Cocaine&Caviar
03-11-2012, 06:09 PM
hows he done last 2 games?

BroxburnHibee
03-11-2012, 06:10 PM
I thought he done well today

FromTheCapital
03-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Done well today, put in a great challenge on that thug Goodwin aswell!

danhibees1875
03-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Done well but is a very similar player to claros I think. More than adequate replacement until deegan is back though.

Matty_Jack04
03-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Shows how much about opinions football is I thought he was awful today the credit id give him is he never hid and kept on trying willing to give him benefit of the doubt though since he's still working back to fitness

LeighLoyal
03-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Shows how much about opinions football is I thought he was awful today the credit id give him is he never hid and kept on trying willing to give him benefit of the doubt though since he's still working back to fitness

I though Claros was excellent again but Taiwo was a bit of a passenger, maybe still short on fitness but didn't impress me.

Hiber-nation
03-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Very poor 1st half but he wasn't the only one. Came on to a game in the 2nd, looked decent enough.

cam75
03-11-2012, 06:49 PM

When he signed that's what he said "il never stop trying even if I'm off my game"
What a weekend

Matty_Jack04
03-11-2012, 06:50 PM
I though Claros was excellent again but Taiwo was a bit of a passenger, maybe still short on fitness but didn't impress me.

Thought the same about Claros a different man from last season long may it continue

lucky
03-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Early days and still settling into the club. But on the performances so far he is no better than Stevenson

Franck Stanton
03-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Think he does the simple thing very well. Tidies up in the centre of the park, doesn't do the spectacular but every team needs a player like him. Good addition to the squad. Quietly effective without being sensational, hard worker , tackles well and rarely wastes a ball, although a lot of his passes are sideways/backwards in order to keep possession. Needs to add a few forward defence - splitting passes to his game.

Heedersnvolleys
03-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Early days and still settling into the club. But on the performances so far he is no better than Stevenson
Sorry can't agree did you see how off the pace Stevenson was from every other hibs player when he came on to day? Tom was not so good today but I thought he was lot better on Friday.

Billy Whizz
03-11-2012, 07:06 PM

Yup, early days. I always give a new player at least 1/2 season before I make a decision
I think he is a bit behind the rest in fitness, as he missed a pre-season

ancient hibee
03-11-2012, 07:06 PM

Stevenson could have cost us the game with his inability to keep the ball -the only dangerous area he put it into was when he twice played them in down our left because he can't kick the ball with his right foot.Thought it was a poor substitution-if he thought Doyle was tiring he should have brought on another striker and moved Cairney back out to the left.

Hiber-nation
03-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Stevenson could have cost us the game with his inability to keep the ball -the only dangerous area he put it into was when he twice played them in down our left because he can't kick the ball with his right foot.Thought it was a poor substitution-if he thought Doyle was tiring he should have brought on another striker and moved Cairney back out to the left.

Agree - Doyle was having a nightmare but bringing Lewis on to keep the ball wasn't really the best idea.

thebakerboy
03-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Didn't see last weeks game (don't ask sky+ cock up) but wasn't over impressed today although he kept trying , it was a pity that Gary Deegan wasn't there to sort Goodwin. Back to Tom he did have 1 good tackle on said Goodwin but rather reminded me of one Tom Soares from last season and hope like Claros is just taking time to settle in.

LancashireHibby
03-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Jury is out on him as far as I'm concerned, but I'm prepared to give him time given his lack of football since the end of last season. Misplaced far too many simple passes today for my liking but I can see the potential in where he was trying to place his passes etc.

Borderhibbie76
03-11-2012, 07:37 PM

Opinions ah? Thought Stevenson was murder when he camp on personally and to be brutally honest, is no longer good enough for this improved hibs team. Thought taiwo did well but we do miss deegan.

Hibeesforever
03-11-2012, 07:39 PM

Taiwo has the skills but he just kept knocking the ball on today when he should have taken more time and created space. Fortunately we had Claros, otherwise we could have lost the central midfield battle.
Without Deegan, our midfield bench is very very weak.

