PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v St. Mirren - who was your MOTM?

theonlywayisup
03-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Did not play that well today, but we will take the three points.

Thought Williams kept us in the game and in the lead once we got it. He was my MOTM.

Griffiths was great for his goals, too.

Mon Dieu4
03-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Williams made some good stops and Griffiths bagged a couple but man of the match for me today was Spoony, though he was excellent

Westie1875
03-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Williams for me

SteveHFC
03-11-2012, 04:54 PM
McGivern

Bob Box Fish
03-11-2012, 04:56 PM
Griffiths

brydekirk
03-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Williams, some great saves.

Billy Whizz
03-11-2012, 05:43 PM
I know Griffiths will win due to his 2 goals, but for me our 2 best players were Williams and Cairney

Pretty Boy
03-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Griffiths for his 2 goals.

Williams a close second for a couple of saves that were as good as goals.

deekster
03-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Sparky for me .

Hit post twice ,Scored twice, some neat flicks and touches to make chances and apart from a couple of slack crosses i though he was on top form in a game of limited chances
especially in the first half.:top marks

proud_and_green
03-11-2012, 05:59 PM
I've gone for williams, but could quite easily have been Griffiths.

I said to my daughter that we had forgotten what a good keeper was. there were a couple of points in the second half where last season we would have conceeded. The difference was a keeper who is not afraid to come out and commanded his 6 yard box. There was a point where they were coming down our right and the ball was crossed in low and he came out went down and caught it in side the 6 yard box.

Because we seem now to have a proper goalie - and goalies seldom get the plaudits they deserve i'm going for Williams.

Really happy today, not a brilliant first half but the team didn't give up and drew confidence as the game went on, i thought they (st mirren) were a decent team and we showed some real spirit.

Franck Stanton
03-11-2012, 06:03 PM
Griffiths played well, scored twice, hit woodwork twice, generally made a real pest of himself for entire game, Spoony played well - especially second half, Williams, made some great saves which, as someone has posted already, were just as important as Sparkys goals, however....voted for Claros, who, imo had a great game [again], can now see why he is nicknamed "The Pit-Bull", was class personified in everything he did today, hope we can keep hold of him.

ScottB
03-11-2012, 07:02 PM
I thought McGivern was great today, maybe because it's the first game I have made it too this season and it comes from comparing him to that lazy pr*ck Docherty from last year...

Sparky too of course, could have had 5 today!

Cauld Bovril
03-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Went for Griffiths but Claros was good too, he always seems to have time on the ball and got stuck into the tackles. Here`s hoping they both stay past January.

Golden Bear
03-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Only one answer for me - Williams.

A faultless performance throughout and he kept us in the game with two brilliant saves before they scored the opening goal.

:thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
03-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Spoony for me, with honourable mentions for Griffiths, McGivern and Williams.

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Griffiths by a mile, without him we dont win. Petrie, sign the lad please. :pray: