PDA

View Full Version : Speechless

O'Rourke3
02-11-2012, 12:20 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/vladimir-romanov-rants-at-referees-and-claims-he-almost-bought-liverpool-1-2610869 :faf:

surreyhibbie
02-11-2012, 12:28 AM
The man is certifiable....

JohnStephens91
02-11-2012, 12:29 AM
“I had the opportunity to buy Liverpool for as little as £200 million. Frankly, I then got scared. After a few days, the price had gone to three times that value and I realised that missed my chance. I already own Hearts in Edinburgh and the Scottish football fans and the public love me.”

:faf:

Hibercelona
02-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Is it at all possible that Vlad is now handing over the cash behind the scenes, because he believes the gruesome 2 some are at it?

It's not as if they never get some baffling decisions in their favour these days. :rolleyes:

Sir David Gray
02-11-2012, 12:42 AM
His ramblings used to be hilarious, now he's just a bore.

The quicker he and his club disappear the better for all concerned.

Diclonius
02-11-2012, 01:06 AM
We shouldn't be giving him publicity on this forum. The man is taking the piss out of Scottish football.

Treadstone
02-11-2012, 01:26 AM
There will be no denial of this from Liverpool - its just too preposterous to ask .

fatbloke
02-11-2012, 01:34 AM
“I had the opportunity to buy Liverpool for as little as £200 million. Frankly, I then got scared. After a few days, the price had gone to three times that value and I realised that missed my chance. I already own Hearts in Edinburgh and the Scottish football fans and the public love me.”

:faf:

What the city or the football team?

ChooseLife
02-11-2012, 04:14 AM
will the yams be getting another fine for this latest rant?
If the last fine was £10,000 that sucks up the cash from 100 idiots who have invested in the share scheme :thumbsup:

Saorsa
02-11-2012, 07:46 AM
The man is certifiable....:agree:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/white.gif

degenerated
02-11-2012, 07:50 AM
He has clearly forgotten about their own pet referee Craig Thomson when going off on one.
I would also hazard a guess that most people out with jamtards consider him to be a complete roaster.

marinello59
02-11-2012, 08:08 AM
He has clearly forgotten about their own pet referee Craig Thomson when going off on one.
I would also hazard a guess that most people out with jamtards consider him to be a complete roaster.

Exactly.
I suspect, that just like the share issue which will fail, it's more a case of him building up excuses before eventually pulling the plug Kaunas style.I hope.

#FromTheCapital
02-11-2012, 08:14 AM
If it wasn't for referees hearts wouldn't of got anywhere near the cup final never mind win it.
Quote of the year has to go to 'the public love me' .....emm bad news Vladimir, they don't, even the hearts fans with half a brain cell are turning on you now.

Saorsa
02-11-2012, 08:19 AM
If it wasn't for referees hearts wouldn't of got anywhere near the cup final never mind win it.
Quote of the year has to go to 'the public love me' .....emm bad news Vladimir, they don't, even the hearts fans with half a brain cell are turning on you now.No too many then!

Www1875hfc
02-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Loved this paragraph.

Meanwhile, Romanov claimed again that he almost bought Liverpool last year. He explained: “I had the opportunity to buy Liverpool for as little as £200 million. Frankly, I then got scared. After a few days, the price had gone to three times that value and I realised that missed my chance. I already own Hearts in Edinburgh and the Scottish football fans and the public 
love me.”

£200 Million? and yet he's trying to raise a paltry £1.7 for a share issue?
Aye the public love you Vlad :aok:

EskbankHibby
02-11-2012, 08:21 AM
Exactly.
I suspect, that just like the share issue which will fail, it's more a case of him building up excuses before eventually pulling the plug Kaunas style.I hope.

Yup, he is furnishing himself with more exit strategies than he really needs.

Pick one from:

Referees cheat on behalf of old firm
Fans had a chance to buy shares but didn't
Edinburgh Council never built a free stadium for me
HMRC
The boy is mental, i have said it before but if any hearts fan considers giving this man their money in the 'mug punter share issue' (and lets be clear it will be going to Romanov, front pocket or back pocket) they should be standing next to him in a straitjacket.

MSK
02-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Yup, he is furnishing himself with more exit strategies than he really needs.

Pick one from:

Referees cheat on behalf of old firm
Fans had a chance to buy shares but didn't
Edinburgh Council never built a free stadium for me
HMRC
The boy is mental, i have said it before but if any hearts fan considers giving this man their money in the 'mug punter share issue' (and lets be clear it will be going to Romanov, front pocket or back pocket) they should be standing next to him in a straitjacket.But he got them two Scottish cups ..the believers will forever be indebted to him for that...its ingrained ..no matter what he does to the club or their **** hole of a ground that deluded lot will continue to kiss his ass !! :agree:

#FromTheCapital
02-11-2012, 08:32 AM
No too many then!