Hibees07
03-11-2012, 07:42 PM

Couldn't agree more, we totally lost our shape bringing Stevenson on, strange substitution when playing against 10 men and nearly lost us a couple of points IMO.

LancashireHibby
03-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Couldn't agree more, we totally lost our shape bringing Stevenson on, strange substitution when playing against 10 men and nearly lost us a couple of points IMO.
He was effectively a straight swap for Doyle who was playing on the left of a five man midfield from halftime onwards. Credit to Fenlon for seeing how we were being over run in midfield in the first half and reacting to it.

theonlywayisup
03-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Funny, I thought he was one of our better players, on a day when we were not at our best.

Still, I suppose it is Hibs.net style to knock him after 2 games.

I think he will continue to improve, the more games he plays.

Hibees07
03-11-2012, 07:48 PM
He was effectively a straight swap for Doyle who was playing on the left of a five man midfield from halftime onwards. Credit to Fenlon for seeing how we were being over run in midfield in the first half and reacting to it.

Yep, the switch worked well but the substitution didn't.

Matty_Jack04
03-11-2012, 07:50 PM
Funny, I thought he was one of our better players, on a day when we were not at our best.

Nobody is knocking him most have said about settling in and his fitness people are giving an opinion on a question asked by the OP

AlbertK86
03-11-2012, 07:52 PM
couldn't make it today but was at Motherwell last week and thought he was excellent.

Won nearly every tackle and barely misplaced any passes. He and Claros fought like demons and protected the back 4 very well

Hibees07
03-11-2012, 07:54 PM
On the subject of Taiwo, I was a bit disappointed with him today after a decent performance against Motherwell.

It's early day's though and he had a tough/physical opponent in Goodwin.

William's was my MOTM, he is a brilliant shot stopper and saved 2 or 3 certain goals.

theonlywayisup
03-11-2012, 08:01 PM
Nobody is knocking him most have said about settling in and his fitness people are giving an opinion on a question asked by the OP

:hmmm:

Golden Bear
03-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Unspectacular but quietly efficient.

--------
03-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Unspectacular but quietly efficient.

:agree: Against Motherwell I thought he did pretty well, quietly efficient, but when he did break forward he looked good.

This was only his second game; I don't think we should be rushing to judgement this early in his time at the club.

Alfred E Newman
03-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Yep, the switch worked well but the substitution didn't.

We held on for a win so you could say it did work.

Matty_Jack04
03-11-2012, 08:59 PM
:hmmm:

Awful today....benefit of the doubt as he's still working on fitness :cb

hardly knocking him mate is it, for knocking please see any Stevenson Nish or hanlon threads

Vault Boy
03-11-2012, 09:46 PM
I liked what I saw of him on Friday. Didn't shy away from anything, be it a tackle or receiving a pass. Great potential to be a popular player here, right attitude and times his challenges superbly. Tom will get better throughout the season, no bother. :aok:

hibs0666
03-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Here's me thinking we won. Hey Ho maybe I was wrong.

Purehibee_MYB
03-11-2012, 10:05 PM
Here's me thinking we won. Hey Ho maybe I was wrong.

Exactly my thoughts.

Let's give the guy some credit for helping us grind out a result today.. I was there and I must say I thought like some have said that he was quietly efficient.. made some mistakes in the first half and late in the second half when we were under pressure but most of our boys did.. but we came out of it with 3 points!

Shrekko
03-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Sorry can't agree did you see how off the pace Stevenson was from every other hibs player when he came on to day? Tom was not so good today but I thought he was lot better on Friday.

Agree with this and I was thinking when he came on that Lewis looked an absolute fish out of water in this new team. A good sign of progress seeing as he was apparently our best player last season. Taiwo is miles better frankly and is just settling in.

