PDA

View Full Version : SPL Title challenge

SteveHFC
03-11-2012, 05:22 PM
After today we are now challenging for the title. Believe :thumbsup:

I'm_cabbaged
03-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Three points clear of the rest does me ;)

SJNB Hibby
03-11-2012, 05:30 PM
After the last couple of seasons, 14 points clear of Relegation suits me....
ONE
STEP
AT
A
TIME

:agree:

SteveHFC
03-11-2012, 05:31 PM
After the last couple of seasons, 14 points clear of Relegation suits me....
ONE
STEP
AT
A
TIME

:agree:

So that's a no from you :greengrin

Diclonius
03-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Celtic have two games in hand against the team third bottom of the league.

2nd does me just fine.

hibee92
03-11-2012, 05:34 PM

Love the optimism, especially after last season, but I'll be overjoyed to see us in a European spot come May.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2012, 05:36 PM

Why not?

Everyone is capable of taking points of each other, anyone who shows a bit consistency, especially at home, has an outside chance.

The longer Celtic stay in Europe the better as well as they'll drop points through fatigue.

It's highly unlikely anyone other than Celtic will win the league but never say never.

Forthview
03-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Challenging for 2nd place yes, today's garbage wont worry Celtic.:greengrin

Thecat23
03-11-2012, 05:38 PM
After the past 3 seasons I'm just delighted we are winning again. If Hibs were even to finish 2nd Pat Fenlon should be knighted lol. Shame Champions league only goes to first. Unless we win it of course ;)

Billy Whizz
03-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Top 6 here we come

Franck Stanton
03-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Aaaaagggggghhhhhhhhh, some people never learn. It's always the same, win a few games and we have posters on here spouting keek about winning the title, lose two [sometimes only one] games and the same people are on here spouting doom and gloom and calling for the managers head. Lets get real chaps, accept that we are doing well and challenging at the right end of the table but be realistic. There are no prizes for being top in November, still a very L O N G way to go. As for todays game, - good three points, hard won, just the type of game we would have lost this time last year. We NEED to get Sparky sigbed up a.s.a.p because without him IMO we would have lost 0-1 today.

ancient hibee
03-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Celtic have dropped a third of the points they've played for-they're not world beaters.

lucky
03-11-2012, 05:57 PM
There will be no SPL challenge, our best hope is 2nd. But outside Dundee every team is as good as each other. Sparky could be the difference between us and the rest.

Ross4356
03-11-2012, 05:58 PM

Get a grip mate

Hiber-nation
03-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Celtic have dropped a third of the points they've played for-they're not world beaters.

But they'll still finish 20 points ahead of everyone. The only thing that might set them back a wee bit is qualifying for the next stage in the Champions League.

I'll be disappointed not to get 2nd though - the original favourites for 2nd and 3rd are struggling (herts and arabs) and surely the likes of Inverness can't keep up their form.

SteveHFC
03-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Get a grip mate

:confused:

I'am joking mate.

renato
03-11-2012, 06:00 PM
There will be no SPL challenge, our best hope is 2nd. But outside Dundee every team is as good as each other. Sparky could be the difference between us and the rest.

Agree with all of that. What a world of difference from last season.

monktonharp
03-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Why not?

Everyone is capable of taking points of each other, anyone who shows a bit consistency, especially at home, has an outside chance.

The longer Celtic stay in Europe the better as well as they'll drop points through fatigue.

It's highly unlikely anyone other than Celtic will win the league but never say never. there has been a bit of a "sea change" in the situation of the SPL just now, given the recent events down Govan way of late, but for a team outwith the Glasgow boundary to win the championship, we would need something more akin to a tsunami (spell check), but nonetheless, the big fight come the end of season should be a lot more interesting this time, than it has been in many a year. let's hope that our club stay the distance, and are in there fighting at the death.

Bostonhibby
03-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Am gonnae review the position after our games between now and Xmas - we are Hibs after all. Never been a more crucial time to keep key players.

Hibercelona
03-11-2012, 10:36 PM

2nd place or less would be sheer disaster. :agree:

But of course.... thats not going to happen as long as we have the green Messi up front. :cb

Sir David Gray
03-11-2012, 10:37 PM
After the horrors of the last couple of seasons, to be sitting where we are at the moment, even if Celtic do have 2 games in hand, is fantastic.

Long may it continue! :flag:

I actually enjoy going to the football nowadays and hate it when I can't go. I was quite relieved when I had an excuse not to go in recent seasons.

GGTTH. :partyhibb

SteveHFC
03-11-2012, 10:41 PM
2nd place or less would be sheer disaster. :agree:

But of course.... thats not going to happen as long as we have the green Messi up front. :cb

:thumbsup: :greengrin

hibsfan7
03-11-2012, 10:45 PM
IF WE DO NOT WIN THE LEAGUE AND CUP DOUBLE
FENLON MUST BE SACKED

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

JIm
03-11-2012, 10:53 PM
FENLON MUST BE SACKED

I agree, Fenlon Out

Hibercelona
03-11-2012, 11:00 PM
FENLON MUST BE SACKED

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Should have been sacked after mucking up the treble.

We're far too forgiving as football fans.

monktonharp
03-11-2012, 11:26 PM
Should have been sacked after mucking up the treble.

We're far too forgiving as football fans.stop being picky, we're only oot o' a diddy cup. it's mair for wee clubs anyway

Cocaine&Caviar
03-11-2012, 11:35 PM
arent we also 3 points off 5th?

Keith_M
04-11-2012, 09:06 AM
But they'll still finish 20 points ahead of everyone. The only thing that might set them back a wee bit is qualifying for the next stage in the Champions League.

I'll be disappointed not to get 2nd though - the original favourites for 2nd and 3rd are struggling (herts and arabs) and surely the likes of Inverness can't keep up their form.

I thought that at the start of the season but I now don't think they will. I agree they are odds on favourites and anyone putting money on another team to win the league would be mad but they're actually not that far ahead of everyone else in terms of quality.

What will make a big difference, as usual, is the January window. We're due to lose our two best players and they could strengthen. If they think another team is a threat, it's not beyond them to put in a bid for the other team's best player/highest scorer (e.g. Sparky) to remove that threat.

monktonharp
04-11-2012, 09:33 AM
If they think another team is a threat, it's not beyond them to put in a bid for the other team's best player/highest scorer (e.g. Sparky) to remove that threat.[/QUOTE] very valid point. they have history on their side for that.

1two
04-11-2012, 09:35 AM
Behave yourself

I know this is tongue in cheek but I thought we were pretty poor yesterda

Ross4356
04-11-2012, 12:29 PM
:confused:

I'am joking mate.

Haha sorry bout that mate