PDA

View Full Version : Your Best Black XI

ChooseLife
02-11-2012, 05:30 AM
Inspired by the 'ginger eleven' thread i remember reading on here a couple years ago plus all the racism we've been hearing about over the last few weeks, who is your best black eleven?, players must currently play, mainly due to Pele and Ronaldo!

hibsfan7
02-11-2012, 05:58 AM
JUST PLAYED FOR HIBS
MAKALAMBY
DEL LA CRUZ
BAMBA
DICKOH
KUJABI
AGATHE
LATAPY
ROCASTLE
OSBOURNE
DONALDSON
VAZ TE:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees:hibees

CB_NO3
02-11-2012, 06:08 AM
4-3-3
Al Habsi
Cafu
R.Carlos
Rio Ferdinand
Marcel Desailly
Viera
Yaya Toure
Makalele.
Pele
Drogba
Ronaldo

Pete
02-11-2012, 06:11 AM
Who is going to be in the whites only team that plays them?

CB_NO3
02-11-2012, 06:17 AM
Too early for me lol, just read players must still play.
Al Habsi
Maicon
A.Cole
Rio
V.Kompany
Alex Song
Yaya Toure
Michael Essien
Thierry Henry
Drogba
Eto

Subs, Nani, Aaron Lennon, Seedorf, Super Mario, Marcello

hibbill2002
02-11-2012, 06:27 AM
JUST PLAYED FOR HIBS
MAKALAMBY
DEL LA CRUZ
BAMBA
DICKOH
KUJABI
AGATHE
LATAPY
ROCASTLE
OSBOURNE
DONALDSON

yi forgot big Jim!

cocopops1875
02-11-2012, 06:31 AM
yi forgot big Jim!

And wee kev

cocteautwin
02-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Ryan Giggs has got to be in there somewhere.

WellingtonHibby
02-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Why has no one mentioned hong kong thierry or the mali magician? !?!

ChooseLife
02-11-2012, 08:29 AM
I don't watch much Premiership football, do you guys think Al Habsi is better than Dida?

ronaldo7
02-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Does Ian Black count

deeks01
02-11-2012, 09:34 AM

Whites only? You fascist... ;).

This is a thinker -

Carlos Kameni (he was good in fm)

Evra
Pepe
Kompany
Maicon

Walcott
Yaya Toure
Alex Song
Nani

Drogba
Adebayor

poolman
02-11-2012, 09:53 AM
I don't watch much Premiership football, do you guys think Al Habsi is better than Dida?

Al Habsi is one great goalkeeper

I was surprised he wasn't picked up by a more "fashionable" team in the last window :agree:

Jones28
02-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte

Part/Time Supporter
02-11-2012, 10:21 AM

John Terry would be captain

:wink:

Another possible black goalkeeper would be Vincent Enyeama. He had a blinder for Nigeria against Argentina in the last World Cup; turned what should have been an absolute pounding into a 1-0 defeat.

Keith_M
02-11-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm amazed nobody quoted David Beckham (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-172057/Beckham-new-black.html) for entry into the team.

The_Exile
02-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte
Konte

We all dream of a team of Amadous, a team of Amadous, a team of Amadous..........:jmcp:

Hibercelona
02-11-2012, 11:48 AM
We all dream of a team of Amadous, a team of Amadous, a team of Amadous..........:jmcp:

Would have been an improvement over last seasons starting 11. :wink:

muzzhfc
02-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Whites only? You fascist... ;).

This is a thinker -

Carlos Kameni (he was good in fm)

Evra
Pepe
Kompany
Maicon

Walcott
Yaya Toure
Alex Song
Nani

Drogba
Adebayor

You would have Walcott over Valencia??

Mark79
02-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Maka
Zarabi
Kujabi
Boco
Hkt
Noubissie
Sar temsoury
Agogo
Jean
Pinau
Konte

joe_hfc
02-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Apologies if this sounds padantic but...is this none-caucasian players, or black players i.e. African black.. because to me Pepe, Carlos, Cafu, Ronaldo etc really aren't black. They're hispanic! We should upload a dulux colour chart to encourage transparency to the matter in question :dunno:

Minty Mike
02-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Inspired by the 'ginger eleven' thread i remember reading on here a couple years ago plus all the racism we've been hearing about over the last few weeks, who is your best black eleven?, players must currently play, mainly due to Pele and Ronaldo!

