PDA

View Full Version : 4th round Scottish Cup, Hibs v Hearts (3:30, Sunday 2nd Dec)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Phil D. Rolls
07-11-2012, 03:46 PM
There is no way they are getting money up front from me. Hibs fans should insist on a cash gate.

Broken Gnome
07-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Ask yer pals if they can afford a ticket as well as buying shares in this time of austerity.

For what it's worth all the reasons suggest a bumper Hibs crowd, Cup Final revenge, KO time, team playing well, Hearts potential demise, and initiatives like cup top up etc. Might not be a sell out but could well be biggest crowd in new stadium.

Ever passing minute makes defeat seem even more unthinkable for Hibs here. If they're on their knees and going to the grave, the last thing we should allow to happen is letting them knock us out of the cup one last time for the road.

Fill it. Hammer them. Wave them goodbye.

Franck Stanton
07-11-2012, 03:57 PM
Sell out ? Sell out what ? Thre wont be a game that day, don't you know ? Haven't you heard ? ---- They're going bust , They're going bust, the yams are going BUST.

euansdad
07-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Have to see whether it happens yet! Love to add to their misery and knock them out.

Bobo
07-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Ever passing minute makes defeat seem even more unthinkable for Hibs here. If they're on their knees and going to the grave, the last thing we should allow to happen is letting them knock us out of the cup one last time for the road.

Fill it. Hammer them. Wave them goodbye.

Agree 100% :agree: would like to wave them off for good.

Remember the Hibs support, at Tynecastle, singing "We'll meet again" to the Merricks before they were soon to be relegated during their yoyo period with the 1st Division.

I think the game ended in a 2-2 draw with their off side equaliser coming in the dying seconds? I remember the goal being that far off side it was laughable but we didnae care 'cos they were going down... happy days :greengrin (might have been Jim Brown that scored for them?)

DH1875
07-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Sell out for what :confused:. Who we gonna be playing that day then :tee hee:.

SouthamptonHibs
07-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Flights booked up around 1pm today, get a email around 3pm advising game could be off as Hearts are going bust around 17th Nov!!

looking forward to this game = revenge for May (if there still alive)

Hail HAil:top marks:top marks

bighairyfaeleith
07-11-2012, 07:59 PM
see if it does, they will probably beat us now. This will either unite or destroy them and if it unites them we will probably get beat.

They however will still die.

18/03/07
07-11-2012, 08:04 PM
I renewed 22nd april,paid in full,still have last years card,so don't know if i have cup top up or not,anyone know what date was for the top up?seem to remember it being extended for a month

gackohibs
07-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Flights booked up around 1pm today, get a email around 3pm advising game could be off as Hearts are going bust around 17th Nov!!

looking forward to this game = revenge for May (if there still alive)

Hail HAil:top marks:top marks

email from who? just a mate or something official?

english_hibee
07-11-2012, 09:09 PM
I renewed 22nd april,paid in full,still have last years card,so don't know if i have cup top up or not,anyone know what date was for the top up?seem to remember it being extended for a month

Hate to be the bearer of bad news,but the top up cutoff was April 13th, the date to redeem the free shirt voucher was extended by a month

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2012, 09:13 PM

Sure it was April 6th?

Maybe best calling the office to see if you have CTU or not......

Saorsa
07-11-2012, 09:16 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120405/-deadlines-extended-_2262950_2723917

Early Bird Package - Deadline 5pm 13 April 2012

FifeHibernian
07-11-2012, 10:42 PM
Who would reply no to that poll? Who wouldn't want to go to this! Should be a great one! I'd loooove a win

Sas_The_Hibby
07-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Looks like we'll now need to arrange a friendly that weekend. :wink:

Sir David Gray
07-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Anyone who needs to book flights or other transport to get to this game should be holding off for the time being as it looks like we might be getting a bye into the next round. :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted with the latest news but I was hoping that they would at least make it through until the new year before going bust so we could destroy them twice and then they can shrivel up and die if they want.

wearethehibs
08-11-2012, 10:22 AM
With the events going on at them Im now even more sure they will beat us. (If they make it to the game)

How often does it happen that their off feild issues seems to get them even more up for games. The fact that so many Hibees think we will hammer them surprises me if Im honest. We always seem to bottle the big games against them.