:thumbsup:Sorry i'l rephrase, ...even your braindead pink puddledrinking ****my halfwit ******* followers from the gorgie slums are turning on you now

HIBERNIAN-0762
02-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Loved that post by a deluded pinkoid at the comments section that the SFA "pick on hearts" and some folk on here call us paranoid? not a brain cell between them more like!

fat freddy
02-11-2012, 09:10 AM
he's not wrong when he says that referee's, the football authorities and the media have a bias towards the old firm...the fact that the article is headlined as a rant when recent charles green utterances have been dressed up as thought provoking revelations shows how the media can twist news stories to suit their agenda....i would argue that there is more truth in a vlad interview than a charles green interview but green has yet to recieve the wrath of the media or the s.p.l. for his outrageous lies and provocations...vlad, on the other hand has been fined on numerous occasions and been made into a joke figure by the media which actually adds weight to his argument.

Paisley Hibby
02-11-2012, 09:15 AM
he's not wrong when he says that referee's, the football authorities and the media have a bias towards the old firm...the fact that the article is headlined as a rant when recent charles green utterances have been dressed up as thought provoking revelations shows how the media can twist news stories to suit their agenda....i would argue that there is more truth in a vlad interview than a charles green interview but green has yet to recieve the wrath of the media or the s.p.l. for his outrageous lies and provocations...vlad, on the other hand has been fined on numerous occasions and been made into a joke figure by the media which actually adds weight to his argument.

Well said :agree:

Bill Milne
02-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Keechback had a bloke offering an explanation of the Liverpool situation. Apparently, Vlad was only the front man for a Russian backer who, subsequently, pulled out of the deal.

Golden Bear
02-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Is it at all possible that Vlad is now handing over the cash behind the scenes, because he believes the gruesome 2 some are at it?

It's not as if they never get some baffling decisions in their favour these days. :rolleyes:

:agree:

Going by the deplorable standard of BBC Scotland reporting on all things Hibernian, then I wouldn't be at all surprised if the mad one has been sending their pundits the occasional cash gift to keep them sweet.

The Green Goblin
02-11-2012, 11:04 AM

Excellent point.

Pretty Boy
02-11-2012, 11:05 AM
His ramblings used to be hilarious, now he's just a bore.

The quicker he and his club disappear the better for all concerned.

This.

It's not even funny anymore. More cliches and. Soundbites.

Boring.

Treadstone
02-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Here is the link to the Russian site :

http://izvestia.ru/news/538758

and here is the google translate of the interview . Basic but you get the idea . Use the Alexander Meerkat voice .

Vladimir Romanov - Lithuanian businessman. President and founder of Ūkio bankas. The owner of the football club "Heart of Midlothian" (Edinburgh), "Kaunas" (Kaunas) and the basketball club "Zalgiris" (Kaunas). Currently looking for buyers for their football assets. Romanov's new passion - basketball, a sport that has long been in Lithuania became a religion. Now Romanov friends with Arvydas Sabonis and wants to assemble a team of Lithuanians. On his plans, he said in an exclusive interview with "News".

- You have become famous far beyond the borders of Russia. There are times when they are in unfamiliar company?

- More recently was a case for a country meeting, where many Britons. It met with one of the British Parliament. And when he was told who he was sitting next to, it turned out that he was from Scotland and just crazy about football. When I was introduced, he forgot about all the political political correctness. It 50 times to press, to make an impression on me! Argued that all Scots love football and at any age well physically ready. Overdid it, the next day in hospital.

- Your outrageous is like a halo around it. And the stories about you are already legends. Probably everyone knows that you have served in Murmansk collapsed submarine, and when rich, bought it. There are still unrealized adolescent fantasies?

- I want to fly into space!

- Joke? You also have 65.

- These things are not joking. I'm in excellent shape. I play basketball, dancing. But, unfortunately, is not enough money to organize a trip into space.

- Despite the economic success and the desire to go into space, you became famous as a football tycoon. And the clubs have been so many that no one really does not know the final number. This is also part of shocking?

- Some do heroics in the home, the other at work. I buy football clubs. Great traveler Magellan made his mark in history, and I'm trying to keep my. I want to then tell Vladimir Romanov knowingly lived his life.

- You are the owner of the legendary basketball "Zalgiris" but you know how it is in the world of football mogul ...

- I am 16 years of work. And always in my life was sports. Gymnastics, boxing, cross ran. I even put a city championship. Then I realized how much sport means to people. And once started to work, wanted to return to the sport and to send the case to a proper course. But, unfortunately, the modern sport has long been in show business. And sometimes it is very disappointing to spend money on it. But we have to somehow adapt.

- In this case you do come up with a combination of dance and basketball - it's more show business than sport?

- If you are serious about dance, you would understand that it is very energy-intensive sport. And load it as much in basketball. A tantsobol - a chance to combine two passions. And the essence of the game is that after some pas on the basketball court should immediately throw into the ring.

- Interesting idea. But in Lithuania, you are perceived with hostility not for it. But rather for the fact that the legendary "Zalgiris" Russian owner. What you do not like?

- I say, modern sport has long been a show-business! I went to Scotland, bought a club. I was hoping that there is not all this kitsch. But no. Everywhere the same. No democracy! All judges take money from the two clubs, and they want to judge fairly. Only in Scotland each arbitrator must love or "Celtic" or the "Rangers." Otherwise, do not build a career in the lower leagues and not get out. And it is impossible to change the situation. You start to fight, and the big car system grinds you. Like the story of Murdoch. When I said, "Hearts" manages the Mafia, I was a wave. If you start to break this show business, then all rise up against you. And instead of the development team had to contend with the whole system at once.

- But there is something nice and in sport. Example, a complete platform in Kaunas basketball.

- Yes, and everything turned on its head! We win, but we did not congratulate and say - we bathe in gold! Although I had then in the "Hearts" the budget was 10 times less than that of "Celtic"! Similarly, in Lithuania basketball. All one and the same! We "Lietuvos Rytas" historical rivals. Always has been in the Lithuanian basketball. So now instead of a duel between two strong clubs begin to consider who has the most money, not who plays better. While budgets have virtually the same - 25 million a year. And all this struggle show business, not sport.

- Are you a romantic. Who needs a clean sport?

- Would I then put all his belongings in a sport that is not profitable? I want to break the system in the sport. It is impossible, but someone has to fight. And in return, I get the myths about themselves. And they call me a fool, and the despot announced.

- You had a great opportunity to change the whole system, when all of the Lithuanian football clubs were yours.

- Well, that's another myth. My not all were. Of the 10 teams in the league and my two fully three - to share with partners. Only five clubs. So all the time will not change.

- Excuse me, but why the five clubs in one host? In what sense?

- Listen to, but all the big teams was a pyramid. And Moscow "Spartak", and Kiev "Dynamo". Unable small Lithuanian club fight these giants. And I tried to make sure that we had a decent answer. Build the pyramids. Then there was the opportunity to buy a "Liverpool". That would be an opportunity for Lithuanian players! But to be honest, then frightened. Wanted to do it with partners, but the Russian partner in the last moment. The question price was 200 million and will soon price has tripled! But I missed out on. I was already hated in Scotland, and self-fly "Liverpool" I did not.

- It sounds like a business plan. Bought for 200, sell for 600. But about the "Zalgiris" and basketball in Lithuania do not tell. Profits will not be here. Although basketball - religion.

- "Hearts" with the Lithuanians beat in the "Celtic" in front of 60 thousand spectators. I was still the coach said: "The chances a bit, put the youth. This will be their chance. " And we won, and stands silently emptied. That was my victory! I achieved something. We fight on equal terms with the "Liverpool". Although clubs from different galaxies. "Rangers" to come to Lithuania to play with "Zalgiris" - we knocked them out of the cup. Victory in the memory! I left this football. He returned again to the Mafia and bandits. We can not thugs! Wow someone to kill and destroy communist monuments. I had gone from them and now I'm just playing basketball.

- For the full collection lacks only hockey in Lithuania. In the CHL will be happy.

- Yes, we even talked about it with KHL president Alexander Medvedev. But in Lithuania it is impossible. Sport is an industry of the state. Federation cream is removed, but the developing states. There is no ground for hockey in the country, and so many of Finance does not reach. All spent on football.

- Now basketball in Lithuania - a serious national idea ...

- Everyone knows what a basketball in Lithuania. But this situation is that our players are scattered around the world! No one wants to play at home. I decided to put together all the best of Lithuanians in the same team. Wanted to start a star back home, Sarunas Yasikyavichusa. But he had already offered the position after his career, and we could not believe. But come Lavrinovichi, Kaukenas. And for Lithuania is a serious event. Now, the first defeat of the season CSKA took it in Kaunas. People love it!

- So, the Russian owner radeet for the national idea of ​​Lithuanian basketball?

- Stupidity is! But who said that the Lithuanian and Russian - two different people? For centuries been one people. Only Princes different. Byzantines and the Mongols and Tatars were divided into three parts, one country. And they rusichi separately, Lithuanians separately. Then intervened, religion, politics - and now is a different country. But the people, then some!

lapsedhibee
02-11-2012, 11:22 AM

:agree:

hibsbollah
02-11-2012, 11:31 AM

Good point.

Big Frank
02-11-2012, 11:51 AM
His third paragraph is spot on.

SunshineOnLeith
02-11-2012, 12:20 PM

He explicitly states that Rangers and Celtic give money to referees. Unless you believe that to be the case, I fail to see how anyone could not feel that's worthy of censure.

sbell1875
02-11-2012, 05:47 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/vladimir-romanov-rants-at-referees-and-claims-he-almost-bought-liverpool-1-2610869 :faf:

Wow. Just, wow.

iwasthere1972
02-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Romanov hints how many players will be paid on time this month.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/vladimir-romanov-rants-at-referees-and-claims-he-almost-bought-liverpool-1-2610869

Jonnyboy
02-11-2012, 09:38 PM
We shouldn't be giving him publicity on this forum. The man is taking the piss out of Scottish football.

Indeed and if HoMoFC go bust he'll also be taking the shiit out of Scottish football :agree: