EVER allow that to happen again. I blame Calderwood for most of that - as he led by example - and we're now seeing a team in fenlon's image - fighters, team players and winners. mate your bang on what you said there, us a club the size of hibs should never ever be in a predicament like that again GGTTH:flag:

Hibernia&Alba
03-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I totally agree with you, Onion. This season we have a first team squad that is far more settled and who believe they belong to the club. We fans need to know the players wearing the shirt and to have a rapport with them i.e. to feel they care as much as we do. Wee Pat deserves huge praise. I'm actually looking forward to going to games again, rather than just doing so from a sense of duty. It actually feels like we have a foundation that is providing a sense of direction now. What we need are several seasons of progress under the same manager and with the same core group of players. It feels like we have a project just now.