The Sea-gull
08-11-2012, 10:36 AM
With the events going on at them Im now even more sure they will beat us. (If they make it to the game)

How often does it happen that their off feild issues seems to get them even more up for games. The fact that so many Hibees think we will hammer them surprises me if Im honest. We always seem to bottle the big games against them.

Spot on.

Far too much mouthing off on this site ahead of a big derby as usual. I remember being told and reading so much about how p1sh they are and how we would beat them ahead of the cup final and countless other big and not so big derbies.

History shows that whether they are better than us or we are better than them at the time of a derby does not matter. They tend not to lose many irrespective of circumstances.

If they can field a team to play us on 2nd Dec, I would not be surprised in the slightest if they turned us over and their current plight will spur them and their supporters on. Failing that they'll get all the luck and all the decisions in their favour as usual.

Sorry to be negative but so many derby disasters over the years means I can't ever be confident about any game v them whatever the circumstances. I'm not saying we won't win - on paper and on grass we look the better bet right now but that does not matter as derbies have shown so many times in the past. I not as certain as many that we WILL beat them and WILL thrash them. Just saying that there seems to be another desparate dose of over confidence ahead of a derby.

Feel that they may be able to laugh at us in the short term and may even be able to do it after putting us out the cup in December but it is now looking that long term they will either go into admin, lose 17 points and maybe get relegated to the first or be out of business and attempt to get into the third ala Rangers.

The best case scenario now for them seems, unless they get investors in, that they go into admin take the points hit and survive relegation.

I just wonder if Hearts are going to be the tip of the ice berg when it comes to clubs going into admin or going bust.

PatHead
08-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Spot on.

Far too much mouthing off on this site ahead of a big derby as usual. I remember being told and reading so much about how p1sh they are and how we would beat them ahead of the cup final and countless other big and not so big derbies.

History shows that whether they are better than us or we are better than them at the time of a derby does not matter. They tend not to lose many irrespective of circumstances.

If they can field a team to play us on 2nd Dec, I would not be surprised in the slightest if they turned us over and their current plight will spur them and their supporters on. Failing that they'll get all the luck and all the decisions in their favour as usual.

Sorry to be negative but so many derby disasters over the years means I can't ever be confident about any game v them whatever the circumstances. I'm not saying we won't win - on paper and on grass we look the better bet right now but that does not matter as derbies have shown so many times in the past. I not as certain as many that we WILL beat them and WILL thrash them. Just saying that there seems to be another desparate dose of over confidence ahead of a derby.

Feel that they may be able to laugh at us in the short term and may even be able to do it after putting us out the cup in December but it is now looking that long term they will either go into admin, lose 17 points and maybe get relegated to the first or be out of business and attempt to get into the third ala Rangers.

The best case scenario now for them seems, unless they get investors in, that they go into admin take the points hit and survive relegation.

I just wonder if Hearts are going to be the tip of the ice berg when it comes to clubs going into admin or going bust.

Admin is not an option as there is not a hope of trading out of their financial position. As previously stated Liquidation would happen rather than admin.

Craig_in_Prague
08-11-2012, 10:47 AM
they still have many players they can't afford, thus to me it's still not a level playing field.
so not going to get hot and bothered about the next game (if they are around to fullfill the fixture)

All I care about is that my team have a fantastic stadium, training centre and infrastructure which is suitable for a club in the 21st century. We have a platform to build for the future. We have a manager installing a better mentality into the club (on and off the field). The next 90mins agains that lot are not of my concern, the future is bright and the future is green and white.

Stevie Reid
08-11-2012, 10:57 AM
If the cup tie goes ahead we certainly need to be careful - we very rarely win derbies that we should, and IIRC Rangers comfortably beat Celtic in the first OF derby after they went into administration.

However, Fenlon and the players will be looking at this as an incredible opportunity so soon after May - we supporters can afford to be cautiously optimistic, I think. We can certainly enjoy the current state of affairs a great deal.

