PDA

View Full Version : Mark McCabe

EskbankHibby
02-11-2012, 11:46 AM
There will be many on this board who knew Mark better than me.

He was a massive Hibby and will be sorely missed by all his family and friends, an absolute gentleman there was an enormous turnout for his funeral this morning.

Not a dry eye in the house as Sunshine On Leith was played at the end and was proud to see Rod Petrie at the service and the graveside for the burial representing our great club.

RIP Mark.

renato
02-11-2012, 11:51 AM
RIP big man, really sad day

vein
02-11-2012, 11:55 AM

He was a massive Hibby and will be sorely missed by all his family and friends, an absolute gentleman there was an enormous turnout for his funeral this morning.

Not a dry eye in the house as Sunshine On Leith was played at the end and was proud to see Rod Petrie at the service and the graveside for the burial representing our great club.

RIP Mark.

I was there this morning too and like you wont have known him as well as many people, I echo what you said about the turnout, the place was packed out for him. I hadnt seen Mark for many years but remember him as being a great laugh when we were on a mid season break in Tobago.

RIP Mark

Mark79
02-11-2012, 12:00 PM

RIP Mark.

I work in the same area in widows as mark did and was goimg to just post the very same. I didnt attend the funeral as their were far more people here that new mark more than I did. Very nice touch indeed with rod making an appearance.

Blaster
02-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I also worked beside Mark at SW for around 15 years. The nicest, friendliest & most genuine guy I ever met. Always a smile on his face.

Todays turnout showed how popular a gentleman he was.

RIP Mark

The Voice Of Reason
02-11-2012, 01:57 PM
I also worked beside Mark at SW for around 15 years. The nicest, friendliest & most genuine guy I ever met. Always a smile on his face.

Todays turnout showed how popular a gentleman he was.

RIP Mark

Did Mark have a big brother called Kevin ?

If so, I knew him (nice guy) and am very sad to hear this news.

Blaster
02-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Did Mark have a big brother called Kevin ?

If so, I knew him (nice guy) and am very sad to hear this news.

Yes, he did mate

The Voice Of Reason
02-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Yes, he did mate

Thanks - very sad news.

God be with him.

PJ IronHIbee
02-11-2012, 07:36 PM
RIP Mark - You stuck with the Hibees through thick & thin. Your sudden death puts football into perspective. My thoughts are with Nic and your family.

GGTTH

johnbc70
02-11-2012, 08:07 PM
I never knew Mark but he was a few years above me at school (St Tams) and was in my sister's year. Really nice obituary here (http://announce.jpress.co.uk/20758266?s_source=jpsc_scot_een). RIP.

soupy
03-11-2012, 06:25 AM
RIP Mark, miss you mate....

bathhibby
03-11-2012, 12:12 PM
RIP Mark a top guy who always had a chat with me when I visited The Harp & Castle before a match
GGTTH

Twiglet
03-11-2012, 06:53 PM
Hi

I didn't know Mark at all, but my condolences to his family and friends.
I sit in the west lower today and saw the banner that Section 43 had, I took the picture below for those friends who were holding it/not able to attend today so you can see your lovely tribute to him. :)

(I hope it comes up ok, I reduced the size as much as possible, but I have another one which is bigger if that would be better).

bathhibby
03-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Hi

I sit in the west lower today and saw the banner that Section 43 had, I took the picture below for those friends who were holding it/not able to attend today so you can see your lovely tribute to him. :)

(I hope it comes up ok, I reduced the size as much as possible, but I have another one which is bigger if that would be better).
Great Phot - cheers

Billy Whizz
03-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Hi

As they say, there's class, 1st class and Hibs class
Well done to all

Chuck Rhoades
03-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Shakey arms holding it up as I read the message on the messageboard.

Allez allez

ZS DOOM
03-11-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi

Can you pm me the fullsize one? Cheers

Twiglet
03-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Can you pm me the fullsize one? Cheers

I've tried to PM you the photo, but can't work out how to attach it.
The file's too big to put on here, I could maybe email it to you if you PM an email address.

Cat

NOLA
03-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I never knew Mark but he was a few years above me at school (St Tams) and was in my sister's year. Really nice obituary here (http://announce.jpress.co.uk/20758266?s_source=jpsc_scot_een). RIP.
was a few years above me in st Tams too, sad loss