PDA

View Full Version : Pat Fenlon

Hibeesmad
02-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Is anybody else worried that clubs will be sniffing about if we keep up the good work, I think paddy is the best manager we have had in years and would be disappointed to see him go!

Hibercelona
02-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Is anybody else worried that clubs will be sniffing about if we keep up the good work, I think paddy is the best manager we have had in years and would be disappointed to see him go!

He's barely even got here, why would clubs be sniffing around for him already?

Besides, theres still plenty of time for us to screw up somewhere.

lord bunberry
02-11-2012, 05:03 PM

Its to early for that he would have to continue the good work for a while yet before teams start taking note

Squealing pig
02-11-2012, 05:10 PM
He will be at Celtic in next few seasons hopefully longer but hell b there. And no stopping him there If he wants to go higher.

Jones28
02-11-2012, 05:16 PM
He will be at Celtic in next few seasons hopefully longer but hell b there. And no stopping him there If he wants to go higher.

Because he's a boyhood Celtic supporter as he's Irish yes?

.Sean.
02-11-2012, 05:22 PM
As far as i'm aware Fenlon is a Celtic supporter.

NORTHERNHIBBY
02-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Of all the people getting carried away by what Fenlon has done with us so far, I think that Fenlon himself would be least impressed. i have no doubt he will go on to bigger and better things, but no for a while yet.

Pretty Boy
02-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Way too early for other clubs to take a chance on Pat imo.

Dont get me wrong, I like the guy and can see what he's trying to do. However we still have a long way to go, not that I'm not enjoying what I'm seeing at the minute. Personally i think Pat found the step up to the SPL a bigger than he thought and he's still learning, maybe too early for him to take another step up.

In saying all that I believe in what he's doing and fully believe he will continue to improve us.

Franck Stanton
02-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Way too early for other clubs to take a chance on Pat imo.

Dont get me wrong, I like the guy and can see what he's trying to do. However we still have a long way to go, not that I'm not enjoying what I'm seeing at the minute. Personally i think Pat found the step up to the SPL a bigger than he thought and he's still learning, maybe too early for him to take another step up.

In saying all that I believe in what he's doing and fully believe he will continue to improve us.

This :top marks

Phil D. Rolls
02-11-2012, 06:01 PM

:hmmm: There's always people sniffing around.

Diclonius
02-11-2012, 06:03 PM

Used to go to quite a lot of their games.

Hibercelona
02-11-2012, 06:12 PM

Used to go to quite a lot of their games.

Where/when has it ever been mentioned that he's a Celtic fan?

LeighLoyal
02-11-2012, 06:21 PM
He's done well but we're still on the same points as Aberdeen and St J so let's not get carried away. An improvement over the Mixu/Yogi/CC years woudn't be hard, would it?

stoneyburn hibs
02-11-2012, 06:22 PM

Yes and Yes , ironic eh ?

MSK
02-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Where/when has it ever been mentioned that he's a Celtic fan?Here .. http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/pat-fenlon-followed-celtic-in-youth-but-hibs-win-is-sole-concern-now-1-2123994

Fenlon said: “Everybody in Ireland has an affinity to Celtic and that’s just the way it is, it’s just my club. My father Pat was a Celtic fan and like most people, it goes down through generations.

“My dad was a football man, he liked Preston North End and Celtic was his team in Scotland.

“Growing up in Ireland at that time there was probably only Liverpool and Manchester United, and Celtic was the only Scottish team.

“You didn’t get any matches on TV, you had the papers and you got a glimpse of the Scottish Cup final after the English Cup final until the 90s, when they started showing more games.

“I’ve not seen Celtic much at all over the last few years, probably once in the last three years.

“Previous to that I was coming more although it’s difficult when you’re playing and managing as well,” added the former Bohemians manager

Jones28
02-11-2012, 06:28 PM
See...telt yez! ;)

Hibercelona
02-11-2012, 06:45 PM
Here .. http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/sport/football/pat-fenlon-followed-celtic-in-youth-but-hibs-win-is-sole-concern-now-1-2123994

Fenlon said: “Everybody in Ireland has an affinity to Celtic and that’s just the way it is, it’s just my club. My father Pat was a Celtic fan and like most people, it goes down through generations.

“My dad was a football man, he liked Preston North End and Celtic was his team in Scotland.

“Growing up in Ireland at that time there was probably only Liverpool and Manchester United, and Celtic was the only Scottish team.

“You didn’t get any matches on TV, you had the papers and you got a glimpse of the Scottish Cup final after the English Cup final until the 90s, when they started showing more games.

“I’ve not seen Celtic much at all over the last few years, probably once in the last three years.

“Previous to that I was coming more although it’s difficult when you’re playing and managing as well,” added the former Bohemians manager

Fair enough. :greengrin

It's quite understandable that plenty of Irish people may take an interest in Celtic, even if they never see any of the games.

It's a shame though, because if they ever did see any of the games, they would know what a bunch of fuds Celtic were.

iainm
02-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I thought he was a scout for Sellik a few years ago? If he ends up there - fair enough - as long as he has 'managed Hibs to a Scottish cup wn' on his CV

S.sct
02-11-2012, 08:04 PM
He's going nowhere, nothing achieved yet ( but progressing well).

jdships
02-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Question !
With the number of managers , many with good track records ,who are out of work why would Fenlon be a target at this stage in his career ?
At the end of the day all he has achieved is keeping us in the SPL , and getting to a Cup Final ( least said etc) .
This is a only his first step on the ladder of working with the big boys.
I for one think he will achieve what he set out to do at ER and put the club back in the top two or three on a regular basis .
Unfortunately " seven days is a long time " in football as well as politics , so one never knows what might happen for him :greengrin

Ozyhibby
02-11-2012, 08:57 PM
This is crazy talk on this thread. I'm sure John Collins had us top of the league after a similar amount of games and was gone within the year.
Things have improved but our defence is still soft as. Defeat tomorrow will have folk calling for his head again.
There has undoubtedly been progress but the stupidity of putting out weakened team in the league cup and the cup final mean I'm yet to be convinced with Pat.
Still, if we go top tomorrow and stay there till may then someone's bound to take notice.

Sir David Gray
02-11-2012, 09:09 PM
He's only been here for 12 months so I'd like to think he'll be with us for some time yet.

There's no doubt we're in a better place now as a club than we were on the day that he came in. We have a better squad, a stronger mentality and we are a far better footballing side than we were this time last year.

However we are still a very long way off from where I think we should be and he's not achieved anything yet as Hibs manager. I would like to think that if there were any interested clubs sniffing about, he would knock them back at the moment and concentrate on the job he's got here.

AlbertK86
02-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Where/when has it ever been mentioned that he's a Celtic fan?

He has said himself he supported them and went to park head on occasion

Sir David Gray
02-11-2012, 09:14 PM
He has said himself he supported them and went to park head on occasion

Nobody's perfect...:wink:

SMAXXA
02-11-2012, 10:28 PM
He's going nowhere, nothing achieved yet ( but progressing well).

:agree: Sometimes less is more and you hit the nail on the noggin

Eyrie
02-11-2012, 10:57 PM
As a Fenlon fan I'd like his contract to be reviewed at the end of this season but not before. There will still be a year left at that point.

essexhibee
02-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Need to calm down a bit I think. He has improved us greatly from last season but where we end up at the end of the season will show us how good he really is. :agree:

Wotherspiniesta
02-11-2012, 11:16 PM
This is crazy talk on this thread. I'm sure John Collins had us top of the league after a similar amount of games and was gone within the year.
Things have improved but our defence is still soft as. Defeat tomorrow will have folk calling for his head again.
There has undoubtedly been progress but the stupidity of putting out weakened team in the league cup and the cup final mean I'm yet to be convinced with Pat.
Still, if we go top tomorrow and stay there till may then someone's bound to take notice.

Who?

The same person that wanted someone sacked after we got beat by Ross County, presumably.

Basically, bedwetters.

heid the baw
02-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Personally, having seen Brechin a few times, I wanted Michael O'Neill. Ex Hibby ect.

No-one will be sniffing about Pat for a while which is a good thing, but O'Neill is going places Fenlon will never go IMO.

Peevemor
03-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Personally, having seen Brechin a few times, I wanted Michael O'Neill. Ex Hibby ect.

No-one will be sniffing about Pat for a while which is a good thing, but O'Neill is going places Fenlon will never go IMO.

Arbroath? Stenhousemuir?

greenlex
03-11-2012, 08:50 AM

Aye it's more likely the ROI job than Michaels Noniron job.