The Sea-gull
08-11-2012, 11:05 AM
they still have many players they can't afford, thus to me it's still not a level playing field.
so not going to get hot and bothered about the next game (if they are around to fullfill the fixture)

All I care about is that my team have a fantastic stadium, training centre and infrastructure which is suitable for a club in the 21st century. We have a platform to build for the future. We have a manager installing a better mentality into the club (on and off the field). The next 90mins agains that lot are not of my concern, the future is bright and the future is green and white.

Absolutely.

While defeat would obviously be painful and they would come out with all their jibes and bravado, I know, you know, we know and they know (even if they won't admit it) the future of our club is much brighter than that of theirs - if they have a future at all.

There has been years of speculation about them going bust and teetering on the brink of oblivion. I used to belive it would happen but in more recent years, everytime it looked over for them they seemd to sort themselves out and things seemed to settle so I had actually just began thinking that they will just press on. This is a little different now and after years of rumour about the state they are in, it could all be over very quickly.

Seems the only thing that will save them now is fans chucking money at them, someone paying off the tax bill or Romanov himself paying the bill. The only way the latter will happen is if it is in his interests to keep them in business for a wee while longer.

Still think they'll make it past 17th November as the bill will get paid some how or something will be negotiated. They have much longer to stumble on than Rangers did though in terms of seeing out the season and someone was saying on tv/radio recently that, when you compare the size of the two companies (Rangers debt was worse but they could generate more money and more interested investors) Hearts are relatively in a worse state than Rangers.

PeeJay
08-11-2012, 11:17 AM
Spot on.

Is that not just what football fans tend to do: talk up their own team, talk down the other team? We never lost a game because of what the fans said or didn't...

... FWIW I remember watching Turnbull's team and I never genuinely thought we'd "hammer" Hearts in a derby, at any time - you can never tell: sometimes everything goes wrong, somethimes everything goes right... the team on the park does the talking, and I feel reasonably confident about this game with this team, (...not that that counts for much...:greengrin)

clerriehibs
08-11-2012, 02:26 PM
They shouldn't be allowed to fulfil the fixture. They're effectively trading whilst insolvent at the moment. That's illegal.

Hibernia&Alba
08-11-2012, 04:04 PM
My old man's 60th that day. I really hope Hibs make his day, then I'll take him to get wasted. We have to stop their unbeaten run against us.

jgl07
08-11-2012, 04:07 PM
I will be working in Oman that week.:boo hoo:

I still think that Hibs have a bye to the next round though!

Stevie Reid
09-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Should probably have posted this here: -

Sorry if already mentioned, but it now seems to be apparent that Hearts weren't paying tax (as well as their wages) earlier this year when they were on their cup run and signing Craig Beattie - when the SFA gave their verdict on Rangers' tax evasion they said that the only thing more serious would have been them being found guilty of match fixing. Now that day in May will never change, it will always be an horrendous one for us and a memory that they'll always have, and I certainly wouldn't want any retrospective awarding of trophies, nor do I see much point in them having it taken off them - however, they are still guilty of the same crime now, so should they be allowed to defend a tainted trophy? The SFA considered a Scottish Cup ban for Rangers, I don't see how Hearts can be allowed in this year's competition really.

euansdad
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Must be awkward for our football club. Very real possibility this cup tie won't go ahead. Will buy a ticket when they come up but we could end up with a bye!

norhfc
12-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Regardless of whats happening with them,Hibs will soon have to start selling the cup tickets.
Its 3 weeks till the game and I,m travelling a fair bit to get there,does anyone know if and
when they will be on sale ??

JimBHibees
12-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Regardless of whats happening with them,Hibs will soon have to start selling the cup tickets.
Its 3 weeks till the game and I,m travelling a fair bit to get there,does anyone know if and

Bound to be some time this week I would have thought.

legends of 73
12-11-2012, 12:50 PM

Heard a story yesterday that tickets won't be available until the week of the game due the fact their about to go BUST. Hibs don't want to print them just in case we get a bye and waste money on printing tickets.

Green Man
12-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Heard a story yesterday that tickets won't be available until the week of the game due the fact their about to go BUST. Hibs don't want to print them just in case we get a bye and waste money on printing tickets.

We should print them anyway, they would make a great collectors item :greengrin

euansdad
12-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Will ST holders get a priority window?