The best black XI has to be:

MAKALAMBY
DEL LA CRUZ
BAMBA
DICKOH
Qafzeh
AGATHE
LATAPY
Rodell Vereen
Vaz Te
DONALDSON

:aok:

Scott Allan Key
02-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Apologies if this sounds padantic but...is this none-caucasian players, or black players i.e. African black.. because to me Pepe, Carlos, Cafu, Ronaldo etc really aren't black. They're hispanic! We should upload a dulux colour chart to encourage transparency to the matter in question :dunno:

And Al-Habsi is an Arab, like Zemmama and Benjelloun, not African black. Who can be included? Tom Taiwo has a Nigerian grandfather. Can he be included?

DH1875
02-11-2012, 02:06 PM

Exactly. I'm surprised this thread has even got this far as it's bound to offend someone.

Mikeystewart
02-11-2012, 02:07 PM
JUST PLAYED FOR HIBS
MAKALAMBY
DEL LA CRUZ
BAMBA
DICKOH
KUJABI
AGATHE
LATAPY
ROCASTLE
OSBOURNE
DONALDSON

No Kevin Harper ?!
Or Konte... Stunned

:bitchy:

DAVE1875
02-11-2012, 02:10 PM
One's still playing-

Steve Mandanda

Maicon
Vincent Kompany
Anderson Vital da Silva aka Dede (Absolute beast in FM, was going to have Thiago Silva but alot of people don't classify him as black)
Ashley Cole

Antonio Valencia
Yaya Toure
Kevin-Prince Boateng
Nani

Didier Drogba
Robinho

Minty Mike
02-11-2012, 02:15 PM
No Kevin Harper ?!
Or Konte... Stunned

:bitchy:

Equally surprised that Rodell Vereen wasn't included - he was some player. :confused:

DH1875
02-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Daniel Alves
Anderson Vital da Silva aka Dede (Absolute beast in FM, was going to have Thiago Silva but alot of people don't classify him as black)
Neymar

I don't get that at all :confused:. If Thiago Silva isn't black, how comes Dani Alves and Neymar are?

DAVE1875
02-11-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't get that at all :confused:. If Thiago Silva isn't black, how comes Dani Alves and Neymar are?

Happy now?

DH1875
02-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Happy now?

Indeed :aok:.

hibsbollah
02-11-2012, 02:48 PM
One's still playing-

Steve Mandanda

Maicon
Vincent Kompany
Ashley Cole

Antonio Valencia
Yaya Toure
Kevin-Prince Boateng
Nani

Didier Drogba
Robinho

Great shout for Mandanda :agree: how Lloris gets a game in front of him for France is a mystery...

Minty Mike
02-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Great shout for Mandanda :agree: how Lloris gets a game in front of him for France is a mystery...

Surely Rodell Vereen should be in this squad?

Hibeesmad
02-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Kujabi
Kujabi
Kujabi
Kujabi
Kujabi
Kujabi
Kujabi
Kujabi
Kujabi
Kujabi
Thicot :D

GGTTH. Bring on the saints

SteveHFC
02-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Makalamby

Gathuessi
Bamba
Dickoh
Kujabi

Harper
Soares
Noubissie
Andrews

Konte
Konte

Bostonhibby
02-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Nade anyone? Certainly gave me a lot of entertainment.

heretoday
02-11-2012, 07:39 PM

Willie Hamilton obviously.

Jonnyboy
02-11-2012, 08:54 PM
Al Habsi is one great goalkeeper

I was surprised he wasn't picked up by a more "fashionable" team in the last window :agree:

A lot of his early coaching, before he came to the UK, was courtesy of one John Burridge so I'd imagine Al Habsi says to Terry when facing Chelsea "Come into my box and I'll break your back"

:greengrin

deeks01
02-11-2012, 10:00 PM
You would have Walcott over Valencia??