Saorsa
04-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Lad done ok today, needs time tae settle, lets give him time and lets no find somebody new tae pick on. Claros took time, he settled, he's doing ok. Lets give the new lad a chance, he's no done much wrong yet. 'mon the Hibs

ahibby
04-11-2012, 08:23 AM
I didn't think he was good yesterday he tried a couple of long passes which came no where near the players he was trying for. From the way he was looking at the bench and his body language went, he was aware he was a bit off. On the other hand I give him 10/10 for effort; he worked hard. As for Stevenson, I'm sure he is better than that, I hope so anyway. Was yesterday his first appearance for a while; is he returning from injury or was he just dropped?

Sammy7nil
04-11-2012, 11:17 AM
I liked what I saw of him on Friday. Didn't shy away from anything, be it a tackle or receiving a pass. Great potential to be a popular player here, right attitude and times his challenges superbly. Tom will get better throughout the season, no bother. :aok:

Did not see him yesterday but on Friday I thought he was not far off MOM and was better than Claros on that night.

steakbake
04-11-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm willing to give him just a wee bit longer, eh?

Great last Friday, not so brilliant yesterday but we still won.

St Mirren were good at closing our MF down. Claros and Taiwo didn't get much room and they were forced into making some fairly hopeful passes, many which didn't turn out well. Let's see how he gets on next week.

theonlywayisup
04-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Bit early for a song for Tom Taiwo, but if there was one it has to be to this tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLqdRmwY6vc&feature=related

'Cause I told you once
Now I told you twice
We gon' rip it up
Tommy Taiwo, Tommy Taiwo

Viva_Palmeiras
04-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Lad done ok today, needs time tae settle, lets give him time and lets no find somebody new tae pick on. Claros took time, he settled, he's doing ok. Lets give the new lad a chance, he's no done much wrong yet. 'mon the Hibs

Its the way to go. Praise and support versus pelters and (as bizarrely justified by the odd few) abuse.

Its a confidence game in the main and with our future being youth we'll need a fair bit of patience.

Matty_Jack04
04-11-2012, 04:57 PM

I'd just like to point out I'm in no way singling Tom out as the new contender for abuse, I no your post wasn't aimed at me directly but because I critisized him thought I should comment, I'm not saying he won't come on to a game all I was saying was that he wasn't good yesterday in response to the OP question, although I didn't think he played well I liked how he stuck at it and kept trying there where many occasions last year when players would hide when things weren't going there way and I like the attitude he showed, hopefully when he gets upto speed fitness wise we'll see the best of him

ginger_rice
04-11-2012, 05:24 PM
On the subject of Taiwo, I was a bit disappointed with him today after a decent performance against Motherwell.

It's early day's though and he had a tough/physical opponent in Goodwin.

William's was my MOTM, he is a brilliant shot stopper and saved 2 or 3 certain goals.

:agree: He had me out of my seat several times with crucial stops.

NAE NOOKIE
04-11-2012, 05:39 PM
TT was OK yesterday, but didnt really stand out. As has been said, you cant judge a player on two starts so I for one am happy to give the guy more time.

Thought Claros was excellent in the 2nd half yesterday and along with Williams a real contender for MOM.

Whatever ... If we play against Dundee Utd like we did in the first half on Saturday I guarantee you it wont be one all at half time, next Sunday. I sure hope PF gave them a rocket at half time because the first half on Saturday was exactly the sort of performance we have been trying to get rid of .... that was as close as we have come to a last season type effort at ER this season ...... it cant be allowed.

thebakerboy
04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Just watched the highlights from yesterday on Hibs TV and I have to change my opinion of TT a little because a couple of incidents that I thought were Claros showed on tv to be TT so will take a bit back and hope he does develop loke Jorge. My problem is that from my perch at the back of the FF their build , skin colour and running style is similar so I was crediting all the good stuff to Jorge , but not so on TV.

JimBHibees
04-11-2012, 07:55 PM

Spot on the boy did ok and is playing his third game or so. Has more athleticism than Deegan but isnt as good a player as him however a very good addition to the squad and will only get better. He certainly wasnt awful that is for sure.

Stevie Reid
05-11-2012, 11:55 AM
We have won 2 of the 3 games that he has started (2 away) and scored 8 goals in them.

Safe to say he has fitted in well so far, I'm pleased with what I have seen and believe he will get better.