PDA

View Full Version : Ratings

since90plustwo
03-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Williams - 8 - very assured performance from the big man. Crucial Saves
Maybury - 6 -Beaten alot by his man, lack of pace was exposed but got stuck in
Hanlon - 7 Good display, very composed. Did okay against thompson who must be an absolute nightmare to play against
Mcpake - 6 Not his best performance
Taiwo - 6 Decent, got stuck in. Few dodgy touches and passes
Claros - 7 Broke up play well, kept it simple
Wotherspoon - 8 Really good performance. Gave their left back a run around#
Cairney - 8 Doesnt stop running, a few nice passes and flicks. Fantastic piece of business
Doyle - 6 Not his best game but thought he did ok
Griffiths 9 - Fantastic.
:flag:

RoxburghHibs
03-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Williams - 8 - Some fantastic saves at important moments in the game.
Maybury - 7 Was worried when I heard Clancy was out but thought he was very solid. Didn't put a foot wrong. Lacks support to attack is only negative.
Hanlon - 6 Decent performance - bit shacky near the end but uneventful.
Mcpake - 5 I thought that was maybe his poorest Hibs game that I have seen. But the big fella will get back to form soon.
McGivern - 6 Solid performance and gave 100%. He is a player I rate highly.
Taiwo - 6 I like Taiwo - I think he will be an important player given time.
Claros - 8 He was fantastic today. Winning tackles, rarely wasting passes - get him signed up!
Wotherspoon - 8 - MOM for me was between David, Claros and Griffiths. He is a real threat and a key player!
Cairney - 6 I thought he was poor in the first half. But much better in the second.
Doyle - 6 Didn't really come off for him today but gave full effort from start until he was subbed.
Griffiths 9 - Two goals, two efforts off the post and a cracking shot ruled out for off side. MOM!
:flag:[/QUOTE]

hibee_girl
03-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Williams 9 - he made some fantastic saves today, couldn't do anything about the goal

Maybury 6 - not his best game but not awful
McPake 5 - thought this was his worst game for us, he made lots of mistakes and then made rash challenges to try make up for them
Hanlon 8 - Solid
McGivern 7 - good game

Tawio 6 - had a quiet game imo
Cairney 7 - played well
Claros 8 - played well, a few misplaced passes but he always worked hard to get the ball back
Wotherspoon 8 - some lovely play from him today

Doyle 5 - barely even noticed he was playing if I'm honest
Griffiths 9 - could have had 5 goals today, excellent.

Hiber-nation
03-11-2012, 07:30 PM
This is definitely generous but.....

Williams 8 - great saves kept us in it
Maybury 6 - poor 1st half, better in the 2nd though
McPake 6 - mistakes again but we need him
Hanlon 6 - all over the place in 1st half, much better in 2nd
McGivern 8 - really consistent, I like him
Spoony 7 - again, much improved in 2nd half, had a brilliant 10 minute spell but should do more
Claros 7 - great 2nd half
Taiwo 6 - very poor 1st half but got better
Cairney 7 - doesn't matter where he plays, always a threat
Doyle 4 - not his day, nothing stuck
Griffiths 9 - legend

down-the-slope
03-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Williams 8 - Was comanding and made saves that kept points at Er
Maybury 7 - Made to look out of position first half due to tactics. Good second
McPake 4 - He had a total mare. It must surely have been his injury - 1st half tacticts had Maybury tucking in to mark what should be his man and this ruined the balance and we were consequently getting murdered down our RHS
Hanlon 7 - Decent match and got better of his man
McGivern 7 - Has the talent and physique to go far. Lost his wat for a bit after that shocking 'tackle'
Spoony 7 - Left looking lost 1st half as had to drop deep to cover the odd tactics, and mainly was nothing well. Change of system allowed him to flourish
Claros 8 - Decent 1st and good 2nd half winning the ball and showing inscisive passing - got caught up last 5 mins with the giving it away that ran through the team
Taiwo 6 - Got better as game went on - will improve when he adapts to needing less time on the ball
Cairney 8 - Decent first but so much better when he is more central and helped steady the ship when moved behind sparky when we went 4-4-1-1
Doyle 5 - not the influence on the game he has been most of season - did his bit when system changed
Griffiths 9 - Poor first 30 mins when he was little involved - has the pace and quality to change games though and boy did he deliver. Did not get involved in games niggles and put all his effort in doing what counts - real shame his hattrick did not come from free kick - would have been fitting for him and saved a few frayednerves..

Pat 5 - been a great supporter of his - but way too slow to adapt system that was so obviously not working - got it right in the end when moving to 4-4-1-1. Why did we not use the clock with subs in that horrific last 5 mins?

LeighLoyal
03-11-2012, 08:55 PM
1. Why did we not use the clock with subs in that horrific last 5 mins?

Agree with that, wasn't tearing my hair out like I used to with Mixu and Yogi's non use of subs but we were a bit lucky not to concede

Williams 8.

Maybury 6
McPake 6
Hanlon 6
McGivern 6

Spoon 7
Taiwo 5
Claros 7
Cairney 7

Doyle 6 (Stevenson 3)
Griffiths 8

HibeeSince85
03-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Williams 7

Maybury 6
Mcpake 6
Hanlon 8
McGivern 7

Spoony 7
Taiwo 6
Claros 7
Cairney 7

Doyle 6
Griffithd 9

Good game of football today.

inglisavhibs
03-11-2012, 09:25 PM
[QUOTE=finlayhughes;3398360]Williams - 8 - very assured performance from the big man. Crucial Saves
Maybury - 6 -Beaten alot by his man, lack of pace was exposed but got stuck in
Hanlon - 7 Good display, very composed. Did okay against thompson who must be an absolute nightmare to play against
Mcpake - 6 Not his best performance
Taiwo - 6 Decent, got stuck in. Few dodgy touches and passes
Claros - 7 Broke up play well, kept it simple
Wotherspoon - 8 Really good performance. Gave their left back a run around#
Cairney - 8 Doesnt stop running, a few nice passes and flicks. Fantastic piece of business
Doyle - 6 Not his best game but thought he did ok
Griffiths 9 - Fantastic.

Can't argue with that. Doyle and Maybury struggled badly in the first half and McPake needs to calm down a bit. Stevenson was only on for a short time but was very poor. Take out Griffiths and we would have really struggled today. Fenlon was realistic in hs interview and realises there is huge room for improvement. Still making progress though and great to come back from a goal down.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Williams-7 Some really good stops from him, looked quite composed throughout.

Maybury-7 Can't really complain about anything that he did today.
McPake-6 Quite rash at times today although he does make up for that with good blocks and getting his head on the end of everything. Can do better.
Hanlon-7 Thought he did ok today against Thompson and Parkin.
McGivern-7 Tried to get forward and create attacks. I think he's really added a lot to the team since he came in.

Claros-7 Really came on to a game in the second half. Linked up well with the rest of the midfield.
Taiwo-5 Not seeing it just yet. Not writing him off yet though as Claros was awful last season and he's been hugely improved this year.
Wotherspoon-8 If it wasn't for Griffiths, he would have been my man of the match. He was terrific today, particularly in the second half. He's been a revelation this year, like having a new player.
Cairney-7 Really like him and think he could go on to be a great signing for us. Comfortable on the ball and links up well with the rest of the midfield and the attack.

Doyle-5 Very quiet today, hardly noticed him.
Griffiths-9 Simply outstanding. We must keep him for as long as we possibly can. He's irreplaceable for a club like Hibs. Could have scored 4 or 5 today.

Jones28
03-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Williams 9

Maybury 7
Mcpake 6
Hanlon 8
Mcgivern 7

Wotherspoon 8
Taiwo 6
Claros 6
Cairny 7

Doyle 5