In all honesty I never even thought about Valencia , or nani for that matter , both of whom I would have ahead of Walcott who I believe to be vastly over-rated most of the time. Now that I think about it there are several players I'd change but I will be a man and stick with my original squad ;)!

On the who is black/arab/asian/tanned front it did occur to me that several players mentioned weren't technically coming under the definition of 'black' however I didn't want to be 'that guy' and went with the flow!

There are a lot of these 'ultimate *insert specification* XI' about just now and it occurs to me that you could (probably not 100% sure) do some sort of online tournament using football manager and an edited database. Say you let the thread run a bit then do a poll to see the 4 best teams , when you have that start a tournament with those 4 teams at a semi final stage and play it out from there. Not for a moment suggesting doing this every thread like this (if its even possible) but for a couple of them it could be interesting. Could also be very problematic and time consuming I'd imagine. What's the verdict? Anyone fancy it?

heidtheba
02-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Kevin Harper - shame his career went on the slide so soon and that he did some really stupid things (from what I've heard but willing to be told otherwise). Cracking wee player back in 94 when I got my first season ticket.

ChooseLife
03-11-2012, 12:09 AM

I was going to say R. Ferdinand and darker in the OP, but your idea sounds much better :greengrin

Cropley10
03-11-2012, 08:15 AM

Fat Ronaldo isn't Hispanic. Brazil has never been Spanish, it's closest to Portuguese and the modern use of Hispanic is "association with Spain". Africans were enslaved and were transported to Brazil and the Carribean, that's why some Brazilians have African, West African heritage, in the same way many black British players do too.

heretoday
03-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Kevin Harper - shame his career went on the slide so soon and that he did some really stupid things (from what I've heard but willing to be told otherwise). Cracking wee player back in 94 when I got my first season ticket.

I will be ever grateful for his goal to beat Hearts in a derby circa 1997/98. I found myself singing "Walking in a Harper wonderland".

joe_hfc
03-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Fat Ronaldo isn't Hispanic. Brazil has never been Spanish, it's closest to Portuguese and the modern use of Hispanic is "association with Spain". Africans were enslaved and were transported to Brazil and the Carribean, that's why some Brazilians have African, West African heritage, in the same way many black British players do too.

The term Hispanic stems itself from ancient Hispania, which is the Portugese, Spannish, Andorran and Gillbratese regions... according to the ever factual Wikipedia!! I would have him as Hispanic over Black.. If I had to choose a race for him!

Macaroon
03-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Steve Mandanda

Maicon Naldo Samba Cole

Ramires Y.Toure A.Song

Neymar

Remy - Demba Ba

FromTheCapital
03-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Mandanda

Maicon
Kompany
Thiago Silva/Dede
Cole

Valencia
Yaya Toure
KP Boateng
Marcelo

Neymar
Balotelli

Squealing pig
03-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Makalamby
Jimmy boco
Bamba
Dickoh
De la cruz

Agathe
Latapy
Rocastle
Rougier

Sodgie
Harper

heidtheba
03-11-2012, 02:28 PM
I will be ever grateful for his goal to beat Hearts in a derby circa 1997/98. I found myself singing "Walking in a Harper wonderland".

I was gutted that I couldn't make that game. He had Neil Pointon in his back pocket for the entire 90 mins.

hibsbollah
03-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Matt Doumbe over Dickoh everytime.

VickMackie
03-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Makalele forgotten about already!

I love these sort of threads. You remember so many great players you'd forgotten about.

heidtheba
03-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Makalele forgotten about already!

I love these sort of threads. You remember so many great players you'd forgotten about.

Def! I'd also have Marcel Desailly and George Weah in my list!

Cropley10
03-11-2012, 04:07 PM
The term Hispanic stems itself from ancient Hispania, which is the Portugese, Spannish, Andorran and Gillbratese regions... according to the ever factual Wikipedia!! I would have him as Hispanic over Black.. If I had to choose a race for him!

Trust me Pele and Ronaldo etc don't have Hispanic roots.

Read what Wikipedia has to say about Slavery in Brazil...

ChooseLife
03-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Matt Doumbe over Dickoh everytime.

This, Doumbe was a legend,

--------
03-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Does Ian Black count

Yup.

Up to 24, using all his fingers and toes. :devil: