PDA

View Full Version : The weekly Spoony thread

LancashireHibby
03-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Absolutely imperious yet again today, this boy is seriously coming good.

green glory
03-11-2012, 07:21 PM

Agreed. His confidence this season is superb. Intelligent player.

Hiber-nation
03-11-2012, 07:23 PM

Thought he was poor in the first half, Maybury was toiling and Spoony didn't help. But great for most of the 2nd, he needs Claros to link with him and when these 2 can link up with Sparky, that's when we're at our best.

Billy Whizz
03-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Thought he was poor in the first half, Maybury was toiling and Spoony didn't help. But great for most of the 2nd, he needs Claros to link with him and when these 2 can link up with Sparky, that's when we're at our best.

I agree, poor in the 1st half, but all our great moves on the 2nd were through his movement and passing

Sir David Gray
03-11-2012, 10:19 PM
He's been a revelation this season.

He has been awful for the last couple of years but has been terrific this year, like a completely new player. His confidence has obviously been boosted by Fenlon and his new team mates and long may it continue.

Keep it up Spoony! :aok:

Malthibby
03-11-2012, 10:23 PM
He was excellent, at least in the second half. Everyone was pash in the 1st.
GG

zlatan
03-11-2012, 10:23 PM
First SPL game in a long time for me today and the difference in him is frightening. Long may it continue.

whiskyhibby
03-11-2012, 10:31 PM

Agree the fist half from Spoony was neither here nor there, but second half really came onto his game, well done Spoony a real lynchpin in a very good team performance

monktonharp
03-11-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm delighted that he is beginning to come good, as for the last 2 seasons he was shocking at times. some on here had said the reason was he was not playing regular,being out of position etc. Ithought he was letting games by-pass him as he lacked the will to concentrate on what was going on around him, and I would have been happy to see him punted. I have to put my hands up, and admit Iwas wrong. this young man has turned it round, and is now showing that he is the player we thought he was when he first broke through. never made the game today, but glad to rerad that he played well at least in the second half. he was fantastic last Friday.

hibsbollah
03-11-2012, 10:46 PM
He's letting the power of The Force flow through him:agree: listen to Yoda, David, and all will be well:thumbsup:

HibeeN
03-11-2012, 10:47 PM
He's letting the power of The Force flow through him:agree: listen to Yoda, David, and all will be well:thumbsup:
:thumbsup::agree:

hibsbollah
03-11-2012, 10:53 PM
:thumbsup::agree:

Why the Yoda picture by the way? :greengrin

HibeeN
03-11-2012, 10:57 PM
Why the Yoda picture by the way? :greengrin

Like Yoda I am small, green and very wise :agree: :greengrin

hibsbollah
03-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Like Yoda I am small, green and very wise :agree: :greengrin

You look like Yoda???:Ummm:
Hairy ears are a nightmare eh?:greengrin

cocopops1875
03-11-2012, 11:27 PM
Spoony 2.0 like the old Spoony but way better than the last Spoony

jabis
03-11-2012, 11:37 PM

your positive vibes are noted.

iainm1875
04-11-2012, 05:42 AM
Out of contract in May I believe!!!

Brooster
04-11-2012, 07:08 AM
He has been brilliant in recent weeks, he was quiet in the first half yesterday but had a great 2nd half. Well done D (his name is D, not spoony lol).

lucky
04-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Still needs to work on the defensive side of his game. In the first half left Marbury with two guys lots of time. In the second half he was terrific. He was actually screaming at team mates when never got the ball.

ronaldo7
04-11-2012, 07:47 AM
His confidence is coming from the way Fenlon asks the players in the front areas to play. If you look at how Cairney, and now Wotherspoon are playing, by keeping the ball longer and making the defences come out to them, they are then releasing the ball at the right time and then making another angle for the player to find them. The old one two's are the best.:greengrin

At times yesterday they had 3 or 4 players coming towards them, therefor leaving space for the other players. It's easy really.:aok:

Ozyhibby
04-11-2012, 08:00 AM
If he keeps playing like this then we need to offer him a new deal pronto.

number9dream
04-11-2012, 10:17 AM
From Beeb report...

Hibs' lofty position is a far cry from last season when the club trailed at the wrong end of the table.
And the player that best encapsulates the dramatic turnaround is David Wotherspoon.
The midfielder was a bag of nerves during the previous campaign and was not deemed good enough for a place in the side that was humiliated by Hearts in the Scottish Cup final.
Griffiths, who leads the SPL charts with 11 goals, will get all the headlines but Wotherspoon did much to give Hibs the upper hand in the second half with his clever promptings after a strangely subdued opening 45 minutes from the men in green.