PDA

View Full Version : NHC Holloway accepts Palace job

Craig_in_Prague
03-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Done really well with Blackpool, guess they'll be sad to see him go.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Seems a strange decision.

Are Palace not a bit unstable financially?

zlatan
03-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Strange move for him. Given the location of his home to help his daughters I'm surprised he's going to work in London as well.

Ho hum, not that arsed but still.

HH81
03-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Always liked IH and thought he was funny. What a stupid move though.

SJNB Hibby
03-11-2012, 11:42 AM
Big Palace fan, but I don't get this at all. Palace are out of their financial troubles, and playing quite well, with obviously some good youngsters, but if they got promoted they could beat Derby's record for fewest points in a season.

Confused:confused:

surreyhibbie
03-11-2012, 12:40 PM
My local team now, I suppose. Should be fun with all Palace fans round here.

I like him, he is a nut job, always good for a laugh. Not sure about his managerial ability though....

paul_hfc3
03-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm a Palace fan and I'm cheesing with this deal. Sad that DF left since he was doing class. But this is a brilliant replacement, bit of a gamble I'm assuming this deal means Crystal Palace are gonna make a go off things and aim for promotion, but fair play to the board we are in top form atm hopefully IH can keep it going. Proper character as well.

Always liked IH and thought he was funny. What a stupid move though.

How is it a stupid move? Crystal Palace are 4th in the Championship. With good players with a lot of potential to be even more better players. Also one of the best things teams like man utd or city can not buy, location. London is a massive selling point for players and managers, capital of Great Britain be difficult to turn that down.

LancashireHibby
03-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm a Palace fan and I'm cheesing with this deal. Sad that DF left since he was doing class.
Can't blame Dougie for wanting to move to a bigger club :wink:

Haymaker
03-11-2012, 06:10 PM
London

London? Palace are a small team from Croydon! :wink:

SJNB Hibby
03-11-2012, 06:28 PM
London? Palace are a small team from Croydon! :wink:

I used to live there in the 70's and they advertised themselves athe 6th largest city in England
FWIW Like

Haymaker
04-11-2012, 12:23 AM
I used to live there in the 70's and they advertised themselves athe 6th largest city in England
FWIW Like

I grew up around Croydon and dislike Palace and anything to do with them. More delusional than the Mutants in some cases who have had to create a "rivalry" with Brighton because none of the London teams care enough about them! :agree:

CalgaryHibs
04-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Done really well with Blackpool, guess they'll be sad to see him go.

Your correct Craig what he did there was amazing,but I"m glad he has moved to a bigger club .

blackpoolhibs
04-11-2012, 12:59 PM
He apparently fell out with the Oystons who own the club. He wanted a longer contract than the rolling one year one he had, but was refused.

He also wanted more money to spend, and was again refused. Saying that he has a squad of 42, more than most i'd imagine.

The natives are not happy down here. :greengrin