Mikey
12-11-2012, 04:29 PM
A wee birdie told me that we're waiting to see if they see the week out.

Chuck Rhoades
12-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Hibs will be busy with SC Derby, free ticket for Celtic match, half season tickets and New Year Derby tickets.

I'd imagine there will be an announcement at the end of this week/beginning of next.

Skanko79
12-11-2012, 04:44 PM
when was the last we played hearts at home in the scottish cup?

was it the game when that wee pleb wayne foster scored?

Craig_in_Prague
12-11-2012, 04:45 PM
They beat us not so long ago.. nade scored his one and only career goal.... When we had the wonderful Maka in goals

allezsauzee
12-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Cue another thread about how Makalamby is going to be a great keeper one day and we were to quick too get rid?

Pete
12-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Fletcher got sent off. Who was the ref?

sbell1875
12-11-2012, 04:50 PM
January 2009. We lost 0-2 in the 3rd round at Easter Road. I remember it far too vividly as our family lost a much loved relative the same day.

Skanko79
12-11-2012, 04:52 PM
Thats right i remember that now. still have visions/nightmares of foster going clean through and scoring that day though, that was ages ago tae.

sure it was the 96th minute or something as well.

EH6 Hibby
12-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Christophe Berra dived like a brown trout to get Fletcher sent off.

matty_f
12-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Fletcher got sent off. Who was the ref?

Wouldn't have been Craig Thompson by any chance?:rolleyes:

Golden Bear
12-11-2012, 04:54 PM
Cue another thread about how Makalamby is going to be a great keeper one day and we were to quick too get rid?

He's away to Spain I heard.

:wink:

YehButNoBut
12-11-2012, 04:59 PM
My favourite memory of a Scottish Cup game v them at ER was a QF in March 1979, Hibs won 2-1 thanks to a great volley from Gordon Rae of all people think Ralph Callaghan got the other.

Also my good mate John Brough was in goal for Hearts...........................which made it sweeter. :greengrin

Hanny
12-11-2012, 05:00 PM

:agree:

Hibernian: Ma-Kalambay (Szamotulski 46), van Zanten, Hogg, Jones, Murray, Johansson (O'Brien 66), Bamba, Rankin, Stevenson, Fletcher, Riordan (Nish 66). Subs Not Used: Yantorno, Chisholm.

Sent Off: Fletcher (31).

Booked: Stevenson, Riordan, Rankin.

Hearts: Balogh, Jonsson, Zaliukas, Berra, Lee Wallace, Karipidis, Cesnauskis, Obua (Glen 82), Palazuelos, Driver, Nade (Stewart 90). Subs Not Used: Kello, Thomson, Templeton. Booked: Berra, Zaliukas.

Goals: Nade 38, Glen 90.

Att: 14,837

Ref: Craig Thompson

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Hearts' Christian Nade 7.92 (on 90 minutes).

Craig_in_Prague
12-11-2012, 05:02 PM

oh dear.. How did we not suss this prick out back then... Or maybe some had.... But personally just thought all refs are just useless. Arrrghhh cheating runt that he is.

Billy Whizz
02-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Yes it starts all over again!!!
4th round draw is on Monday, live on Sky Sports at 2.30pm
Ties to be played 1st/2nd December

I'll go first - Hearts at ER please

I started the thread so I'm allowed to close it

Next round draw is tomorrow afternoon
Admins, am I allowed to start it as I've brought us good luck

Gatecrasher
02-12-2012, 06:20 PM

Good effort :thumbsup:

aljo7-0
02-12-2012, 06:26 PM
I started the thread so I'm allowed to close it

Next round draw is tomorrow afternoon
Admins, am I allowed to start it as I've brought us good luck
Pick an easy home game for us Bill :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
02-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Pick an easy home game for us Bill :thumbsup:

My heart says Arbroath, but my head says Dunfermline at East End Park

aljo7-0
02-12-2012, 06:42 PM
My heart says Arbroath, but my head says Dunfermline at East End Park
I'd not mind either of those to be honest. I'd take a home game against anyone but I do like the trip to East End Park
and really enjoyed our last game there - the Hibs crowd was brilliant that day.