PDA

View Full Version : FAO Jim Goodwin

hibee92
03-11-2012, 06:40 PM
Aye, best to stay at St Mirren. Good decision. :greengrin

Diclonius
03-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Good to see his bullying tactics didn't pay off - eventually. Should have been given a straight red in the first place. :rolleyes:

PatHead
03-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Must admit I thought the crowd helped get him sent off. Don't think the linesman would have flagged if there hadn't been a roar.

Deserved sending off though.

truehibernian
03-11-2012, 06:51 PM
For the first 45 minutes though he was the best player on the park. Composed, organised and effective - good player who lets himself down when he gets carried away sometimes. I was however really impressed with him again.

It was only when we switched Cairney and Doyle that he received less of the ball when Paul chased down more than Eoin - good tactical switch by Pat in my opinion.

lucky
03-11-2012, 06:54 PM
For the first 45 minutes though he was the best player on the park. Composed, organised and effective - good player who lets himself down when he gets carried away sometimes. I was however really impressed with him again.

It was only when we switched Cairney and Doyle that he received less of the ball when Paul chased down more than Eoin - good tactical switch by Pat in my opinion.

Agree 100% but his tackle on McGirven could easily been a straight red. Also I dont think he made contact with Spoony but the intent was there with his flying elbow. Let his team down as 11v11 we might not have won.

Matty_Jack04
03-11-2012, 06:57 PM

:aok:

If things go sour with us keeping Claros I'd have no problems with him in the team, defo needs to screw the nut though there was no way he was lasting the whole 90 today after his first yellow you could see him itching to put the boot in it was only a matter of time.

saying that how there centre half never went as well is beyond me ref bottled it big time

hugo boss
03-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Aye, best to stay at St Mirren. Good decision. :greengrin hibee92 your spot on matey i was just going to post that cant believe he wanted to stay there his loss

SaulGoodman
03-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Was good winding him up going off though.. He looked fuming :faf:

proud_and_green
03-11-2012, 07:02 PM
He's a thug - but i just don't understand it because he is a very good player and gave a midfield a real run for their money, at the centre of all their moves. So why does he have to do all that stupid niggly stuff.

If i was Danny Lennon i would be furious with him - for a captian let alone a player he seriously let his team and team mates down.

Loved when McGivern made a point of walking past him as he was going off - would have loved to have been privvy to what he said to him!!!

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I think he is a quality player and although, he turned down the chance to come to us, fair play to him to stay with the team that gave him his break.

LeighLoyal
03-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Goodwin impressed me, despite his fly kick. And the boy McLean who scored their goal.

juniorhibbee
03-11-2012, 07:54 PM
The boy McLean played well and he's a hibby 👍

Viva_Palmeiras
03-11-2012, 08:05 PM
another Goodwin endearing himself to the Citizens of Edinburgh ;)

StevieC
03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Quite ironic that he was the one that picked up 2 yellows, as he spent most of the game moaning to the referee about decisions and trying to get other players booked.

Golden Bear
03-11-2012, 08:35 PM
He's a good player who would have been a big asset to Hibernian FC if he'd decided to sign.

I'm not going to lambaste him for trying his guts out for St Mirren though.

hibee92
03-11-2012, 08:55 PM
The boy McLean played well and he's a hibby 

Apparently Wolves were watching him today.

ruthven_raiders
03-11-2012, 08:56 PM
He's a good player who would have been a big asset to Hibernian FC if he'd decided to sign.

Totally agree tried his heart out and gave his all over stepped the mark ad deservedly got punished for it but would be a great asset to hibs

Jonnyboy
03-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Quite ironic that he was the one that picked up 2 yellows, as he spent most of the game moaning to the referee about decisions and trying to get other players booked.

:agree:

NOLA
03-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Apparently Wolves were watching him today. and at the same time revaluing sparky ;)

Hibs Class
03-11-2012, 10:08 PM

Thought he was the best player in the first half. Liked his corner early in the second half as well, in front of the east, when he placed the ball about a foot outside the quadrant and immediately drew howls of derision, just as he drew the ball back and gave a sideways smiling glance to the stand. Deserved to be sent off today but definitely an asset to St Mirren.

marinello59
03-11-2012, 10:24 PM
R
Totally agree tried his heart out and gave his all over stepped the mark ad deservedly got punished for it but would be a great asset to hibs
The guy is a wind up merchant and his sending off today showed just how far we have come under Pat Fenlon. Wasn't it Victor Palsonn* that he sucked in to a feud before, rendering our player ineffective. He tried it on with Doyle and others early on today and got nowhere. Result? He lost it. We don't need him anywhere near our team, we have better. I was delighted to see him walk.

*It may have been Stephens, my memory is ****.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-11-2012, 10:27 PM
R
The guy is a wind up merchant and his sending off today showed just how far we have come under Pat Fenlon. Wasn't it Victor Palsonn* that he sucked in to a feud before, rendering our player ineffective. He tried it on with Doyle and others early on today and got nowhere. Result? He lost it. We don't need him anywhere near our team, we have better. I was delighted to see him walk.

You memory serves wellit was Victor Pee ;)

Jonnyboy
03-11-2012, 10:27 PM
R

Perfect. It was VP :agree:

JIm
03-11-2012, 11:59 PM
The boy McLean played well and he's a hibby 

You sure? He's a Glasgow boy, been at St Mirren from a really young age.

H113EE5
04-11-2012, 07:44 AM

:agree::agree: best player on the park in the first half. Poor in the second and well deserved the early bath.

lucky
04-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Excellent first half but let his team down with his antics. Can't believe Lennon never saw the red coming after all he is the new SAF. Still think Goodwin would do a job at hibs

EuanH78
04-11-2012, 09:24 AM
I like Goodwin as a player, reads the game well and rarely wasteful with the ball.

Does an important job for St.Mirren but thought he lost the head a wee bit today, doesnt make him a bad player mind.

Bossed the midfield in the 1st half, wouldnt be too upset if Hibs went in for him again.

matty_f
04-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Claros>Goodwin :agree:

Aldo
04-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Agree 100% but his tackle on McGirven could easily been a straight red. Also I dont think he made contact with Spoony but the intent was there with his flying elbow. Let his team down as 11v11 we might not have won.

Knee high flying tackle = straight red IMHO

AFKA5814_Hibs
04-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Has picked up a quite impressive 35 yellow cards in 2 and a bit seasons in Scotland, but surprisingly yesterday was his first red.

steakbake
04-11-2012, 11:01 AM
I like Goodwin as a player, reads the game well and rarely wasteful with the ball.

Does an important job for St.Mirren but thought he lost the head a wee bit today, doesnt make him a bad player mind.

Bossed the midfield in the 1st half, wouldnt be too upset if Hibs went in for him again.

Agree with that. He was a bit too much with the elbows and scything tackles but he was a crucial player for them yesterday.

Loved the pantomime villain bit when he took the corner in front of the east stand. Pinched a couple of yards to wind a few folks up then gave a cheeky grin.

monktonharp
04-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Goodwin impressed me, despite his fly kick. And the boy McLean who scored their goal.his first booking was hardly a fly kick was it/ he almost went through our player,and cracked him on the knee-cap in the process.another poster said he had doubts about the elbow incident, so ,was Wootherspoon feigning injury/ haudin' his mooth,but it never really happened? c'mon behave yersel

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2012, 11:55 AM
I thought he was running the show yesterday in the 1st half, but should have been given a straight red for his tackle on McGivern. I have just seen the sending off, and cant see why he was given a 2nd yellow, although the pictures were not the best?

If he was our player we'd love him, because he plays for someone else we dont like him. I'd have him in our squad, he's be a good asset.

whiskyhibby
04-11-2012, 06:21 PM
He had a very good game yesterday ip to the sending off, would be a real good addition for us

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I thought he was running the show yesterday in the 1st half, but should have been given a straight red for his tackle on McGivern. I have just seen the sending off, and cant see why he was given a 2nd yellow, although the pictures were not the best?

If he was our player we'd love him, because he plays for someone else we dont like him. I'd have him in our squad, he's be a good asset.

Happened right in front of me. Was an elbow to Spoony's face. IMO, it was a straight red offence.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Happened right in front of me. Was an elbow to Spoony's face. IMO, it was a straight red offence.

Fair enough, i did not see it at the time, and the tv was inconclusive.

DaveF
04-11-2012, 07:16 PM
The TV highlights are not great so happy to take CWG's point of view that it was deserved.

Even if it wasn't a yellow, he deserved to go for the tackle on McGivern and for generally just being an annoying dickhead.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2012, 07:24 PM
It shows you just how pish our ref's are, if he's been sent off for elbowing Wotherspoon in the face, thats violent conduct and a straight red card, not a 2nd yellow which was his punishment? :confused:

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2012, 07:27 PM
It shows you just how pish our ref's are, if he's been sent off for elbowing Wotherspoon in the face, thats violent conduct and a straight red card, not a 2nd yellow which was his punishment? :confused:

Thing is, though, he didn't see it. It was the assistant who made the call.... and he probably had the same view as I did.

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Thing is, though, he didn't see it. It was the assistant who made the call.... and he probably had the same view as I did.

The linesman today at the Liverpool game, told the ref to red card Collicinni as he did not see the incident, the ref went with the linesmans decision yesterday, while sending him off was the right thing to do, an elbow to the face is a straight red, not a 2nd yellow. Perhaps i should have said our officials are pish? :greengrin